It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My House smells of PIG POO!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Round these parts they call that the smell of money... Luckily it does dissipate eventually.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What a shame....you have such a beautiful place and a bad smell is something you just cannot get away from. I live out in the sticks too and this time of year is hell. Just days and days of absolute stench. I always thought silage was worse than manure though, and would hold my breath for as long as possible if the tractor passed me too close. It's truly stomach churning.

It might not help much but maybe you could try some essential oils in a burner to help mask the smell, or a pan of orange peel, cinnamon sticks and cloves on the stove for a while to simmer. Usually that smells incredible, and might help a wee bit.

Oh...and I'm very much in awe of the wisteria...how beautiful is that! Please treat us to some pics of it when it's in full bloom.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
What a shame....you have such a beautiful place and a bad smell is something you just cannot get away from. I live out in the sticks too and this time of year is hell. Just days and days of absolute stench. I always thought silage was worse than manure though, and would hold my breath for as long as possible if the tractor passed me too close. It's truly stomach churning.

It might not help much but maybe you could try some essential oils in a burner to help mask the smell, or a pan of orange peel, cinnamon sticks and cloves on the stove for a while to simmer. Usually that smells incredible, and might help a wee bit.

Oh...and I'm very much in awe of the wisteria...how beautiful is that! Please treat us to some pics of it when it's in full bloom.

Ahhhh, the smell of Piggy Poo has now completely gone and the odour of the Wisteria in full bloom is overpowering.... the whole garden just smells soooo nice!

I will take some pics this weekend and post when i hav time as will be extremely busy over the next couple of days.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Here you go, photos taken this morning :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

That concrete step looks a bit dodgy Rod

Cody

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by Rodinus

That concrete step looks a bit dodgy Rod

Cody

NO COMMENT

I have found a solution though... and it involves sending Mrs R and child away for a couple of days whilst you guys come over to help me make a new step and raid what is in the fridge

Warmest respects

Rod

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I'd love to Rod

Mrs C has just seen your house and wants to come visit, she says she doesn't mind the pig poo, it would be a refreshing change to me

Cody

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I want to visit, too! Gorgeous place. Sorry about the pig poo, but interestingly, some of the foulest smelling stuff results in the beauty you see around you.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I want to visit, too! Gorgeous place. Sorry about the pig poo, but interestingly, some of the foulest smelling stuff results in the beauty you see around you.

It's funny that you say that! Behind the house we have about 3000 m2 of land and i have just cut the grass with the tractor... what i probably forgot to mention is that we have 4 dogs who are free to roam around the garden....

Well, 4 dogs + long grass+lawnmower = Another pungent pong each time i drive over a pooch anti personel mine!

But as you say some of the foulest smelling stuff results in the beauty, the lawn is looking lovely with all the dog egg fertiliser that's all mulched up everytime the mower goes over it

OMG

I have just seen my neighbour chug past the house with his muck spreader again!!!! this calls for further investigation...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by Rodinus

I'd love to Rod

Mrs C has just seen your house and wants to come visit, she says she doesn't mind the pig poo, it would be a refreshing change to me

Cody

You are both welcome whenever you want mate

Warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
awesome read..

something about spreading swine before pearls

hope you get to enjoy a bbq one day soon.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNIT76
awesome read..

something about spreading swine before pearls

hope you get to enjoy a bbq one day soon.

Thanks Unit,

It was great having a short chat with you earlier on ATS chat.

Pictures will be coming up shortly with Wisteria under second bloom and the new addition to our garden that we will be lighting tomorrow evening

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

i'd love to see some of the photos when ready..
(the wysteria has a deep personal significance for me.. and sometimes they look like that scene in the movie avatar)

nice meeting you, see you in chat one day again.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join