It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My House smells of PIG POO!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
My battle with the Wisteria ends this year.... For several years now, I have battled the Villain, only to find it's magic much stronger than mine. But this year, I will use my magic to instead make it my servant. With a few strategically placed poles and lattice, It will find my acceptance and even encouragement in the formation of an Arbor. Under which I will enjoy the warm summer months, draped in their considerable beauty.

And at last I will accept both defeat & victory in my dealings with this invasive but beautiful aggressor.
The Bumble bees, carpenter bees and Anole lizards are entertaining themselves now that the warm weather has arrived, but the best of fortune has made the beautiful Red Cardinals oblivious to my presence, even daring and even expectant of my admiration up close. Each new Spring brings another resident to the farm here, and any day now, the Humming Birds on Hiatus in Mexico will be returning to joust and compete for attention, and admiration from us, the 'caretakers', of their domains.

Hope the spring rains provide you relief though, it can be discouraging at times dealing with the timetables of agricultures necessities.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Hi Rocky,

Good to see you back and thanks for the pic... i might just get him back on mischief night this year... Fill a bag full of pig poo and set fire to it outside his doorstep and bang hard on his door whilst he is watching the 9 o clock news in his slippers... he will come out and stomp on the bag to put the fire out

In the old records that we still have somewhere, the house dates back to 1823... i found a few coins in the garden also dating back to this period as before the house belonged to the Royal castle of Chenonceaux and was used to press grapes for wine.

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Thanks Rod

I have always been interested in the history of old homes. If they could only talk what could they tell you? Old homes in our area mostly saw the pioneer days, civil and revolutionary wars. The history of your house must be fascinating !

Back to your neighbor, the flaming bag of [snip] is a oldie but goodie.

I believe you could be much more creative. Maybe you could sell him on a story about a breakthrough in bio diesel fuel, and that he should save it. Then see how high the pile grows.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

There is quite a lot of history to our house.. and the old timers in the village also say that it is haunted, but up until now i haven't witnessed anything strange! (there is a 35 meter deep well at the bottom of the garden where apparently a murder was comitted) and apparently also many german weapons were thrown down at the end of WWII.

Under the fire place when i was refurbishing i also found a small stash (15) of gold coins from the Napolean era too! (this was a common thing to do back in those days)... those coins paid for the electricity work that i had to do :-), but i kept a couple for the kids of course!

In the 60s and 70s our house was also the hideout of a Famous French gangster come bank robber called Jacques Mesrine (Google his name and you will see how famous he was)... i'm digging up the lounge floor next year to do some heating work, so will be keeping my eyes wide open as a couple of years ago my metal detector went crazy when i did a quick check!

When i have a little more time i will let you know a couple of other interesting things about this place too.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 27-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

There is quite a lot of history to our house.. and the old timers in the village also say that it is haunted, but up until now i haven't witnessed anything strange! (there is a 35 meter deep well at the bottom of the garden where apparently a murder was comitted) and apparently also many german weapons were thrown down at the end of WWII.

Under the fire place when i was refurbishing i also found a small stash (15) of gold coins from the Napolean era too! (this was a common thing to do back in those days)... those coins paid for the electricity work that i had to do :-), but i kept a couple for the kids of course!

In the 60s and 70s our house was also the hideout of a Famous French gangster come bank robber called Jacques Mesrine (Google his name and you will see how famous he was)... i'm digging up the lounge floor next year to do some heating work, so will be keeping my eyes wide open as a couple of years ago my metal detector went crazy when i did a quick check!

When i have a little more time i will let you know a couple of other interesting things about this place too.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 27-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

Shame the well is so deep, anything down there is just about out of reach.

Got any pics of the gold coins?

Also one of the big and profitable things done around here, is excavating old outdoor privies ( we call them outhouses) . they aren't very hard to find, but they can be dangerous. The soil is loose and they can be found by probing with a steal rod, but the loose soil can collapse if not shored up properly. You would be very surprise at what you can find in the bottom.

I have a friend that does it as a hobby he has found rings, coins , stone ware jugs, old glass marbles, lots of old blown glass, just about anything you can think of.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Methinks that i am coming over there to do some digging around them thar bogs

I won't have much time this evening or tomorrow, but on Monday i will take a couple of pictures of the coins.

I also found a celtic bronze bulls head leather bucket strap holder in really good condition but i can't for the hell of me remember where i have put it, when i do i will create a post about that as i would love to see what other people think about it and what they have to share.

Well, gotta go now as i am making a pizza for the hungry hoard tonight and Mrs Rodinus is dribbling all over my shoulder...

Warmest respects

Rod
edit on 27-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Bloody crap end of the day spelling!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

That would be a cool thread, " things I found about my house"

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Also one of the big and profitable things done around here, is excavating old outdoor privies ( we call them outhouses) . they aren't very hard to find, but they can be dangerous. The soil is loose and they can be found by probing with a steal rod, but the loose soil can collapse if not shored up properly. You would be very surprise at what you can find in the bottom.

I have a friend that does it as a hobby he has found rings, coins , stone ware jugs, old glass marbles, lots of old blown glass, just about anything you can think of.

LOL...I had to laugh at this Rocky.....I have lost a a gold necklace and an expensive pair of sunglasses in what we would call porta-potties.....it has crossed my mind if the people that clean these things ever find these lost treasures, and would they try and save them?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

LOL...I had to laugh at this Rocky.....I have lost a a gold necklace and an expensive pair of sunglasses in what we would call porta-potties.....it has crossed my mind if the people that clean these things ever find these lost treasures, and would they try and save them?

I bet they doo .
(another by pun I can't help myself)

Who is going to go into the fresh stuff !

edit on 27-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Wow! Beautiful place, wonderful pictures, you're very lucky. I've always wanted to travel Europe to see countries, cathedrals, etc., that existed long before our country was born. Anyway, this reminds me of something from my childhood. My father had been in the Air Force, so we would go onto Andrews AFB to shop at the commissary and BX. At one point, they were setting out land for their 2nd(!) golf course. They'd spread out a phenomenal amount of manure. Every time we drove by we'd roll up the windows and turn on the air, and it still stunk to high heaven. I would literally have a gagging fit every time we drove by. All of this was during high summer, which didn't help a bit. Now they've constructed a 3rd(!!) golf course. Well, they propose it, Congress approves it, and we're stuck with the bill.

As an aside, my wife once had a pet pig. She was raised on a farm in Arkansas in a "holler", "hollow" to us northerners. She swore she'd never have a pet pig, that was too hillbilly. Well, one chose her. It had a way of breaking free of its pen, and would go to her and nuzzle her feet like a flippin dog. She quickly came to love that pig.

She also knows how to break a horse, throw a lasso, shoot a gun(her father taught her), and ran her worthless first husband off with a axe(!!!). I always joke with her, "Don't let me get on your bad side". Actually, she's the sweetest woman I've ever known in my life. How a city guy got with a country girl I'm not sure, but I'm loving every minute of it.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dontaskmeimfrommars

Thank you for your kind remarks Dontask,

Ahhhh, the joys of the countryside hey!

Careful that Rocky doesn't find out where you live, he might run off with your wife

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

The fields around my house are also coming back to life promising a great yield this year in Sunflowers and rape seed :
what is rape seed??? BTW your house and wisteria is awesome...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u

The fields around my house are also coming back to life promising a great yield this year in Sunflowers and rape seed :
what is rape seed??? BTW your house and wisteria is awesome...

Here you go my dear :

en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you for the compliments by the way!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 28-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
We have the smell of cow poo and coffee in my town. A country town with a Kraft coffee factory.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Beautiful life,Rodinus- i love your house,where you live,and i especially love your 3-legged cat

I rememmber living in a suburb where people would spread chickenpoo-fertiliser on their lawn-it was Bad,i don't know how they put up with it,luckily in the next street,none of them my neighbours! Look at it this way-for all that beauty,grin and bear the smell-have you got an ointment with eucalyptus,like to rub on a child's chest,when they have flu,or a bad cold/bronchitis/ use that,to rub under your nose-or better yet-something with lavender.
I am a bit envious of your place,even though i live in a beautiful place too-just something about French countryside houses-so characterful and stylish

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Thanks for your suggestions Rax,

Ahhh Vicks ointment...

Yep, i wouldn't give this place up even if my life depended on it

But then again, you are a very lucky person living next to a natural reserve... Ahhhh, the constant smell of Zebra poo.. hehe

Warmest respects

Rodinus
edit on 29-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Just see my extremely crap spelling mistake!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
oh I can deeply relate to your current situation. In high school I lived in this tiny German village surrounded by rolling farmland and a cheerful greeting of "Amis Raus" (get out americans) spray painted on the side of one of the homes just as you drove into the village...it was so homey and welcoming, let me just tell you

but by far the best was the month of april...mmm...I can still recall the fragrant aroma of pig crap carried by gentle spring breezes through my bedroom window...nothing quite like it

You have an awesome house BTW...it would make an excellent gite! love the nature...makes me a bit homesick for europe!

and by far the best rant I've read on ATS

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
oh I can deeply relate to your current situation. In high school I lived in this tiny German village surrounded by rolling farmland and a cheerful greeting of "Amis Raus" (get out americans) spray painted on the side of one of the homes just as you drove into the village...it was so homey and welcoming, let me just tell you

but by far the best was the month of april...mmm...I can still recall the fragrant aroma of pig crap carried by gentle spring breezes through my bedroom window...nothing quite like it

You have an awesome house BTW...it would make an excellent gite! love the nature...makes me a bit homesick for europe!

and by far the best rant I've read on ATS

Why thank you Mij

Ahhh, we now have the smells of the Wisteria back as the pungent porcine odor has now drifted away

Funnily enough we actually have a gite which looks quite similar down at the bottom of the road!

Warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I don't know, she might run him off with an axe. I'm sure she has one stashed away somewhere! Actually, let me clarify about the axe incident. Back in Arkansas, her first husband disappeared while she was five months pregnant. Fortunately, she has a tight-knit family, so they helped her out. Six months later he showed up looking for something to eat. He didn't even ask about the new baby. Uh, she was really ticked. That's when she grabbed the axe and waved it at him. He took off quick and was never seen again. Well, she says I'm the exact opposite of him. She's quite a prize herself.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dontaskmeimfrommars

Ahhh, the hospitality of Arkansas huh?

Thanks for responding Dont and have a great day/afternoon/evening it's 21:34 over here so time to get down to some Mrs Rodinus hugging.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join