It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+59 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Its too dangerous...

I apologize if this image has already been posted though even if it has, its probably worth a second look.

When I first saw it, I was at a loss for words.

Clearly, the photographer was using his camera, was that his crime, taking a pic?

Is the threat of lethal force appropriate for taking a picture?

There are a variety of suppositions and hypotheticals that we can discuss here but irregardless, IMHO "America" is heading down a very disturbing path...

edit on 27-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/29/2013 by Majic because: minor spelling correction in title

+75 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Funny, he can point a gun at you, but you can NOT point a gun at him...

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What disturbing path is that?

Advising people not to go outside because there is a terrorist on the run willing to do anything to escape?

+57 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Clearly, the photographer was using his camera, was that his crime, taking a pic?

No one said there was a crime. Was the photographer arrested?

Your title is actually very good advice. If your town is on lock-down and there's a military presence in the street outside your house, it's a REALLY good idea to stay away from the doors and windows. Any movement under these circumstances is going to attract the powerful end of a weapon. It's common sense. They were looking for an armed and dangerous man. Don't give them any reason to think you might be him.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Funny, he can point a gun at you, but you can NOT point a gun at him...

Or any type of picture/video taking apparatus either...
That'll get ya shot.

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I wasnt referring to the idea of staying safe from an alleged criminal, although I found the trigger happy cops to be more of a concern.

No, I was referring to a small battalion of soldiers patrolling the streets while one of them points a gun at you.

edit on 27-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

+55 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Using your scope to identify possible targets when civilians are 1000 times as prevavlent as potential targets is shear idiocy. That's even taught in Hunter Safety courses regarding hunting game. If you're being fired upon actively, then it's a different story.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
what are the odds "gunny" spent time in Iraq ( or a similar war zone )?
perfect training for boston

link   
Valid thread, and noted. Cheers.

link   
And Samuel said, “What then is this bleating of the sheep in my ears and the lowing of the oxen that I hear?” I Samuel 15:14 (ESV)

+48 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Any movement under these circumstances is going to attract the powerful end of a weapon. It's common sense. They were looking for an allegedly armed and allegedly dangerous man. Don't give them any reason to think you might be him.

Fixed.

Looking out your own window is a "reason to think you might be him"?

What else might be considered suspicious, breathing?

+42 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Here's a question for those that have a huge issue with this pic:

What would you do if the shoe was on the other foot?

You are part of a tactical team tasked with catching someone who is willing to kill a lot of people. You are clearing a street. Suddenly, you see the curtain on a window pull back. You see a shadow of a figure through it. That figure raises something to eye level, pointed right at you.

Would you assume "oh, its just some guy taking a picture", or would you think "it is possible this is the suspect. I need to have him in my sights until I know it is safe".

I mean really. Lets think for a second people.

+38 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Your title is actually very good advice. If your town is on lock-down and there's a military presence in the street outside your house, it's a REALLY good idea to stay away from the doors and windows. Any movement under these circumstances is going to attract the powerful end of a weapon. It's common sense. They were looking for an armed and dangerous man. Don't give them any reason to think you might be him

Just the kind of advice I would expect from someone whom is so oblivious to the actual words written in the Constitution!!!! Your advice is not only cowardly, but totally against the word and laws written by our countries founding fathers! As our country, falls further into the grasp of the illegitimate criminals we call the government, remember this, it is the attitudes of citizens like you, whom have allowed this to happen!

Give yourself a pat on the back! Yet we wonder why the government has been able to destroy our country....

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Quote that I posted in another thread that is very valid to this one, too:

The thing that people seem to fail to realize when looking at these events, is that so many people, just like so many cops, create the 'us vs. them' mentality. So many people will blatantly disregard something as soon as they find out it came from a cop. So many people will hear the cops making public announcements, and say 'forget that, I'm doing the opposite", so many people see a police presence and automatically say 'martial law!'. So many people hear the cops asking for help, and decide they would rather cheer for legitimately evil people.

Then you have cops like this, who basically have the mindset of 'get out of our way and dont ask questions'. Ive said it so many times, the day that it switched from 'to serve and protect' to 'law enforcement' was a very dark day in this country.

But reality SHOULD lie somewhere in the middle. We all admit that a police force is necessary in a civilized community. But we also need to realize that for the police to do their job in extreme circumstances requires some help (not obedience, help) from the people. And the people should be willing to give it. And the police need to get back to knowing their role. And knowing that they work FOR and WITH the people, not against them.

This society belongs to all of us. And we should all act accordingly.

If you automatically oppose anything that has to do with the police, keep in mind, that you are a major part of the problem, not the solution.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Do we even know how old the photographer is?
How many of you would change your tune to "this is all fine and dandy" to "no way!" if the person taking the picture was a 10 year old boy or girl?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

To be honest, I dont think they would care.

I dunno whats going on...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Do we even know how old the photographer is?
How many of you would change your tune to "this is all fine and dandy" to "no way!" if the person taking the picture was a 10 year old boy or girl?

Not in the least. See my first post in that thread. Do you think a shadowy figure peering out a window is automatically easily identifiable as far as age, sex, skin color, etc? No.

What if it HAD been a shooter? What if the officer did not have his weapon trained, and people got killed because of it. What would you say then?

+30 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by gladtobehere

No one said there was a crime. Was the photographer arrested?

Your title is actually very good advice. If your town is on lock-down and there's a military presence in the street outside your house, it's a REALLY good idea to stay away from the doors and windows. Any movement under these circumstances is going to attract the powerful end of a weapon. It's common sense. They were looking for an armed and dangerous man. Don't give them any reason to think you might be him.

Not attacking you Benevolent, but it's just a scarey thought anyone would see this photo and say, basically "so what, don't look our your window." Defending an automatic weapon being aimed at a innocent bystander for looking outside a window on private property. Seriously? You support that?

They were looking for one suspect (something that the police on cops do within minutes). They were not fighting an army. Last time I checked we are not a war zone (despite what NDAA might say). This photo is surreal, and not normal.

We are no longer a free people.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Pssht, you cant even refuse entry into your own home...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Danbones

Pssht, you cant even refuse entry into your own home...

Yes, yes you can. If they have no warrant, you have every right to refuse.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join