It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Attitude.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
You know what I hate about the American Attitude?

How when speaking of countries whom harbour terrorists, Americans retreat to the illogical idea that "they hate our freedom."

Snap out of it America, the don't hate our freedom. They hate us.
We, the people. we, the ignorant, the arrogant, the tyrannical and greedy.

They retain their culture and understand our own at the same time. We, however, can barely speak english, and the only other language we are fluent is happend to be what I call "Starbucks lingo." The closest we will become to being bilingual is our uncanny ability to order 3 lattes, 4 mochas, 2 frappuchinos (with whip) and a creme (add the "e" on the end to seem more 'cultural') without taking a breath. God bless America!

Do you ever see a Mexican chain restaurant in the good old US of A? I bet not, but ther are Pizza Huts in Peru. McDonalds owns Bangladesh, and Chinese Coca-Cola workers make as much in 1 month as the American cost of 10 cokes. I'd hate America too.

I've never heard of a radical, a revolutionary, a freedom fighter say, "Those damn Americans, I hate their freedom. let's fight for...oppression!" No one on this planet fights to be oppressed, except for us, and what revolution would ever be based on the concept of control? LIBERATION! FREEDOM! LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS! THAT'S what they're fighting for, my dear American fellows, not to take a bottle of white out the the Constitution.

Naivety stems from innocence, while ignorance stems from intolerance. In my nation, naivety is slaughtered, but has been conveniently been replaced with a time bomb called ignoarnce wrapped in bloody shards of arrogance.

Wake up America, no one hates our freedom.

They hate us, for we are the ignorant, we are the oppressors, we are the terrorists. I wa having a discussion the other day with someone, and they outlined the life of a terrorist for me. She said, "They come from a tyrannical governemnt whose media brainwashes them from a young age to think that another country is evil, and all of their people are evil." I turned to her in disgust and said, "Who were you describing, because to me, it sounded like America."

We own the planet and we admonish our neighbors for not giving some of their wealth to the poor. We invade a country and use its profits not to better them, but instead to fill the pockets of a select few CEO's, cashing in on the work of children, yet we wonder how anyone could feel badly toward us. We rally together to destory another country, and tear each other apart when we try to be equal or just to our own.

Disturbing? Maybe, but its the American way.

America- screw your attitude, pick up a book, and learn something. Maybe that will knock some sense into us.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Your idea of "strength" is what the rest of the world consider WEAKNESS.

What we should be doing is what we ARE doing. Finding out who are real friends are and whos not.

Personally, I hope we develope relations with Russia over every nation you mentioned. Russia holds more respect with me then every country you mentioned combined.

Stop thinking that the UN is the answere - IT ISN'T. The sooner we get away from the UN the better.
What you should be doing is stop acting like the world is your playground and you are the policemen in charge. That way there wouldn�t even be so much need to find out who your friends are. And by invading countries for your own good and let people in other countries die because their country ain�t that rich or do not have the resources you are looking for you create ennemies and people who do not like you, hard to understand isn�t it.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
Barely. Texas is one of those states we could very well do without, IMO. I've never met a Texan I liked. They all have attitudes like this cowboy wanna be.

I grew up next door to Texas. I graduated from high school in Texas. I still live next door to Texas, albeit, 700 miles on the other side. You would be very fortunate, indeed, if at some point in your lifetime, you could be as significant as a pimple on a Texan's behind.

[edit on 04/11/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Ok, it's obvious that you don't know what a redneck is.

Oh, the irony. If only you knew.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
You know what I hate about the American Attitude?

How when speaking of countries whom harbour terrorists, Americans retreat to the illogical idea that "they hate our freedom."

Snap out of it America, the don't hate our freedom. They hate us.
We, the people. we, the ignorant, the arrogant, the tyrannical and greedy.

I have one comment and one (two) question(s) for you, scat (is that for scatology?).

Comment: Move!

Question: How did all these ignorant Americans come to have the most powerful and wealthiest nation in the world?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi_Master
These Scottish Presbyterians migrated from their lowland Scottish home to Ulster (the northern province of Ireland) during the 17th Century and soon settled in considerable numbers in North America across the 18th Century. In America these settlers are known as Scotch-Irish and since many (especially in what would become the South) were Presbyterian, the term was bestowed to them and their descendants. Essentially, a redneck is a Scottish Presbyterian.

These are my ancestors. Andrew Jackson was Scotch-Irish. We might have curious ways and customs, but we are not to be trifled with.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Howdy Grady...

Yep...mine too...

Sometimes it shows up in my temper

And again I'm proud to be a "Redneck"...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi_Master
And again I'm proud to be a "Redneck"...

Me, too. Call me what you like. Just say it with a smile.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syntaxer
We should be taking calls from strong UN countries such as Germany, Spain, Canada, Sweden, Portugal and perhaps France should leave a message

Germany did, French did, China did, Italy praised friendship...
the swedes did think all hope is now lost

Originally posted by Justmytype
I do believe that all "Americans would unite to protect our sacred ground regardless of race, religion, sexual prefrence etc.. and that attitude is what makes us diffrent from the rest of the world.

Not true, that attitude exists all around the world. For example when Soviet Union attacked Finland 1939, all despite their background or political opinion took a stand against them. Your belief that you're something special because of uniting against danger may just be the insulting element you so hard try to analyze.

Originally posted by American Mad Man
And France - ohhhhh yes, those beacons of stregth

If you're referring to their surrender to germans in WW2, it wasn't because they were weak but because Germany was enormously strong. The french were simply facing utter annihilation without no chance to win, even the freking Soviet Union was almost ran over by the Germans! Hundreds of thousands of elite american soldiers died against Germany you even got half of your damn space and missile programs from the Germans. They weren't just a piece of cake for french to push back no matter how hard you try to convince yourself.

Originally posted by American Mad Man
What we should be doing is what we ARE doing. Finding out who are real friends are and whos not.

Real friends are those who dare to voice their opinion when they think you may be making the wrong choice. Your real friends have done everything in their capability to help you catch Osama, some of them just disagree about Iraq being the happy happy candyland for all the world's terrorists and wmd's.

Originally posted by Gradyphilpott
Question: How did all these ignorant Americans come to have the most powerful and wealthiest nation in the world?

I don't think americans in general are ignorant. But lots of the power and wealth didn't come because Americans were just smart. They just had so much the 'right stuff': land from the indians, slaves from africa to care the fields etc. US hasn't been a saint when creating it's wealth, ever asked yourself why there's a royal palace in Hawaii for example ?

[edit on 7-11-2004 by vibetic]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
im sitting here trembling, holding up, waiting for a solution to unfold to me through the screen...

American naivety, i agree with scat its all around us. the conditioning has had such a profound effect thus far its like a world of zombies, truely frightening. mindless drones completely numbed to the sudden surge of anomosity, always chuggin along as if it will all be ok.

i just dont see the point...

all thats left is our books...and our ciggarettes...

[edit on 7-11-2004 by sturod84]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
peace a wonderful word.not a new word just something i think that needs more attention today.make peaceful actions.because your friends up here want what we worked hard for in the second world war peace........media blackouts of the terroist tapes and a sniper team will make this all go away and bring the boys home........

[edit on 7-11-2004 by flukemol]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
This is not so much a rant than what I have read and seen since the election. I believe all politics aside, Americans in a whole will always unite in a time of need. We all have an outstanding amount of giving that most of the world does not see as well as our right to defend. We are a mixture of races, religions, sexual genders that all have one unique trait. We will always stand up, work together and fight for this country we love.
9/11 proved something, the rest of the world was not prepared for. We all united to help and support one another when times were bad. Most were hoping that this would divide us Religiously, ethnically but it did not. The world saw a country of 1 "that is of one people" which made them hate us even more. Now the world see's us as a nation standing alone, attempting to solve the worlds issues without any support. Is this true or do they not understand thier people have spoken and have taken action while finding refuge within the United States, they have come here to be free and become citizens, with this in mind, remeber we are not alone, the world has spoken by the many of thousands who find safety and serenity within our country. We will never be alone as long as we keep faith in the "American attitude.......

YAWN!!!!

This ability to come together in times of trouble, this trait to overcome the odds set before us. Its a HUMAN triat. Not just American. Please get over yourselfs and wake the f**k up!!

Humans band together in times of need and forget our differences. To think its only America is stupid and blind.

You are not special, you are not the chosen people, you do not have a mission as gods angels.
You get feed pictures of Americans helping Americans but you don't see the people of the world band together when nature strikes. The communities banding to rebuild their homes. You don't see England band together as a country when its foot team reaches world cup finals, you don't see etc etc etc. It happens EVERYWHERE!!

Ahh I am wasting my breath.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by vibetic

Originally posted by Gradyphilpott

....America came to be the most powerful nation on earth the same way Hitler's Germany did - by being propped up and manipulated by a multinational corporate bloc that needed a 'national entity' to front its agenda.

...The Bank of International Settlements has an interesting history, AND list of principals. Check it out if you really want an answer to that question. You will see that the same bloc that put Hitler in power made Bush president.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The facts remain, allthough the republican's attempts at trying to get America to redeem itself morally (heavily infuenced by the neo-conservitive thinking of Leo Strauss in the 1940's), they use utter fabrications in creating a climate that will make their desired changes come to pass, and people believe them....i dont know what is worse, the "moral indecency" that exists in the western world today....or using flat out lies in attempts to control and change it.

Either way, the results can be seen in the attitudes of the American people today....is it working? Is it doing more harm than good?

PLEASE people, educate yourselves in the politcal and social thinkings of the neo-conservitive mindset (these guys are real ok, they are not trying to hide it, they believe liberalism plants the seeds of decay in society), these thinkers are the ones in power in your country today....wether you agree with them or not, you should be aware of the methods they use to influence.

Educate yourselves on the realities of the underlyings in your political climate and get an opinion on them...just stop the ignorance.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I grew up next door to Texas. I graduated from high school in Texas. I still live next door to Texas, albeit, 700 miles on the other side. You would be very fortunate, indeed, if at some point in your lifetime, you could be as significant as a pimple on a Texan's behind.

Hahahaha!!!! WTF is that supposed to mean? Are you insinuating that Texans hold more importance than the rest of Americans?
That's about the most ignorant thing I've ever seen anyone say.
Stay where you are, ok? You fit in there.

Since you can't figure out the obvious, I'll tell you. Americans have allowed big time corporate players to take over the government and the country. It has nothing to do with the American citizens, except for the fact that they allowed this to happen, through ignorance. When was the last time you were allowed to vote on foreign policy? When was the last time you voted for anything, except politicians? The fallacy that you have some power over your government is just that...a fallacy. Sorry, I know it's not what you want to believe.

Originally posted by reddog
The term "Redneck" you are using doesnt mean anybody of the white race actually. That term started back in the 1800-1900's refering to people of Mexican heritage.

Actually, the definition is very vague. It lacks a hell of alot, IMO. Reading that, you'd never even come close to understanding what a redneck is.

www.m-w.com...

[edit on 7-11-2004 by Damned]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

[What] is that supposed to mean? Are you insinuating that Texans hold more importance than the rest of Americans?That's about the most ignorant thing I've ever seen anyone say. Stay where you are, ok? You fit in there.

My statement was directed at the person who disparaged Texans as a class. Damned, I would be glad to put my native intelligence, education, credentials, and experience next to yours on any day of the week.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

My statement was directed at the person who disparaged Texans as a class. Damned, I would be glad to put my native intelligence, education, credentials, and experience next to yours on any day of the week.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Even intelligent people can lack common sense. No matter how smart you think you are, that was an ignorant thing to say. I guess you can't be intelligent all of the time, eh?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I guess you can't be intelligent all of the time, eh?

Thanks for the assessment. I'll consider the source.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
America came to be the most powerful nation on earth the same way Hitler's Germany did....

Any comparison of the US with Nazi Germany is so lacking in truth, accuracy, or historical perspective as to render the source of such a comparison eternally and completely without credibility.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Any comparison of the US with Nazi Germany is so lacking in truth, accuracy, or historical perspective as to render the source of such a comparison eternally and completely without credibility.

says who?

you? you are not an unbaised party so your opinion cannot be taken with out it being biased.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join