It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside.

page: 40
<< 37  38  39   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Originally posted by 762x39

Originally posted by spock51
This is still going, huh? Wow.
Inverselyproportional, you have a good head on your shoulders. Rational, concise and correct as far as I am concerned. You are debating with folks from not only a non gun culture, but one many generations removed from the necessity to be totally self reliant and capable of taking care of one's self without outside help.
As a former police officer during the 70's and early 80's, I still like to believe that the primary mission of the Police was to serve and protect not only the public's safety but also their rights as citizens. It was my job to go into the diciest situations and keep the peace WITHOUT trampling all over someone's rights in the process.
My very last night in uniform, I was called to an unknown disturbance at a private residence and walked into a room with a gun in every corner, on every table and even across the old man's knees as he sat in his easy chair glaring at me. Some of the "logic" I am hearing here would dictate that I draw my service revolver and put the crazy old SOB on the ground or even shoot him. Did I have that right? I still say no to this day. The act of sitting in a chair with a shotgun lying on your knees in your own home is not a crime, rather like looking out your own window is not a crime, eh? (Except in Boston.) Long story made short is that it was a despondent, elderly widower grieving his departed wife on the anniversary of her death. In my world, you make no threat, overt or implied, to a citizen based on an act or action that is completely legal. It is not about JUST physical safety, but also the preservation of the dignity and rights of those you serve. I enforced the laws, served the public and protected the rights of everyone ONLY with the consent of those same people. Without them, I am irrelevant.

I know this isn't a place for one liners, but there isn't really much else to say. Thank you, sir.

Ya, what they both said! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spock, please sir, you flatter me too much, I am not so wise as to say these words because they are mine alone, this is years of training talking, along with 35 years of living the life of a free man, that does exercise my rights, as if you don't use them, surely you will lose them.

So as much as I would love to claim credit, and stroke my ego, these words were taught to me by the true heroes and patriots, the founders, and those that fought and died before we lived, so we might one day have the freedom to voice our opposition to such acts.

IMHO, it is your sir, that shows great strength of character and wisdom.

I am merely stating the truth as I see it, and that same truth belongs not to me, but all men that would live free a good lives.

Thank you both for your kind responses.
Go ahead and stroke your ego, you are wise enough to know truth when you see it.
There will always be those who try to apply two dimensional solutions to a three dimensional world. It is a huge challenge to remember that they are not wrong, just incomplete.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I am really scared.
It only JUST NOW occurred to me that there are dangers in the world.
Why, someone could pour a flammable substance on my porch and burn my house while my family is sleeping.
A person could build a bomb out of commonly available items and blow up something near me.
A bus driver could be a jihadist, and take me and a busload of other travelers over a cliff!
I NEED the federal government to lock down the entire nation.

OMG! Help me federal government!!! Help me before a criminal gets me!!!!

Oh, and BTW....

During this permanent nationwide lockdown, bring me the following things (for free, since I won't be going to work any more):

-Food (which will run out, farmers must be locked down also)
-Water (and get some soldiers or cops to man the municipal water facilities... so the water doesn't run out)
-Toilet paper, soap, etc...
- AND when I get sick, send some Obamacare doctors that are soldiers or cops to make me all better.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I can't help but wonder -- would you feel differently if it was your son who lost his life, blown to bits at eight years old, or your loving daughter who lost her limbs?

Would you feel some need or desire for revenge or justice? Or would you insist that we live in a free society and people should be permitted to execute these types of events if they so choose?

Seriously, how would you handle it?

No, I wouldn't feel any different. I wouldn't support martial law like this under any circumstances.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I did not read the whole 40 pages, sorry for that.
But I try to make a point and hope it get´s recognized.

First, adressing the OP, if you do not want to get shot by accident, its a good advice.
Second, the picture. I would like to know how long he´s been aiming at the guy taking the photo.
If it´s just a quick look, recognize and go on timeframe, why would I mind. I would start to worry about those guys when the barrel keeps aimed at me while the vehicle moves forward and out of sight.

Then I would be worried about the guy´s mental stability. Sacrificing the time to scare another instead of focusing on the real job.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 762x39

Originally posted by spock51
This is still going, huh? Wow.
Inverselyproportional, you have a good head on your shoulders. Rational, concise and correct as far as I am concerned. You are debating with folks from not only a non gun culture, but one many generations removed from the necessity to be totally self reliant and capable of taking care of one's self without outside help.
As a former police officer during the 70's and early 80's, I still like to believe that the primary mission of the Police was to serve and protect not only the public's safety but also their rights as citizens. It was my job to go into the diciest situations and keep the peace WITHOUT trampling all over someone's rights in the process.
My very last night in uniform, I was called to an unknown disturbance at a private residence and walked into a room with a gun in every corner, on every table and even across the old man's knees as he sat in his easy chair glaring at me. Some of the "logic" I am hearing here would dictate that I draw my service revolver and put the crazy old SOB on the ground or even shoot him. Did I have that right? I still say no to this day. The act of sitting in a chair with a shotgun lying on your knees in your own home is not a crime, rather like looking out your own window is not a crime, eh? (Except in Boston.) Long story made short is that it was a despondent, elderly widower grieving his departed wife on the anniversary of her death. In my world, you make no threat, overt or implied, to a citizen based on an act or action that is completely legal. It is not about JUST physical safety, but also the preservation of the dignity and rights of those you serve. I enforced the laws, served the public and protected the rights of everyone ONLY with the consent of those same people. Without them, I am irrelevant.

I know this isn't a place for one liners, but there isn't really much else to say. Thank you, sir.

+1 bump, agreed

Thank you spock you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong.

Looking into a window from the outside in daylight it can be difficult to "see" who or what is on the other side due to the outside being a lighter environment than the inside - let alone the reflection from the glass itself.

However, looking through 3x magnification (or what ever it may be) aim assist one can get a better indication of what may be lurking in the dark.

'If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside' = Don't make yourself look suspicious by holding a black metallic object in front of your body with a reflective lens!

It is not visible in this photo but the guys finger probably isn't even on the trigger - and as their weapons are cleaned meticulously I doubt there is any chance it'll go off on its own.

There is no danger here - just someone trying to make a mountain out of... well nothing really.

~ CrzayFool

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Clearly no-one was shot though - that's the point. It takes a finger to squeeze a trigger!

I have half your weapons experience and I know that.

[snipped]

Don't go near windows when there is a terrorist on the loose! It's that simple...

After this photo was taken did the guy die? Did the Soldier/Cop keep his weapon trained on the camera guy? How long was he trained on him? Was he simply scanning across all the windows and this photo is simply taken at the right time?

What would have happened if the soldier/cop hadn't been on the ball and got his face ripped off by a bullet form the guy inside with the "camera" - that at the time no-one knew was a camera? We'd be reading another ATS thread about that too.

In your opinion - 'there is no place in the world for people who argue for the sake of argument' so follow what you believe...

~ CrzayFool

edit on Mon May 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39   >>

join