It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women don't like quiet males. (They prefer alpha males who are all bullies)

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
They certainly scream that don't they? Then cry and bi**h when they realize it was the wrong one.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyofGlass

You keep arguing for the sake of arguing.

I make no secret of that, I love to argue. There's no shame in loving something you are very good at.

Nothing in my post was an assumption or a generalization, it was an example of a differing viewpoint.

Really? You don't see the following statement as such?

Sex to you is more enjoyable with someone you respect and admire(love) as opposed to just a short spurt of sexual enjoyment(multiple partners, one night stands).

Those are your exact words.
It assumes that having multiple partners or even one nighters(which BTW are not the only other options besides latching onto someone for life) are somehow less respectful, and that you can't admire the other person. That's the way I see it anyways.

I have had many partners throughout my life of different sexes and backgrounds. I am currently in a monogamous relationship and I prefer that type of sexual relationship. I like having my best friend as my sexual partner. I like spending and sharing our life together. That's me, how you are or what you enjoy is your thing. I don't know what your sexual or emotional life is like, and frankly I do not care. My point is that for many people having multiple sexual relationships all the time is pointless from a sexual and emotional level.

Good for you, but beyond the sexual constrictions of people supposedly in love, is often a disconnect from other relationships as well. The significant other demands and requires much more time than every other person within an individuals life(children would be the exception). This is an investment indeed, I'll acknowledge that it can work, but is generally a poor investment taken by far, far too many people, and it's often perverted into something that seems to run on irrational levels of emotion, or becomes an anchor for people who are desperate, insecure, and fearful. No thanks. I don't consider myself disrespectful, and in fact it's quite the opposite, I love women a lot
There's no way I can think of that I'd ever want only one in my life.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

The paragraph started as "Arguably genitalia isn't that far different from partner to partner, so for many people having multiple partners all the time is useless." everything after that was backing up the point made in the first sentence. When you design a paragraph you have a point that is backed up by the meat of said paragraph. The statements of "you" were just more examples backing up the original idea (point) presented in the first sentence.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

How so?

How isn't it? Seriously, that's a better question. Obligation is stifling. Why would I eat Lasagna every night forever? Sounds a lot like prison.

Ahh, I get it now. You're the only one qualified to determine the truth in other people's experiences.

Jeez I'm not god. I'm not the only one qualified, but it would appear that I'm the only one qualified within this thread. Yes. You're finally catching on, trust me, and become more objective, you'll see wisdom in my words.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyofGlass

yeah, whatevs. You assume that respect=monogamy, and anything else is somehow disrespectful. It's entirely short sighted and you should really stop thinking that way, it kind of hurts my feelings.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

You should read all the posts again, I stated it is different for everyone. What type of sexual and emotional relationships you have is your business. I was presenting a viewpoint that is different from yours.

Arguing about a point that was never made is like arguing with an imaginary friend and pretending he stole your sandwich when it was you who ate it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by smyleegrl

How so?

How isn't it? Seriously, that's a better question. Obligation is stifling. Why would I eat Lasagna every night forever? Sounds a lot like prison.

Ahh, I get it now. You're the only one qualified to determine the truth in other people's experiences.

Jeez I'm not god. I'm not the only one qualified, but it would appear that I'm the only one qualified within this thread. Yes. You're finally catching on, trust me, and become more objective, you'll see wisdom in my words.

This where we'll just have to agree to disagree. I mean no disrespect to how you want to live your life. If it makes you happy, so be it and good for you.

At the same time, I'm very happy in my life. I submit that it's completely unrealistic to imagine you know what's best for everyone, and for you to belittle their happiness and say its impossible.

Anyway, enjoy your life to the fullest. In whatever fashion you deem best.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyofGlass

Arguing about a point that was never made is like arguing with an imaginary friend and pretending he stole your sandwich when it was you who ate it.

Are you sure about that? It doesn't matter by who the point was ever made. Points are points and points were made. We love to argue..

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by Jepic

You are confusing being extroverted with confidence. The two are not mutually exclusive as has been said in this thread time and time again. It isn't I or anyone else that is wrong here it is you. At some point your married friends were confident enough in themselves to talk to another human being and engage in social behavior. Just like my own shy introverted husband did. Being quiet and reserved have zero impact on your level of confidence.

I'm not confusing anything. Introverts are shy and extroverts are confident. Believe it or not, introverts even though shy are perfectly capable of starting and maintaining a conversation. You don't need to be an alpha male or a confident person for that matter to talk to other people.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

yeah right, exactly what I'd expect a married person to say in a public forum. Everyone knows married people are miserable, this is no secret, stop playing games. Grow up.

You might or might not be a troll but this post is the definition of trolling.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

That's stereotyping and prejudice as a last resort, not trolling.

Oh how this thread has divulged into nonsense.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

...if you weren't so monogamous you'd possibly learn to see how amazing so many people are. And you might stop assuming things like just because relationships are short that they are somehow disrespectful?

Around here, they call that "lack of staying power" if they're being polite. They call it "flighty" if they're being less polite... Why bother even looking at someone if they might just go POOF on a whim?

I reckon "disrespectful" must be in the eye of the beholder, but back when I was a skirt-hunter, regarding the females (can't really call 'em "women") who are disposed to boot-n-scoot, well, I just didn't haven't no more time to raise no more little girls. If all they're after is getting pollinated, they could move on, pass me right by. I'm given to understand there is a male equivalent to that sort of serial hit-n-git artist, and I'd expect an honest woman would just tell them to keep on scooting, too.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I made out with a very cute girl last night. She has a BF. Sure ain't the first time I've been in that situation. Judge she and I all you want, but I'm trying to teach you the truth here. Societies ideas of love and relationships are sick. They drive people to lie and do hurtful things. Think about it, by not making our relationship "serious" this young lady and I can be completely open and honest about ourselves with ourselves. Who wouldn't want that?

Should I be worried about a girl who has a BF, and is there a moral issue there? Who cares. I'm a human my motivation is new experiences everything else falls away, and just because someone has done something silly like believe in the idea of a significant other, that's not my problem. Why should I cut myself off from amazing experiences simply because someone else made a bad investment.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I made out with a very cute girl last night. She has a BF. Sure ain't the first time I've been in that situation. Judge she and I all you want, but I'm trying to teach you the truth here. Societies ideas of love and relationships are sick. They drive people to lie and do hurtful things. Think about it, by not making our relationship "serious" this young lady and I can be completely open and honest about ourselves with ourselves. Who wouldn't want that?

Should I be worried about a girl who has a BF, and is there a moral issue there? Who cares. I'm a human my motivation is new experiences everything else falls away, and just because someone has done something silly like believe in the idea of a significant other, that's not my problem. Why should I cut myself off from amazing experiences simply because someone else made a bad investment.

Put your "love" of arguing aside for one second, take a deep breath, and go back and read what you just wrote. Your whole mentality and approach to society is what is wrong with society.

Is there a moral issue with making out with another girls guy ? Well that depends on how low one's moral's are, and also depends if the BF knew and agreed to it happening. If its agreed by all parties, then no moral problem at all. If its going behind someone's back, then again it comes down to how low your moral's are. People who act in this way, more often than not have the "me,me,me" mentality and personality. Its all about them and what they want and can get. They are usually very good at telling their target exactly what they want to hear so "me,me,me" can get what they want. And THAT, is what is sick about society, and those that willingly contribute to it are spreading the sickness.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieDingus

Put your "love" of arguing aside for one second, take a deep breath, and go back and read what you just wrote. Your whole mentality and approach to society is what is wrong with society.

Is there a moral issue with making out with another girls guy ? Well that depends on how low one's moral's are, and also depends if the BF knew and agreed to it happening. If its agreed by all parties, then no moral problem at all. If its going behind someone's back, then again it comes down to how low your moral's are. People who act in this way, more often than not have the "me,me,me" mentality and personality. Its all about them and what they want and can get. They are usually very good at telling their target exactly what they want to hear so "me,me,me" can get what they want. And THAT, is what is sick about society, and those that willingly contribute to it are spreading the sickness.

*claps* ...

To be honest I think the guy is just looking to push buttons, and as he admits, he loves an argument. I'm just shocked at the fact that he thinks he's good at it, where in truth he is just babbling on with a 'me,me,me' attitude and actually sounds like a teenage boy. Quite sad really!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

Everyone in society has a me me me attitude, I just win more. If you think you don't it's just one more thing that you're lying to yourself about. I'm the honest one here, don't forget that....apparently no one else is.

It's not my concern whether she has a BF, I mean with all the stuff I've seen and heard who can take "relationships" seriously? It's a bad investment, with no real pay off. You'll eventually be burned by making fear based decisions and/or letting your emotions run wild.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

What's your definition of winning ?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

reply to post by valiant

Everyone in society has a me me me attitude, I just win more. If you think you don't it's just one more thing that you're lying to yourself about. I'm the honest one here, don't forget that....apparently no one else is.

It's not my concern whether she has a BF, I mean with all the stuff I've seen and heard who can take "relationships" seriously? It's a bad investment, with no real pay off. You'll eventually be burned by making fear based decisions and/or letting your emotions run wild.

I am talking about the way you have portrayed yourself in this thread. You disregard everything everyone else is saying as rubbish, while egotistically stating how 'spot on' you are, and everybody should be like you so the world would be a better place.

Seriously, you sound pathetic in half the replies you have made here, and in all honesty I think you are playing up to the crowd in this thread, probably because you're bored and have nothing better to do? so much for all the chicks you want to share amazing experiences with right?

I'd love to see how your attitude is when your hitting 60 and your home is filled with the lovely sound of a ticking clock, constantly reminding you that for all those ladies you had amazing encounters with, in the end, they meant nothing and actually weren't so amazing, whilst you tuck yourself in at night.

I'm not gonna reply again, because I don't want to feed you! but anyway, have a wonderful life.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

Winning is more important than to participate!

*claps*

Is the following a good example of an alpha male?

edit on 23-5-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Now that this thread it's almost at it's end,I mean it has consumed it's momemtum energy ,I ask my self why this etiquete of alpha,beta ...so on forced characteristic for human beings.

Because.

In social animals, the alpha is the individual in the community with the highest rank. Male or female individuals or both can be alphas, depending on their species. Where one male and one female fulfill this role, they are referred to as the alpha pair. Other animals in the same social group may exhibit deference or other symbolic signs of respect particular to their species towards the alpha or alphas.
In hierarchal social animals, alphas usually gain preferential access to food and other desirable items or activities, though the extent of this social effect varies widely by species. Male and/or female alphas may gain preferential access to sex or mates, and in some species only alphas or an alpha pair is permitted to reproduce.
Alphas may achieve their status by means of superior physical prowess and/or through social efforts and building alliances within the group.[1]
The position of alpha also changes in some species, usually through a physical fight between a dominate and subordinate animal. Such fights may or may not be to the death, with relevant behavior varying between circumstance and species.

Social animals in a hierarchic community are assigned ranks for the purpose of scientific study. Six of these ranks have attracted special attention in ethology and been given applicable names: alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, and omega.[citation needed][original research?]
Beta animals often act as second-in-command to the reigning alpha or alphas and will act as new alpha animals if an alpha dies or is otherwise no longer considered an alpha.[original research?] In some species of birds, males pair up in twos when courting, the beta male aiding the alpha male. The beta male is not generally allowed to mate with the female birds, but if the old alpha is removed or dies, he takes over the alpha's females, becoming the new alpha.[citation needed] It has been found that the social context of the animals has a significant impact on courtship behaviour and the overall reproductive success of that animal.[2]
Omega (usually rendered ω) is an antonym used to refer to the lowest caste of the hierarchical society. Omega animals are subordinate to all others in the community, and are expected by others in the group to remain submissive to everyone. Omega animals may also be used as communal scapegoats or outlets for frustration, or given the lowest priority when distributing food.
en.wikipedia.org...(ethology)

Maybe because of food frustration or it's just the ethology?

But maybe this way we tend agree with Darwin and his theory.

Or maybe because of the resemblance in dominant characters which does not exist because we have reason,...I guess.

I will try to open a thread in this way...

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join