It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I zoomed in as far as resolution would allow, and that gunner's finger is wrapping the trigger.

Whether or not a loaded weapon should be pointed at innocent civilians is debatable, I assume they are trained personnel.
Wrapping the trigger is above and beyond.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SouthernForkway26

If somebody comes to your door with a gun in your face you are going to let them search your house if you're smart. It doesn't matter if it's the police or a bad guy.

Not necessarily. In a case like boston, I would let them, gun drawn or not. In the case that happened to me, where they were peering over my fence and came to the door, hand on pistol handle, no, I wouldnt, and no, i didnt.

That is NOT a voluntary search.

It is, actually, so long as they ask for your consent.

If somebody uses a gun to 'coerce' another person to have sex with them that is not considered consensual sex, even if the victim would consider consesual sex with that person in a normal situation.

irrelevant.

If I want to look out the window of my house, I can any damn time I please.

Yes, you sure can. And if there is a manhunt going on on your street, and you choose to peer out the windows and aim something at them, you take the risk of getting a gun pointed at you. Pretty simple, really.

f I was there in Boston that day, it is more likely that a SWAT hero would kill me at my window because he is scared out of his boots than a terrorist would.

Perhaps, if you felt the need to act a fool, you are correct. Otherwise, not so much.

How many innocent people did the police in CA shoot in the Cristopher Dorner hunt?
More than one, and they are facing the consequences for that. Which is kind of the point.

I'm not scared enough of a couple random whack-job terrorists to force me into hiding into the center area of my house. I can't say the same about a SWAT team on the search though.

Good for you! Not smart, but more power to ya.

I feel horrible for the families that lost somebody and for all the victims who will suffer with life-changing injuries. Every single sane person wanted these guys caught, but the methods NEED to be changed.
So what are your suggestions?

They went to great lengths to find this kid, and later we found out that it was a person moving about their property AFTER the shutdown order was lifted that discovered him. Who would have thought to look in people's yards for the easy hiding spots first before going door to door to occupied homes, checking up old lady's blouses to see if he might be there.

Yup, and while you all whine and cry about hypothetical infringements on your rights, you are missing what really happened there, and isnt that just a little sad?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Stay inside like good little sheeple, meanwhile the US military is gonna bend you over backwards and deal to your ass. Hence the gun confiscation laws, we can't have ordinary US citizens running around with guns, it makes the military's job much harder to control the sheeple.

Do people realize Sandy Hook, Boston 'bombings' and all the other so-called 'orchestrated by the powers that were' atrocities have been carried out by the US military for a reason? Namely to control sheeple and keep the fear alive.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

They should have just let the man .. I mean, Kid.. go.

If he and his brother had made it to their second destination and blown up hundreds more people. Meh. Freedom.

Who cares. You lot don't. You guys can't even tell the difference between a person who is who is armed, who may be going to meet others, and who certainly has the intent on killing as many random people as possible before being caught, and .. some gang banger who has no intention to do so, or some other criminal who prefers to live to commit crime another day.

If someone pokes their head out of a window and takes a picture, they should have waved at him. Smiled and posed while holding hands. Or maybe they should line up.

The more I read how stupid some people are, the sort of people who walk up a busy freeway screaming "My rights to walk free will not be impinged!" before being cleaned up by a semi. Who then blame the semi. Who forgo common sense.

The more I realise.. just let the evil people do their thing...

Or can I ask one of you disgruntled slaves, what would the best solution have been? Oh I've read the "let the perp go, and let the people find him in a peaceful manner. Like they do on COPS." And when he has potentially killed dozens more, then do you take responsibility? Or do you go back under your rocks and hold your "Da gubmint did it!" flags?

Walking up to a pack of rabid dogs and petting the big one. SMRT. and telling the dog catcher "How dare you tell me I can't pet the puppies. Nice puppies. Aww it bit me, you let it bight me!"

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I no longer will Ever claim to be an American. EVER. I will however, claim to be a HOSTAGE of the Unites States of ABSURDISTAN. This # makes me so fuming angry that I cant even post on it here because it would be censured to the max.

You know what, that PUNK in the tank, yes was just HOPING for some little kid to shoot...the little pissy man, typical yes NAZI SCUM GARBAGE that was hand selected by the Mengele military docs for Just this type of mission. There are stories of these PUNKS slamming women into walls, yep, when they are NOT raping their own (our daughters) or KIDS in ther lands, they are Training to do that Here in YOUR home that YOU, NOT THEM! YOU, pay for. To protect YOU from the other TERRORIST PUNKS THEY PROBABLY TRAINED. But now YOU, BOSTON, have the TAXATION WITH YES

NO

REPRESENTATION!

So bend over , CHEER when they Storm into your HOME and gang rape your THREE year old daughter or son, remember to CHEER,

And then PAY YOUR TAXES TO THEM.

As for me, I HATE THEM, I HATE TSA! I HATE OUR GOVERNMENT! I HATE ALL THEM TRAITORS!

And I can Understand, why they WORLD HATES THEM TOO. BULLIES, THIEVING! RAPING! MURDERING BULLIES.

And I'm what is considered a Way out there Leftie...one does not have to be a conservative to see that yes, that are

SATAN.

May they all ROT IN HELL.
edit on 27-4-2013 by ThreeBears because: Misspelling

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Got a bit of anger in ya eh?

Well that is too damn bad, just because you and some others want to give your rights away doesn't mean the rest of us do.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by winofiend

Got a bit of anger in ya eh?

Well that is too damn bad, just because you and some others want to give your rights away doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Don't give away your rights by consenting to searches.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Consent by intimidation?

Yes, you are allowing them in, but if that is the argument you are going to use for "consenting" then welcome to the beginning of tyranny.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Consent by intimidation?

Yes, you are allowing them in, but if that is the argument you are going to use for "consenting" then welcome to the beginning of tyranny.

Is the situation intimidating? Sure it is. However, when you say no I will not consent it gives you a legal challenge. Otherwise you are throwing those out the window. Sometimes you gotta stand up, no matter how scared you are.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

As for WHY I HATE them, the fact that anyone would Eeeeeeevvvvvvvveeeeeeennnnnnn. Have to go to great lengths to

explain to Anyone what is Wrong with this Police Junta Rule Garbage in THIS Republic,

Just goes to show how DUMBED DOWN most really are, BRAINWASHED SLAVES, he'll not even Slaves because SLAVES KNEW.....KNEW

They were slaves. Most in ABSURDISTAN are to STUPID to know they are Slaves.

These MAGGOTS have DEFILED EVERY, EVERY principle THIS Republic was Founded upon, I WISH there was a Resurrection because I'd LOVE to see Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, oh bring back Thomas Paine,

And HANG THEM ALL.

I'll get the ROPE.

Aaaarrrrrgggggg. You should KNOW you're screwed when a Former Commie such as myself Yes tells you, you are Under a TOTALITARIAN THUG SYSTEM

And they ain't even for the WORKERS. Damn NAZI SCUM is what they are

I will close with this,

To the PUNK aiming that gun, that could have been a CHILD in the window piece of trigger bragging happy jerk

To the PUNKS slamming WOMEN! ELDERLY! INTO WALLS,

REMEMBER THIS...NAZIS were brought down before, and they can DO IT AGAIN

NEVER FORGET. BERLIN 1945. NEVER FORGET. You got your asses kicked then, and I promise you, One day, people will get Smart and FED UP with your TYRANNY, and they'll Hang that Flag again over your sorry asses, may not be the Same Flag, but it will be the VICTORY FLAG.

(I'd post but, refer to the historical image of RUSSIA sorting into Germany, WWII, hanging their flag...I live that image, THUG BULLIES WILL get their KARMA, it's just TOO bad, that most Americans worship these Beast scum. Sad, but there is many AWAKE who do not, from ALL walks, one day,

WE WILL RISE. And tyranny will be the one BOWING.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I looked at the picture but did not see any police, all I saw was military personnel, military weapons and military vehicles with a solder aiming his weapon at the photographer. Thank God I don't live in the USA, it's a defacto police state. Granted this occurred after the Boston bombing but the use of full military combat gear, insanity.

The OP stated the USA was heading down a dangerous path, sorry OP your already down the path and past the point of no return, open your eyes. Even one of your Senators told you two or three years ago that if you could leave the country to do so then before it was to late. Did any of you listen, NO, and now you complain.

I see thread after thread of posters complaining about the loss of their rights yet do nothing to prevent it. The Constitution and Bill of Rights are nothing more than a piece of paper unless YOU enforce it. Sadly all that you do is complain and now they (the government) have wiped their bum with it and gave you the middle finger.

I guess Ben Franklin was right, when you trade your freedom for security you deserve neither freedom or security. Enjoy the New USA, the land of the oppressed and scared.

Sorry for the rant but the picture said it all.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
Using your scope to identify possible targets when civilians are 1000 times as prevavlent as potential targets is shear idiocy. That's even taught in Hunter Safety courses regarding hunting game. If you're being fired upon actively, then it's a different story.

My 12 year old learned that in hunter safety. It doesn't matter if you are a "pro" accidents happen. What a moron.

Comparing hunters safety to active shooter scenarios (which is what this was) is a stretch at best, and downright dishonest at worst.

Aiming a gun at a civilian is ridiculous. That is how accidents happen. Serve and protect, not aim and hope. PS-I was calling the irresponsible cop a moron, in case people got the wrong idea.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

You know what, that PUNK in the tank, yes was just HOPING for some little kid to shoot

And you know this....how? And who exactly did he shoot? If he was itching for it so badly, and we have this pick to prove that he had his chance, why didnt he?

the little pissy man, typical yes NAZI SCUM GARBAGE that was hand selected by the Mengele military docs for Just this type of mission

Source? How do you feel about the national guard when they deliver aid during a hurricane? Of dig people out after an earthquake?

There are stories of these PUNKS slamming women into walls, yep, when they are NOT raping their own (our daughters) or KIDS in ther lands, they are Training to do that Here in YOUR home that YOU, NOT THEM! YOU, pay for.

Source? Wait, nevermind...this is completely irrelevant, so dont bother.

Eh...I cant even finish the post....this is just scary...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Aiming a gun at a civilian is ridiculous. That is how accidents happen. Serve and protect, not aim and hope. PS-I was calling the irresponsible cop a moron, in case people got the wrong idea.

If they know, in fact, that it is a civilian, then sure, its ridiculous. I refer you, again, to my very first post on this thread.

If there is an active search for a very dangerous person going on, and an officer sees the movement of movement in a window and something being pointed at them, the first thing they are going to do is aim back, until they can identify their target. Its pretty simple.

Now, if someone can show me anything that shows that this person kept their gun trained after the target was identified as a civilian, or that he had knowledge that this was a civilian in the first place, I may change my tune.

Until then, all we have is an out of context picture showing a very logical reaction in the situation, blind accusations without backing, and rants about the SS and gestapo.
edit on 27-4-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

If you didn't give consent I would imagine they are coming in anyway although that is just speculation from my experience in IL.

In my most offensive instance, I was pulled over and refused to exit the vehicle (no reason for me to, cop 'smelled marijuana' but there was none). I asked why I needed to get out the cop said those are his orders and he would physically remove me if I didn't come out, and that is exactly what happened next. Once I was out of the vehicle, I was handcuffed as he ran-sacked my truck (apparently consent to search in IL once you have exited your vehicle). I ended up with an illegal lane usage ticket, a busted chin and bloody elbow. I tried to file a harassment charge the next day of course nothing ever happened. I will never forget how violated I felt after that whole situation, and that is one factor in the basis of my opinion.

reply to post by captaintyinknots

In a case like boston, I would let them, gun drawn or not. In the case that happened to me, where they were peering over my fence and came to the door, hand on pistol handle, no, I wouldnt, and no, i didnt.

If you consent to a search then that is your perogative. If I don't then I shouldn't have to without a warrant. Nor should I be more persecuted or scrutinized because I don't give concent.

If somebody uses a gun to 'coerce' another person to have sex with them that is not considered consensual sex, even if the victim would consider consesual sex with that person in a normal situation.

captaintyinknots: irrelevant.

In both scenarios, the 'consent' is made out of fear that naturally comes with looking at the business end of a gun. If your decision is different than it would be because somebody is pointing a gun at you, than it is not consent. It is along the lines of using torture methods to get a confession (real or not) out of a person.

Yes, you sure can. And if there is a manhunt going on on your street, and you choose to peer out the windows and aim something at them, you take the risk of getting a gun pointed at you. Pretty simple, really.

I (as well as most) was taught the most important rule that is to never point a gun at anything unless you are ready to shoot it, not point at it, then then try to identify what your target is. This shows incompetence in a situation where there isn't room for any.

Perhaps, if you felt the need to act a fool, you are correct. Otherwise, not so much.

Looking out my window isn't acting foolish enough to be 1/2 inch away on a trigger finger from being dead in any situation.

So what are your suggestions?

I am not in the law enforcement field, so my knowledge of tools and techniques is limited. A million person lockdown to find one guy is not the answer though. There are potentially a million more pairs of eyes to find this guy if they aren't stuck at home. THAT will restrict his movement more than a lockdown.

Yup, and while you all whine and cry about hypothetical infringements on your rights, you are missing what really happened there, and isnt that just a little sad?

The infringement wasn't hypothetical. You are right, I am missing what really happened from your point of view. I see a manhunt that trampled all over people's rights and then coming up empty handed in the end.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Any movement under these circumstances is going to attract the powerful end of a weapon. It's common sense. They were looking for an allegedly armed and allegedly dangerous man. Don't give them any reason to think you might be him.

Fixed.

Looking out your own window is a "reason to think you might be him"?

What else might be considered suspicious, breathing?

Alleged breathing....

And the soldier was allegedly pointing his weapon at the person in the window.

WE MUST BE POLITICALLY CORRECT! There is no other option, this is the United States of the Offended.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeBears

WE WILL RISE. And tyranny will be the one BOWING

So...we will just trade one tyranny for another? Nice......

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Seeing pictures like this has me very worried about the state of our country.
For the record I think law enforcement did a good job at catching the guy.
But some of the methods used should worry all Americans that things are changing, and possibly for the worse.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SouthernForkway26

If you consent to a search then that is your perogative. If I don't then I shouldn't have to without a warrant.
As is your right.

Nor should I be more persecuted or scrutinized because I don't give concent.
Says who? You feel you have every right to scrutinize police actions. Why are you immune? And really..persecute? Come on now. Sensationalism helps nothing.

In both scenarios, the 'consent' is made out of fear that naturally comes with looking at the business end of a gun. If your decision is different than it would be because somebody is pointing a gun at you, than it is not consent. It is along the lines of using torture methods to get a confession (real or not) out of a person.
I dont agree whatsoever, but, as I have stated numerous times, I am also not okay with intimidation tactics.

I (as well as most) was taught the most important rule that is to never point a gun at anything unless you are ready to shoot it, not point at it, then then try to identify what your target is. This shows incompetence in a situation where there isn't room for any.

Were you trained for tactical response to situations like this? If not, how YOU were trained is not really relevant.

Looking out my window isn't acting foolish enough to be 1/2 inch away on a trigger finger from being dead in any situation.
It is when there are shooters and bombers around. The glass in your house probably isnt bullet proof. Not the smartest thing to make yourself a target. On top of that, it really isnt the smartest thing to give the cops one more thing that they have to pay attention to in such a tense situation.

But again, if you want to act a fool in a situation like this, you have the right. But there are risks that come with it.

I am not in the law enforcement field, so my knowledge of tools and techniques is limited. A million person lockdown to find one guy is not the answer though. There are potentially a million more pairs of eyes to find this guy if they aren't stuck at home. THAT will restrict his movement more than a lockdown.

So, in other words, you can offer no alternatives. Only critiques. Not too productive, but it is easy to play armchair quarterback, huh?

The infringement wasn't hypothetical. You are right, I am missing what really happened from your point of view. I see a manhunt that trampled all over people's rights and then coming up empty handed in the end.
If its not hyposthetical, then show me something to back the accusation that rights were infringed. So far, none of you have. Youve danced around it, youve tried to make it about those of us that look at it logically, youve made false accusations, youve used sensationalistic labels...but none of you have offered that golden little thing called proof.

But at least you admit that you are missing the point. I give you props for that.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Here's a question for those that have a huge issue with this pic:

What would you do if the shoe was on the other foot?

You are part of a tactical team tasked with catching someone who is willing to kill a lot of people. You are clearing a street. Suddenly, you see the curtain on a window pull back. You see a shadow of a figure through it. That figure raises something to eye level, pointed right at you.

Would you assume "oh, its just some guy taking a picture", or would you think "it is possible this is the suspect. I need to have him in my sights until I know it is safe".

I mean really. Lets think for a second people.

Yes, let's think. Weapons are mechanical instruments, and mechanical instruments have a tendency to fail. Would you accept your argument if a child that is close to you pulled back the blinds and the weapon went off, killing him?

I'm sorry, but this action is wrong on many levels - moral, constitutional, safety, etc....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join