It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Approves Nuclear Strike On America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Sorry to burst your bubble, they DO have missile capability... long range capability at that.

'They have proven that they can launch a long range missile. If you marry a missile and a miniaturised device, so nuclear bomb on top of a missile so you can deliver it to all kinds of places that they couldn't have reached before.'

Daily Mail

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
According to this the missile they placed in the east is a known mid range missile capable of going 3000 miles. rt.com... North Korea 'ratifies' nuclear strike against US

Wikipedia article on mid range missiles however says they can go between 3000 and 5000 miles. en.wikipedia.org...

3000 miles is within reach of Alaska not Hawaii or the central US. 4000 miles is in range of Hawaii. 5000 miles is within range of the central US so yes, if they have a mid range missile they could hit the USA.

I measured these distances on Google Earth.

I know it seems odd that Alaska is closer to N Korea by 1000 miles than Hawaii is but that's the fact.. If you look at the globe on Google Earth. Alaska extends way over the Pacific from a land arc.
edit on 4-4-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well maybe this NK deal is just another one of those timely diversions. Lets see....what else is going on in the US and around the world?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
According to this the missile they placed in the east is a known mid range missile capable of going 3000 miles. rt.com... North Korea 'ratifies' nuclear strike against US

Wikipedia article on mid range missiles however says they can go between 3000 and 5000 miles. en.wikipedia.org...

3000 miles is within reach of Alaska not Hawaii or the central US. 4000 miles is in range of Hawaii. 5000 miles is within range of the central US so yes, if they have a mid range missile they could hit the USA.

I measured these distances on Google Earth.

I know it seems odd that Alaska is closer to N Korea by 1000 miles than Hawaii is but that's the fact.. If you look at the globe on Google Earth. Alaska extends way over the Pacific from a land arc.
edit on 4-4-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

Uhmmmmm.....might want to read that wiki article again.

3000 to 5000 KILOMETERS is it's range. Not miles.

1,865–3,100 is it's range in MILES.

Easy mistake to make.

However, even at 3000 miles, it could only barely (and I do mean barely) reach Alaska........and it would have to fly over China and Russia to do so.
edit on 4-4-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by James1982

So to put what you and flice are saying, together: nk sees us as the most responsible party for keeping their countries apart, thus they target the us.

That of course leaves blame/righteousness out of the frame of reference. e.g. how right/wrong the countries are ruled as one and whether or not it should or shouldn't be prevented.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

That would be a correct point of view in my opinion... not wether either country is right or wrong, but what NK believes to be right. That does excuse their actions but it certainly explains them.

I just chose to believe that regardless of what kind of state any country believe is the right way to rule themselves and the cost thereof to its people, we in the west have NO right telling them if they are right or wrong and we certainly have no right, by the guise of liberation to impose sanctions on said countries, simply because you don't hurt the government of those countries, you hurt its people and therefore sanctions are no more than a way to try and change the mind of the people to hate its government.

so...using you thinking...how did that work out for the people of Cambodia during pol pot...or the people of Rwanda....and the people in Libya were really pissed that the west helped them get rid of gaddafi, right?.... I guess the millions that were killed believed in self-determination. and how long do you think westerners would survive in a country taken over by islamists, those self-proclaimed peaceful muslims.?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
They launched a satellite... is it possible they could have added some missiles to it to shoot off at a later time?

IDK, but this situation has gone beyond posturing in my opinion, either the leader of NK is completely insane, or he has a deck of aces up his sleeve.

Perhaps his allies should be more of a concern than they are given credit for right now?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
After having slept on this, I think what I posted in another thread may be relevant , could this be a ploy by China to set up NK to be the "barking dog" so THEY can look like the Hero??

think about it. China gives it "blessing" to little Kim...

Little Kim is pointed to the south, then China steps in and removes Kim and his regime and looks like the Hero to the whole world.

and leaves egg on the face of the US for the world to see...

or as I stated everyone is looking at Korea as Iran does something to Isreal or the USA in the mideast..

I do think this is a threat, I'm just not sure what direction it's coming from....
edit on 4-4-2013 by thedigirati because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So N.Korea has a nuke. WOW. Iran has been according to everybody for the past 30 years been ready to build a nuke. But N.Korea has one, Iran a country with alot of oil and resources to spend. N.Korea zilch. But we are to beleive N.Korea is a threat to our safety. What the hell did they build their bomb out of..dirt? Propoganda machine has gone haywire. An excuse to put OUR troops dangerously close to China. If N.Korea has a nuke, we the USA probally gave it to them. I am one that simply thinks N.Korea is a joke, Israel is the real threat to peace worldwide.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

I believe China and Russia are buddies...

The same line of thinking crossed my mind, What if China and Russia put NK up to it? I wouldn't put anything past anybody anymore.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
So N.Korea has a nuke. WOW. Iran has been according to everybody for the past 30 years been ready to build a nuke. But N.Korea has one, Iran a country with alot of oil and resources to spend. N.Korea zilch. But we are to beleive N.Korea is a threat to our safety. What the hell did they build their bomb out of..dirt? Propoganda machine has gone haywire. An excuse to put OUR troops dangerously close to China. If N.Korea has a nuke, we the USA probally gave it to them. I am one that simply thinks N.Korea is a joke, Israel is the real threat to peace worldwide.

North Korea probably have more than 1 nukes. Some say they have 5 nukes, but number of those is mystery. They have nuclear facilities and have received aid from Iran, China and Russia. North Korea is not joke. They have technology, but their resources are low.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
They launched a satellite... is it possible they could have added some missiles to it to shoot off at a later time?

IDK, but this situation has gone beyond posturing in my opinion, either the leader of NK is completely insane, or he has a deck of aces up his sleeve.

Perhaps his allies should be more of a concern than they are given credit for right now?

They would have to be very itty bitty missiles as that satellite only masses about 220 pounds.

Also, it's tumbling. Kind of hard to aim and shoot missiles from a platform that is spinning all around.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Right

I didn't know it wasn't in a proper orbit, just knew they had one. The situation is worrisome nonetheless, reminds me of giving a little kid a cap gun... he goes on thinking he can save the world, but all he has is a cap gun.

North Korean leader Elmer Fudd...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I dont know, with the type of information he shares it has to come with a measure of insanity over a period of time...

Personally spoke with him back in about 05 and he was really cool and not at all out to gouge me for money but at that time got me to go to local sources for junk silver. It was a solid choice for me not having much $ to work with.

I think I bought a little bag for 6.00 per ounce at that time. Not sure what it would be worth today, but it was a good piece of sound advice that was not backed by greed.

Just saying.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
To whom it may concern:

ajw.asahi.com...

North Korea has started moving what is believed to be a new long-range ballistic missile potentially capable of hitting the U.S. mainland to its eastern coast, apparently in preparation for a launch.

Japanese, U.S. and South Korean government sources said the missile is likely the one codenamed KN-08, which the North Korean military claims has a range of 10,000 kilometers.

But the sources added that it could be a different type, such as the medium-range Musudan missile.

The missile is being transported on a cargo train to the Sea of Japan coast, home to the Musudan-ri and Kittaeryong missile bases, according to the sources.

A U.S. intelligence satellite appears to have captured images of the train carrying the missile.

The distance from Pyongyang, North Korea to San Francisco, USA is roughly 5598.6 miles which is roughly 9010.07 kilometers.

The North Koreans have a missile with a range of 10,000 kilometers and it is believed that they may be moving that missile to the coast of North Korea, which could potentially put San Francisco in the sights of a North Korean nuclear tipped ICBM.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
As some have speculated, a nuclear device doesn't mean they have to launch a nuclear missile and wipe out a city. They could detonate a warhead miles above the US and create an EMP, wreaking havoc on our infrastructure.

This leader is young, headstrong and wants to prove that he is tough. Maybe he and his father argued about how best to take down the US. I wonder if one of his own commanders will take him out.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Let me try rephrasing a few things. Japan controlled Korea as part of their empire through WWII. It was agreed that the Soviets would liberate Korea from Japan and they did so as the war was winding down in August of 1945. The agreement that the Allies came to in regards to Korea was to set up the USSR as occupying the Northern half of Korean to the 38th parallel and the US would occupy the Southern half. During the time of these occupations, each of the Allies set up governments in their respective halves. There were issues with elections in both South and North Korea and we really weren't any better in our actions as we literally flew an exiled Korean into S. Korea to become their leader. It's not any different than what occurred in Germany (divided) or the formation of Israel in the same time period with the same cognitive flaw. Nobody asked the Korean people what they wanted or gave them the opportunity of actually being free to rule themselves. Just like they didn't allow Palestine an audience at the UN to state their feelings/opinions/desires in regards to part of their country being usurped for the formation of Israel. They were divided by agreement by other countries after being ruled by yet another country for a very long time. Germany had longstanding issues with their division and eventually the wall came down--literally. Both North Korea and South Korea want reunification at the heart of it. It's just who ends up running the show that is the big question.

Insert cute reunification flag: www.mtholyoke.edu...

So yeah, both the Allies (US and USSR) butted in and divided a country in two without asking the people living in that country what they wanted for their own country. This division and desire for reunifcation is what ended up bringing on the Korean War. If you want to specifically know why NK would go to the lengths of threatening to drop a nuclear bomb on us, well that's precisely what we threatened NK with in 1950 in response to N. Korean/China military movements. We threatened to drop an atomic bomb on them. In a sense, they are reciprocating on an old threat.

End take: Both the US and the USSR (and possibly China really) essentially created this mess. Just like what happened with the divided Germanies and the mess that is called Giza.
edit on 4/4/13 by WhiteAlice because: fixed broken link

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This could be the start of a new "Cuban Missile Crisis". I don't see how the United States can tolerate being within range of a North Korean ICBM. Unless we are dealing with a kinder and gentler America, I think this situation is going to go downhill quickly.

Currently the Reuters livestream camera from the border crossing near the UNIFICATION BRIDGE, PAJU, SOUTH KOREA EN ROUTE TO THE CROSSING INTO KAESONG INDUSTRIAL AREA is offline. Earlier today things seemed normal at the crossing. Of course, nobody was crossing the border.

reuters.livestation.com...
edit on 4-4-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Yes, I am anti-American...government... not people. You guys just seem hellbent to believe that your country is doing what is best for the world. Heck, your ancestors didn't even do good during WW II... you just moved in for the take over after the third reich got destabilised by the money paid by the US to France to incite anger towards the facist rule of Germany.

How many countries have actually openly attacked the US MAINLAND....? NONE... how many countries have the US invaded and attacked?
(don't start on Pearl Harbour.... you can't prove for a fact that it was NOT a false flag action. No-one can.)
edit on 4/4/13 by flice because: (no reason given)

First off US and UK forces in Africa cut off Nazi access to middle eastern oil fields; which in turn forced Hitler to engage Russia in the East in order to secure the Ukrainian oil fields of Russia. Without US and UK victory in Africa Germany would have been successful.

Second, the US army air corp (soon to be created as the USAF) invented 2 advanced models of aircraft which were solely responsible for allowing the Alliance to establish air dominance over mainland Europe, the second most critical and manditory victory in order to stop Nazi Germany.

Third, the US invented the atomic bomb, with saved millions of Allied military personnel from death by avoiding a land invasion of Japan, where every man women and child was prepared to die in order to kill us and sent fear into the Axis powers leadership, breaking their will to continue fighting.

Without those three most critical factors, all a direct result of USA intervention in WW2 the Allied forcess would have failed. Could the US have entered earlier and saved more lives, yes. Do Americans have WAY too much pride regarding our role is WW2, yes.

But your claim that the US forces in WW2 did "no good" is historically false and I think deep down you know that, this post is terrible inaccurate.

As for Pearl Harbor, proove to me is was a false flag... at worst it was a threat taking mildly that they knew could happen and didn't take steps to prevent it fully ahead of time. The Japanese attacked the USA on USA soil prior to our entrance in WW2.

God Bless,

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
April 15th is the 101st birthday of the founder of North Korea so look to April 15th as a day N.K. may try something militarily. Of coarse if they do try anything they will be turned to dust. They may not care though.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is likely a psyops and there is no NK threat. The hint was when it was an "unnamed spokesman for the North Korean army" that gave the warning and there's no verification of the supposed threats from Pyongyang.

The US is behind everything. When you realize that everything falls into place.
edit on 4-4-2013 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join