It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your city is on "lock-down", do NOT look outside.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Your title is actually very good advice. If your town is on lock-down and there's a military presence in the street outside your house, it's a REALLY good idea to stay away from the doors and windows.

If I was there, I would be more afraid of them than the terrorist.

This is no longer the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.
I see nothing Free in this event where people are not able to come and go as the please. It is their responsibility and freedom if they wish to move about.

I also see no brave people on the streets there that would jump at the sight of a shadow and start letting the bullets fly.

If that photographer was shot and killed, you would have some defending that here.

+5 more 
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Theres an armed convoy rolling down the street and there are some who cant understand that people might peer out their windows...

edit on 27-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

This is how Nazi germany started.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by Afterthought
Do we even know how old the photographer is?
How many of you would change your tune to "this is all fine and dandy" to "no way!" if the person taking the picture was a 10 year old boy or girl?

Not in the least. See my first post in that thread. Do you think a shadowy figure peering out a window is automatically easily identifiable as far as age, sex, skin color, etc? No.

What if it HAD been a shooter? What if the officer did not have his weapon trained, and people got killed because of it. What would you say then?

You know. You're absolutely correct.
When our Vice President is advising gun owners to shoot through doors at suspected perpetrators, why would I think our LEOs shouldn't be shooting at unidentified targets, too.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001
If I was there, I would be more afraid of them than the terrorist.

If I could build on this point.

I couldnt agree with you more.

I find that most people now fear police more than they do the common criminal.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

I see nothing Free in this event where people are not able to come and go as the please. It is their responsibility and freedom if they wish to move about.

Ugh, people sure do enjoy making things up about how this went, huh? No legal order was given.

I also see no brave people on the streets there that would jump at the sight of a shadow and start letting the bullets fly.

I see no shots fired in this pic, nor did I hear anything about any. Nice attempt, but lies and sensationalism dont prove anything.

If that photographer was shot and killed, you would have some defending that here.

Since we are playing 'what if', what if the photographer had been a shooter, and had killed people because this officer wasnt at the ready?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Do we even know how old the photographer is?
How many of you would change your tune to "this is all fine and dandy" to "no way!" if the person taking the picture was a 10 year old boy or girl?

Not in the least. See my first post in that thread. Do you think a shadowy figure peering out a window is automatically easily identifiable as far as age, sex, skin color, etc? No.

What if it HAD been a shooter? What if the officer did not have his weapon trained, and people got killed because of it. What would you say then?

You know. You're absolutely correct.
When our Vice President is advising gun owners to shoot through doors at suspected perpetrators, why would I think our LEOs shouldn't be shooting at unidentified targets, too.

And what exactly does our inept VP have to do with this? Nice attempt at political trolling, though

More sensationalism. WHO SHOT AN UNIDENTIFIED TARGET? NO ONE!

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Anybody who has taken a firearms saftey course knows you don't point your weapon at some one. Also you should be sure what is behind your target. I wonder if they checked that before they got in a one hour shootout with that oh so dangerous unarmed man. They were so scared they didn't even realize he wasn't shooting back. Yeah that makes me feel real safe, and before you say wel what would you do, here is what I would have done. I would have brought some coffee and a bag of cinnimon raisin bagles and put them just out of reach with my million dollar tank and told him when he was hungry and ready to give up we'll be waiting. Then I would have had a coulpe of donuts and waited. No need for violence.
Also, I don't understand why they had to go in houses, are we now to stupid to realize we have an extra person in our house? "hey whos your new curley haired friend bobby. is he staying for dinner?" Why can't they just say is there any strangers in your house. The whole thing is rediculous. If cops worked a qurter this hard to stop real crime in stead of busting potheads and lemonaid stands crime would be gone in a week. Why don't they wake up and arrest the real crooks who are getting ready to steal thier pentions.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
Using your scope to identify possible targets when civilians are 1000 times as prevavlent as potential targets is shear idiocy. That's even taught in Hunter Safety courses regarding hunting game. If you're being fired upon actively, then it's a different story.

This is the first thing I thought when I saw that photo and videos of the same scene. They were behaving in the most reckless manner as though they had never had any training. Clearly their goal was NOT the safety of the people of Boston, but rather their own. I personally would not feel safe around such amateurs, so everybody DO hide when you see the clown posse in your neighborhood. Too much gear and not enough sense.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I think you are referring to one's technical legal right but I would argue that most people facing an army of fully automatic ARs will not refuse a "request" to have their homes searched.

Its a (not so) subtle form of coercion.

edit on 27-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

It's not political trolling at all.
When even the Vice President is telling citizens to do things they shouldn't, what do you think the Commander in Chief is advising our military and police to do?
A bunch of loose canons is what I'm referring to.

edit on 27-4-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by ivbnu

Also, I don't understand why they had to go in houses, are we now to stupid to realize we have an extra person in our house? "hey whos your new curley haired friend bobby. is he staying for dinner?" Why can't they just say is there any strangers in your house. The whole thing is rediculous.

Thats a good way to get hostages killed.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
And as you take his picture the next and last thing that you may see is a muzzle flash as he takes your life....and with no accountability (all he has to say was I thought I saw someone pointing a gun at me in the window). Bang! Lights out......Just be careful and dont do anything provocative or that could be misunderstood.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'd say it was a radical over-reaction if they'd been hunting an abortion clinic bomber or a street gang that went berserk. Who would believe "troops" as they basically amount to there, could honestly fear ambush from targets like that? Bank Robbers and Drug Dealers aren't known to kill civilians and cops alike by the hundreds in a single attack and by their own direct hand. Chechen Terrorists absolutely ARE known for that. It's almost their signature for attacks they've been more than thrilled to claim credit for. Some of the truly worst attacks in modern history.

Beslan School Massacre

They weren't armed units patrolling streets like Boston was Baghdad until the word Chechen came into things. When they heard that was what they faced ...and without knowing more for certain? I'd have been pissed and calling for investigations if they'd taken it lightly on ANY level. Just my thoughts...

*And yes.. This could have turned out with tragedy based on the sheer mixture of guns and civilians. It didn't though. It turned out right. Worrying about scenarios that never happened isn't productive, IMO. It's over for that reaction/manhunt aspect. They were simply, absolutely NOT going to see these people escape or kill 1 more person if they could help it ...which, in the end, they did insure.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Then thats their choice. But it is only that, a CHOICE. I dont agree with intimidation tactics, and they are used, but if you know your rights, it doesnt matter.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Your title is actually very good advice. If your town is on lock-down and there's a military presence in the street outside your house, it's a REALLY good idea to stay away from the doors and windows. Any movement under these circumstances is going to attract the powerful end of a weapon. It's common sense. They were looking for an armed and dangerous man. Don't give them any reason to think you might be him.

Ahh so it is see no evil and therefore nobody sees anything out of the ordinary like.....soldiers pointing loaded guns at civilians just looking out a window.

We definitely need every person with a camera to just do what is depicted in the OP,s photograph.

Any picture you can get take it, why do you think the pictures from Life Magazine are so famous?

Maybe because they showed the truth about what was going on at the time, but took years to be newsworthy.

Pictures cannot be denied as a source for history for our future generations, however the talking heads on the MSM can twist anything into facts.

Regards, Iwinder

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
What disturbing path is that?

Advising people not to go outside because there is a terrorist on the run willing to do anything to escape?

More than one terrorist, I hear there were several thousand out there.
You could tell them by their uniforms and patches and military weaponry.
You know, the stuff that good law abiding citizens cannot get their hands on...

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well, looking at the posts in this thread, they sure have everyone covered by the fear angle.
Those who are fine with tanks on the streets and LEOs' guns in their faces are falling victim to the Terrorist Fear Card.
Those who are afraid of getting shot by a loose canon LEO are victims of the Fear Amerika Card.
The only thing to do at this point is be right with yourself and know that death is part of life. Fighting for freedom sometimes results in death. I'll bravely look out my window and scowl at them if this caravan comes to my town. If I get shot, well, that's just the way it goes when you're dealing with jack boot thugs who work for a government who controls its citizens through fear. As a free citizen, I will never have fear looking out the window of my own home.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I realise this is Britian but they just seem to lead the curve

From today, anyone taking a photograph of a police officer could be deemed to have committed a criminal offence.

That is because of a new law - Section 76 of the Counter Terrorism Act - which has come into force.

It permits the arrest of anyone found "eliciting, publishing or communicating information" relating to members of the armed forces, intelligence services and police officers, which is "likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism".

That means anyone taking a picture of one of those people could face a fine or a prison sentence of up to 10 years

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I'll absolutely look out my window and make nasty faces at them, should a terrorist attack find the city near me. (We have the Federal Bureau of Prisons Medical Center...as in, Blind Sheikh and John Gotti Medical Center..it's not totally out of the realm of the possible...
).

What I sure won't do and I'm horrified to see anyone even JOKE about is stand in an upper window with a camera while making faces. It's one thing to express my dislike but quite another to hold up something that cannot necessarily be distinguished from a rifle scope or mounted optics on a rifle. From street level and with a split second to make that distinction? That's an exceptionally dangerous game to play with guys that have no sense of humor during a crisis such as that, IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join