It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst nightmare you ever had?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The worst dream I can remember happened after 9/11: there was a nuclear attack on my town and I took shelter in a fire station basement. Then when I came up, everything was grey and dusty and the guy I was fancying that time left behind a heart that said "I Love You, *My name*". Really tragic.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

Hey B1rd,that flic gave a Lot of people nightmares,i think

I once took it out on dvd,plus a dvd for the kids,and then some chic-flic we could all 3 watch together,So i let em watch the kids's movie 1st,for the benefit of my youngest,who was 3/4 then.Then i felt a bit sleepy,and said i'm jst going for a nap with my youngest,told my 9yo gal to Not watch the Exorcist under any circumstances.Later when my youngest and me woke,my eldest was on the bed with us,scared out of her wits-she DID watch it.Slept with her bedside lamp on for a long,long time after that

She took my advice about movies suitable for her age to heart,after that one! Thanks for your reply,oh and btw,another flic that ties in with taht exorcist type flic-Mirrors,with Kiefer Sutherland-horrible creepy-that one freaked me Out!

Oh, the poor kid...she actually watched the whole thing? Lol, I guess it's one of those things where you just can't look away. I watched the whole thing because I hoped there would be a happy ending. Silly me! I can't imagine one of my daughters seeing a movie like that. They get scared over the Disney channel's "spooky" movies

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have had some bad ones, but this was more recent. It was a few months ago, and I got attacked by a Bear. It was horrible, and so real.

The dream started with me waking up in my tent and having to pee really bad. It was not in a very cold environment, otherwise I would have just pee'd inside my Tent in my small Nalgene water bottle that is designated for emergency situations while backpacking in very cold weather. I would tell you about the time my buddy just rinsed it out and used it for his coffee one morning without asking me, but that is not a part of this nightmare.

Anyway, I woke up and had to go very bad from all the water I drank because of being dehydrated from our quick hike up into a higher elevation (that is how it is usually in my real life backpacking trips). So I unzip the fly to my tent, and I take a look around with my headlamp. We are illegally camped next to a backcountry stream, and the sound of the rapids drown out any twigs breaking, which I am fine with.

After seeing nothing that would cause me to not exit my shelter, I proceeded to our pre-dug pee hole just around a very large boulder. It was a full moon, and I could see all the way up the ridge, and the stars were so beautiful. It was probably around 3 am or so. I relieved myself into the hole, and at that very moment I noticed a strange smell and thought to myself, my Bear canister is just inside those bushes next to the same large boulder, stupid to put it there.

All of a sudden a blurred image of something brown and furry came charging at me and in absolute horror I attempted to protect my vital organs. What was even worse, was that I was barefoot cause we were camped on Granite with sleeping pads, not dirt. It was a black bear luckily, I thought because of it's size.

The Bear immediately went for my genitals, which Bears have been known to do. I fought this bear, and he got the better of me. I can remember him chewing on my fingers, biting the tip of one of my fingers completely off and then attempting to kick out my gut with his hind legs, kind of like a cat tries to do when you're playing with it.

It seemed that the attack lasted forever, but I somehow knew but was not positive that this was a nighmare that I was having. I had always feared this kind of an attack the most when leaving my tent in order to go pee cause I have a small bladder, and always felt vulnerable out there doing that late at night, and usually barefoot and with little clothing.

Because it was a dream, I was not sure who was back inside the tent. Was it my wife, my Son or a friend? I was wondering about that as I fought for my life. Would they find me dead out here in the morning, or would the bear move on to harm them, I didn't know, and I felt sick over the feeling of not knowing.

It seemed like a lifetime, but after I rolled into a ball to protect myself from this desperate creature I suddenly woke up and I was safe inside my tent with my Son sleeping right next to me. Guess what else? I had to pee! Luckily though, I had my small designated Nalgene bottle.
~$heopleNation

edit on 7-5-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I used to have "night terrors" as a child. I would wake up but still be dreaming, walk around our home, seeing the real world around me, but with the dream intermittently superimposed over reality. One second I'd see my parents trying to calm me down, the next the nightmare. I would scream and cry. I was so petrified that I would become nauseous and sometimes vomit. I would repeatedly ask, screaming, "Am I going to die?"

The visual content of the dreams were always the same, which made it more terrifying because I would know how much further I had to go in the dream before it would end. It was frequent enough that I knew what was happening and how long it would last, but this did nothing to lessen the terror.

Once it passed, I would gradually come fully back to reality and them slump over and immediately fall back asleep within seconds, as though exhausted.

Sometimes I would also suffer from sleep paralysis and related nightmares. All of this lasted until about the age of 10 years, with decreasing frequency after the age of 9.

Hypnagogia. It's so much fun.

Peace.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I occasionally suffer from sleep paralysis. I used to wonder if it was something supernatural or even alien. What you describe sounds very much like those events. Worst 'daymares' ever. Freaky stuff. My darlin' will wake me up, knowing that I'm having an event, because I'm 'making weird noises'. This can also play into the horrors of PTSD, though each can exist without the other.

It was much worse when I was younger. I have learned to recognize that I'm in that dream state, and being aware of my surroundings, along with freaky/frightening things going on, I can often just hold on until I become fully awake. Other times, I scream in my mind, and my darlin' wakes me up.

If, upon preparing for sleep, you ever feel a sort of thrumming, an electric-kinda wave going through your body, then you might be in the perfect state for sleep paralysis. When I feel that, I'll sometimes get up and read for a bit and often the state passes, and I'm able to truncate the event. I associate this with successful attempts in my youth toward astral projection. I've tried to just go with it --- perhaps I'm just not evolved enough to understand it.

I guess some small-voiced part of me still wonders if there is something unseen going on -- intellectually I'm satisfied that it is a scientifically-explainable phenomenon.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I do not remember many dreams.
About the only remembered dream that really scared me was when reality slipped into a dream.
I was dreaming I was working in an office type setting, with a multi-storage garage. For some reason there were cows. The black and white cows, like a Ben & Jerry cow. They began chasing me, turning into carnivorous dinosaurs. Black and white cow dinosaurs. Yep.
I woke up, heart racing, sweating, and scared. Here's where the reality come in. My family had the soundtrack to Jurrasic Park on the stereo.
Cows chasing me at work, then the dinosaurs chasing people in a movie with music...and my mind melded them all together.
Dumb, but scary. And about the only one I remember.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
One were someone on ATS actually predicted something would happen and it did.

But then I woke up and everything was normal ...
:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I have had some nightmares that are ones a little too personal for this outlet.They made me awaken while crying out.My most recent scary was of slicing my own leg off in the shower.I was slicing it like one would do to make pork medallions.I hope that this is not too gory.There was little blood and I recall being suprised by that.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'm a very strong dreamer, and will post in depth about my view on the subject in a later thread. I'm still new to the site and am not permitted to create a new post yet. I no longer have nightmares that include the emotion fear or any sense of endangerment, but that doesn't mean I haven't in the past had a horrible nightmare.

With me the list goes on and on, but I can narrow it down to one recurring nightmare when I was young. It was short and not so sweet. My mother and I would be driving down a dark street. Usually on the same road in every dream. The car would loose control and we would fly off the road. I was usually injured with no pain, and my mother not so much. I would cry while holding her, screaming " It's real this time!". No matter how many times I had the dream, it was real to me every time. I would tell myself "If you have that dream again, you will no its not real next time". No such luck. It was real every time lol.

This used to happen to me when I was younger. Not anymore.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I had a recurring dream about my mother falling down our back steps tearing the back of her head completely off blood and brains everywhere I was screaming at her "Mum, Mother, NooOooOooOooOoo she's F# dead" I screamed and then woke up feeling shaky and sweating

Other dreams I've had were we were all black shiny rotting Corpses with Fly larvae wiggling through us but we were still talking at the dinner table and all our internal organs were Slopped on the dinner plates and we were just cutting them up and Eating them
Like you would a roast dinner and chatting with very hoarse dehydrated sounding voices!

One of the nightmares was I was being raped by young female children say 8 to 12 year olds
(I'm a guy B.T.W.) they were saying "Oh but we are all eighteen" and started Laughing that one was especially weird in they were biting me as well and drawing blood but I was liking it

WEIRD and Deranged much
edit on 7/5/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: To clean up sentences

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
My life has been a pretty rough nightmare. I had another nightmare whose named started with an L.

Other then that, I had a dream where there were two clowns in a white room. I realized that I was dreaming and that I was dreaming about clowns, which was weird because I'm not afraid of clown, which I also realized in the dream. Whereupon I dreamt of a reason to be afraid of clowns. I was aware of myself lying on my back in bed as the clowns put my head on a chopping block, my face facing downward facing myself lying on my back in bed. I woke up as the clowns chopped off my head and it fell down onto me.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Discovering that my new sweetheart was the daughter of the RMC liaison officer?

Well, if you mean literally a nightmare, one night I had a really awful dream. I was driving a covered wagon across the midwestern prairie as part of a wagon train. Maybe 1850 period.

We were on the lookout for something we were afraid of, I wasn't sure what in the dream, thought it might be Indians. But no. It was horses. Only these horses...had teeth. Not normal horse teeth. It was something like a wolf might have, if it was designed by Stephen King.

And a pack of horses came over the hill, hundreds of them. We circled the wagons but they jumped over into the middle and we were doing hand to hand combat with wild meat-eating horses with crappy lever action rifles and black powder pistols, in a few minutes we were down to hatchets and pitchforks and the horses just rolled over us, biting chunks of meat off their victims the size of porterhouse steaks.

I recall one horse running off with a baby in its mouth. I tried to hide under a wagon but the horses were rocking it back and forth, kicking it to pieces trying to get to me, then I woke up.

I do not have a freaking clue what spawned that dream, but it was one of those I have had repeatedly.

These horses, did they have cat-like traits? I had a daydream once about what I called "horsecats". Basically what you described, with forward-looking eyes and 3 separate toes (with small hooves at the end) rather than single hooves. Quite a terrifying critter.

On topic: I have had waking experiences that were far more terrifying than anything I've dreamed. I've been spared nightmares in this life, it seems.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Mine is seeing the Devil peeing in my restroom in the middle of the night. The look in his eyes when he turned around to look at me still spooks the hell out of me to this day. I took off running and hid under the covers. Ain't going to lie, to this day still don't remember if it was a dream or the real deal.

Peace

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Death, tornadoes, and loss of loved ones.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I woke... and was led to believe the ENERGY CREATOR Creation LOVE & PEACE courses of EA*RTH and the UNIVERSAL zone of Existence of 1z recent Learning's, didn't work and so became that which 1 came and fought so hard not to be... 1 Apollo's Personal, as this type of data if not thought. Can be used against, by some with dream techs. if existing
Acknowledged...

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

Hi Belcastro,i found that bit so sweet,about your dad wanting to give his last 50 bucks.I've had dreams of zombies too,but luckily they never caught me,myself and the people i was with always managed to hide or evade,and be quite a few steps ahead too

Here's a thing that crept me out just for a few seconds the other night,we were watching The Walking Dead,hubby and i,and my daughter was next to us by the other pc-suddenly just for about 3 seconds the electricity went off+the house was pitchdark.Just as i was getting up to switch on the battery-powered light in my room,it came back on-we had a good giggle then,that it happened just as a tense bit was on,at the time.This made me go and check the back door-to find only the wooden door was pulled close,but unlocked-and the safety door was
not even locked at all-I made sure to lock it up for the night right then
but we have 4 dogs+they sleep inside(dogs get poisoned often in my country) so even if a robber came in at the moments of darkness,he would've gotten a toothy surprise

The part about biting the head off Isis was unusual,thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Hi rival,what an unusual nightmare/death dream..being sort of just assimilated.I don't think i would've felt good from that one either
thank you for sharing.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I had this nightmare a couple years ago and it all seemed so real it still gives me chills when I think of it….

I live in Phoenix and it was dark outside but the sky had an orange tint like something in the distance was on fire. I was in a bedroom with my mother and sister and we were all looking out the window watching and waiting. Somehow I knew that something horrible had happened. My sister was crying hysterically and my mother was almost as bad. They just kept asking me why they did it and how did it get this bad.

You know how it is in dreams you know something but you can’t explain how or why you know? This was one of those dreams.

I knew that we had been attacked and the shockwave from the explosion would reach our home in 30 minutes. When the blast or shockwave or whatever reached us we were all going to die and there was nothing we could do to save ourselves. I don’t know who attacked us and I don’t know why I knew we would die in 30 minutes I just knew.

The dream felt so real, it was a terrifying experience to say the least. There was nowhere to run and no place to hide. I woke up before the blast reached us. I didn’t wake up screaming but I was soaked in sweat and I didn’t even attempt going back to sleep, after that dream I didn’t want to go back to sleep.

Like I said it’s been at least two years but I can still remember how it seemed so real. I sure hope it was just a dream and not a premonition.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by XxkingofosirisxX2014

Hi Xxking,i have'nt had good dream recall for many,many months,it frustrated me SO much-because i believe dreams are guides of a sort,they can give such valuable insight,i used to love writing down my dreams,looking at various sources for meanings,but of course also weighing the more traditional meanings up against what a specific thing in a dream symbolises for me,personally,according to my life and psyche and worldview.I felt bereft when i had to go so long with almost zero dream recall,i used to be a prolific dreamer.It frustrated me to no end.Then i changed the position of my bed-and you know,after that it seems my dream recall is slowly coming back,yayy

That's why the dreams that i Do recall from the past year,really stick out,i have different "levels" of dreams,1 being just dreams,dull+mundane ones Or uber-weird ones,like we all sometimes have,that's just a conglomeration of random events and things.2 is what i suspect is astral interdimensional travel,and 3 is what i suspect screen dreams from possible alien abduction.

I KNOW-that eerie feeling,thats what really prompted me to make this thread-i wish there was even a way to describe how terrifying and unsettling that feeling was,that remained when i woke from the vampire nightmare.It was almost tangible,it was the air in my room was ringing with the vibe of it,of something very very bad that just left,but its presence was So bad that left this "miasma" behind.That's why i even left my lamp on for the rest of the night,luckily it was'nt far to dawn,and my hubby is a very early bird,he works in an industry that really goes 24/7.Menacing,menacing vibe.And i'm really not a fraidy-cat person-that's why he teased me so when he came through my room to use my shower-no matter how bad a nightmare,i've always gone back to sleep after with the light off-but there was something wrong with the/in the night,after that nightmare-i will never forget it.Thank you for your reply.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

Hey Starfighter,i hate it when portraits do that in the waking life,i'm glad i have'nt dreamt of it
I would not like that one little bit.I often wonder how the artist gets it so it has the effect of the subject's eyes moving.Thanks for your reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join