It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Mom Of 4 Sentenced To Prison For Refusing To Serve In Iraq

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

And where's your outrage at people getting called up over and over, regardless of whether they are

- injured
- disabled
- pregnant
- mentally unstable

Getting “called up”? What does that mean?? Nobody is forced to serve….we do so voluntarily.

As far as this idiot in the OP fleeing to Canada (how original), she should have gotten more than 10 months IMO. This is phony outrage by the author who is trying desperately to misrepresent the facts and drum up anti-war sentiments. Read this BS!!

Kimberly Rivera had the courage to refuse to shoot at children in Iraq; she had the courage to dissent, to resist. As a reward for this act of bravery, she will now sit in prison, away from her husband Mario, and their four young children: Christian, 11; Rebeca, eight; Katie, five, and Gabriel, two.
*OP’s source

…as if any member has order to kill children! As if it’s BRAVE to disobey orders and go AWOL or UA! What a complete load of bull spit!

As for all this name calling of military members and veterans…

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I agree completely with you, you summed it up better than I spent a few pages trying to do apparently.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Kimberly Rivera had the courage to refuse to shoot at children in Iraq; she had the courage to dissent, to resist. As a reward for this act of bravery, she will now sit in prison, away from her husband Mario, and their four young children: Christian, 11; Rebeca, eight; Katie, five, and Gabriel, two.
*OP’s source

Yeah.

As a reward for this act of bravery

Before or after she signed up, and took the money?

link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
reply to post by seabag

I agree completely with you, you summed it up better than I spent a few pages trying to do apparently.

You were holding it down, brother. Great posts!

I had to gather my thoughts because my first draft wasn't for public consumption.

link   
So this thread is just an outlet for those who hate the military? (and the US)

She signed up, now do the time. No one is ordering her to go over to the middle east to kill innocents, you do not have to follow unlawful orders.

I only wished Canada sent her back to the states sooner
edit on 12-5-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah.

As a reward for this act of bravery

Before or after she signed up, and took the money?

Exactly!

This stems from the ‘everybody gets a trophy’ crowd I think. Running away from responsibility used to make you a flipping coward (still does in my book). Maybe she’ll be awarded the new courageous restraint medal for her lack of service.

By the way, I’m not sure if anyone mentioned this but…being a female, she’s not infantry and wouldn’t be directly in combat scenarios anyway.

This is propaganda based on fallacy…nothing more. Look how the haters ate it up though.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

You were holding it down, brother. Great posts!

I had to gather my thoughts because my first draft wasn't for public consumption.

To think, I had not slept today lol... My wife is sick so I pulled all night duty with the kiddos lol.. Thanks, but you sum it up better.

So far the only thing I've seen is people hate the military, don't understand the military. and What ever jerkoff who wrote this article ignored but really happened. Made things up at the last minute to make this PFC, look like she was in the right. I don't know about you seabag, but I was never ordered to shoot children.

I've seen and heard about soldiers having to shoot children who where wired with explosives. Bastards did it knowing their kids would be shot just to screw up U.S and coalition forces.

Those are hard times, and that is a hard call to make.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well remember, Women serving in MP units are in combat all the time at least they where when I was over there. Also DOD is gearing up to implement women in combat roles now. Like I said earlier all this women did was make it harder for the women who want combat to be taken at face value.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Look how the haters ate it up though.

I can understand how some who were never in the Military, or those who dont know the rules and regulations, but.....

Theres been pages after pages of folks who know what they are talking about.

Like you said, its a hit piece, nothing more.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You know what I love about this site, the bias against the U.S Military, I'm not old enough to have served in Vietnam, yet If I created a blog post, or a pseudo news site, saying I died twice in combat over there, no matter how the information was presented.

You would have people that would skim through the information with out gleaming any important details, like the fact that I'm not old enough to have served in Vietnam, or the fact that I supposedly died twice. Yet they would run with it, and fight you tooth and nail, saying you are wrong, the truth doesn't matter.

Only the made up B.S that doesn't pertain to what really happened will be heard. lol..
edit on 12-5-2013 by Reaper2137 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Well remember, Women serving in MP units are in combat all the time at least they where when I was over there. Also DOD is gearing up to implement women in combat roles now. Like I said earlier all this women did was make it harder for the women who want combat to be taken at face value.

I didn't see the article mention her MOS...they said a little girl came to the base she was on.

She's not a gunslinger...she's just a scared little girl who didn't know what she signed up for. She could have gotten out of that deployment had she addressed her concerns through her COC. I don't blame her for wanting out...I wanted out after 8 years (nearly half way to retirement). But there is a right way and a wrong way. I fulfilled my obligation.

For anyone to act as though she had no other choice but flee is absurd!!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I thought that last year there was a resolution passed to allow women in combat on the "Front Lines". Is that Not true? It was on the news.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by seabag

I thought that last year there was a resolution passed to allow women in combat on the "Front Lines". Is that Not true? It was on the news.

I don't know. I got out in 04'. I'm sure I could google it if I gave a crap!

Based on the info provided in the article, I don't think this girl was in combat because I'm sure they would have mentioned it. Regardless, she broke the law and her oath. She had a better way out but didn't want to face it. It was easier to run away (to quit). It's ALWAYS easier to QUIT than it is to do the right thing or stick it out.

*edit to add* My take is she signed up for the benefits; to provide for her many kids. What other employer will provide free healthcare for all those crumb crunchers? She realized that she had to hold up her end of the bargain and didn't like it. This is a reflection of our society today.... A BUNCH OF TAKERS!

edit on 12-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Oh, I wasn't trying to side with her sea bag, I was saying she is a disgrace who is making it harder for women who want to be combat arms.

Yes women can soon serve in combat

the above about women is not directed to seabag but the fellow who asked about women in combat.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This lady had courage, you all should have said no.

You are the cowards for going there, you could have said no like her , I hope you are happy with your actions.

Shame...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

You are the cowards for going there, you could have said no like her , I hope you are happy with your actions.

Shame...

This lady had no courage, she already had a tour under her belt, she already went so your point is mute, she under your logic would also be a coward.

The only shame I feel is reading posts like yours, full of ignorance, you didn't read the article, you skimmed and drew your own conclusions, so yeah Shame on you.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

She had courage for enlisting. She had courage for deploying the first time. She showed no courage by violating her oath and fleeing this country.

If it were up to me I'd revoke her citizenship and send her back to Canada after she serves her time.

Shame...

I asked to go in 2003. I volunteered to go even though I only had a year left on my contract. I will never be ashamed of my service because it was honorable. You have this image of a gung-ho warmonger taking aim at children and that's what you project onto every veteran. I never met that guy!! I wouldn't care much for that guy either. The rest of us (99%) served honorably and believed in our mission.

Shame on you for painting with such a broad brush!

edit on 12-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I don't care that she went AWOL, I wish more soldiers would do this until this "voluntary" system soldier deployment would stop. At one time to start a war you didn't have enough people unless you did a draft. A draft required EVERYONE to pay attention to what was happening. I hope there's a draft that includes females as well, that would make people pay even MORE attention. I also find it amazing that this woman is being sent to prison yet Bush never got tried for war crimes even though him and that administration lied to the public. It's stories like these that make me shake my head.

over 120k people are now dead as a result of these wars. Contract or no contract, at some point the people need to take our souls back from the devil. I am an atheist, but you get the gist of what I'm saying.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It's no use talking to people like him seabag. I should have learned that earlier in this thread. lol..

People like him come into a thread like this with a heart on for the Military. This chick could repent tell the truth and contradict her story, more than she already has. Yet these people will still deny and trow up hate. They lack the courage to serve them self's.

So they seek to attack others verbally usually behind a computer, they wouldn't dare do it to some ones face that would require courage they lack. Yet, If TSHTF they would be the first to point saying where where you and why weren't you serving us better, faster.

Oh well, Its ok, Shame on us for having courage, Shame on us, for having pride in the people that put on that uniform. Shame on us for holding them to a higher standard, you would never live up to. Its cool because at the end of the day, We are still happy while you sit there hidden striking from the darkness. Sad because the powers that be, just suck.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyofGlass

So whats your point? Since she choose to put on our uniform, and choose to fallow our laws. Choose to deploy once, but when it came time to do it again, she was not pregnant at the time,broke our laws. She isn't the president, it was up to the people to have him tried. Yet they choose not to, not the Military's problem, we as a force didn't vote for him, we may have done it individually but not as a collective.

If Obama or Clinton had started the war, It would be them you are blaming. In the end its irrelevant, the war was meant to happen doesn't matter who was president. At this late stage in the war she joined knowing that going to war was a 90% shot, People who say otherwise are fooling them self's.

Her soul is just fine weather she went to jail or didn't, we don't sell our souls, we know what we do is right.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join