It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we ban to prevent another Boston

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

And since most elementary school kids carry backpacks they should now be catagorized as potential terrorists! I never trusted those little kids anyway.....always smiling and acting all friendly and innocent.....hmmmm....

Indeed. Tell that to children of Beslan. The innocent, smiling, and friendly children of Beslan...mercilessly slaughtered by jihading muslims. Their tiny corpses are your laughing stock and it should shame you.

link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
reply to post by beezzer

Muslims just got done committing an act of violent Jihad on American soil killing many and wounding more and this is the nature of your examination of the events and ways to prevent them in the future?

Here, let us just piss on the corpses, dance in the blood of the slaughtered, and juggle the bones of the dead.

Weak and pathetic.

We don't ban anything! Unless you want to rewrite America as the "land of the Nearly Free, unless you believe differently."

Freedom carries a dark side. We are free. And people will always be free to do hurtful, hateful, idiotic things.

This is the cost to freedom.

link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Over the past several years, acts or plots of non-jihadist terrorism have derived almost entirely from right-wing extremists like the soldiers' militia in Georgia and the anti-government group in Louisiana. Of the 54 non-jihadist terrorists indicted between 2010 and 2012, 47 were right-wing extremists.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Here is pragmatic an non-violent approach to reducing the number of Jihad attacks on American soil:

1) Outlaw the practice of Islam on American soil.
2) Close all mosques and madrassas on American soil
3) Deport all muslims encamped on American soil

This will reduce the number of muslims on American soil and the Jihad they wage.

Defeat Jihad. Deport muslims.

Good plan, that certainly won't anger them or anything.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

BS. These are disenchanted, disenfranchised young men that were getting nowhere with their lives and grabbed on to whatever to have a sense of 'purpose'. News/LEO have talked to their family and friends and to a person have said they were not political, had no islamist bent and were basically just good kids. Not at all the caricature you are trying to paint.

I thought one was an MIT student on a free boat? That sounds like he was doing ok.I haven't heard anything about being an extremist.

Bill

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You have an unconventional notion of freedom. You espouse a type of freedom that ensconces violence and murder and killing in a cloak of self righteousness and smugness. It is an odd combination that results in no freedom at all only a freedom to engage in dishonesty and equivocation. The freedom for enemies to invade.

We are free in America not because we allow enemies to kill us with impunity on our on soil. We are free in America because our fellow Americans hunt and kill our enemies and make our land safe.

edit on 19-4-2013 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Do you care what does and doesn't anger the jihadis?

Their emotions are not of concern. The lives of American citizens are of more importance to me than the bleating of a few muslims.

The only way to reduce violent jihad is to reduce the number of muslims. It just that simple.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We don't ban anything! Unless you want to rewrite America as the "land of the Nearly Free, unless you believe differently."

We ban all sorts of things!

We here in America are banning all sorts of things from 16oz sodas to the 2nd Amendment. I am sure we can find the time to shutter a few mosques and deport a few muslims.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

reply to post by SpearMint

Do you care what does and doesn't anger the jihadis?

Their emotions are not of concern. The lives of American citizens are of more importance to me than the bleating of a few muslims.

The only way to reduce violent jihad is to reduce the number of muslims. It just that simple.

You don't think emotions affect their actions? You need to think of consequences, do you really think I was worrying about a potential terrorist getting upset rather than the lives of innocent people? The two are closely related.
edit on 19-4-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
While I realize there are extremists in all aspects of life can we honestly condemn an entire religion because of a couple of crazed individuals? The rights of people to practice religion? Or is this an outdated right as well?

Bill

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

There is a benefit to relying on a "news" media who advances a particular narrative by ignoring important, relevant facts.

Certain folks can loudly exclaim "See? Such&Such News said this!" while not being aware of what they neglected to mention... in some circles this is known as The Current Truth and anything that does not compliment that goes down the Memory Hole.

For instance CNN oddly took none of this into account, once again: Who is Violent – Left or Right? (660 Cases)

Having not been made aware of that, its easy to see how uninformed folks could easily mistake 'reporting' from outlets like CNN for actual news.

I'd say a case exactly the opposite of what your CNN article suggests would be a far easier one to make, having plenty of solid documentation to support the fact that leftists are categorically violent.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

It's my understanding that most of the deaths in beslin were caused by a fire and resuting roof collaspe of the gym. And there is conflicting stories as to just how that fire started.

There's a good chance that the Russian Gov't shares responsibility for the disaster. And, it's pretty evident that they lied from the start of the incident about many things.

Can we possibly ban the lies that gov'ts just can't seem to resist telling?? All gov'ts seem to have this weakness, and its causes a great deal of damage in the long run, not the least of which is the inability for the public to believe anything that is told to them!!!

I remember when Breslin happened, I remember feeling then that the gov't was meciless in their approach to the situation, not really that much concerned with the safety of the hostages. I just did a lilttle research on the topic just now, and I still find myself wondering.

Are you sure that those kids were killed by the islamic terrorists???

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
You want to know how to stop Muslims from attacking American targets? Seriously?

Well... how about this for starters.

1) Get out of Iraq. I mean 100% out.
2) Get out of Afghanistan. 100%
3) Stop all drone attacks. Period.
4) Stop giving aid to ALL middle eastern countries (Israel included).
5) Stop allowing Israel to dictate foreign policy in the middle east.

Actions have consequences. Without taking away from the poor victims of the Boston attack... we kill hundreds of "Muslims" every single day in the middle east and no one bats an eye. But the second WE are attacked, we act all confused and defensive.. "How could this happen!! Deport all Muslims!".

I hope these two brothers suffer before they die. I hope they seriously suffer. And I certainly don't defend ANY attacks on our soil, or any attacks against American interests. But if people can't seriously see WHY we are attacked like this... well then we are in this for the long haul.

Unless we start to make REAL changes nothing will change. This will not change our policy. This will not make us close our borders, or have more stringent immigration policies. No.. all this will do is take away more freedoms from Americans. I guarantee the first thing they will say needs to be done is tighter regulations of black powder. They will place tighter regulations around OUR necks. Because we choose to bury our heads in the sand. The government feels everything is OUR fault (American citizens), and never stop to look at THEIR actions around the world.

So.. there is nothing we can do. Because we have no control to make the necessary changes. All we can do is bend over and take it. Because that is what is going to happen.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Hating people and wanting to get rid of them just because of their ethnic or religious background- isn't that exactly what Islamic extremists want to do? Maybe you can go find an American jihadist club to join and you can all get to the business of ridding the world of each other and we won't have to listen to either of your hatred anymore.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

does it really matter though??
can you claim that all of either group are prone to violent episodes?? or would the idea that most aren't be more accurate??

I would be prone to believe that however a person would chose to divide us into groups, you would find the same thing....you would have some very sick individuals who would rather kill you than talk to ya, and you would have some really kind, decent people who would give you the shirt off your back, their last dollar if you needed it!!!

if we were to start categorizing people and sorting them out into groups and condemning those groups based on the stereotypes that we set out, it will only lead to injustice. it's called scapegoating, think nazi concentration camps, or it's counterparts in the states for the german american, japanese-americans. Most who were interned were guilty of nothing either.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Oh sure, your rightwing extremists blogs are credible.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
One thing that could be banned (or restricted) is reloading powder and bullets. The following prediction was published on Wednesday (from the usual 'anonymous insider').

They're going to pin this event on a male late teens to early 20s and say he did it because he's unstable. They are going to find firearms and a NRA book in his home. They are going to say he used reloading powder for the explosion and that reloading powder shouldn't be for sale to the public. They are then going to say that because the powder in ammunition can be used for explosions that the number of rounds you can buy should be limited and taxed to help pay for these events...They won't find the suspect till later this week and the raid is issued to occur on Friday.

www.jimstonefreelance.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You are taking this too far. I fought against Hadji Bob and Pals in Iraq and Afghanistan, I've seen the totally messed up stuff that they do. You know, the stuff the media doesn't show because they're too busy trying to make us look like monsters invading a foreign country. I look back at WW2, and some stories I have heard from veterans speak of a mutual respect between enemies. No such thing exists here. This is an all out hate fueled war between enemies who loathe each other.

My problem with what you're saying, regardless of my hatred towards my enemies, is that it would discriminate those Muslims who live in America because they want to be here to get away from the turmoil. Why crap on their dream of living somewhere that isn't war torn or ruled by ancient religious ways just because they have a radical sect of their religion? Tell me, had it been a white male, 50-60 years old, and with mental issues brought by age (or something like that), what then? Euthanasia? What if they were Canadian? War with Canada? You're thinking in pretty extreme ways and are coming off no better than those you are talking about.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

You have an unconventional notion of freedom. You espouse a type of freedom that ensconces violence and murder and killing in a cloak of self righteousness and smugness. It is an odd combination that results in no freedom at all only a freedom to engage in dishonesty and equivocation. The freedom for enemies to invade.

I have an absolute notion of freedom. I embrace a freedom that gives people, any people a choice. Every choice holds a responsibility. If you commit a crime based on that choice, you deserve to be punished.

Your type of freedom limits choice and denies people self-determination.

We are free in America not because we allow enemies to kill us with impunity on our on soil. We are free in America because our fellow Americans hunt and kill our enemies and make our land safe.

We are free in America because we embrace personal responsibility and self-determination.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What is being said so far I see no evidence of a militant islamist.Time will tell. Its interesting to see the ban crowd not really jumping on this. I guess realizing what motivates a person to do something horrific is a lot harder than blaming an object.People suck, some more than others.I really hope that the gov didnt know before hand and ate going to use this to abolish more freedoms

Bill

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join