It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

What Constitutional words are you suggesting I am ignorant of? Educate me.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I am half way around the world so I cant fully understand what you people in the US are going through, yet almost on a daily basis we hear of gang related shootings, murders etc in America, quite often there are manhunts, usually controlled by special forces of an alphabet group variety but to see that pic in a suburban street seeking a single
bomber makes my blood run cold.
That looks to me to be the beginning of martial law, that armoured vehicle and all the soldiers in fatigues wouldn't be out of place in a war zone and they were seeking one single bomber, I take it that there were more than one of these groups patrolling the streets at this time.
I feel sad for you people and also for the world as if it can happen in the land of the free, none of us are safe from this facsism.
This is not protection of the people, this is control by force. And this is a show of strength by a government agency using the military as its tool. Total overkill and sadly the shape of things to come.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Originally posted by squidboy
Not attacking you Benevolent, but it's just a scarey thought anyone would see this photo and say, basically "so what, don't look our your window."

I didn't exactly say "SO what?". Looking at the photo gave me a chill. I've never had a weapon pointed at me and the view is pretty scary. However, I thought FURTHER and under the circumstances, I can totally understand how this happened. If the photographer HAD been the alleged criminal, and the shooter didn't take proper aim, I'd think it was a lot worse.

I'm just being pragmatic, not emotionally driven.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What I sure won't do and I'm horrified to see anyone even JOKE about is stand in an upper window with a camera while making faces. It's one thing to express my dislike but quite another to hold up something that cannot necessarily be distinguished from a rifle scope or mounted optics on a rifle. From street level and with a split second to make that distinction? That's an exceptionally dangerous game to play with guys that have no sense of humor during a crisis such as that, IMO.

Agreed and I'm glad to see you're a brave street watcher, too.
Although, I still believe that the proper protocol would be for these militarized LEOs to motion to the other jack boots that they see someone suspicious in a window possibly brandishing a weapon, then surround the place and enter as they've been trained to do. This is still the US and they can't start firing on civilians the way they do in Afghanistan and other places.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

So, you have issue with non-violent police searches, but you think it would be just fine to blow up six cops ASKING if they could have your permission to search, and murder another?

Again, if you are that anti-cop, you are a major part of the problem, and need to realize the hypocritical nature of such a stance.
edit on 27-4-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Apr 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What Constitutional words are you suggesting I am ignorant of? Educate me.

How about freedom? How about the fact that our military is to be used ONLY for defense and "NOT PROMOTING DEMOCRACY IN COUNTRIES WHO DON"T WANT IT?".........Where in the Constitution does it say that "Nation building" is a mandate of a free Republic????

How about the FACT that the Federal military should NEVER be used in the streets of America against it's citizens????

But hey! I know it is hard to stick up for Obama, when everything he has done has been nothing more than ramp up the scale of the police state the Bush started! It just amazes me that you are on ATS defending our current POTUS while bashing those whom disagree with his policies!

But you go ahead and keep on sticking up for a "police state" and then turn around and act obtusely to my previous post to you!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.Benjamin Franklin

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

So, you have issue with non-violent police searches, but you think it would be just fine to blow up six cops ASKING if they could have your permission to search, and murder another?

Again, if you are that anti-cop, you are a major part of the problem, and need to realize the hypocritical nature of such a stance.

What is non violent about having your family forcefully ejected from you home at gun point???

What did I say that makes you think I am anti cop? The fact that I proposed a military strategy to be used against those whom use their power to violate the Constitution??????

Are you even an American citizen???

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

How about the FACT that the Federal military should NEVER be used in the streets of America against it's citizens????

What branch of the military was deployed in Boston? I ask this in all seriousness.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

What is non violent about having your family forcefully ejected from you home at gun point???

What did I say that makes you think I am anti cop? The fact that I proposed a military strategy to be used against those whom use their power to violate the Constitution??????

1)Please provide sources for those that you claim were forcefully ejected from their home. most accounts that I have read specifically state that permission was asked.

2)You said you would blow up cops who were knocking on your door. That is as anti-cop as it gets.

3)Yes, I sure am, born and raised, all my life. Nice try though

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
By some of these comments it would appear that liberty and freedom are dead in America.

Constitution, what is that......we have to "change" that.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by snowspirit

I realise this is Britian but they just seem to lead the curve

From today, anyone taking a photograph of a police officer could be deemed to have committed a criminal offence.

That is because of a new law - Section 76 of the Counter Terrorism Act - which has come into force.

It permits the arrest of anyone found "eliciting, publishing or communicating information" relating to members of the armed forces, intelligence services and police officers, which is "likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism".

That means anyone taking a picture of one of those people could face a fine or a prison sentence of up to 10 years

news.bbc.co.uk...

Crazy stuff. We've had cops convicted of wrong doing here, from videos and pics. I hope that never happens here. If it does, people will need those stragetically secretly placed video cams to ensure those cops keep behaving. We need cameras with corrupt cops.
Dash cams like in Russia might become very popular ....

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

1)Please provide sources for those that you claim were forcefully ejected from their home. most accounts that I have read specifically state that permission was asked.

2)You said you would blow up cops who were knocking on your door. That is as anti-cop as it gets.

Have seen this argument a few times, and let me ask you, if there were a couple dozen heavily armed swat outside your door with body armor and armored vehicles.....what would you do if they start pounding on your door.

You can either go Rambo and get your ass handed to you, or you open the door. From what I have seen in videos, many people were not happy about the police tactics used.....no they didn't force their way in, they just used intimidation.

edit on 27-4-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I know you feel very passionately about matters and I can respect that 100%. At the same time. what you're advocating here is Capital Murder 6x's over as an example. I don't hear you saying you'd envision a scenario of RETURNING fire to a tragedy started by overzealous law enforcement ..but that you'd deliberately open the killing and with forward thinking and planning before they came to your home.

AS I noted, the Federal Medical Center for Prisons isn't that far from me (and we'll leave it at that for detail
) so this is absolutely not 100% theory for me. The Compound wall that was blown out at the Benghazi, Libya consulate ..well BEFORE Stevens was murdered in the final attack ...was done by a group demanding the release of the Blind Sheikh who helped plan and encourage the 1993 bombing attack against the World Trade Center.

That man has been, at different times, housed at that medical center I've driven right past, countless times. It's not impossible that his die hard supporters could be more ....direct... someday. (It's located right INSIDE the city...not some distant and remote spot like most prisons are)

I won't be murdering police officers who are chasing the terrorist scumbags that might have initiated an attack to spring the Super-Terrorists from his medical suite.

link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
By some of these comments it would appear that liberty and freedom are dead in America.

Liberty and freedom come with responsibility. Everyone wants the cops around when they are the victim of a crime. But no one wants to help them when they need it.

Sometimes, as members of a society, we have to do our part. Sometimes that means helping the police.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Liberty and freedom come with responsibility. Everyone wants the cops around when they are the victim of a crime. But no one wants to help them when they need it.

Sometimes, as members of a society, we have to do our part. Sometimes that means helping the police.

Yes, helping the police. Why couldn't they simply keep on releasing the suspects picture, let the public call in sightings. Get an specific location the suspect is in then go from there. Like they do with every other violent criminal.

link   

More than likely it was your post where you said this:

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

You didn't have to use any of those words at all, yet you did. Pretty much a dead give away about how you feel about law enforcement. You feel they are "Gestapo", "Morons", "Anti-Freedom Pigs", and "Idiots".

Your post also suggests offering violence and "kill them first" attitude.

So tell me......how often do you go around posting on forums about how you are going to kill cops? Is this normal behavior for you?

link   

Did you watch the video of the people coming out of their houses with their hands over their heads with guns pointed at them???

Yes, you are correct that I most certainly would protect myself from ANY law enforcement officer OR military personnel whom would violate the Constitution that they took an "OATH" to uphold (as did I) to protect myself!!!!

So if you are a US citizen, then why are you acting so ignorant as to the words of our Constitution????? Or our you one of these "Progressives" whom actually believe in this so called "New World Order"????

I would say "Nice try though" as you did, but I would prefer for you to keep showing your ignorance as to the words of our "Founding Fathers"! Because obviously, you are so scared of the boogie man terrorists, that you are willing to give up what freedoms you have left!

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Wow. When close to 50% of a website like ATS thinks it's a good idea to hide in your home and don't dare look out a window because the streets are crawling with military presence and guns are pointed at you just for taking a picture, then I know that the end of this country as it once was is dangerously near.

I'm so darned tired of the argument that "nobody was forced out of their homes, it was voluntary". What a steaming pile of bovine excrement. You get a bunch of trigger happy guys in full military gear pointing an automatic weapon in your face, you're probably going to let them do whatever. If you said no and closed the door on their face, how much you wanna bet they're gonna knock that door down, knock you down to the floor, tase you or even worse if you resist in your own home, and then trash the place because you "acted suspicious".

I don't care WHAT the reason is: Terrorist bomber, gang member, killer, drugs, whatever. There are rights which were, until the last 10 years, held sacred in this country, and made us great. Those rights are now being trampled, and a bunch of government apologists want us to obey and to cower, while we lick the boot that's stomping on our neck.

I'll be damned before I agree with what is happening. If you want to be powerless cattle, then you are part of the destruction. Some people will always have Stockholm Syndrome, and worship their captors.

They should be embarrassed to call themselves Americans.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Have seen this argument a few times, and let me ask you, if there were a couple dozen heavily armed swat outside your door with body armor and armored vehicles.....what would you do if they start pounding on your door.

You can either go Rambo and get your ass handed to you, or you open the door.

The thing is, it is a situational question. If I felt there was no reason they needed to search it, you're darn right I would refuse a search. I have refused a police search before, and guess what? They didnt illegally search me.

In a situation like Boston, I would agree to the search. You know why? Just becuase you have the right to refuse a search, does not mean it is ALWAYS the correct thing to do. For the police to find this suspect, they needed as much help from the people as they could get. If I knew they couldnt clear my street with certainty if they did not search my house, seems the logical thing to do would be to let them search.

Again, sometimes, as a member of a free society, we have to do our part to help.

Go rambo and get your ass handed to you? Funny, that didnt happen to me when I refused a police search.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join