It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Heroes: Let's start with Carlos, the "Boston Cowboy"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+269 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The bombing massacre, near the finish of the Boston Marathon today, can easily cause us to despair that humanity really sucks. What hope is there for this troubled, violent, and self-destructive species when we brazenly murder innocent people like this (and other times)?

On occasion, rare as it is, there is hope. Hope in the form of someone becoming known as the "Boston Cowboy."
the face of a hero

By now many of us have seen the gruesome images of the poor ashen-looking man who lost both his legs in the blast. By all accounts, Carlos saved his life.

(gore cropped out)

Carlos is a citizen immigrant who lost his son in Iraq, but was not fazed, and knows the responsibilities of being a human, and a contributing member of the human race. He held the victims arteries with his bare hands until medical help could be located. How, might you ask, was the there in time? A volunteer, who ignored what you or I might do when a bomb goes off, and immediately ran to the scene of the carnage.

So as we here on ATS who like to examine the potential conspiracies in events such as this -- conspiracies which indeed reinforce the notion that humanity sucks -- let's take a moment to appreciate those moments that give us hope.

Let's hear about more Boston heroes.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Bravo Carlos!!! Bravo!!!!

Edit to add: I never thought I would see white people and black people collaborating as LOOTERS!
May they all burn in hell!

edit on 15-4-2013 by YapTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

It truely takes guts to take action in dire times. Also, those who whistleblow, expose conspiracy, they are just as much heroes.

Peace

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Carlos is THE MAN of the day. No doubt.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Somebody give this man a medal. Between the looters and whoever did this, I was loosing all hope in humanity. Thanks to this guy I still have a shred of hope.
The word "hero" gets thrown out there a lot, but this guy shows that they are still out there.
edit on 15-4-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
That is truly heartening and unbelievable at the same time. That he could have such composure...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
On occasion, rare as it is, there is hope. Hope in the form of someone becoming known as the "Boston Cowboy."

How may we properly honor this man?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
In this YouTube video, you can see Carlos among the first to the injured, scrambling past the barriers before they were completely cleared.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
According to a finish line volunteer who was there, many others went above and beyond the call of duty also...

[–]zadmxm
I was a volunteer at today's Boston Marathon. I was at the finish line and wound up sticking around to help with the emergency response.

My friend and I were working over on the corner of St. James and Berkeley St, about one block from the finish after the final food area. We heard and felt two loud pops (think dropping a huge textbook onto a hardwood floor). She thought explosion immediately, I wrote it off as a something falling. A cluster of police near us immediately alerted and started checking their radios. We heard the words two explosions come out of the radios and saw them start sprinting towards the finish line, vaulting barricades on the way.

[–]jimmyjohntwo
I'm sorry you had to witness something like that. How are you doing? I am sure it was horrifying and can't really even imagine what it was like. I am sure there are a lot of grisly things you can tell us but let me ask a positive question. What was the most amazing or touching thing you saw today?

[–]zadmxm
The volunteers, the runners, and the first responders. Every last person who stuck around did an incredible job and went so far above and beyond what they had signed up to do. One of my favorites was a runner who put on a Google Fiber team jacket afterwards, jumped in, and helped us coordinate our efforts.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for bringing this to light.
I cringe at every photo of the scene and carnage...and the photo you posted just makes me wonder...if I could/would do that in any situation other than my own children.
THANKS again! I needed to see that.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I got a knot in my throat and tears in my eyes as I look at that picture.

Hero indeed!!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You can see Carlos here at about 2:30 tearing through the barricade to get into the area.

Even smaller efforts give me chill's , like all the people that ran to assist, the people tearing away the fence, and the video of the girl carrying the other girl on her back.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I am overwhelmed with such conflicting feelings right now. Horror on the one hand and then this story which fills me with pride and then sadness that the human race is surely doomed.
What an amazing thing to do. I find myself wondering if I would have the courage to do what Carlos did.
Thanks, SO

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Another interview with Carlos, apparently just after he handed off the poor man he bravely helped.
www.necn.com...

I've seen photos of the scene he encountered after ripping through the barriers. The blood. The limbs lying on the sidewalk. The twisted bodies. And he had the composure to immediately help this man.

There are no words.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

WOW.

Regardless on how many times these kinds of attacks happen, I am still in awe that there are those willing to face their own deaths to rescue others.

True Hero.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Legend.. I hope this don't haunt him.
Great man

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thank you S.O. for bringing this wonderful story to ATS!

There are some Heroes left out there still..

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
He deserves all the respect in the world.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join