It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Heroes: Let's start with Carlos, the "Boston Cowboy"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Is Carlos holding an
artery or a tourniquet?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
For the record, I do not believe one way or another on the Boston Marathon Bombing as to whether the original story is completely true or not. I am on the fence as of now.
However, There is one thing i just do not get about some of you people who believe the entire thing was a false flag, staged, an act, falsified, etc...

If it were the government who set this whole tragedy up; for pushing more laws and taking away more rights, restricting the people even more, distracting the masses from the economy, etc.
May i ask why on earth would the government completely stage the event?? Why would the go through the trouble of making up fake victims, hiring actors to play grieving family members, place fake blood, put fake bandages on people who 'aren't holding their wounds' etc, etc.?
Why would they go through all of this trouble of staging the event and risking countless variables when they could simply just set off real bombs and kill real innocent people, etc.??
In my mind that would be 1000x easier and more believable to do.

Keep in mind this is only directed at a few select people who after reading their comments it seems they believe the entire event was a fabrication...I think those few must be delusional. Just my .02

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I have to agree. Something doesn't feel right about this guy. My feelings are usually quite accurate.

I know your getting a lot of $h!t. Hang in there my friend...

edit on 16-4-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
a good man yes..

a hero?... that's a bit of a stretch!

I'd say that according to the dictionary, Carlos is a hero.

he·ro [heer-oh]
1. a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.

2. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal: He was a local hero when he saved the drowning child.

SMR

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm running out of troll snacks. Will have to stock up for the remainder of the week as threads like this will be littered with nonsense comments about a Man who saved lives ...

SMR

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

That would be the Mans artery.
Have to dig down deep to do what Carlos did there

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Enzo954

being one of many who is helping someone isnt a hero..

hero is a strong word that shouldnt be thrown around lightly is all im saying.

he did no different to a paramedic, or any other civilian who helped someone injured.

yes, the man is amazing, he's a decent human being he helped someone who was suffering... but there were many people suffering and many people helping.. im sure others did much more critical acts to save people lives.

why is this man being put in the spotlight in the media... and, on ATS by mr overlord?.. this just makes this site stink a little more.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

SMR

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Did you read the thread title before commenting ?
The key word being HEROES ... Plural

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

I know your getting a lot of $h!t. Hang in there my friend.

Nothing I'm not ust of !

But I'll never understand, how so many can agree that the MSM and our gov. are both full of crap. Then turn around and follow them blindly and with out even looking at the next big story, a lil closer before buying it..
I was taught that what ever a crowd is running towards. The smart people run the other way. So that's what I do.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

I did...

and yet, this entire thing is about Carlos... who just happened to have lost a son in Iraq.

Hope in the form of someone becoming known as the "Boston Cowboy."
the face of a hero

This whole thing stinks, for skeptic to completely play along with the main stream media's story just raises flags for me about the entirety of ATS.

thats my opinion, you dont have to agree with it.

SMR

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Because not everything is a conspiracy.
I imagine so many here wake up every morning and read the newspaper or watch the news and comment on every story and 'something not right' A paranoid life to live if you ask me.
I am one of the biggest 9/11 conspiracy theorists. At the same time I dont think everything I see or read is a conspiracy. Bad things happen in this world and not all of them are concocted by any one Government.
There are not enough discrepancies in stories to validate this as a conspiracy. Everything has been laid out here.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

thats my opinion, you dont have to agree with it.

Can't disagree with an opinion really. But we can't forget that people on ATS are all human too. As I said before.
I'm not say'in I'm right about anything and I would never be so bold. As for being wrong ? There's only one person on the planet that can say that. Maybe two.

SMR

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

So if by tomorrow, Skeptic creates another thread about another person labeled a 'Hero', will you still feel the same way or maybe relax a bit and not feel like there is some agenda here ? Just asking.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

I agree whole heartily..
Not everything is a conspiracy...
is this a conspiracy?.. pftt I have no freaking idea... but there are some valid question marks being raised on some very unusual aspects..

but thats not what im getting at here..

what im getting at, is that this man is not a hero. he did not risk his life to save someones life.

he performed first aid on an injured man, when many many many other people were also doing the same around him.

This is being inflated by the media because his son died in Iraq and i dont agree with the site owner trumpeting the media.

I dont get why people are so passionate about this..
Does this man deserve praise, yes. Did he do something amazing, yes.. should he be hailed as a hero on the front page of the news when many other people did just as much if not more?

I dont believe so..

I'd still buy him a drink at a bar though..

edit on 16-4-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Alright let me be clear. I have no problem with hero's. Jesus Christ, Mohammed Ali, Evel kneival
and Roberto Clemente all come to mind at the mention of the word. I don't have a problem with
Carlos being a hero. I do have a problem with just straight out pinning a medal on someone who
was there, when the perp hasn't even been caught. And it's barely been 24 hours.

That's all !

edit on 16-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

As I read through your posts and this exchange, I find myself returning to the topic of this thread and it's intent.

So as we here on ATS who like to examine the potential conspiracies in events such as this -- conspiracies which indeed reinforce the notion that humanity sucks -- let's take a moment to appreciate those moments that give us hope.

Let's hear about more Boston heroes.

I personally think that the intent of the thread is clearly stated and is very easy to understand. I also find it easy to understand why a thread like this would be a good thing in light of the madness in many of the horrible threads that have been been posted by angry hateful people.

Clearly the idea was a simple one. To create a place to post stories of heroic acts and yes, I think running towards danger is in fact a heroic act, no matter who the person is who did so. It does not matter who they are or what they are like in their lives beyond what they did in this case. To knowingly run into danger to help others is definitively heroic.

I ask myself, why would someone even think to try and destroy the intent of the thread and drag it completely off topic instead of adding to it by finding other's who's actions were heroic to point them out? "Let's hear more about Boston hero's" is of course the real topic.

The only reason I can see anyone would be bothered by this or need to find fault with it is to draw attention to themselves. To make themselves the center of attention.

I could be wrong.
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

extra DIV
extra DIV

SMR

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by SMR

what im getting at, is that this man is not a hero. he did not risk his life to save someones life.

The hell he didnt ! Two bombs went off and some say they heard Three but that's debatable. But did he, or anyone else know if more were going to go off ? He could have ran away to be safe 'just in case' but he chose to go into an area that was just obliterated by a bomb to help someone, and evidently saved his life.

Not a Hero ... Your definition of Hero must mean God-Like attributes ...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I personally think that the intent of the thread is clearly stated and is very easy to understand. I also find it easy to understand why a thread like this would be a good thing in light of the madness in many of the horrible threads that have been been posted by angry hateful people.

You know you're right. I only wish someone besides a mod, would have said what you just said so perfectly.
So I wouldn't be accused of bowing to pressure, or what ever else some members may want to go on about.
But I've never been one to give a rats ass about that either.

I apologize to the OP.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yep sure did ! Military friends ?

So because he's active in the community of Boston (where he lives), and lost a son in service (explains why he's anti war) and protests (liberal) that makes him a suspect of something suspicious?

Let me guess, you saw him in Sandy Hook footage too, and he was an extra in Batman, and you think you saw him in footage from the Aurora shooting, and he has a pilots license, and had a relative in local government, and his cousin works for FEMA...

Well said!!!!

Let me guess, you saw him in Sandy Hook footage too, and he was an extra in Batman

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
reply to post by slugger9787

That would be the Mans artery.
Have to dig down deep to do what Carlos did there

Exactly.

Half of these blowhards claiming this is a sham would have been cowering in a corner after this, I mean anyone who has seen the images can tell what sort of terror it would be to live through it, and yet they're safe on the internet, sleuthing away guffawing at themselves for finding "green screen" footage and "actor" images on facebook.

Useless breathers.

I don't even know how I would cope in that situation, but to bloody well grab a guys arteries as he's realising his legs have just been blown off, to save his life.. jesus christ..

that guy really does deserve to be honoured.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Yeah well I'll bet the guy who he saved considers him a hero.

As do I.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join