It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Asian crisis arrives: Chinese soldiers make military incursion into India- India considers resp

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Interesting indeed! I see noone has mentioned this yet:

en.wikipedia.org...

A MAJOR bone of contention between the two...
Chinese needs the electricity, but if they build it there will be major droughts in India.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
India considers response? Ahm... no. Change title:

Chinese soldiers make military incursion into India - India considers getting her ass kicked in public - Next: Pakistan rejoices.

Besides... China does need some freebie to show its might, and it need a bit of target practice for those new toys of theirs. And since nothing is happening in the korean peninsula might as well test them on some other... well.. friendly neighbor. Of course they rather test all that crap on those damn japanese... but thats ok, you cant always get what you want. (damn you japan why u no attack us with your toy army?)

All in due time.

EDIT: I'm sorry... where was my mind at. Correction: "Pakistan rejoices and joins the ass kicking"
edit on 2-5-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

Do I read correctly or I just sense a tone of "amusement" in your post? Are you enjoying the fact that India is about to get an "ass kick"? I'm no fun of neither country but I cannot share this exaltation which borderlins the stupidity and moronism.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The leaders of most of the countries of the world are a bunch of pussycats. If the army of another country comes into your country 19 kilometers and then denies it, there is a very easy way to proove they are full of #za. Kill them all and leave them where they are to rot. If you are not willing to do that, then you loose the land.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It is a significant development.

It has happened close to next general election in India. China seems to be sending a message to India.

I personally think it is good that China made this move. Better to settle disputes by force than not settling at all.

Leaving festering wounds always leads to loss of limb. Indian government has always tried to be a 'status quo' power which is a mistake. I prefer Indian government to engage in diplomacy of give and take with China. I personally wish to expel Dalai Lama from India as he is a great liability. But the problem is the current ruling family has made big strategic mistakes in the past and is afraid to take action to correct that now.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
China needs a war.

It's easy to see why.

Man has two pastimes: sex and violence.

Either he's thinking about sex, or he's thinking about violence.

Because of the China "one-child" policy, and preference for male children, the population is unbalanced, with many more males than females. There's something like 200,000 to 600,000 young men who can't find a wonan, because "she" was aborted before birth. This means, men's thoughts have to turn to violence.

There are two types of violence: revolution and war.

With revolution, the men rise up against their government, and satisfy their lust for violence by internal conflicts. And with war, men attack foreign entities, and satisfy their need outside their own borders.

So, if the Chinese government wants to avoid a revolution, they have to pick a fight with someone out side their border, to enable that release of pent up passions among their unbalanced male dominated masses.

The question is, who will go to war with China?

India certainly doesn't want to be the patsy. They believe in non-violence. Their idol is Gandhi. Smile and sit. While China has the "Tao", the mixing of :Yin and Yang, for balance restoration.

So, it's no surprise that it's China that is provoking the conflict. They need to "re balance" their population portfolio. Why not claim some extra land while accomplishing that goal, kill two birds with the same stone?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

India certainly doesn't want to be the patsy. They believe in non-violence.

Clearly you dont know India...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

The male female imbalance is actually even much large than that. In ages 15-24 there are 11 million more boys than girls in China. To put that in perspective there are only 6 million girls between ages 15-24 in Japan in total. If every female of that age group in Japan married a Chinese man of the same age group there would still be 5 million Chinese men without a woman. That's how big the female deficit in China is.

www.cia.gov...
edit on 3-5-2013 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Makes you wonder if China knows something that India doesnt, Maybe the land, has a vast amount of natural resources. Why else fight over high altitude land, that really doent have anything on it, maybe under it

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

China is flexing it's muscles and trying to be the big kid on the block, it wants India's resources and territory, it will not stop unless it receives a jolt to it's expansionist plan's, India is alone on this (after the European union went hat in hand to the Chinese for begging bowl rights to the chinese coffers) and China has cultivated a relationship with Pakistan as you know but India also can become the dominant power if it only wakes up, the first move must be to cut off all communication's for the Chinese, put it's nuclear deterrent on standby moving some vehicular atomic launchers into range of Beijing then peform aggressive flyovers of the area with it's fighters after making certain that it has some patriot missile's were they can shoot down any Chinese anti aircraft missile's, then they need to send a clean up unit and order the Chinese to leave or be fired upon the presence of the atomic deterrent would minimise the conflict scale (If we were still in charge it is what we would do and it would work).

This would not heighten tension it would make china think twice especially if India put some of there submarines and anti aircraft destroyers on exercise in the sea of Japan.

If they don't the Chinese will see it as weakness and an excuse to invade, sorry if this does not please the CND but what do you want china has already nearly completed the genocide of the Tibetan people through mass sterilisation and resettlement policy's, they are not the nice guy here so to hell with them.

This high altitude area is of vast strategic importance to the security of either nation so why do you think the Chinese want it if not to dominate India, If these two nations could come to an amicable agreement then this would not be necessary but they can not as China has yet to learn it is not the only big dog in that particular neighbourhood and India has yet to decide if it growls or yelps but the entire future of that region and possible the world rest's on the long term outcome here.
edit on 3-5-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
For Buddha's sake, Save the Dolly Llama!

Darryl Forests

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

Read somewhere that this little area is a staging ground and only access to another major area of 1000 sq km. If China controls this area it can deny India any control over the other bigger area. A very strategic point in military sense.

India should have waited for 2-3 days and then launched a police action to apprehend and imprison the intruding soldiers and send then back are interrogation etc. Now China is building supplies and equipment for more entrenched status. To dislodge them now might require killing several dozens and have a mini battle for few hours.

India should still go ahead and conduct the operation after fair warning that all resources will be used for an efficient operations even if that means air bombing or pulverizing the area with targeted artillery. China would not escalate the situation into a major war. India should further declare that any major war scenario will be dealt with nuclear response given two front situation with China and Pakistan can quickly develop leaving them little options but to use everything in the arsenal. Commies are no good when it comes to real grits and guts.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

Chinese are commies and only thing commies know is to grab land of weaker nations and then flex muscles.

Chinese and Islamics need to be contained in the 21st century. Better for the human race!

Yes, because the peace-loving capitalists are all about live-and-let-live.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Although many people would like india and china go to war, I think such a war is totally unnecessary.

The logical way is to sort out the border issue is with some give and take. India can use Dalai Lama as a bargaining chip.

I still think the chances of a direct India-China war are low, whatever the circumstances.

Even if India loses Aksai Chin to China, it is not a big deal as it is made out to be.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Jay-morris

If that is load of rubbish then good for your thinking!

Er, okay :/

Please tell me when china has been a threat to the world?
China is not the country invading other countries left right
and centre. China have got where they are today without the
need to go to any war. But that will not stop the fear mongerers
talking crap because they just cant handle the fact that china could
be the next super power!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

your comment deserves more attention. super powers don't like being dressed down or belittled in the world's eye. an aggressive move which means very little to the rest of the world, and yet solidifies china's reputation and military might. what is anyone, including us and un, going to do about this? unless there's oil there or a factory churning out wmd, this will be a back page story behind nba playoffs, kim k's pregnancy, and lindsey lohan's failed rehab attempt; in that order.
world is looking at israel's attack and syria's response right now.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Both China and India are nuclear powers. Both have some thermonuclear weapons that can wreak horrendous damage on the other. The Chinese will withdraw.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Please Refer this link to up to date Info on this issue

Chinese Troops Intrude into Indian Territory in Ladakh

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by victor7

Although many people would like india and china go to war, I think such a war is totally unnecessary.

The logical way is to sort out the border issue is with some give and take. India can use Dalai Lama as a bargaining chip.

I still think the chances of a direct India-China war are low, whatever the circumstances.

Even if India loses Aksai Chin to China, it is not a big deal as it is made out to be.

Give and take?

India as a nation lacks will power, and your answer proves it all.

I will have to research on Askai Chin as to where it is and what it is, but why lose anything at all, even 1 km or 1 inch for that matter.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

reply to post by Jay-morris

If that is load of rubbish then good for your thinking!

Er, okay :/

Please tell me when china has been a threat to the world?
China is not the country invading other countries left right
and centre. China have got where they are today without the
need to go to any war. But that will not stop the fear mongerers
talking crap because they just cant handle the fact that china could
be the next super power!

China and superpower? whatever China has become is by riding the back of the western countries by selling them low quality goods produced from 'slave labor' shops. Also, China copies nearly everything out there which it cannot produce.

Copying and cheating and faking and slave laboring are ingredients of only fake superpowers. Soviet Union was one good example. China is following the track of a phantom power which can be brought to knees by only 10% of USAF squadrons and those do not include the F-22s.

China and Superpower???? ehhhhhh.........don't think so!

In true sense only country on course to become a long lasting superpower is United Germany. EU nations are cracking up but Germany is fiscally strong and solid. Russian economy hangs by the energy prices and Russian people siphon away upto $30-35 Billion a year into the foreign bank accounts. Japan is getting very old. India in true sense is lost in time, backward by atleast 20-30 years vis-a-vis western nations.

One or two economic shocks and Chinese balloon will puncture with a loud noise.........

edit on 3-5-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Fundamentally I agree with you.

However India has a problem, and this problem is that border was defined by British empire. The area in question has been surveyed differently on two occasions by the British, so it is not clear how a claim can be determined.

We no longer have British Empire ruling India, so the border dispute has to be either negotiated or settled by force by India and China together.

Please refer to this news item:
www.rediff.com...

You will realize that border problem is much older and some people were expecting trouble last year. However it has happened now with a change in guard in Beijing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join