It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Mom Of 4 Sentenced To Prison For Refusing To Serve In Iraq

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

The people do not have the ability to try a president for war crimes. If you say "but the people have the ability to vote someone in", no they do not. No amount of common sense will ever change things, no amount of reading, no amount of paying attention. You're right if it was another president I would blame that president just the same, because they are all the same. That doesn't make them the heads of agencies and the federal reserve any less murderers and crooks.

In regard to soldiers not listening to orders, who cares? At what point are you satisfied with soldiers being paid 30k to die for a pointless cause(based on lies) and murder innocent people for the same amount of cash. In my opinion the moment the Army suspended the tuition payments they nullified the contract that their employees agreed to. I see no moral obligation for anyone to feel a moral obligation to an employer that doesn't even honor the benefits it agreed to pay upon signing up. More power to them.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyofGlass

I don't care that she went AWOL, I wish more soldiers would do this until this "voluntary" system soldier deployment would stop.
Every member is free to pull that stunt she pulled; happens all the time for various reasons. The number of losers like that are so insignificant it wouldn't change a thing. All people who chose to serve do so because they want to.

stop. At one time to start a war you didn't have enough people unless you did a draft. A draft required EVERYONE to pay attention to what was happening. I hope there's a draft that includes females as well, that would make people pay even MORE attention.

We don't need a draft and no military member I've ever discussed the matter with wants a draft. I don't want to have to worry about the commitment of the guy covering my 6.

over 120k people are now dead as a result of these wars. Contract or no contract, at some point the people need to take our souls back from the devil. I am an atheist, but you get the gist of what I'm saying.

You left out the part about the millions of people no longer suffering under a repressive murderous regime. You have to kill people and break things to get freedom...freedom has a price. Most of those dead you're worried about were bad guys who died supporting the very power that oppressed millions. I sleep just fine at night.

edit on 12-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

There is no need to go there, brother. Don't let the hate speech get to you.

I appreciate your service as do most Americans. Don't let anybody tell you different...especially ATS members who aren't even American.

edit on Sun May 12 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

At the end of the day, she has to answer to man, and then to GOD.
She is paying man's price but hopefully will be rewarded later when it comes to being judged by GOD for following what her inner soul showed her was wrong.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyofGlass
reply to post by Reaper2137

The people do not have the ability to try a president for war crimes. If you say "but the people have the ability to vote someone in", no they do not. No amount of common sense will ever change things, no amount of reading, no amount of paying attention. You're right if it was another president I would blame that president just the same, because they are all the same. That doesn't make them the heads of agencies and the federal reserve any less murderers and crooks.

In regard to soldiers not listening to orders, who cares? At what point are you satisfied with soldiers being paid 30k to die for a pointless cause(based on lies) and murder innocent people for the same amount of cash. In my opinion the moment the Army suspended the tuition payments they nullified the contract that their employees agreed to. I see no moral obligation for anyone to feel a moral obligation to an employer that doesn't even honor the benefits it agreed to pay upon signing up. More power to them.

Really? I'm sorry, you don't know how your government works very well. No you don't have vote some one in willing to do what the people want. You can hold said person accountable to the people. Its a little know law that most states don't bother with.

If a state or group wanted to unseat a member of congress there is a procedure to do just that. People are unwilling to do the work that would enable just that.

In regard to your opinion on orders, whats your point? Most of those lies where proven true years later, after no one cared any more. Its a simple Google search, don't think you will. Its only pointless to you, Not every one shares your view.

I went to collage, the army paid for it and continues to do so, don't know where that came from, but maybe I just didn't hear about it, I will Google it later to give it due consideration. YOU don't see a moral obligation, the 99% of men and women who join the military do, They have a sense of honor, duty, integrity. You don't share, so don't call down others who do.

She made the choice to fallow our creed, when you do and join you are obligated to fallow our orders, there where many ways she could have avoided her fate and got what she wanted, she choose to run, that is on her. Its her fault she choose to do that. When it became clear to her she had screwed up, she had a year or two to come up with a cover.

She was never ordered to kill children, she was never ordered to into direct combat, she was a truck driver, that was going to serve as a gate guard, be hind the wire, most of the time a half mile or more behind fenced road, and towers that cover the approach giving them plenty of time to respond and deal with the nothing.

The main point is, she ran lied and tried to cover. Had she stayed she could have gotten a transfer , and been done and out already.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyofGlass

To respond to your claim about innocent people dieing, Its called collateral damage, it happens. Every war that was every fought, has had their share, there were more in other conflicts than this last war. Not every one is innocent. Some are bad, not all, but the 90% we do nail are.

You want to pretend all we do, is kill innocents, you're free to do so, just remember that a soldier gave you that right, the constitution may have given you that right, but the soldier paid for that right in his blood. That document, would never have happened had he not given of him self for you.

So pretend, you are innocent, and that the freedoms you enjoy come free, a bloodless gift for all, once again, you have the right, because of the soldier that preceded you.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

It's correct to be against war and violence but the other guy doesn't, so where does that leave you?
A victim.

That leaves us as invaders with no moral backing whatsoever, and I am saying that having served in Iraq myself during Gulf War 1.

I bought into the patriotism spell and Freedom then and have realized over time it was all a bunch of LIES by War Criminals. I still believe in Patriotism and serving the country, and one way to do that is to continue to point out the war criminals and Financial Terrorists that are infesting our government.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

So allowing your command to go AWOL when a shot rang out is fine with you? If you don't agree don't join it's that simple.
As to OUR being invaders,call the Saudis and ask them why they called.Saddam was making a move on Saudi Arabia and my butt was called in then you showed up(I was in the first group for Desert Sheild) He threatened them and we rolled.What do you think Khafji was? It was a probe in force. We should have finished him then,like the Iraqis we captured wanted us to.
We troops don't decide crap,all do at the polls.Monday morning quarterbacks need not apply.
I hope you are morally outraged enough to stop Obama from putting us into Syria.
edit on 12-5-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
well women become 11bullets sponges AKA11bravo's i dont see them signing up in droves for that & even if they did 7 didnt like it they have the pregnant chapters

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

So allowing your command to go AWOL when a shot rang out is fine with you? If you don't agree don't join it's that simple.
As to OUR being invaders,call the Saudis and ask them why they called.Saddam was making a move on Saudi Arabia and my butt was called in then you showed up(I was in the first group for Desert Sheild) He threatened them and we rolled.What do you think Khafji was? It was a probe in force. We should have finished him then,like the Iraqis we captured wanted us to.

I did not say I agree with her going against the terms of the contract and she is paying for it via man's laws.
In the end, it is God who is the ultimate judge and takes precedence over anything man dishes out.

And it was not until years later that I learned a lot of very interesting details about the Iraq War.
Kuwait, our supposed Ally was slant drilling into Iraqi Territory stealing their oil, and Saddam had a beef with that.

Our Ambassador April Glaspie questioned Saddam on his intentions, and said the US has no beef with your disputes and the rest is history. Basically this was giving Saddam the Green Light to go ahead.

Also, some allies we have, such as Pakistan where we funded the Pakistani ISI to give arms to the Mujahideed in Afghanistan who later became the Taliban. Or an ally like Saudi Arabia where the 911 terrorists are from.

When will people realize that when you meddle in the affairs of other countries, it eventually comes back to bite us?
edit on 12-5-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

I am a little confused. This is an all volunteer army, and it is my understanding that you can, basically, resign at any time. Of course resigning in the middle of battle would bring on issues, but such is not the case here.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!

Members are reminded that the Terms and Conditions apply to all posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

This is the only reminder that will be posted.
Continued violations may result in temporary Posting Bans.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
She went AWOL. THey would not deploy her if she was pregnant. Your title is very misleading.

AWOL soldiers go to prison. If a male soldier had 4 kids and did the same thing no one would be talking about it. Women wanted equality in the armed forces, she voluntarily signed up and enlisted. No pity for her.

She was not put in prison for refusing to serve in IRAQ she would not deploy as long as she was pregnant. She was put in prison for going AWOL.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The key here is Volunteer Enlistment. She chose this life. Grow up and live with the decision

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

They sure didn't Like that Did they. Should we have the ability to slap an EXTREME VIOLATION on those who marginalize OUR Country? Those who are NON-PATRIOTIC ?

Fine ! !

Then I'll rephrase it.

For someone to Enlist in ANY Service (Military or Civil) and make a Commitment says something about that individual.

They should NOT be Tarred and Feathered for following their Forefathers Footsteps.

If Nothing it Exhibits the fact that they are NOT Cowardly.

Maybe those who are taking cheap shots at OUR Men and Women in Uniform should recognize that they are the COWARDS. They contribute Nothing and Talk the Loudest to try and support their argument.

With that being said. . .. The girl in the OP was NOT Cowardly when she enlisted. It wasn't until she got first hand experience that she turned yellow. But that she did not exercise her options and turned tail and ran the first chance she got is Indicative of a Cowardly Act.

This Not about her being pregnant. It is about her complete disregard for her commitment.

P.S. . . Sorry I Pi$$ed off the Moderator. If you didn't notice I did edit my comments. Maybe I should not have pasted them in the Edit Reason Area and for that I am sorry.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

So, now we have thousands upon thousands of trained soldiers, many of whom may be terminally ill because of exposure to radiation, depleted uranium we use overseas etc...

I wonder what would happen if those terminally ill were provided with a list of the names of the elite who benefited and prospered on their deaths?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
People like this lady sign up because they want to defend their country. Not because they want to fight in illegal wars that kill millions of innocent people, all for money and power.

All soldiers have been lied to, no soldier signed up for all those illegal wars, it's the people in charge of the army that should be put in jail.

Let's invade Afghanistan etc, to prevent terrorism etc, rubbish, the USA cannot protect it's people from terrorism, you only have to look at 9/11 and other supposed 'terrorist' attacks, the USA government were completely useless at protecting it's people, and invading countries will only increase terrorism, not reduce it. But we all know who the real terrorists are anyway.

I have no sympathy for soldiers that die in Afghanistan etc, because they are fighting for all the wrong reasons, they are not 'heroes'. They will only get my respect if the country is invaded and they protect us from the invasion, not for invading other countries illegally.

Make peace, not war...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
She went AWOL. THey would not deploy her if she was pregnant. Your title is very misleading.

AWOL soldiers go to prison. If a male soldier had 4 kids and did the same thing no one would be talking about it. Women wanted equality in the armed forces, she voluntarily signed up and enlisted. No pity for her.

She was not put in prison for refusing to serve in IRAQ she would not deploy as long as she was pregnant. She was put in prison for going AWOL.

Was going to mention the same. The title is very misleading.

The title also makes one assume that she was pregnant AND was told to deploy while being pregnant... Which is silly. Military rarely makes a person deploy to a 'hot' area when they are pregnant...also, with her pregnancy she could have elected to get out of her military commitment without a felony or negative mark.

Think her legal advice on this matter was nonexistent. She probably relied on taking advice from idiots instead. A chaplain isn't legal advice.

She broke the law, now she must pay the price.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join