Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What is the worst nightmare you ever had?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This subject has always been really fascinating to me, it does seem, and has been my experience that whatever happens in our dream worlds can be a significant experience that we do "Live" in some way. The question for myself is what do they mean, do they have relevance in my waking life?

The majority of nightmares I can remember I can attribute to a direct reaction to seeing something horrible, mostly in films. I was terrified after seeing the Exorcist, I slept with the lights on for a long time after seeing it. Graphic war and horror movies really seem to effect my dreams, and for that reason I avoid them as much as possible, lol....my other half Loves them.....

My "weirdest" dreams, if you can call them that. happened mostly as a child. To this day I am absolutely convinced I was able to leave my body and fly around, I never went far from home, but I so VIVIDLY remember aerial views of my neighborhood, I had never been in a plane at that point. The thing is, it SCARED me, and I remember concentrating as hard as I could to return to my body, and being so happy to return to my bed. In real life I am afraid of heights, and uneasy on airplanes......

link   
My hyper sensitive mouse that always causes dp's is kinda a "nightmare too...
edit on 7-5-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

link   
I once woke up terrified and felt as if someone or thing was sitting on my chest and felt paralyzed to move....but there was no nightmare that preceded it. The worst nightmare was not necessarily the scariest but the most real as if I was truly participating in it and not just observing. I was transformed back to HS and I was at my locker between classes when out of nowhere a giant snake (like the anaconda in the cheesy Jennifer Lopez movie) slithered rapidly down the hall and attacked a girl that I did not know. It immediately started to swallow her whole legs first. She was screaming - the students were running and screaming - I felt real fear which was exacerbated by how real the scene appeared (tremendous detail down to the iridescence of the snake's scales, etc) but had no choice but to act: I was able to pull the girl out of the snake's mouth (luckily it was not constricted around here) and then broke the glass to firebox that had an axe and then took the axe and repeatedly hacked the snake in the head until it was dead - and then I woke up realizing that it was some sort of test.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Worst dream I ever had was last night. I dreamnt that I was in trouble of some sort (I can't remember that part, but I know it wasn't from a criminal activity) and I realized that I had no one to turn to for help. I just remember feeling very lonely and all alone.

That feeling was still there when I awoke.

For a fairly sociable guy with a large circle of good acquaintances and a decent circle of friends and family. It was disconcerting to say the least.

Maybe I had outlived them all and was the last?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I almost never remember my dreams but there is one I had about 3 years ago that freaked me out like never in my life. BIG TIME! Now I know that this dream was likely caused by me watching too many horror movies like Paranormal Activity, but nonetheless, this felt so real

Dream:
I was sitting on the couch with my wife when we started noticing weird things in the room (noises, voices) so I stood up and walked around the living room slowly trying to locate what/where this was......I had the great idea of asking "If there is an entity here, please manifest yourself" OMG I got my money's worth.

Within a few minutes of weirdness, I was lifted to the ceilling and dropped to the floor many time....ended up on my back in shock....then "something" grabbed me between the legs (not the groin but in that general area..hard to explain but it hurt inside like in my guts) and I was being pushed/dragged on the floor untill I was right against the wall....but it kept pushing like something wanted to crush me like a pancake...I hurt so Bad that I couldn't even scream or talk...

I woke up screaming...I mean SCREAMING! I literally woke up the whole house....and I could still feel the pain an hour later.....Another weird thing in the dream is that my wife was sitting on the couch and never reacted at all....like nothing happenned! But she had heard the sounds because we had talked about them before I got up to check.

I had never felt like that about a dream before nor since then...I just hope it never happens again because it really freaked me out to a point where I did not sleep at all the rest of that night.

So that was my scariest dream I have ever had by a long shot!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

That is really a trip you would mention this dream about a snake in JH, it triggered a memory of a particularly disturbing dream I had at that age. I dreamed our school was under attack by snakes being dropped on us by planes, I was running around like crazy trying to get everyone to a safe place, but at first no one really believed how bad it was, and I just remember it got so out of control, soo fast, and I woke up really bothered, and the dream stuck with me.

LOL...years later I was told by an "expert" , ok some guy who read a few books...but anyways, that snakes in dreams surrounding adolescence often represent male sexual energy...and that kinda fit for me.....being a girl coming into my own sexual feelings......it is kinda strange that in my dream I felt overwhelmed by the snakes and in your dream you killed the snake? May I ask if your male or female?

p.s. this dream occurred years before any mass school shootings, or the "snakes on a plane" movie.....

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
i was caught in a perpetual illusion of credit and debt, where mankind was run my money and greed, where the oceans were becoming too polluted to live off of, there was radiation leaking from several places and killing people slowly, while the government said nothing. i witnessed many people loosing their rights to do many thing's, all in the name of a false sense of safety.

then i fell asleep and had a dream of being truly free...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Hi ML,thanks for your reply-i'm different that way-l LOVE horror movies-with the Exception of the 28 Days Later movies-they scared me incredibly much-maybe because so many scientists are mucking around with things they should never have touched,and an illness that would have as a side-effect people becoming murderously aggressive,is (to me,anyway) not a far-fetched concept.I also found the Exorcist exceedingly creepy,i tend to avoid most movies of that type,because i find it depressing,though,more than scary.

I wonder about the dreams where you,as a child,floated above your neighbourhood-that does sound a bit like involuntary OOBE,s-and if one cannot control those,i can imagine it must be very scary.I never had that,but i have memories of sitting up in bed awake and puzzled,as i seem to grow smaller,and the room grew and grew,till it was the size of a ballroom,with very high walls.Well more than i thought that i shrunk,i figured through some insane magick,the room grew
This was always accompanied by a very weird physical sensation,almost like when i would get deja vu,but without the sensation of "this has all happened before' Although when it happened,i would be aware that it was another episode in a phenomena that occurred regularly-like "Well here we go again" I did Not care for these episodes,because of the weirdness.So i would go into "ignore-mode" pull the covers over my head and fall asleep in a bit.

Btw,i was never ever scared of heights,as a child,i was thrilled when my mother's sister took us in the cable-car up Table Mountain,went again when i was an adult,and travelled by plane quite a few times in adulthood.I've lived in apartments on the 27th floor,etc.Then one day i was watching a movie,i cannot even remember what,the one character was in a very high place,and they showed the street far below-and it was like a switch was flipped.I felt lightheaded and nauseous with dread,and ever since,i cannot even watch heights in a movie-feels like the abyss is pulling me like a magnet.In real life,i won't even go near a window now,if i had to be in a tall building,in fact-i won't BE in a tall building,the mere thought of being that high above ground level gives me the heebie-jeebies! Strange,that just happened a few years ago-total phobia of+aversion to heights,just one day that phobia was there.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Thank you for sharing CC,well that was quite an adrenaline-pumping dream-and freaky.It must have had an empowering feel to it when you woke up though?Still,while it was going on,i can see how it must've been terrifying.The detail would've made it worse.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hi TDawg,yes,that is a sad isolated feeling-i've had that in the occasional dream too-a rotten,very sad feeling.Maybe,i would'nt know,you have a subconscious fear of outliving all those you care for?Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

Hi Teye22,let me just say,right off the bat-I ALSO FERVENTLY HOPE THAT YOU NEVER EVER GET THAT DREAM,OR A SIMILAR ONE AGAIN!

Good Lord how terrifying,and you felt actual pain after you woke?That is one of The scariest dreams i have yet heard of,and not just here on this thread or site.Bad stuff.Thank you very much for sharing.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Yes,i think that's enough to want a portable iv containing a sleep-medication

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by Teye22

Hi Teye22,let me just say,right off the bat-I ALSO FERVENTLY HOPE THAT YOU NEVER EVER GET THAT DREAM,OR A SIMILAR ONE AGAIN!

Good Lord how terrifying,and you felt actual pain after you woke?That is one of The scariest dreams i have yet heard of,and not just here on this thread or site.Bad stuff.Thank you very much for sharing.

Yeah it was horrifying! and that's an understatement. The pain I felt I could describe as: sorta like when you hit your knee pretty hard on a rock(an uncomfortable heat with a throbbing pain) but this was in my lower abdomen/gut area. but it felt like its source was well..from under like if I was sitting on something causing this...obviously wasnt.

I really thought it had happenned for real at first becasue the pain remained. It was my wife that told me I was screamming in horror in my sleep....And before someone asks, I did not fall out of bed or anything. Had I been alone, I would have probably beleived it was real.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I've had a few really, terrible, horrible reoccurring nightmares but I'm only going to focus on one that, to this day, still bothers me.

As a child I use to have a dream that I was in room that was on fire. It seemed a lot like a studio apartment with one large open space for the kitchen and the bedroom/living area. There was a crib in this room and all I could hear is the sound of a baby crying and screaming. I'd walk to the crib and inside of it would be a baby doll, with its face half melted away. It was horrible.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I read your reply several times, and not even sure how to respond...geez...there are sooo many directions we could take this in..
......a Very dear friend of mine, extra tall, blond, Very amazing blue eyes ( although, she had to wear glasses at a young age ) I do think she may have been "out of this world" in some ways...we met in JH....she was a DEEP thinker, the only girl I ever knew who was brilliant at math, she was very beautiful, guys were attracted to her, but she was just too intense, great artist, writer...but with a comprehension of science and math I couldn't really grasp, other then to understand what she had to say was important......

We met when were 13 yrs old, and the last time I saw her was when she got married late in life....she told me some deep and profound things over the years, one was that we "travel" in our dreams......lol, she had a vision that in a previous life her and I were men and we we're artists?

Oh shoot, have some other thoughts, but need to go for now....enjoying this thread...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

The most horrifying dream I ever had occurred within the last year. In the dream I was present at an exorcism, and the priests weren't having any luck. As I started to silently pray for the young woman being exorcised the demon left the young woman and started to attack me, trying to possess me by entering my body through my mouth. I clenched my mouth tight as invisible fingers squeezed my throat trying to force my mouth open. I silently prayed the prayer to St. Michael and prayed also to the Lord and to Jesus for help in fighting off the demon. My husband shook me awake- he said I was physically fighting something and making a noise that was something between a moan and a scream and that I was as pale as a ghost. I felt spiritually drained and physically exhausted.

I have never been as frightened by a dream as I was by that one! I felt like a demon was really trying to possess me during my vulnerable time of sleep. I slept with a copy of the prayer to St. Michael on my bedside table for months afterward and a crucifix hanging above my bed. I say my prayers every night before I fall asleep every night and ask the Lord to protect me.- I'm not taking any chances!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I've had a lot of nightmares, for years I only had nightmares nothing ever remotely nice about them. A good portion of them are of earthquakes, earth freezing over, and comets and asteroids. When I was kid I had recurring dreams of being impaled by a sawfish while swimming. Had that one for years straight, it sucked.

But the one dream that I had when I was a teen that took me so long to shake was me, walking in the woods. It was a nice sunny day, I was alone there was a nice breeze coming from behind me then it got steadier with more force, the sky stayed sunny but it was so hard to see under the canopy. I was walking and felt sick, and I had to run all of a sudden. I had no clue why but just needed to get out of there. Then I tripped over something in the leaves, it felt cold and stiff and as I brushed away the leaves I saw my very own eyes open and staring right at me, I was staring at my own dead stiff corpse.

I woke right after and felt ill. I cried for a while.

That was the worst dream I ever had.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'm 28 now, but I still have the same dream from when I was 5-6 years old and it still terrifies me. When I was very young I would watch Twin Peaks with my mom. If you ever watched the show I'm sure you remember a character named Leland Palmer and how he would turn into a guy named "Bob". Well, Bob still terrifies me in my dreams today, and the dream usually happens in 1 of a few ways... It always takes place in the house I grew up in. I will be alone in the house, suddenly the power will go off, I will head down to our laundry room to look at the breaker box, once that doesnt work I will grab a flash light, when I turn it on Bob will be there standing right in front of you and charge at me. I always wake up right during the chase. Well, there are a few others similar to that dream that I have with Bob in it. Its crazy how I still have dreams about Twin Peaks 20+ years later...

This is Bob

edit on 7-5-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have had some really terrifying dreams however one was the most awful dream I have ever experienced.

I was standing with my son (he was around 4) in a subway station when some guy ran up and grabbed him (pedophile from my childhood) and ran down the tunnel with him. I spend hours chasing them hearing my son screaming for help. When I woke up the anxiety was still there and it took days for it to go away..

That was the worst ever. The feeling of complete helplessness, anger, fear, inablity to stop it or catch him....it was awful

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

That's what freaks me out about this dream of yours-how the hell do you get injured like that while you were in bed? I've also woken up with injuries sustained in my sleep-correspnding to a dream i had the previous night-the exact location that was worked on in the dream,on at least two occasions.That is what creeps one out about it-that's just not right,you know?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join