It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My House smells of PIG POO!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Ahhhhhh... That's the laugh out loud kinof story I've needed all week.

I envy the property. The smell sucks though. Lol

S&F for the laughs

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I live in New Orleans, Louisiana which has its own smells
, but we have some land out in rural Mississippi which is to die for. Yet, a few weeks out of every year the place is swarmed horribly by these weird biting flies. Still love it out there, though.
Your place looks beautiful. Enjoy it. Most people in the world pretty much just have the pig poo smell. You have all the rest of the stuff.
Lucky.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Tough life you got there!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hmmm.....

Pros:
1.) Wonderful, far horizon views.
2.) An awesome, low maintance house, that doesn't need scraping, priming & painting!
3.) Firewood left over at the end of winter!
(You're very lucky! We have another triaxle load being delivered tomorrow,
to start cutting up for next year!
We usually start to run out before the weather breaks, no matter how much hubby cuts!)
4.) Pets. (Dribbling dogs. I can relate, son & daughter-in-law have a large St. Bernard!)
5.) Wildlife. (What kind of deer are they? They almost look like a cross between the deer & elk we have near here!)
6.) Stuff already in bloom. (That's an amazing amount of blossoms on that cherry tree!)
7.) A pond. (Are there peepers in it, in the spring?)
8.) No neighbors right outside the door.
9.) The sounds of nature. (No industrial, traffic or city noise.)
10.) No air pollution.

Cons:
1.) Pee-u poo. (A few days of the year.)

I'd say the pros definitely outweigh the cons!
Though that must have been some solid, stinking stench,
to be able to saturate sausages!!!!!!!

Maybe the smell was lingering, lodged in your nostrils & not actually stuck to the sausages???

It's a beautiful place!!! You're very lucky!
WOQ

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Rodinus

Such a lovely story about a lovely setting...until the pig poo.....

Pretty crass of your neighbor not to talk with you about it first. Of course, we don't either, when we spread horse manure on the pastures, but horse crap is much less foul. Sucks about the BBQ....

I will get my own back on my neighbour in my own particular way come the holidays when he stops working for a couple of days (yep, farmers don't get that much time off)... i guess i will need to get my tractor out to cut the grass at 05:00 in the morning just outside his window

Bwahahahahahahaha

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Wonderful pics Doc...

How i miss the beauty of the moors

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

When Mrs C has finished, could you kindly ask her to pop over here and have a quick hover of my place please?

Although she might need a hoover with a solid bag for all that poo!

Warmest respects

Rod

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

I don't even think my dogs have taste buds!!!! Those sausages got swallowed in the blink of an eye

Although i just might try some mad dog chilli sauce the nect time to see if they STILL dribble... bwahahaha (not very ethical coming from a vet i guess!?)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

My pleasure WanDash and thank you for your kind words.

Warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Brilliant poem Laz, thanks for sharing that, it does sound quite familiar

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
WOW you live in France!! I am highly in love with France, most call it an obsession.
It started when i was a kid and some 30yrs later I'd still love to pack up and live there...oh only in my dreams!

Your place is amazing! I would absolutely love a place like that in the middle of France. I found this little place called Nievre and I fell in love. It all started with a Chateaux I found online yrs ago.

Your op made me chuckle though! I can only imagine how horrible that had to be. It sounds like a scene from a movie lol

So is this something you will have to deal with often? The poo smell?

I have been here so long now that i feel, dream and think French.

The region where i live is the Royal Valley, there are so many châteaux here it is unbelievable, i live roughly 5 minutes awat from Chenonceaux castles and about 40 minutes away from Chambord (just Google to admire the beauty of them (although i will be doing a thread on the castles in my region shortly)).

Not only the châteaux but the whole area is steeped in legends about the many thousands of underground caverns and tunnels in the area (we also have a famous French author in out tiny village who has written a couple of books about the 2 villages nearby being attacked bu aliens
)

As for the pig poo smell, i can't really grumble as it's only once a year.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
You are LUCKY!

All french agriculteurs and viniculters need a serious slap when it comes to earning respect from those who live near their land.

Be thankfull it is only organics that were churned around. I've had awful smelling weedkiller sprayed round here recently, I swear it is something illegal but they just don't care about anything but profit.

Wouldn't be so bad but the majority of crops here go for biodiesel and the grapes are for rich persons Cognac.

Love France, spoilt only by the French.

Originally posted by johncarter
And I should care about this crap, why?

Because without it you would have nothing to focus your sadness on to make you feel better perhaps. Felt the need to post something pointless didn't you?
edit on 26/4/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

Hi Nerbot,

Thanks for your remarks,

However, not all the French are like that fortunately, although a lot of the "Factory" farmers and producers are!

My neighbour uses only natural products as do my parents in law who have a vineyard...

And thank you for responding to the unsavoury person who made a remark earlier on as he has nothing intelligent to say... the only thing i have to say to him is "Who we gonna call?... TROLLBUSTERS!"

Warmest respects

Rodinus
edit on 27-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
In a few days you won't notice the smell you will get used to it. Until then keep the windows shut and the incense or scented candles lit. Your Wisteria is looking good nothing beats living in the country.

Thanks Buster,

Actually the smell has now gone, so now just waiting for the warm weather to come back for another BBQ

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
I really feel for you. In my area, I think there is a conspiracy that all schools must be built near a farm, so I'm well aware just how bad it can smell. At least I got to go home in the afternoon, I'd hate having no escape from that odor.
Chicken poo can be just as bad.

PS. If you have issues with birds stealing your cherries before you can get them(I don't know if you have this problem, but I always did) try getting a plastic owl near the tree and/or hanging reflective things from the branches.

Thanks for your advice Put,

I did have issues with Starlings nivking my cherries and what i use to deter them is quite simply freebie CDs that you get in magazines etc and i hang a couple off the branches, scares them away quite well, but just before the Cherries get too ripe i take them down so that the birds can have a good feast too.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Wow you have an absolutely beautiful home and surrounding lands! Thanks for the laugh.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ccseagull

You are welcome CC, there is always room for visitors here

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by derfreebie
A wonderful place, Rod. And the big W looks pruned to maximize the coloration.
A very old friend once said at a late lunch, "Let there be no waste."...
Evidently taken literally by your neighbor. Hooo . I matured most of my olefactory
passages downwind only a mile from a huge tree nursery; and we got the swine
pall three times a year. It was thick enough by Labor Day to keep the crows away.
So jealous.. and a couple of crocks of chemically simmering kijafa even after the
jars are canned and pies are made. *sigh*. My mom's sister called it Minnesota
moonshine LOL.

Thank you for your kind remarks der,

I still need to play with the Wisteria though, i am not happy with the way it is twining so it needs training softly.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasobservingquietly
Hmmm.....

Pros:
1.) Wonderful, far horizon views.
2.) An awesome, low maintance house, that doesn't need scraping, priming & painting!
3.) Firewood left over at the end of winter!
(You're very lucky! We have another triaxle load being delivered tomorrow,
to start cutting up for next year!
We usually start to run out before the weather breaks, no matter how much hubby cuts!)
4.) Pets. (Dribbling dogs. I can relate, son & daughter-in-law have a large St. Bernard!)
5.) Wildlife. (What kind of deer are they? They almost look like a cross between the deer & elk we have near here!)
6.) Stuff already in bloom. (That's an amazing amount of blossoms on that cherry tree!)
7.) A pond. (Are there peepers in it, in the spring?)
8.) No neighbors right outside the door.
9.) The sounds of nature. (No industrial, traffic or city noise.)
10.) No air pollution.

Cons:
1.) Pee-u poo. (A few days of the year.)

I'd say the pros definitely outweigh the cons!
Though that must have been some solid, stinking stench,
to be able to saturate sausages!!!!!!!

Maybe the smell was lingering, lodged in your nostrils & not actually stuck to the sausages???

It's a beautiful place!!! You're very lucky!
WOQ

Thanks for your observational comments Was, much appreciated..

Low maintainance you say... If only you knew!!! I have been restauring this place for the last 14 years (it was a ruin beforehand), so always lots of things to "try and finish off" and the scaping and painting is still yet to come...

(This place also cost me 3 back ops!)

Yep the firewood is still there although some of it still needs cutting which i will no doubt do end of September.

As for the pond, it took me 2 months to dig out by hand (2 metres deep at one end and 80cm at the other), it has all kinds of fish, frogs, and wildlife in there and it's great to see the Sparrows swooping over it at the end of the day hunting the mozzies that hover over it... i am sorry but i do not know what you mean when you say "peeper"

The Deer are Roe deer and also we have Stag and wild boar.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 27-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Extremely crap spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Beautiful pictures.
I have the same problem with the manure spreading days. I don't live in the country but it's close enough that it drifts across the river and right into my house. The weather is nice and I want to open my door, for what I thought was some fresh air and in comes this smell. It stinks up the whole house. Its really bad.

I wouldn't want to sit outside in it and eat.
Your dinner sounds really nice though

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Sorry I was late Rod.

Beautiful pics, loved them. Have to ask how old is your house ?

Judging from your pics at least your neighbor doesn't have this to spoil your view.

Don't forget to wipe your feet when you go in the house.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join