It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst nightmare you ever had?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
The one where I'm trapped in a room and the pictures on the wall are watching me with their eyes. Anybody else get this

Well, I probably will now.....shudders

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Hi SubTruth thanks for your reply-many people find dragons scary-propably that barren desolate wasteland world contributed to the scary feel of the dream.I quite like images of dragons-but things would propably quickly turn into a nightmare if they had to arrive in force,real ones.I love cloud-dragons,here's a pic for you,to dispel some of the gloomy image

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
My girlfriend leaving me,the next week she did!.....way back I'm over it now..

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

i had a freaky dream, and it was pretty vivid too. i dreamt that i woke up in the middle of the night and there was a shadow person standing in my bedroom doorway. he started walking toward me very calmly so i started throwing punches through the air, remembering stories that shadow people dissapear if they know you are awake. btw, i was still in my bed in the dream, i couldn't sit up or anything, so i was helpless as he didnt dissapear. then what happend was he wrapped his hand calmly around my neck. man, did he have an iron grip! i couldnt get him to let go and he started choking me. when he was choking me i could feel all of his hatred flooding inside of me, THAT is what scared me to death, it wasnt the shadow person, or the choking, it was the fact that i could feel his pure hatred. pretty freaky huh? when i woke up i still felt it until i fell back asleep.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Mine is a reoccurring thing where I am crawling up a very steep cliff usually covered in snow and as I crawl I know that I cannot go back down as it is too steep.......I fight for my life to get to the top and once I do it is one horrific sight.

I find myself staring down an straight cliff face,which is a straight drop at 90 degrees to my death.

I can't go forward and I can't go back.

Happens about once a month to me and just to add I hate heights.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 7-5-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Hi Evansayz-do you have an idea who the vampire woman may have personified,in waking life? I would've found that very very unsettling myself,too.The strange thing is,i Never were scared of vampires,even as a kid,idk why,even though i found Salem's Lot creepy,i still never gave the matter much thought-so it was surprising that this one shook me up so.In the dream a close relative of mine was the vampire,and attacked me,maybe that was what made it so horrific? I remember shaking the person and shouting;How can i reach you?You're not even human!" a very frustrating helpless sad feeling of loss together with the fear.She laughed at me,her eyes were all white,and looked alien and dead.
That dream morphed into a big grand house,where she was staying with a woman i know in real life,whose house it was in the dream.They were preparing for some womens' get-together,like a book club or something,and i noticed a very tall thin rather stunning woman,wearing a very strange bird-like mask over her lower face(like those sinister masks from the days of the black death)-who was looking at me with cold hatred and disdain-then it morphed to a school,where my hubby and i went to fetch my son who was in kindergarten at the time,in real life

There was a vampire hanging around in the area where the parents collect their kids,we asked for my son to be sent up(the classes were downstairs) they sent a message back up to us,that his teacher was unable to bring him up to us.We started moving away,and then there was chaos,like in a zombie apocalypse,but with vampires and screaming people,it was awful,and i was worried about my son,then it ended.You know,that was before Sandy Hook,maybe even the very night before,that i had this dream.

But like i said,as hideous as the dream was,was the feeling in my bedroom after i woke-i have never experienced such a feeling of danger and menace,upon waking.I never want to go through something like that again!
Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There are @5 dreams I can remember from when I was a kid. I don't remember much of my childhood but I can remember the dreams. One of them...

Was walking through a large field with my sister. The gray-brown hay / grass / whatever was only about ankle high. The field stretched out as far as I could see in all directions. Way off in the distance I could see a line of what looked like a trail of ants. I am not sure what exactly they were as they were too far away. Could have been people. As my sister and I walked on we saw that these "ants" were each carrying something to a pile. They were building a bonfire. My sister make it to an area that has 2 sides of a wall and a table and chairs sitting there. Maybe we were having tea or lunch or something. I kept peeking over the wall watching the "ants" to see what was going on. The "ants" light the pile and something just did not feel right. So my sister and I leave and start walking. The faster the smoke comes out of the pile we run faster. Then all of a sudden the smoke stops and we are frozen. Then the smoke sucks back into the pile as if someone was running time backwards but much more quickly.

I woke up screaming inside my head. I had sleep paralysis for a bit and couldn't move for a while. I was terrified and could not open my mouth to scream loudly to wake anyone. I stayed up the rest of the night.

I don't remember many of my dreams nor do I have sleep paralysis upon waking. However, I do get it quite often as I fall asleep if I lay down to try to get a little nap in. During sleep paralysis, I never feel as if someone is in the room going to hurt me but I do feel a presence in the room sometimes. Like they are picking me up and slamming me back onto the bed. The way it would feel if someone was jumping on a trampoline while you lay on it. Not painful but I am definitely moving and I have no control over what is happening.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I have one but I don't have time to type it up right now, just didn't want to lose this thread. (i'll be back later....)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Hey smylee,that must have been Horrifyingly frightening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You could have sustained whiplash,or muscle injuries,not to mention the smothering! Yes,that exorcist scenario would have come to mind-but to me,afterwards-i think i'd have been to scared to think straight.Very,very disturbing indeed-did you do,or get some one to do a spiritual housecleaning after that?
I fervently hope nothing like that Ever Ever happens to you again.I trust you never had a repeat of that,even to a lesser degree?
My goodness,i feel for you,you do not deserve such terrifying ordeals,you are one of the nicest people i've come across on any site.Bless you smylee,and your wonderful son,and hubby.
with affection and the best of wishes for your happiness,Rax.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Thank you Billy,looking forward to hearing your doozie of a dream,kind regards

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The one where I'm trapped in a room and the pictures on the wall are watching me with their eyes. Anybody else get this

That is seriously creepy! LMAO

I went through a period where I'd dream about frogs hopping after me. They were huge mutant frogs and they could read my mind. Oh, gawd... !!! Your little nightmare triggered my horrible nightmare. I gotta quit reading this stuff, lol

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Falling from the sky and it felt real, before i hit the gound i closed my eyes and got so scared im pretty sure i had a heart attack before i even hit, but i'm not sure, it was weird, felt real

I've had giant bushes chasing me with knifes when i was a kid

But the scariest one isn't even horror.... It feels like my real life, i live in the same house, know the same people, i'm just alot more successful.. and it feels so real when i wake up and realise where i am, i'm dissapointed
edit on 7-5-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I don't get nightmares often, but when I do, I usually wake up and feel uneasy and too scared to move. The most recent one is a little weird, but man did it do a psych trip on me.

I was driving in a car, and was a hostage, I couldn't see who my captor was, but I felt it was The Joker, yeah, that Joker. Not the semi house broken, your kids can watch on saturday morning Joker, shooting a gun flag with the word BANG on it. But the really psychotic Joker that revels in pure torture of his victims. Well as I'm driving, he keeps taunting me with his gun, trying to get reactions from me. I finally decide to show no emotion from him. And this is when he whispered in my ear something along the lines of "well if you're not gonna play, I have no use for you" I panicked, and he shot me in the temple, I remember falling over, and him starting to taunt other victims that were in the car as well, that I haven't noticed before. I was still conscious, but knew I was dead, and I stayed that way for about 30 seconds. Until I finally woke up and still couldn't move. Weird dream!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

i used to get those night terrors all the time i haven't had one for a few years now thank goodness but (yes there's always a but lol)

My ex hubby woke me one night to tell me that me saw a black figure leaning over me on my side of the bed and he could hear it whispering but couldn't make out what it was saying, he couldn't move to let me no for ages and then poof it was gone, it frightened the bejeses out of him and he wasn't easily frightened as he was a complete nutter.

I was preggers at the time with my first wean, just thought i'd throw that in lol.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AtcGod

Hii AtcGod-that IS an unusual variation on the nuke/ELEdream! Have you any idea,from waking life,why you should have felt that blame and guilt in your dream? Because that is the first time i hear that aspect of it mention in an apocalyptic dream.I see you feel under scrutiny Now,with folks seemingly just waiting for opportunities to blame you,i was just wondering if at the young age,you were maybe having to carry more responsilbility,or pressure to perform at unrealistic levels at school,sports,etc?I do recall that no marks+achievements,however good,often far better than those of my friends,were ever good enough for my adoptive mother.Anyway thank you for sharing,that was an interesting dream.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

Hiii bally-that is something i wish my hubby would rather Not have told me
That would have bothered me no end! At least it did'nt harm you,that's the most important thing.Thanks for sharing that

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by ballymoney50

Hiii bally-that is something i wish my hubby would rather Not have told me
That would have bothered me no end! At least it did'nt harm you,that's the most important thing.Thanks for sharing that

I'm not that easy frightened either or every time i had a night terror i would have had to have a pint of Black Bush whiskey lol

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

Hey B1rd,that flic gave a Lot of people nightmares,i think

I once took it out on dvd,plus a dvd for the kids,and then some chic-flic we could all 3 watch together,So i let em watch the kids's movie 1st,for the benefit of my youngest,who was 3/4 then.Then i felt a bit sleepy,and said i'm jst going for a nap with my youngest,told my 9yo gal to Not watch the Exorcist under any circumstances.Later when my youngest and me woke,my eldest was on the bed with us,scared out of her wits-she DID watch it.Slept with her bedside lamp on for a long,long time after that

She took my advice about movies suitable for her age to heart,after that one! Thanks for your reply,oh and btw,another flic that ties in with taht exorcist type flic-Mirrors,with Kiefer Sutherland-horrible creepy-that one freaked me Out!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I was at a friend's house at age @11ish and she brought out a ouija board. I don't think we did anything with it. Went into the bathroom and saw a picture on the wall of dogs playing poker. Their eyes were moving. I was fully awake and left the house never to go back. I can't imagine seeing it in a dream and not being able to leave.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hi everyone,thank you so much for your nightmares,i'm enjoying reading it all,so much,but i am pooped now,its 1:04am in South Africa,i will be back tomorrow morning,or rather laaaater in the morning,i'm looking forward to catching up then-i'm going into my own world of (hopefully recalled upon waking) dreams+mares now

Thank you all again,very much,bless you,Rax.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join