It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaids

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Considering that they have scientific proof that wolf-like animals evolved into orca's (Yes, wolves into whales) i imagine it's as likely as every other THEORY i have heard passed around.

Wolves to Whales

Regardless, the theory offered on the show was engaging enough to keep one entertained and even informative to a certain degree. The thing about the spears seems true enough, as far as i can tell, and i have always wondered why every culture has stories about other 'human-like' things in their territories. There are stories of demons/elves/fairies/dragons and mermaids in nearly every culture you can think of....

Bare in mind, they just discovered two new species of whales not that long ago....and of course the giant squid.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I watched the documentary as well and all I have to say is that thing was no Ariel!! LOL I wonder though.. If I go live in the ocean for the rest of my years will I evolve into a mermaid?? If I didn't get eatin by a shark first that is!! The most interesting thing was the spears they made they were so awesome!!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDirt
reply to post by deathlord

yes that what I was saying we have only seen them since 2004. just like mermaids we see old cave paintings on them old Viking stories and what not.

Bear with me. A hoax within a hoax; you do not know what elements are at work here, you know trickery is used. One of the best is to give the truth in a sly manner, by calling it fakery as it will not frighten the public; the element of truth is there in the message; so not to confound an confuse. just send forth the idea form. The human has much to learn regarding its past evolutions and the baldface falseness of it. Although the senarios were manufactured (some of them), the aquatic Ape, the others not so much; this is a gigantic hoax because it is true and presented as such. This is more about combining the dimensions/crossover than anything else. They live at a higher frequency, and are/were glimpsed by those (before the human fell in frequency) for eons. If you look at the disclaimers at the end of both episodes it is extremely VAGUE in what they are disclaiming. . Look again. There are tangible truths here if you can see them and this is done ON PURPOSE, sort of a high five (WE SEE YOU) the navy thumb a nose at anthropologists, and say "BIG HELLO to both of you", GUESS WHAT". Someone told me dont believe what you see on TV. My response, Mr. Ed talked by way of a peanut butter application to the roof of Its mouth. Animal Planet is more than what it seems.
edit on 30-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I know that there are a lot of people out there who are quick to dismiss this whole thing because of the "disclaimer" and the fact that actors were utilized to portray those who actually participated in the discoveries, but personally, I don't think that's enough to "throw the baby out with the bath water."

For starters, with all of the animation that was included in the film, I think it would be absolutely necessary to issue a disclaimer in order to keep the networks reputation intact. Not to mention the fact that, despite what we already know regarding the evolution of terrestrial mammals into aquatic mammals, (Wolves to Whales for example) the 'Aquatic Ape Theory" mentioned in the film is not yet accepted in the mainstream scientific community and therefor cannot be presented as factual.

It is my personal opinion that the real "smoking gun" in this story is Dr. Paul Robertson who was mentioned in the film. If you attempt to access any of his websites, a strange little notice pops up from the Dept. Of Homeland Security explaining that the site has been seized. Now I have to ask myself, why would they go to the trouble to seize these sites if there was nothing to hide? Hell, why would they care about these sites at all?

You can check it out for yourself here; (just click on any one of them as see what happens.)

drpaulrobertson.com...

mermaidsarealive.com...

believeinmermaids.com...

This is what I get;

edit on 31-5-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
a strange little notice pops up from the Dept. Of Homeland Security

That is NOT the Dept of Homeland Security Crest....

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

a strange little notice pops up from the Dept. Of Homeland Security

That is NOT the Dept of Homeland Security Crest....

Not sure I understand what your point is. The badge on the right clearly states that it is the badge of a special agent for the Dept. of "Homeland Security Investigations," while the one on the left is from the "Dept. of Justice."

Now why would either one of those agencies be interested in seizing web sites from someone who is promoting mermaid theories? That's the real question here.

Why don't they seize all the other conspiracy web sites out there that talk about ETs for example?

If you main focus is on the layout of the badges, you're missing the bigger point.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I keep seeing people saying it's fake, and whatnot. Ok. Can you prove, for 100%, that this could never happen/is impossible? Even with the CGI, it's still a very possible theory that should defiantly be explored. We find life in the strangest places; adapted to live in environments we thought no life could live in.

Untill someone can completely (and I mean completely) disprove the aquatic ape theory, I choose to believe that it is a possibility.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Its a good idea / theory. Check out this REAL scientist explain it..

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Now why would either one of those agencies be interested in seizing web sites from someone who is promoting mermaid theories? That's the real question here.

They haven't seized any website, it is just a hoax - what part of that don't you understand?

The Discovery channel owns the domain names, all 3 websites were registered on the same day... just a hoax.

For another document on mermaids....
www.selkiecomic.com...
edit on 1-6-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

It is obvious to see it is fake as well beyond domain data, like Whois.net, from the HTML on the site. A quick look at the page source shows it is clearly not the DOJ or Homeland Security doing it. If either of them seized the site and put up the picture, they wouldn't name their image "mermaids_web", but more telling is the alt and title tags for it.

"img width="960" height="720" alt="Mermaid legend is true, and there is proof of real live mermaids" title="Mermaid Legends-Mermaid Sightings-water creature" "media/img/mermaids_web.jpg" "

Now why would the DOJ and Homeland Security want an alt tag for their image to say mermaids are real and proof?

Here is a real DOJ picture from megaupload when it got cracked down on:

Notice how that has actual information for why it was being seized and notice the difference in the DOJ emblems. The colors are all wrong on the fake one for mermaids.

Originally posted by JDirt
reply to post by deathlord

yes that what I was saying we have only seen them since 2004. just like mermaids we see old cave paintings on them old Viking stories and what not.

We have seen giant squid for quite a long time, fisherman have caught parts and corpses of them for a long time. Just because we haven't seen them in the deep ocean habitat, does not mean that we haven't seen them at all until recently. There has been documented corpses of giant squid since the 1500's, however, there has not been a single mermaid corpse to be heard of. With all the fishing that goes on in the world now, some mermaid dead or alive would more than likely have emerged. Going from old myths I've heard of they are air breathers since they have a human upper body, unless you believe they are magical. So, they couldn't live in deep waters and would be coastal creatures where they would be easily spotted, and from what I have ever read that seems to be where they generally show up. If we can find giant squid that live 3000 feet in the water from corpses and fishing, we should definitely have real proof of mermaids.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JDirt

I watched the same thing recently on Animal Planet, both the 2 hour show and the 1 hour new evidence show. It was entertaining, but it felt VERY scripted.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if mermaids do exist. Hell, I think we have aliens living in the sea there, genetically engineering new fish and other crazy stuff. Soon man will be doing the same thing.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

That was beautiful and inspiring, dear brother. That last bit of information brought a tear to my eye. Thank you.
edit on 2-6-2013 by Franz von Humboldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

This video was supposedly just filmed a few days ago in Israel,Showing a Creature sitting on the Rocks,then once it discovers its being watched,jumps in the water and swims off. It looks very much like the (mermaid) corpse that everyone is talking about.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeNF
reply to post by JDirt

I watched the same thing recently on Animal Planet, both the 2 hour show and the 1 hour new evidence show. It was entertaining, but it felt VERY scripted.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if mermaids do exist. Hell, I think we have aliens living in the sea there, genetically engineering new fish and other crazy stuff. Soon man will be doing the same thing.

It was scripted on purpose to prove a point of another type of beingness. The more entertaining the better, at least not an "Avatar" cartoon effort or "The Time Machine". You have been guided for YEARS NOW, and YET have no idea of it, Maddening!. Your visual depictions of 'syfy' senarios have been around since celluloid was invented (ITS CALLED WAKE UP Heres a clue)--a MOVIE within a MOVIE, FILM describes you your ancestors and you do not recognise you are watching yourselves progress in a HOLLYWOODLAND manner? YOUR existance and explaination is being screamed at you and you pay for the price of admission.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Fairly sure there is more to this than a simple disclaimer at the end of the visual narrative. This was too well done and sly. The only way to gain attention to a subject is to use ultimate TRUTH, NO ONE WILL BELEIVE IT (I find this tact works; and is a systematic in the failure of human belief systems regarding Paul/Peter and Jesus and for me VERY funny). Mithras, born of a virgin spawned the Jesus version, its ALL STORY TELLING. Does anyone believe in anything anymore? Mermaid: A body found is much more than debunkers think it is. Its a truism faked to cause controversial thoughtform. Minataurs, Centaurs, all Atlantean creatures, what is the problem with have some imagination regarding our past tense or future present?

edit on 2-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JDirt

I actually just watched a bit of this show some hours ago, it was interesting but I think some said it was fiction and made up and based on supposed real events. Cant comment either way, as I did not watch the whole show, or know what these real events are, if anything it seemed to have been entertaining.

The aquatic ape theory, well the human type body is not very conducive to deep water, and having hand like flippers would not be all that helpful in maneuvering or even in moving things in water, most especially deep water were the pressures can get pretty intense. So ya while it is possible that there could evolve a sort of aquatic ape, its not very likely especially when there are other shapes much more conducive to that scope, its much more likely that an octopus like being would become sentient in such an environment, then a half monkey half fish type of creature would. Or at least not on its own. Or the question may be that sure an aquatic ape theory is plausible, but the question would be would a deep water aquatic ape species be possible?

However I say only one way to find out....Now who hear has a spare million dollar submarine laying about and some months to kill with potential diving in deep sea waters for hours to days on end to get to the bottom of this mystery?

Well anyways, here is one of the clips from the show I stumbled upon earlier in the day. The thing does not look so much mermaid more like merWTFisthat.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Its all fake. All actors. Its even listed on IMDB. Just read through the other threads.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

Precisely. While it was a fun fakumentary to watch, it was just that....all faked with actors.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
reply to post by coop039

Precisely. While it was a fun fakumentary to watch, it was just that....all faked with actors.

www.imdb.com...

Fun and games just like your life. An actor playing you as a human and you have done this many times before, and never thought to be the director of something that meant anything to anyone (you never realised your own fakery). This was a metaphor for YOU and your compatriots and the fact you may not be real yourselves tangible maybe as a self realization--to anyone else, a scripted movie.
edit on 5-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Now they are making fake documentaries... great

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join