It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Attitude.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Tyranny? Oppression? Theocracy?

Maybe some of you people should have lived in Iraq while Saddam was still in power. Seriously, you have to at least understand your viewpoints are a bit extreme to say the least. Generalizing the south (Im from Wisconsin btw) as KKK loving racist rednecks is pretty ignorant too. I'm sure there are some wacked out southerners but there are also wacked out northerners.

America is going to be alright, we've pulled through tough times before.

Bush won, get over it, you can vote again in four years. Yes, we'll still be here in four years.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Generalizing the south (Im from Wisconsin btw) as KKK loving racist rednecks is pretty ignorant too. I'm sure there are some wacked out southerners but there are also wacked out northerners.

Have you ever lived in the south? If not, then you have no idea what I'm talking about. It's one of those things you have to experience to believe. The south is truly anti-progressive. The majority are people fighting very hard to keep everything the way it's always been. That's not always a bad thing, but in the south it's mainly fighting for the preservation of political corruption, oppression, racism, etc. You have to remember, the wealthy still own the south, just as they always have. It's more of a royalty system down there. The "good ole boy" network is still in use. It's all about who you know and how much money you have.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by Damned]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think thats the same everywhere, not just the south.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You have to remember, the wealthy still own the south, just as they always have. It's more of a royalty system down there. The "good ole boy" network is still in use. It's all about who you know and how much money you have.

Hmmm, I live in the South and alot of those "wealthy good old boys that control everything and have money migrated here from other parts of the country in the last 15 years or so.
They used to be known as "carpetbaggers".

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It's a bit different in the south, though. There's something very different about the way they do things. It's tough to explain. There's alot of "old money", which amounts to royalty, basically. If your family owned a plantation or something, there's a good chance you were born wealthy, and have the right connections.
Yes, you're right elaine. In the last 15 yrs alot of outsiders have moved in to take advantage of the lower costs and the "good ole boy" network. Corporations have realized that the south is still cheaper, which gives them an edge. But, if they don't grease the right palms, they don't get in, period.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Other countries sometimes dislike America because of the hysterical pride, misplaced arrogance and plain ignorance.
Having a gun is one thing, being proud about needing a gun is just ignorant. Americas democracy is superfacial and shallow, and in the end America is ran by companies.

Bush didn't do the general opinion about America any good.
The "you don't understand us and never will" and "I don't care what you think" attitude in America regarding opinions of outsiders on America doesn't do it any good either.
Perma-moody New Yorkers doesn't do it any good either.
Racism in the south doesn't do it any good either.
Ah well I could go on, but I'll stop.

This is b t w not my own opinion about America, but this is what I hear and see around me, that people have against America and its proud citizens.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
Other countries sometimes dislike America because of the hysterical pride, misplaced arrogance and plain ignorance.
Having a gun is one thing, being proud about needing a gun is just ignorant. Americas democracy is superfacial and shallow, and in the end America is ran by companies.

Bush didn't do the general opinion about America any good.
The "you don't understand us and never will" and "I don't care what you think" attitude in America regarding opinions of outsiders on America doesn't do it any good either.
Perma-moody New Yorkers doesn't do it any good either.
Racism in the south doesn't do it any good either.
Ah well I could go on, but I'll stop.

That's a damn good description. "Hysterical pride" is an excellent description of this newly defined "patriotism". Wrap it all up and you have America! And fu*k you if you don't like it!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hey, you wouldn't understand what its like to be an American. So.... basically, I don't care what you think of America

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Hey, you wouldn't understand what its like to be an American. So.... basically, I don't care what you think of America

If that is the American attitude, then the American attitude sucks.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damned

Barely.
Texas is one of those states we could very well do without, IMO. I've never met a Texan I liked. They all have attitudes like this cowboy wanna be.

Last time I checked the libertarian presidential candidate michael badnairk was from texas, and he was anything but a cowboy wannabe....
btw, generalizing is not cool.

And some people are right on here about the American attitude, but it's not "the" American attitude, and you too are generalizing, this thread is full of em.

the american attitude you speak of is supposed to superceed all other american attitudes?

Or do you just want to concentrate on the one, of which YOU pointed out.
There are many, I don't understand how people can actually believe there is just one type of attitude and run with it...

That's like you wearing hanes underwear and talking about it like thats "the underwear" and not recognizing there are other brands out there... But because you know more about hanes your just talking about that brand and forgetting the other choices out there.

The world isn't just black and white, evolve already.

THERE'S MANY BRANDS OF UNDERWEAR! And then you have people who just go commando... The world is a rainbow.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
If that is the American attitude, then the American attitude sucks.

Alas, not everyone is capable of inhabiting the high moral plane that you occupy, for which we must be eternally condemned, it seems.

I'm sure if everyone had the same attitude you show in these forums, the world would be a better place.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Last time I checked the libertarian presidential candidate michael badnairk was from texas, and he was anything but a cowboy wannabe....
btw, generalizing is not cool.

You're right. I shouldn't have used the word "all." I apologize. It's tough not to generalize sometimes, since the overwhelming majority dominates.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Damned]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Barely.
Texas is one of those states we could very well do without, IMO. I've never met a Texan I liked. They all have attitudes like this cowboy wanna be.

Last time I checked, Texas was part of the US. It's amazing that you even hate people that you have never met. I wondering- just how many Texans have you met? I'm one and I know for sure that I haven't met you.

Again, you just prove how close minded you are- by dumping on a lot of good, honest people just because you didn't get your way at the polls. You are so blinded by your hate of Bush that you have to transfer your hate to people you have never met.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Just a thought:

Have all americans writing the threads in the style of 'everyone hates us', 'why world hates us ? ', 'why europeans hate us ?' considered that someone who didn't even know he's supposed to hate US might get it all wrong ? Someone might think: "I really hasn't anything against US, but if everyone else hates US, then perhaps I should ?"

And someone might doubt his own position, but when he sees all the american threads 'confirming' that all the world hates US and pondering why, he might think: "Wow, I was right, everybody else hates america too! So I can bash US even more and perhaps become a terrorist".

I'm not criticizing anyone, just suggesting that in the future people would ask "In the hypothetical and imaginary situation that world would hate US..." instead of autoassuming world hates US (it doesn't) and just going straight to the why part.

Remember: Lie told long enough becomes the 'truth'

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by knights5629

Barely.

Last time I checked, Texas was part of the US. It's amazing that you even hate people that you have never met. I wondering- just how many Texans have you met? I'm one and I know for sure that I haven't met you.

Again, you just prove how close minded you are- by dumping on a lot of good, honest people just because you didn't get your way at the polls. You are so blinded by your hate of Bush that you have to transfer your hate to people you have never met.

Let's see. I said, "I've never met a Texan I liked." Where do you see me saying I hate all Texans in that statement? Furthermore, where do you see me saying I hate people I've never met? However, if you're one of the 61% of idiots (in Texas) that voted for Bush, I don't like you. And, even if you didn't vote for him, there's a good chance I don't like you anyway. That doesn't mean I hate you. That's a pretty strong word. I won't say that I hate anyone I don't know. I don't believe I ever have said that. Jesus, you Texans get all bent out of shape when people talk about your state, don't you? No offense, but I've just noticed that most Texans do have that attitude that is everything I believe to be wrong with America. And yes, I have every right to blame some of it on the 61% of Texans. Don't take it personal. I feel this way about most of the southern states.

BTW, I already admitted I shouldn't have used the word "all" in the statement above. I should've said the majority.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Damned]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't seem to remember- are we in kindergarten again? What's with the name calling? Nothing more intelligent to say then to call me an idiot.

You're right. You never said the word "hate". I apologize. Didn't mean to words in your mouth.

It does seem to me that you just got "bent out of place" with my post. Why should it matter to you? Most Texans love their state. What's wrong with having a little state pride? Don't you cheer for the college or university that you attended? Don't you get "bent out of shape" when something that you take pride in get badmouthed?

BTW, I don't know what you believe, nor do you know what I believe. Yet, you were quick to call me idiot for voting my preference. Should I then call you a name for not voting for my preference? Or should I let you vote the way you want to vote? BTW, don't you believe that what I believe is what is wrong for America? Remember, you called me an Idiot.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by knights5629]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hey Damned, I can and will say: I hate all left wing nutjobs who never know when to shut their mouths and quit whining. Then again, I hate a lot of things but as liberals like ot point out, I have that right don't I?

No offense, unless you are a leftwing nutjob...then

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Everyone who disagrees secretly thinks the opposing party are idiots. That's no big secret. I'm not a left wing nut job, so I take no offense. I don't see people as "left" or "right." I see them as either cognizant or ignorant.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Everyone who disagrees secretly thinks the opposing party are idiots. That's no big secret. I'm not a left wing nut job, so I take no offense. I don't see people as "left" or "right." I see them as either cognizant or ignorant.

Well I can't argue with that logic.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by USArmyEngineer

Well I can't argue with that logic.

I Have a question!!!!!!!!!

Conservatist people in america, How is their life
THey are against gay, against sex, they go to church everysunday to confess their sins, they like guns, they like war, they do everthing the president says, they agree with everything the president says like it

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join