It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst nightmare you ever had?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Oh my gosh, I can't be under any fans because of that same movie. Great film and show but Bob remains one of the creepiest characters ever.

I can only imagine the nightmares must be something awful for you.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
reply to post by jhn7537

Oh my gosh, I can't be under any fans because of that same movie. Great film and show but Bob remains one of the creepiest characters ever.

I can only imagine the nightmares must be something awful for you.

Yea, its extremely creepy and I'm one of those people who remembers their dreams in heavy detail. So, its crazy when a nightmare comes, because I sense it in my dreams. For instance, everyone who was once around me will quickly leave the scene or you will get like dark cloud formations quickly coming over your head. It always takes a quick/dark turn for the worse and then I know I'm in for a "Bob" dream. Ever crazier, I remember on numerous accounts of yelling to myself to wake up from my dream. Its so strange how the mind can work, I always wondered why my mind would take me back to a place where I would be terrified, does it enjoy the fear or what?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ohyouknow

Thank you,ohyouknow,oh yes that is a horrible dream.Sinister,with the baby turning into a doll,face melted.I myself have always found dolls sinister anyway-thank goodness i don't recall having dreams that involve them! I had a dream about 2/3 months ago of finding a baby laying on a bed,in the house i grew up in.I approached,thinking i'd better check to see if it's ok,and to try to find the parents-then as i was leaning over it,i noticed it had eyes like a cat,but red eyes-and sharp teeth,like a vampire.I tried to straighten up,to move away from it-but that was hard,it was like it was pulling me closer like a magnet.I struggled against it,almost it had a gravitational pull- luckily i could pull myself away,and i ran out the room-that was a gnarly one.I think because babies are the symbol/archetype of everything that's pure,defenceless, good and Safe to be around-having dreams of "evil babies' are more upsetting than many more regular type of nightmares.Thank you for sharing.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Hiii littled,i can So relate to that dream of yours!!! While i have'nt had a dream of an exorcism,and a spirit trying to possess me-i did have a satanic dream within the last month.
I dreamt of this tall(6.5-7 feet tall man,with very blue eyes and sandy-brown hair) He was wearing old-fashioned medieval armour,a very Vlad Tepes-like figure.I got the idea in the dream that i was one of his staff,a servantgirl.He ordered me to put down what looked like a posy of yellow flowers,on a matress on the floor of a bedroom.I did'nt want to,but he exuded such an aura of menace,cruelty and danger,i was too scared to disobey.There were other people around,maybe other members of his staff,we all were very afraid of him,or at least displeasing him.I got the idea in the dream,that the items on the matress were an offering to Satan.There were other things on the matresss already,possibly from other of his servants.

Nothing classic to do with offerings to Satan,like dead black cats,dead infants,disgusting things,just stupid mundane things.Or maybe he Was satan,i don't know.Anyway,he left after a while,and the dream became mundane for the short while it lasted after that.I was angry and resentful when i woke up and remembered that dream-maybe it was because i was forced to do something that completely goes against my grain.And i had the idea of Vlad Tepes in my mind,associated with that dream,for some reason.Thanks again for sharing

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

My worst dreams actually involves Dragons.........the world is destroyed and I find myself walking alone across the wasted landscape. The mood is dark and anxious and I finally find myself in an arena were two dragons sit high upon perches of skulls and bones. One is reddish and breathes fire the other has a blueish hue and breathes ice.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

Hi Brandiwine14 oh good Lord,that was a BAD one!!!!!!!!!!!! imagine..seeing your own corpse.You have my sympathy,that must have been horrendously upsetting.I think i would have been every bit as upset-oh now i remember the dream that had me waking up with tears streaming down my cheeks-so sad-THANK YOU! I was standing out of my body-watching a team of doctors/surgeons completely surrounding this operating theater bed-and although i could'nt see the person on the table-i KNEW it was me.I remember feeling so sad,and thinking:"Please do it right,so you can put me back in there(in my body).And then i woke crying.

Thank you very much for your reply.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I I never watched Twin Peaks-but hell's bells-that guy is Very creepy! Reminds me of some one out of 28 Days Later-just slower and without red eyes-yes i can see how that dude can inspire nightmares! Such a person came at me in real life,he'd be getting a sharp or at least longish object right through the eye,thats for Sure!!!Thanks for your reply,jhn.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Hey Darkblade thanks for your reply-as a mother-that would go into my Top10 of worst nightmares most definitely.I understand the residual anxiety such a dream would leave,absolutely!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Mine was about a month ago...I should of made a thread about it but for some reason didn't get around to it but after reading you thinking about vampires I thought I had to share it now...

I was dreaming that I was sleeping, it was like I was half awake half asleep in my dream laying on my stomach. Then someone started feeling my feet and kept moving up...felt my calves, my thighs and eventually my butt like someone was "feeling me up". I woke up in my dream and looked around... That's when I seen a woman standing in my doorway.

She had really long dark hair and a white long sleeve shirt on, I couldn't see her face. Then she started walking towards me. She moved so fast, she only took 2 steps and covered a distance of about 20 feet and they were not huge steps they were normal steps like she had supernatural speed. I saw her face when she moved closer for a split second and she didn't have a face it was completely black and had no form whatsoever.

After that she moved closer to me I couldn't see her anymore but I had a feeling that she was standing right above me. So I jumped up to look where she was and then I was awake. The scariest part of it all was when I woke up...I was in the same position I was in the dream.

Usually after scary dreams your heart rate is racing and your kinda sweaty. I was neither. I just laid in bed for like 10 minutes after that with the lights on thinking to myself....was I dreaming or did that really just happen. I thought it was either a ghost or a vampire because of how fast she moved.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yeah I felt real crappy. I went and got her a pouch of salmon

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I get sleep paralysis from time to time, so I completely understand the notion of waking up to a presence.

My terrible dreams are always the realistic ones that I can't control (I'm normally a very lucid dreamer). They usually have someone hurting my son or myself, or loved ones dying. That sort of thing. Ugh.

The STRANGEST dream experience I ever had happened about two years ago. It had aspects of a typical SP event: the paralysis, sense of oppression, etc. But instead of me lying there with everything happening mentally, my body was actually moving.

I snapped up from my shoulders/neck three times. Literally, my neck and head moved. At the time I felt hands grabbing me and the entity was snapping me back and forth. I thought it was trying to break my neck.

I couldn't scream, couldn't move on my own, none of my tricks for snapping out of SP would work. Then I got snapped at the waist, so that I sat all the way up, then thrown back. Kinda like that scene in the exorcist.

The final event came next; my head snapped to the side (I was on my back) and my face felt like it was being held down in the pillow. I was smothering, but couldn't move.

Then it just stopped. I woke my husband up and cried buckets. Its the only time anything like that has happened to me, thank God.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

As a young child, probably between the ages of 8 and 12, I had a recurring dream that there was a Nuclear Holocaust and most of civilization was destroyed.

But wait, that wasnt the worst part..... Everyone left on the planet blamed ME for it!

I would wake up with such a sense of panic it was almost unbearable, and I would go into my living room and curl up on the couch, and it would take at least an hour or more for the guilt and fear and panic to subside.

To this day, I try to make sense of why I had such a strange dream as a child, over and over again.

I can say that within the past few years, it seems that I feel very under the microscope in my every day life, where associates be it business or personal are watching me and just waiting for me to mess up.

Sometimes the most mundane mistakes that I make are blown way out of proportion compared to my counterparts.

Maybe this is what the dream was trying to prepare me for or warn me about?

WHo knows.....

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My freshman year in college I had reoccurring nightmares featuring Linda Blair from The Exorcist. I made the mistake of watching it for the first time in a completely darkened dorm room. I still hate that movie!

Recently someone posted her freaky scarey face on a thread (thanks for that!). Of course, I just happened to see it while settling in for the night. No nightmares thankfully

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I was running around a mansion-like complex and my freinds were chasing me after they turned into zombies.

they finally caught up to me and they were like " you can be like us man."

it was terrifying, in another dream me and my dad were fighting for our lives in a zombie apocalypse, and we could still barter with money with people in my dream. we ended up being imprisoned into a cell full of other people in a millitary fashion, but that was after i hid about 300 dollars in a book in the place we were staying.

we broke out of the prison, went back to the place we were living at, and took the money i hid in order to buy us some supplies. i awoke from this dream after millitary vs. millitary vs. zombies engagements took place.

my dad thought he was a gonner, and he gave me his last 50 bucks. i gave it back to him telling him i had 300. he had a tear in his eye, he expected to sacrifice himself in order to save me and my 2 sisters from the zombies.
ever since i had the dream with my father in it i have been closer to my immediate family members
edit on 7-5-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

i had another dream were i was possessed by ISIS, and i said outloud in my dream " Isis is satan."
and she poofed herself out of my body, and a loud voice told me to bite off her head, so i did.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Mine was a lucid death dream. I can't recall why but I see myself lying in the road and I realize
that I am dreaming and I perceive that I am made of smoke or vapor now. So I say to myself,
Cool...let's see what happens when you cross over to the other side.

But I don't cross over, I just slowly, very slowly, evaporate into nothingness. I was quite panicked
when I woke up. It made me begin ti think of the possibility that consciousness does indeed
continue after death, but maybe not as one cohesive unit...it could be that our life essence
gets folded back into the mix when we die, In fact it kind of makes sense. Tiny little bits of energy
waiting for a chance to reassemble and reanimate...scary thought though
edit on 7-5-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I had a dream, or at least I thought it was a dream. Last year in July I had left everything I've ever known and moved to North Carolina with a girlfriend. We broke up and I started suffering from depression as a result of the previous few months. September last year I had a nightmare (some thought it might have been astral projection) and woke up around 5:00 am with cold sweats and the most eerie, terrifying feeling I've ever felt. What woke me up was the most wretched, intense, terrifying scream I've ever heard and it said "I'm sorry." I don't remember anything that happened before the scream that woke me up. The voice I heard I recognized as my ex's voice but the scream scared me so much I hardly slept at all for the next week.

It's a very, very rare occasion for me to remember any of my dreams, sometimes I think I don't dream at all because of this, and the only ones I actually do remember are all nightmares or are just really not good. The nightmares I remember are so real and in depth they resonate in the back of my mind like a ringing bell that never ends.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The one where I'm trapped in a room and the pictures on the wall are watching me with their eyes. Anybody else get this

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Childhood PTSD linked to childhood amnesia--now that is awesome stuff truly, I never had that one before

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have two instances of scariest dreams ever in my life. 1st dream: I am walking through a verdant forest with a path cut out. I walk for a while and suddenly the path opens to a very large clearing with a brightly colored circus tent. I approach the circus tent and enter. When I get inside, its bright white. I cant even make out the dimensions or size of the place because its so bright I cant see where any of the angles where the edge of the tent would be. But, in what I can only assume would be the middle of the place, I notice five clowns lying on their backs head to foot. They have a targt painted around them. I think to myself wtf? and look up and see another clown walking a tight rope. I think to myself, are the clowns on the ground supposed to be some kind of weird safty net for the clown on the tight rope? As soon as I thought this the clown loses his balance and falls. Everything whites out and I am overcome. When I come too I notice that it is still bright white, but now there are all these off white, almost dirty looking linen sheets everywhere. I turn my head (I am lying on my back) And there it is. Its a clown on all fors heaving violently, and his guts are coming out of his mouth in huge gross mouthfulls of blood. But that isnt what botered me, what bothered me is the look in this clowns eyes. He is looking at me pleading at me with his eyes to help him and I cant. I hope I never have to see that look in real life.

2nd dream: This one is waaaaaaaay weirder than the first one. I am in the house I grew up in and my mother tells me to close the windows because a storm is coming. As im doing this (the storm looking crazy scary as it approaches) My best friend in the world comes to the front door. He asks me to hang out (and for some reason in the dream he is dating my mother) I tell him to look and that there is a teriible storm coming but he convinces me to go with him. On the way too his house, I ask him what he wanted to do, and he simply replied "we are going to cheat on your mother" Creepy. Then we get too hjs house and he goes up a set of stairs to his upstairs apartment. He disappears behind a screen door. I follow him up and when I get to the top of the stairs, he now has a female twin. they are both dressed in like, leather bondage gear. I follow them into his living room and there is just the most random assortment of my friends (And like there is NO WAY that these people would ever be in the same room at the same time) It startled me so much I asked, What are you guys doing here? One of them stood up and said something, I do not recall what it was, but if I could I would be rich lol Because it was so profound and just jawdropping. Anyway I notice the female twin sneak off down a hall and I follow her. She goes into a room and there are these beautiful black female twins in there. They all start going at it. I asked if I could watch and they said yes. Then I asked if I could join and they said NO! I thought to myself this is pathetic I cant even score in my dreams lol. Then there was a crazy change of scene and I am on an endless staircase, and there is a disembodied voice I do not recognize screaming at me that I had to remember the number 2. It was so terrifiying that really right now as I am writing this I am tearing up because it was AWFUL. Just over and over that I had to remember the number 2 or else. So I wake up, but even though I am in a familiar place, Something is different and off. Out of nowhere a parrot starts violently attacking me. Its pecking at me and no matter what I do how hard I hit it or stomp on it it just keeps coming. As I am having this viscious struggle I notice that my friend and his family (I was staying at their house) are all circled around me and all pointing and laughing. THEY ALL HAVE TWINS OF THEMSELVES!!!!! They just laugh and laugh and laugh. Finally I notice their cat approach me, I bend down to pick it up and it bites me then I wake up... Crazy stuff guys.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

What is the worst nightmare you ever had?

It's the recurring one about the cabin in the woods.

As I begin to resolve in to the dream I am in the woods, it's always North Carolina, probably Camp McCall. I always come in to the dream thinking the same thing,"Oh God, I've come to the field in my jeans and a t-shirt," and then I have an impulse to run back to the barracks and change.

Then I see the cabin. It's like, 15 feet away, but it always as though I have to travel this awful mile to get to the door. The worse thing is that some part of me knows that I have dreamt this before and what I am in for, but I can't stop the dream.

The cabin is made the worst rotting wood; like the whole thing is made of those 'shaker' shingles that disintegrate when you rub on it, but this stuff is rotten, too. The roof has caved in in a 'v' and the door is hanging off the hinges. The window panes are curiously intact.

I am terrified and sweating, but I can't stop going through the motions of pulling the door aside, when I finally reach it, and stepping in to what seems like a tiny dark foyer, until I realize that the facing wall has been created by the collapsing roof.

There is a horrible vicious werewolf in the bedroom, I know this because I have been here so many times. I have these weird feelings in the dream, where I feel so badly and sorry for the werewolf, even though I know that he is going to kill me and eat me.

I can hear him breathing as soon as I enter the cabin. It's the same sound every time. Something has made the werewolf terribly sad and hurt, and this is what causes him to live in a constant state of rage and pain. I always have this misplaced feeling of deep sympathy for the werewolf; I want to soothe his pain. I realize, every time, that I once knew the words to say or the actions to perform to soothe the werewolf's hurt; but I have forgotten them.

I then finally get to the bedroom where I am devoured and black out. Then I wake up.

That's mine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join