It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we ban to prevent another Boston

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Over the past several years, acts or plots of non-jihadist terrorism have derived almost entirely from right-wing extremists like the soldiers' militia in Georgia and the anti-government group in Louisiana. Of the 54 non-jihadist terrorists indicted between 2010 and 2012, 47 were right-wing extremists.

www.cnn.com...

Does being anti goverment make you a nonjihadist terrorist now?!

Bill

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Let's ban inept federal agencies that cannot detect and deter terrorist cells operating on US soil...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I agree , they seem more concerned with veterans bad mouthing Obama on facebook than going after foreigners.

Bill

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If we stop being Infidels then there will be peace.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Why is this a 'terrorist cell'? Because they are ethnic? Couldn't it be 2 disenfranchised, disillusioned brothers that have essentially done a spectacular suicide-by-cop? Isn't it possible that they are, as their uncle said, simply losers? Columbine-esque guys that are simply angry at everyone and blame everyone else for their own inadequacy as opposed to a couple of indoctrinated, dedicated extremists on a mission.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Camperguy

this is not about criminals..................
it is about Islamists who hide behind religious fanatascism to enjoy the freedom to be radical...until they actually do a criminal act in the name of religious Jihaid

even the new Secretary of State Kerry called the act an 'Evil' thing... a very-much-IN-Your-Face attack on the Islam-loving Barack H Øbama...who earlier in the first term made all government agencies drop the tag-line that Muslims were radical/militant/evil or disposed to anything other than the betterment of humankind...
the sanitization and forced all Federal Agencies and the workers to the embracing of Islam ...

(( which goes against the 'Seperation 0f Church & State clause' in the American founding documents, BTW..))

The presidental order... to never vilify Islam or Muslims seems to have backfired on the OvalOffice golfer/vacationer... with even his SOS Kerry calling the radical, self appointed Jihadists as doing a great Evil...

the pair of (once) refugees had the fruits of freedom and the blessings of a secular USA that gave them schoarships, status and many other gifts of life without much effort on their part....

but for some reason these two brothers misused their freedoms to kill & maim innocent citizens on a festive holiday outing.... what scum...

scum being both the brothers and the 'voice' that told all security authorities to give all Muslims a free ride and not to look at them as potential terrorists...

Mr Øbama kindly step down from office as you are not competent enough to serve

edit on 19-4-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Someone voted for him,not anyone I know but soneone,somewhere

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by skorpius
reply to post by Camperguy

You cannot stop this from happening, no ban or law will ever stop this.

Absolutely correct.

But that won't stop them from banning something anyway.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camperguy

Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Over the past several years, acts or plots of non-jihadist terrorism have derived almost entirely from right-wing extremists like the soldiers' militia in Georgia and the anti-government group in Louisiana. Of the 54 non-jihadist terrorists indicted between 2010 and 2012, 47 were right-wing extremists.

www.cnn.com...

Does being anti goverment make you a nonjihadist terrorist now?!

Bill

It does if you plan or commit a terrorist act. Kind of like being a muslim doesn't automatically make you a jihadist terrorist.
edit on 19-4-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisbahIt's like having a war with God. It's a war you'll never win,

you're right, it could not be won. There is no way of winning a war when there is nothing to war against. Prove god exists then your argument might hold water

Islam has done nothing but good for America, whatever Islam prohibits is bad for every human being and whatever it allows is the best of deeds among humans. Tell me some of the things that Islam has done to America that has been bad. Don't tell me about the deed of bad Muslims, tell me about Islam. What has Islam taught that was so bad for you?

you're joking right? Without islam, there would be none of the jihad killings associated with it. things islam has done that is bad for america. how about you start with culturing a pathetic radical fringe that led to the destruction of the towers? you think that was good?

I think most of us agree that you're a total fool Mike.

speak for yourself jihad jack. I reckon mike makes a great point

How about we ban all religions and start our own religions,

now you're talking, we now agree on something

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don't think banning anything will prevent another Boston... for one thing, if there continue to be mass shootings and bombings around, I consider that an argument for legalizing more forms of protection.

Criminals are going to get their weaponry either from the black market, or build it themselves when it comes to Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) or EMPs.

Both Great Britain and Japan, which have strict gun laws, are island nations - this allows them much easier control over imports and exports.

We border Mexico, which is easily accessible to arms dealers. I don't think there is going to be an easy time keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Here is pragmatic an non-violent approach to reducing the number of Jihad attacks on American soil:

1) Outlaw the practice of Islam on American soil.
2) Close all mosques and madrassas on American soil
3) Deport all muslims encamped on American soil

This will reduce the number of muslims on American soil and the Jihad they wage.

Defeat Jihad. Deport muslims.

Seriously? Here's a non-violent approach - stop sticking your nose in their business. You have been in the middle east for decades promoting 'democracy' when they didn't ask for it. Now when two guys come to your soil you want to ban them all?

And don't bother with any 'Muslim Sympathy' argument - it is pretty lame.

try the human rights side of things. wonder why people went in there? how about to stop those dirty slime from mutilating the genitals of little girls, how about to let women be permitted to be human, get an education, get decent employment, NOT be ruled over by dirty old men with no respect for them and who treat them as property, sure, bring out the oil argument, yep, there are those in the west who are also just as big a maggot as those males I previously mentioned and they are those maggots who are chasing the almighty dollar (in this case through oil), but there are also many in the west who have been saddened for decades or even longer over the primitive treatment of women and children.

and regarding sticking your nose into the business of others, islam demands that this pathetic dogma is spread far and wide and if there are any non believers either destroy them or let them live with you only if they PAY what comes down to be nothing more than a bribe for life. But why is that not a surprise. Haven't you noticed how ME people can look you straight in the eye and lie to you? Oh that's right, that's also permitted in their hopeless religion if the person you're lying to is a non believer.

so, keep our nose out of their business while they come to the usa and spread their uncompromising dogma, yeah right

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
no bans will stop this from happening, What will help is a a total annihilation of all religions and the complete abolishment of mega wealthy people 0 funding from the out side for all politicians with a set wage of 55k a year the leaders and 35k for ministers elections should be won on words and policy's not money.

Back in the real world nothing can stop people from acting out.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
ban tyranny

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Lock the borders for a long time. There will still be some terrorism, naturally, but why risk letting more in? IMO it's a no brainer. Our Immigration policies need to be stricter once the borders are opened back up. Zero tolerance for immigrants within the first 2 years.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I was going to say immigrants. Why because that would have saved about 6000 lives in the last 13 years.

But seriously, nothing can. We push and push for rights and freedom and create a people unable to handle not having correct boundaries.

Everyone is saying , "we don't need a set of rules we will set our own morality, (most of those religion based) - thank you".

We are now reaping what we sowed in all areas of self control and moral boundaries. If you don't believe me, use the internet to check out statistics since say 1955 after America recovered from the war.

That is all that is happening... we are reaping what we sowed.

But I don't accept that where I live. I've put a whole lot of street gangs in their place without a weapon or a violent action. They don't touch anyone in our neighborhood now. But I don't use modern morality I use the old kind.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Terrorism is the least of this countries problems.

How many terrorist acts have there been in the US since 2001?

Many?

Happening all the time?

They got you confused..

All this talk about terrorism and no terrorism is happening.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I don't think banning anything will prevent another Boston. Banning homemade explosives is imposable. there are just to many chemicals used everyday and needed by everyday people that could be used to make explosives.

I worked for over 30 years as a blaster and know of about 10 chemical compounds that can be used to make IEDs from common house hold chemicals.

Most of these chemical compounds were published through the US government printing office for special ops people and are used by terrorist around the world.

With the internet the transfer of dangerous information is unstoppable. Then you have the countries like Iran that train terrorist how to bypass other countries security measures.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I propose we ban amnesty!!!
2nd The end.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

As much as we try to preserve a good deal of our rights these are the side effects of a free society...and personally I'm all for getting rid of cellphones and the internet...you want free speech? Well then you will see videos on how to make bombs. Nitwits like the Westboro Baptist Church, the Black Panthers or the KKK some how under free speech has the right to bully and intimidate whoever they can but I suppose by some they are instruments of the government to destabilize the country and slowly erode our rights...

Who in their right mind wouldn't want some type of background check to see if someone has mental health issues before buying a gun? That's like saying lets not have someone take a vision test before getting their drivers license...are you kidding me...

Like most things we get our hands on we always find a way to exploit things...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join