It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women don't like quiet males. (They prefer alpha males who are all bullies)

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by AussieDingus

Out of all the posters on this thread, you are by far, the most petty and pointless in your attempts at discussion.

Granted this entire thread has gotten off topic, but the way you attempt to derail it is on entirely different level than the way I have. I think the discussion would have a lot more value to everyone if you just kind of sat on the sidelines and took notes for a while.

Think I just defined it for ya.

Your sad attempt at a definition has not even come close to defining it. But with you, i'm not surprised in the slightest. The question was "how do YOU define winning" ? It is a question in relation to YOUR comment about winning. If you don't like questions about YOUR comments, then don't make the comments in the first place. Seriously though, you have to be told this ???

I have never tried to derail this thread and was never my intentions. But in your own words "but the way you attempt to derail it is on entirely different level than the way I have". And there you have it, admitting that you have tried to derail the thread ["than the way I HAVE", your words, not mine]] And added to the fact that you "love to argue" its all out in the open. So there we have it, you've now admitted that you HAVE tried to derail the thread, and you admitted that you "love to argue". It would go a long way to explaining why you've been "attacked" for the last 6 pages. Put back in your place would be a more adept term than attacked, but hey, whatever gets you to sleep at night [with someone else's girlfriend].

Maybe if you took your own advice and sat on the sidelines for a while, you'd hopefully see how foolish you look boasting of sexual conquests [that have no proof, only assumptions from you], but then getting all upset and sad because people have been "attacking" you for 6 pages. Yet as usual, you completely dismiss the notion that maybe its you, and your comments, and your mentality that has contributed the most to this.

If you're so worried about being "attacked", then just keep fooling around with someone's girlfriend and you'll get a good dose of what being attacked means. But if you truly believe that your mentality towards relationships is the correct mentality, then go up and fool around with a Hell's Angel's GF and see what happens to you big man. You might need that gun in your Avatar, because you'll be having 100 of them pointing at your head if you fool around with the wrong GF. Or do you prefer to target younger girls because their younger BF will be less likely to seek revenge. You think that because nothing has happened to you YET, that its acceptable behaviour, but what happens when the yet comes, which it always does, eventually. And if you somehow think you'll be immune to this, then you are even more deluded than I first thought !

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611
I admit, I just read the OP and first page, but I had to throw in my 2 cents worth.

I am female, and first I'd like to say we do not all think alike. The one thing in life that turns me off the quickest and disgusts me worse than anything is a loud, foul-mouthed bully of a man. I am single, always have been and probably always will be because I feel this way.

I refuse to be anybody's punching bag. I'm not looking to pop out a dozen or so "mini-bullies" just like daddy. Way past that part of my life, as I'm skating towards fifty. Exactly where are all you quiet, decent men hiding, anyway? Ah, never mind, it's probably not worth wading through all the phony bravado to find the real person.

I'm sure a lot of people of both sexes puff themselves up when posting on discussion boards like this, but there are also more like me who find safety in the anonymity. I feel more comfortable sharing my truths on here, whatever the consequences.

I can feel the next question looming in the distance... no, I'm not into girls either, I just prefer to be alone, thank you. Much safer that way.

If you cannot get what the heart wants then why try? I long since understood that what I seek was not to be found in this life. To be with somebody and feel totally disconnected/alone in that relationship is so much worse than to be alone. In my current state I would probably not be a good thing to the real deal anyway so I am one of those who are hiding. Thank you for being soul sister.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by Jepic

You are confusing being extroverted with confidence. The two are not mutually exclusive as has been said in this thread time and time again. It isn't I or anyone else that is wrong here it is you. At some point your married friends were confident enough in themselves to talk to another human being and engage in social behavior. Just like my own shy introverted husband did. Being quiet and reserved have zero impact on your level of confidence.

I'm not confusing anything. Introverts are shy and extroverts are confident. Believe it or not, introverts even though shy are perfectly capable of starting and maintaining a conversation. You don't need to be an alpha male or a confident person for that matter to talk to other people.

Shy is not 100% right from my point of view. Shyness is rather from my point a view a effect that happens due to how the surrounding world/society behaves around introverts, and even being introvert is a behaviour learned since the world/society cannot accept the information that the introvert is giving. The shyness do not need to be there in the right enviroment but still the introvert will probably be more interested in the mind and thoughts than the interaction with others, since the others do normally not discuss something that is interesting to introverts. Some introverts become very confident and could not care less how the rest of society think about them. And introverts who are confident normally do not talk so much since they do not need to prove themselves since external group admiration means very little to them.

Since extroverts take value from interaction with the group and therefore normally know what the group knows while introverts can have a lot of understanding and knowledge that they choose not to share with the extroverts.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fadedface
Anyone notice that women always go for the 'bad boys' and 'arrogant jerks'?

This is because women are genetically hardwired to be instinctively attracted to alpha males and this is because alpha males are aggressively confident and competitive and Women ignore, reject and even ridicule quiet, uncompetitive and passive males like me who lack confidence..

The fact of the matter is that women are attracted to confidence and alpha male traits in men more than anything else and it doesn't necessarily matter if the man is a good person or not so long as he is a confident alpha male.

Women know that procreation with an alpha male will give her offspring the necessary genes to survive and be competitive so women in this sense are propagating survival of the fittest. As well as this women also inherently despise quiet and passive males such as myself because they perceive us as weak and uncompetitive and this goes against the social Darwinism which women adhere to in social situations which is why women always marginalise the quieter males in social situations.

It is also clear that the human society we live in is so violent because women are still predominately breeding with aggressive and competitive alpha males and instilling the violent and competitive genes in the next generation. If women went against their genetic and social conditioning and procreated instead with weaker, passive and timid males eventually human society would become more tolerant and peaceful.

However this is against female nature and it is females who force alpha males to behave so aggressively, competitively and violently because alpha males realize that women only select the strongest and fittest males for procreation. Also because women are affronted by the uncompetitive and passive nature of non alpha males such as 'omega males' like myself they manipulate alpha males into bullying us and alienate and deny us social acceptance which is no great loss as social acceptance is conditional on 'conformity of thought' and all human social interaction is based on self serving interest, double standards and hypocrisy.

Females marginalise passive and uncompetitive males because on a unconscious level (or maybe consciously in some cases) women are trying to wipe out quiet and passive 'omega males' because they know if we where to be evolutionarily successful we could change human society and eventually human nature by subverting the survival of the fittest competitive natural order of life which women are defined and moulded by.

Women in terms of attraction to males don't seem to have mentally evolved beyond primates in that they are still predominately attracted to aggressively confident and competitive alpha males. Women in regard to the males they are attracted to and choose for procreation still exist in a 'hunter gatherer' society.

All of this proves that all human relationships between men and women are based on natural selection, self preservation and mutual self interest and any other notion such as 'love' is mere human egotism.

Well I'm glad I'm an omega male and am looking forward to disappearing from the gene pool.
edit on 19-5-2013 by fadedface because: spelling

I got the mod smackdown on my last post, let me say it differently now:
Man up.

I know you don't want to hear that, but, take it from someone who has a very public profession(Actor), but can be shy/introverted/non-confrontational. People, bless their ignorant hearts, interpret the shy tendencies as weakness. If people think you are weak they will attack, marginalize, disrespect, and generally piss in your face. People are very cruel to the weak. For the sake of peace in your life, for the sake of actually accomplishing something with your life, STOP BEING WEAK. Just stop. Be assertive. Step up. Your life will improve in immeasurable ways. On another note, you sound depressed. Have you considered speaking to someone about that? I'd also(I really mean this) check your testosterone levels. They might be low.

The bottom line is this: Life must be SEIZED. It won't come to you. Go get some(and I mean that in every sense, cause buddy, you need some sex.) Be confident, even if you tremble inside. STAND UP. Get it. whatever "it" means to you, get it. Stop letting people piss in your face. Speak up, STAND UP, GET UP. No more doormat, man, seriously. I've been there, and it's no good. Self-esteem, is key. Walk this world like a boss. You don't have to be arrogant, just know you can do what you want to do, and let that energy resonate from you.

Just watch what happens.

Let Bob Newhart explain it:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-5-2013 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieDingus
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I bet you do like a nice gun, especially a big one. Sorry, I couldn't resist either.

But a certain someone else seems to like his little gun...............just saying ?

Definitely! To both, lol!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

You've got issues, and you're blaming all women for those issues. Women don't like quiet, timid, passive guys for a reason. They don't communicate. They won't stand up for themselves, or their mate, and they are self absorbed. Girls don't like men who throw themselves pity parties any more than men like a self deprecating female.

Stop blaming all women for your own shortcomings. I wouldn't want to go out with you either.

I find this post very telling. It states that women don't like timid guys, period. It also received a lot of stars and this adds credibility to it. This post also accuses the OP of taking his personal problems over women when he is merely expressing his honest feelings on the matter and is asking, openly while expressing his concerns, issues surrounding how unfair it seems that nice guys finish last. I think his point is fair and valid and many here seem to feel the same as he does.

To be clear: I really like and respect women. In the past, I regarded them much more highly than my own sex. Only in time have I come to see them as, well, almost generally as faulty as men. I have had a lot of women friends over the years and a small number of girlfriends (I am a romantic.) Many women are attracted to me but I am very picky about who I go out with. I have many of the qualities that women like, including confidence and good looks, however I am often shy socially and this often causes people to underestimate me (although, strangely, it doesn't stop women from taking an interest in me.) The only time that my social awkwardness prevented romantic relations with the fairer sex was in high school, when bullies would run me down and then get the girl/s. These days however, I do stand up for myself (or others) and I take very little crap from people.

I do feel a strong understanding for shy guys though, having been one and still being one to an extent. I have seen (and in school was one of these) shy young men who are kind, warm, caring, understanding, sensitive and even artistic and/or handsome who were completely overlooked because the guys resented them for these qualities so much and wanted to wipe them out from the competition that they would gang up on them in a variety of ways. Girls, including very decent ones, would actually date the same jerks who ran the nice guy/s down (the same guys who would refer to girls as things that I would not even be permitted to repeat here (they were sexist pigs.) I guess they got what they deserved, but I hated seeing girls dating these bullies/pigs, hated seeing them hurt by them and I hated seeing nice guys (like myself in those days) stuck to the sidelines.

The fault doesn’t all come down to girls/women for making the wrong choice in these situations, as obviously guys can be just as manipulative as women (believe it or not) and a lot of factors can go into this. It is ridiculous and unfair because so many of these shy, somewhat effeminate guys are the biggest romantics you’ll ever meet and, after gaining confidence (which often comes, as in my case, from a woman who appreciates you for who you are,) they become the true romantic (passionate and loyal) partners that women are always claiming to dream about.

Note: That’s not to say that all shy guys are nice, nor is to say that romantics like me don’t have our own shortcomings too (everyone does.) It’s just to say that nice guys usually have to wait for women to mature until they can be better appreciated. This has been my experience.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This just in... TODAY!

"http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/2013/06/05/08/20/co-host-involved-in-royal-phone-prank-wins-dj-of-the-year"

Lead innocent girl to her death... "MAN" OF THE YEAR.

(Seeing as i've seen a lot of people on here who can't seem to tell sarcasm - that was a sarcastic post)
edit on 5-6-2013 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Here's a relevant article.

And yes, of course the research supports my perspective.

nymag.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Well I really shouldn't post because I am divorced. That makes me unqualified to voice an opinion. But I will any how. If your a male I would think you want someone nice and attractive. If your a female, I would think the same. There are many nice individual out there its just a matter of finding your right match. Easier said then done. From what you posted you may be right, I would suggest trying to date individulas who share your intersts. When it comes to advise about dating, use your own instincts and don't rely on friends or outside information. Remember everyone has their own bias. And some of your friends might want to see you fail. It's a weird thing about reality. Figure this, you wnat to mary someone, so do the females. That is not a light hearted endevor. Should be for life, but now a days things are much different. Guess you just have to be resiliant! Best reguards and best wishes.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Women don't like quiet males. (They prefer alpha males who are all bullies),

Just the opposite for me. I don't want a bully-man.
My husband and I run the house together as a team.
If he tried to bully me ... I'd smack the hell out of him.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Women don't like quiet males. (They prefer alpha males who are all bullies),

Just the opposite for me. I don't want a bully-man.
My husband and I run the house together as a team.
If he tried to bully me ... I'd smack the hell out of him.

Ever heard of rule of the thumb?
(should have been rule of the wrist)

Edit-(for regulation that is)

edit on 10-6-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have repeatedly seen this thread on numerous forums ,posted by some guy who cannot find a girlfriend ,so he makes some misogynistic post ,lumping all women into one group ,claiming we all want alpha guys who cheat on us and beat us .

I *hate* bullies ,and I've been know to kick the ever loving crap out of any guy who dared to lay a finger on me .
I hate to tell you ,all those guys pretending to be sensitive ,caring guys,do all the exact same crap alleged alphas do .
They cheat ,lie ,and dump girls in a heartbeat ,if something with a bigger cup size and fewer IQ points comes along .
They all want some vapid stripper,who they have spent 1000s on in lap dances ,but since they can't get her permanently ,they piss and moan when the local girl cannot be bothered with them .Probably because she's seen him skulking around outside the strip joint *rolls eyes* .

So whining its all the women's fault,and we all want evil alphas is rather a joke .
You would sell your own grandmothers ,to be an alpha yourselves .

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
I have repeatedly seen this thread on numerous forums ,posted by some guy who cannot find a girlfriend ,so he makes some misogynistic post ,lumping all women into one group ,claiming we all want alpha guys who cheat on us and beat us .

I *hate* bullies ,and I've been know to kick the ever loving crap out of any guy who dared to lay a finger on me .
I hate to tell you ,all those guys pretending to be sensitive ,caring guys,do all the exact same crap alleged alphas do .
They cheat ,lie ,and dump girls in a heartbeat ,if something with a bigger cup size and fewer IQ points comes along .
They all want some vapid stripper,who they have spent 1000s on in lap dances ,but since they can't get her permanently ,they piss and moan when the local girl cannot be bothered with them .Probably because she's seen him skulking around outside the strip joint *rolls eyes* .

So whining its all the women's fault,and we all want evil alphas is rather a joke .
You would sell your own grandmothers ,to be an alpha yourselves .

Misogyny to lump all women into one group, what is it called when a woman does the same thing to all men? Glaring hypocracy perhaps

Kind regards

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

What's good for the goose buddy boy . What's good for the goose .

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

Personally speaking, I am male, and I havent even thought about another woman, when I have been in a relationship. When I am in a relationship with a woman, its pretty much as if other females only exist as blokes with different bits, the only one I have any reaction to is the one Im with. You would have thought that would make for a happy relationship .However life is a massive (word I may not say), and so I have been cheated on repeatedly, been very close to allowing myself to be put in psychiatric care over certain elements of the mistreatment I have had at the hands of significant others that I should have been able to trust, but tried to destroy me anyway...

There are scumbags around. A persons capacity to be a scumbag has nothing to do with which biological equipment resides within thier underwear.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I know there are good guys out there. They are few and far between in my experience.
Thing is,I dated lots of bad boys . Musicians mostly . I was told ,you need to find a nice guy ! Date a normal nice guy !

So I did that ,and they were the worst experiences of my life . I would take an alcoholic rockstar with groupies ,over the ,"I'm such a nice guy,give me a chance" ,guy ,ever again .
I know what to actually expect ,and they're more honest than the nice guy ,with something to hide .

One of these guys ,I even threw away every picture I had of him . Never wanted to look at his face again .
Worked in my field . What a CREEP .
He found me kn facebook last year,said he wanted to be pals. He was sorry .Married now...
No way

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Hmm... not a nice guy by the sounds of it then?

Nice is about more than what a person appears to be, or even what they say they are. Nice is about what a person does, how it effects you, and wether or not they have bothered to consider either of these things.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Hmm... not a nice guy by the sounds of it then?

Nice is about more than what a person appears to be, or even what they say they are. Nice is about what a person does, how it effects you, and wether or not they have bothered to consider either of these things.

My mother ,as I was growing up ,said this and that,and I ignored it . As I got older ,I realized how wise she really was.
She always said ,"watch what a man does,not what he says ,as talk is cheap ,and actions speak louder than words. "
And she was right .

My observation was,these guys who insist they are these nice sensitive guys ,are not . A good man,is usually humble about it .

edit on 6/11/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
All in all, the problem, with some relationships, and indeed, this thread, is that they start from a false, fear based premise and get worse from there. It is no more helpful to assume that you are going to get turned over, or hurt badly, than it is to never entertain the idea.

The whole point of being prepared to have any kind of relationship with an individual, is that in order for it to work, there has to be trust, and for that to be worth doing, there has to be honesty. All things fall apart without these two fundamentals. If you cannot be honest, then you cannot trust, therefore its all going to go to hell in a handbasket. Cause and effect.

I look at it this way... it has all the thrills of Russian roulette, but its much less humane. At least with six chambers there is a chance of some pain relief!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
No, that is not true, however it does seem more true, when they're younger and immature. I've never been sure if its nature, programming to try and have at least one child with a alpha male for survival of the child, or if its programming in media, and the dark side and our society. So for a temporary time, basically teens to say 26-28, women are stupid overall, in that they can often pass buy sweet, beautiful shy men who are gifted and talented and meant to be their best friends. Some go for their best friends right from the beginning and parents should try to teach kids to do that anyway.

That doesnt last for long. By their late 20's they're looking for their best friend and in that time period, the beautiful (not just outer), sweet shy gifted guys would be the most sought after.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join