It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Heroes: Let's start with Carlos, the "Boston Cowboy"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Ok, i'm sure the authorities will have similar thoughts too. Apparently some arsonists and bombers like to see what they've done first hand. All we can go off at home is what we observe. What we've observed from this guy is being first on the scene and helping the injured, he either did that for purely selfless reasons or something else. A truly sceptical and impartial investigator would question which it was.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, right. Just dump a can of coffee beans in the trash can with the bomb, and the dogs will go right past it.... That's just one of several means that immediately leap to mind. Any stronger smell will do the trick.

I am amazed at the ignorance of that statement and it was typed not only by a Mod but a super mod. I've only spent 20 years working K9's for the US Military, Federal Law Enforcement, and now a civilian so please enlighten me, because I have never seen a K9 "walk past" anything just because coffee was dumped on it. But I'm guessing you have a vastly superior knowledge of K9 scent detection, scent cone spreading, and scent level reaction in trained detector dogs than I do. I've only trained, handled, evaluated, and scored over 500 working dogs in my life.

Could you also describe in great detail the "several" other methods that sprung into your mind? I would truly benefit from your teaching and I could become a better K9 handler for it. Thanks in advance.

4.5 years in Iraq and 1.5 years in Afghanistan and my K9's never "walked" past anything regardless of what was dumped on it.

edit on 16-4-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I am amazed at the ignorance of that statement and it was typed not only by a Mod but a super mod. I've only spent 20 years working K9's for the US Military, Federal Law Enforcement, and now a civilian so please enlighten me, because I have never seen a K9 "walk past" anything just because coffee was dumped on it. But I'm guessing you have a vastly superior knowledge of K9 scent detection, scent cone spreading, and scent level reaction in trained detector dogs than I do. I've only trained, handled, evaluated, and scored over 500 working dogs in my life. Could you also describe in great detail the "several" other methods that sprung into your mind? I would truly benefit from your teaching and I could become a better K9 handler for it. Thanks in advance. 4.5 years in Iraq and 1.5 years in Afghanistan and my K9's never "walked" past anything regardless of what was dumped on it.

You could have been a lil more nice about all that.
edit on 16-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I could have, but then again I expected better from a super mod.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Well they are human you know ? Seemed a lil harsh.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Getting your face and your voice out there on media when you have a cause to espouse is a way to try to make a difference. What those videos tell me is that this is a man who does not just sit back and just let stuff happen. He acts. To me, they don’t suggest that there is anything weird going on, they suggest that he is consistent.

It is good to have an example of bravery and decency amongst the shock and dreadful images. It reminds us that the world is not uniformly bad, when it can feel as if it is. We latch on to the image of one man because those images are easy to digest amongst the confusion but we should also not forget that, while heroic in his own right, Carlos also symbolises the many others who ran towards the carnage and not away.

Human beings do horrendous things but ordinary human beings can be quite extraordinary too. Whatever conspiracy theories spring up around this event, it is good and necessary to be reminded of that. It is all too easy to despair of the human race.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well done indeed.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
A volunteer, who ignored what you or I might do when a bomb goes off, and immediately ran to the scene of the carnage.

Yeah, I would worry about secondary devices and run away from the scene. Its unfortunate, but if you go and help you could be blown up as well, and then you need help also, and can't help anyone else.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by teamhair

I agree with you of course.
But just the same, I site the ATS call sign in defense of my posts.
I'm not one to ignore what I see.

SMR

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Some of the replies in this thread are ridiculous. More worried about website politics than just praising a man for going above and beyond and doing what most wouldn't have the guts or balls to do.
I read one reply saying that we use the word 'Hero' far too loosely ... seriously !? The man pinched off an artery of a man who just had his legs blown off and he would have died had Carlos not done that. THAT is a HERO in every sense of the word.
The fact that some are saying the images look fake just shows that some of you think 'everything' is a conspiracy.
Regardless if you think this was a false flag or whatever, people died and people lost limbs. Cell phone videos show this. Regardless what you think about the event, People like Carlos rushed in without a second thought to help those who had been gravely affected because they didnt stop to think ... 'wait, maybe this is all fake' !

If I could say anything to Carlos, it would be "thank you for being the human being that you are"

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
With all the false flag threads and conspiracy comments mucking up the main threads about the Boston Explosions, this one deserves my respect.

It a world where we hear about the rich getting richer, poor getting poorer, potential wars, etc. this proves that there are still good people in the world.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The guy who lost his legs at the marathon is an actor. He lost his legs in Afghanistan. Check out jimstonefreelance.com

SMR

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RRJ58

Step-by-Step Instructions:
Face computer tower.
Raise Right hand and extend index finger
Proceed to push power button

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Blah blah you know what ? This is ATS !
And here's some more of Carlos doing an interview at the movies. And I've found three of four more at least that suggest this is not just your average immigrant legal or illegal.

Never once has this guy come close to choking up while mentioning his son. And here he is with those boots again.
At the movies.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So... in your mind immigrants typically aren't ambitious with a cause, and also typically aren't involved with independent films and also don't appear regularly on the YouTube channel associated with that film?

(@@)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRJ58
The guy who lost his legs at the marathon is an actor. He lost his legs in Afghanistan. Check out jimstonefreelance.com

Nope, he isn't. He has been identified, and there are several photos (many quite gory), which clearly show that he did have his legs in Boston. He looks similar, but not the same. I wonder how someone found the photos so quickly though?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I have a question for you which explosive is a trained K9 most likely to miss ?

Don't reply none, my question was which one is a trained K9 most likely to miss. I will even give you a hint ( outdoor environment).

I really would like to see if you do indeed "know your stuff."

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by randyvs

So... in your mind immigrants typically aren't ambitious with a cause, and also typically aren't involved with independent films and also don't appear regularly on the YouTube channel associated with that film?

(@@)

I would say that coming here as an immigrant is typically ambitious by itself in my mind. Yet I don't see that here with Carlos, Skeptic. I know that sounds like I wiggled out of your question. So ok no he doesn't fit typically in my mind.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Everyone knows there stuff with google.

But I do hope you put him in his place Rocky.

SMR

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I feel as though your are bound and determined to find this man guilty of something, ... anything.
I have had several family members pass but time does heal sadness and I do not just hide in my house and do nothing. I do not always shed a tear.
Maybe do a little research on this man and see just why he is all over the place. He was at the marathon for a reason. Not just by coincidence as you are hoping to find.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I wonder why images like that are so much more impacting (to us) than similar, if not worse, horror that occurs in the likes of the Middle-East every day...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join