It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Approves Nuclear Strike On America

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Very impressive read. Thanks for that.

To answer your rhetorical questions with my own: maybe the north feels threatened by the south and by the us? Maybe that is why it singles out the states from the rest of the un aswell? (because the south is controlled, mostly or in part, by the us) Maybe they are like flice said, "overly controlling of their own people, and they do not want to lose that control"?

That was me paraphrasing flice btw. He actually spoke in a more gentile way, as if to say nk wanted peace by way of assimilation.
edit on 4/4/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Silly thing is we haven't stopped their nuclear goals and have probably strengthened their resistance with a self-righteous condescension.

If we had simply ignored them they would have achieved their nuclear goals and they wouldn't be interested in war because without all these sanctions it wouldn't be the black hole that it is. They wouldn't be kicking the South Koreans out. They wouldn't be starving. They would be like the south. And all because of a Cold War that no longer exists.

Right now the United States is playing the feudal landlord that threatens to kick peons of their property, and it was the very thing we rebelled against when this country told England to shove it and declared independence.

Now, the United States is the bully that the crown of England was 250 years ago.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

You've explained in far more detail and more eloquently than I have, thank you!

The most important part of your post, as I see it, is explaining to people that Russia was a huge aggressor, and makes the US look tame by comparison. Yet the US gets all the blame for being a nation with imperial tendencies, and Russia's puppet nations that THEY set up are seen as victims of America, not victims of Russia, as they rightfully should. This connects to NK as I see NK as a victim of Russian influence not American "imperialism"

I mentioned the issue of Afghanistan vs Russia simply to show that I'm not a blind supporter of any nation. It's too difficult to honestly pick who is right and who is wrong in an overall fashion, but in specific instances I think it's fair to call sides. I do realize how aggressive Russia was (or is depending on who you ask) and do not seek to alleviate them of their responsibilities, but I personally feel they shouldn't have gotten the bad press they did about Afghanistan.
edit on 4-4-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

To me its not about political philosophy. Communism versus the free world with NK and their presidency I think is a secondary issue.

It's about sovereignty and national pride.

Not being told what to do in the development of defensive weapons technology by nations that flout the rules as much as the North Koreans.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by Samuelis
Would just like to point out that the argument that the North Korean people aren't free anyway is an absolute joke. It's always the same justification.. Look what "enter rouge state here" are doing to it's people!

99% of the time you would be 100% correct... that's not the case here.

NK people, are quite literally, NOT free. They can NOT even leave their country. This is fact.

Like I said 99% of the time you'd be correct, but if you did any research at all into NK you'd realize that the real joke are people that defend the NK government. Not trying to attack you with that statement, but if you want to back up your idea that NK people are free, then please do so. If you refuse to back it up, then please leave the discussion to those that will put effort into defending their point of view.

it's quite obvious that many people are so entrenched in their hatred of America and/or the west that they will instantly side with whoever is against the west. The whole "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" idea has been proven over and over again to be terribly flawed. Not saying YOU are one of those people, but without any legitimate backing of your statement about the NK people, that is the most obvious assumption.
edit on 4-4-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

I don't support the NK government so don't fret I don't feel attacked by your post. Nor did I say that the NK people are free, I'm not sure that any humans are truly free. And yes I have researched the subject and came to my own conclusions before I decided to way in to the debate.

Also I don't believe the burden is mine to prove that NK citizens are free. It might be your responsibility to prove that they aren't since you are condoning the destruction of a sovereign nation, that really has every right to do as it pleases. The real joke here is you my friend. You've had a number done on you.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Also I don't believe the burden is mine to prove that NK citizens are free. It might be your responsibility to prove that they aren't since you are condoning the destruction of a sovereign nation, that really has every right to do as it pleases. The real joke here is you my friend. You've had a number done on you.

NK limits it's citizens from using the Internet to outside of their country, censors pretty much everything from the outside, forbids it's citizens from leaving, and appoints a tyrant of the same family line medieval style.
That guy simply states the obvious, and the joke's on him? I think you got it all wrong there buddy.

By the way;

Nor did I say that the NK people are free

Yes you did.

Would just like to point out that the argument that the North Korean people aren't free anyway is an absolute joke

Implying it's funny to even suggest the NK people aren't free is pretty much saying they are free. Word games such as "I don't believe any people are truly free" won't help you out of that one.

North
Koreans
Aren't free

Also, the same people who use the "it's their country, their right to be d**kwads" are probably the same who are outspokenly critic of the US regarding weapons ban, gay marriage, and all other social rights issues.
If you're not one of those then this is obviously not directed at you. But you gotta admit that the vast majority do act in such a hypocrite manner.
edit on 4-4-2013 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2013 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

NK limits it's citizens from using the Internet to outside of their country, censors pretty much everything from the outside, forbids it's citizens from leaving, and appoints a tyrant of the same family line medieval style.
That guy simply states the obvious, and the joke's on him? I think you got it all wrong there buddy.

Also, the same people who use the "it's their country, their right to be d**kwads" are probably the same who are outspokenly critic of the US regarding weapons ban, gay marriage, and all other social rights issues.
If you're not one of those then this is obviously not directed at you. But you gotta admit that the vast majority do act in such a hypocrite manner.

No I said he IS the joke. Could you please tell me which part of his post was stating the obvious? I'm really interested. Still none of that justifies anything?

The second paragraph I could just dismiss as another brain fart on your behalf.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Okay... so... the U.S. is moving a missile defense system to Guam, which will take two weeks. Thus North Korea has two weeks to nuke us. There you go, clear timetable.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Reply to post by Miracula

North Korea struggles with providing basic food for its people, but hey, it's cool because they have the bomb? This whole scenario points out how full of # the philosophy of Juche is and where the North Korean priorities are.

Starving people make for crappy soldiers. Leaflets promising hot meals and warm beds speak the right words to growling stomachs.

No, it is not about a nuclear deterrent. A nuclear deterrent is only necessary when a nation is a threat. North Korea is a welfare state.

Let me say that again: North Korea is a welfare state. It starves if it doesn't get aid.

Maybe you don't remember when the Dear Leader was pulling this crap under Bush and Clinton, but the result was they stopped their nuclear program to get aid.

www.armscontrol.org...

Read the above link. It's telling about Nork honesty.

Nonetheless they kept pulling the same stunt of stopping nuclear development for aid, and we kept playing. Now they've managed to string us out to where they have the bomb.

So here's the deal today: North Korea is attempting to use the threat of nuclear distruction to get its way. If we give in to this hostage situation today what will prevent nuclear hostage taking in the future by other countries?

China, Russia, UK, France, Pakistan, India, and US do not start their conflicts but threatening a nuclear first strike and cutting the lines of communication.

...and there is nothing defensive about a nuclear first strike.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
And in other news, American military-industrial complex welcomes NK threats with open arms

Pentagon OKs Lockheed or Boeing fighters sale to South Korea

The Pentagon said the Lockheed F-35 fighter sale would be worth up to $10.8 billion, including engines built by Pratt & Whitney, a unit of United Technologies Corp.

edit on 4-4-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
ok here`s my 2 cents, Iran are also developing a nuke and we are all aware Israel and the US are waiting for an excuse to go and invade/bomb Iran. Is this North Korea thing a precursor for that? We have a rogue state threatening Nuclear War and i can see this being an excuse to show the world that rogue states must not have these weapons and we must do all we can to stop them, therefore Iran must be stopped at all costs.

edit on 4-4-2013 by tekken55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
It's quite funny seeing the US politicians acting so scared all of a sudden and trying to backtrack everything. What a typical bully. Just bully the whole world like the US has been doing for years, then pick on the wrong one to bully and the true colors come out.

All these extremely disturbed psychopaths that post in these threads.....EXTREMELY disturbed are also the very same people that would NEVER EVER fight in a war. But do they just LOVE to come in here and war monger like the super creeps they are.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tekken55

What bothers me the most is that in the material on missile proliferation going back to the mid 90's, North Korea is both a purchaser and exporter. Iran is among their clients and suppliers since at least that time. The flow runs both directions. Nothing nefarious in and of itself, and nations have the right to ally and trade with whomever they want in peace. So far, Iran and North Korea have both been peaceful nations ...even if we're all painfully aware of the potential just now for that to radically change with one of them, at least.

So what bothers me is this. Iran has the missiles. Their Missile tech, for what they've chosen to develop, is among the best in the world OUTSIDE of the major world powers themselves. (They don't match domestic production of us, Russia, China or some of the other Western producers...but that's not entirely comforting for those living nearby)

How much and up to how recently has that tech been flowing? Among the things that have been established over the years is that A.Q. Kahn, the world's peddler of Nuclear tech, peddled to both Iran and North Korea. That would include advanced warhead designs. Did they make them? Hmmm... Who knows? I don't believe Iran has or intends to make warheads ...but then, that isn't their specialty. Missiles are. In joint effort? The two fill each others weaknesses quite well. Here's hoping Military Intelligence really IS an oxymoron. Now more than ever, we need that to be true.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

NK may have nuclear capability, and missile delivery capability, but they don't have nuclear missile delivery capability.

It'd take them two week to load a workable nuke onto a ocean barge capable of delivering whatever contraption they've cobbed together to the Pacific coastline for detonation. I think we'd see it coming.

This is just more reality TV drama from the idiots who are tasked with filling the dead air between election cycles with something - anything - to keep middle age white guys from changing the channel.
edit on 4/4/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I don't support the NK government so don't fret I don't feel attacked by your post. Nor did I say that the NK people are free, I'm not sure that any humans are truly free. And yes I have researched the subject and came to my own conclusions before I decided to way in to the debate.

Ok, I'll prove the people of NK are not free:

They cannot leave their country. Fact. They are prisoners inside their country. I don't know how you could get anymore non-free than that.

And I agree with you, north Koreans should be able to do whatever they want in their own country.... but that's the problem, they cannot. They are not allowed to do what they want. ONE person is in control of the country and forces the population to literally worship them as a god. Fact.

Where did I condone the destruction of a sovereign nation? I said I'd support a US liberation of NK, EXCEPT I would not trust the US to actually conduct it as a liberation. So, I in fact refused support to any action.

Let me ask you a question, if I had some powerful friends, and i took you captive, and took your whole state captive, forced you all to worship me, wouldn't let you leave and killed you and your family if you tried, how would you feel about someone from another state who wanted YOU to be free? How would you feel about a person from another state who was defending ME, and defending my capture of you and your state?

If you can show me, based on your research into NK that you evidently conducted, why the kim dynastic dictatorship is legitimate, and in any way shape or form represents the will of the people, I'll withdraw my claim that the people of NK need to be liberated.

If you think the Kim leadership is legitimate, simply because they had the military backing to take over, how is that ANY different than the US taking over north korea, simply because it also has the military backing to do so?

Either you are a legitimate leader who rules at the will of his people, and carries out their wishes, or you are an illegitimate leader who does NOT represent the people.

And why do you think it's OK that russia took over NK, and placed the leadership into power, and controlled and reformed the entire north, but it's somehow bad if the US were to do the same thing?

How do you even consider NK sovereign? SK and NK were one unified country not terribly long ago. Why is NK legitimate and sovereign, and not just a territory of SK that is under illegitimate rule?

Can you back up and defend your point of view and answer every one of these questions? Because I'm willing to answer every question you propose to me, as my opinions are formed by myself based on actual research and thought, and I have every intention and defending those opinions.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
No, it is not about a nuclear deterrent. A nuclear deterrent is only necessary when a nation is a threat. North Korea is a welfare state.

The whole point of having a nuclear deterrant is so that others don't threaten you. It does not matter what economic condition a country is in or who is in charge. That country "should" be deterred from threatening any other country that has nukes.

Quite clealry North Korea is NOT deterred by the US nuclear arsenel. So this begs the question : what is the point of the nukes? The only people who can ever be deterred by that arsenal are level headed thinkers, precisly the ones who would not use nukes anyway. The people who are not deterred are the lunatics, first strike thinkers etc so again what is the point of the nukes : guaranted annihilation if a lunatic pushes the button ? Utter madness. nukes are illogical.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
When I saw your "I'm not sure if this has already been posted..." I stopped reading. How many more of the same will pop up today?

One time is good...2 is as well...3-4-100...is redundant and clogs things up.....SEARCH 1ST BEFORE "BREAKING NEWS"...it was not...new

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It's not america NK will attack, it's south korea, a nuclear weapon will be used on the korean peninsula by the north koreans, the usa is rubbing shoulders with south korea thats north koreas enemy, thats the way they will look at it, U.S can't protect SK, your missles aren't fast enough.

If NK go down, so will SK, something triggers NK to attack SK with a nuclear weapon, out of anger.
edit on 4-4-2013 by PizzaVan because: update

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
My gut read on this is that KJU is losing faith of his people and in his /their sick demented ways they may actual still believe by flexing their military might may get his country men and women to love him again.

I say their, because KJU is just a little puppet daddy's boy and the real players are behind the scene lining their pockets while the masses starve all in the name of vanity and desperation.

I've said it before NK is the Paris Hilton of the world stage, famous for nothing worth noting.

I must say though my opinion is based on what the MSM wants me to see and for that very reason I call BS to NKs threats.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I'd be curious to what our (US) DEFCON status is. That would be a clear indication to how much we truly find these threats viable or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join