It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Approves Nuclear Strike On America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by James1982

In few words: What you, and greenglassdoor are saying, is that flice's perspective is not understanding that the us has not accepted the full peace treaties, because nk doesn't want justice for sk - it just wants to take them in and rule over them unjustly?

eta: Or is it just all a game of puppets, and the puppeteers are us and rus?
edit on 4/4/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

IMHO your right on both accounts.

NK doesn't want peace as we view the word, they simply want control over SK. Yes, they do want to bring north and south back together... under the rule of the north. The view themselves as the only legitimate korean government, with the south simply being a puppet state. which is true, but not the whole story. Both north and south are puppet states.

puppets calling other puppets out for being puppets, pot calling the kettle black and all that. While i'm no fan of the US government at least SK's citizens are treated like actual humans, unlike NK's citizens. When you have to keep your own people inside your country with electric fences so they don't escape you know something is messed up. When you are forced to believe your leader is bascially a god or else face death or worse, you know something is screwed up.

it's funny that people blame the US for all this trouble when russia and china are just as responsible. the US, china, and russia have/had their own interests at heart and care nothing of the korean people. they are/were simply using korea as a pawn, all sides are guilty, with the only victims and only innocent being the citizens of korea.

a 100% independent, united, prosperous, happy korea is not something ANYBODY wants to see, because it doesn't serve their interests, it's good for korea, bad for everyone else, and because everyone else is more powerful they are stopping korea from being united, prosperous, and independant.

i'm not taking any responsibility away from the USA, i'm simply looking at the bigger picture, the US, china, and russia are all just big bullies playing games with smaller/weaker nations, and to single out the US, or single out china is dishonest at best, they are all acting badly and hurting the korean peoples for their own purposes.

I know you are saying that you are not taking away responsibility of the US, but honestly....... neither China or Russia is no way near as imperialistic as the US is. China might be using money as a way to acquire property and influence in the third world. But America seems to be 100% depended of destroying countries with its military for growth and income in the homeland.
A country based on the necessity of war.
edit on 4/4/13 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by flice

Let's see Gitmo is a narrow group of people involved or associated with terrorists. As we saw in who the culprits were in Benghazi you don't go to Gitmo to die.

North Korea can't claim the same. mobile.news.com.au...

So the two aren't even comparable in purpose or scale. The fact that you apologize for them shows that you're so rabidly anti-American you're mind has become warped.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

So to put what you and flice are saying, together: nk sees us as the most responsible party for keeping their countries apart, thus they target the us.

That of course leaves blame/righteousness out of the frame of reference. e.g. how right/wrong the countries are ruled as one and whether or not it should or shouldn't be prevented.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
the worst thing nk could do is bio. anyone have info on their capability?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
If they do strike, I hope they hit the banks first. I know I shouldn't hope for things like that,but I do.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
Reply to post by flice

Let's see Gitmo is a narrow group of people involved or associated with terrorists. As we saw in who the culprits were in Benghazi you don't go to Gitmo to die.

North Korea can't claim the same. mobile.news.com.au...

So the two aren't even comparable in purpose or scale. The fact that you apologize for them shows that you're so rabidly anti-American you're mind has become warped.

Yes, I am anti-American...government... not people. You guys just seem hellbent to believe that your country is doing what is best for the world. Heck, your ancestors didn't even do good during WW II... you just moved in for the take over after the third reich got destabilised by the money paid by the US to France to incite anger towards the facist rule of Germany. Time and time again the US has shown itself to start something, change its mind because the idea backfires and then move in agressively... stop trying to change the world and you will most likely start to see a more peaceful world.

In regards to Gitmo... what's worse being dead or live in hell because you chose to oppose the wrong doings of the American government in your home country?

Again I ask.... why does the US government believe it has ANY right to impose on ANY country what to do or think?
And WHY is the American people blind to the fallacy of this idea?

How many countries have actually openly attacked the US MAINLAND....? NONE... how many countries have the US invaded and attacked?
(don't start on Pearl Harbour.... you can't prove for a fact that it was NOT a false flag action. No-one can.)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Thats a loaded questions..,i wish i could answer why we are so cruel to one another, but as it is South and North Korea have been in a state of war with one another for over 50 years,the specifics evade me but Nkorea is threatening nuclear war and that has to be taken seriously..
edit on 4-4-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

So to put what you and flice are saying, together: nk sees us as the most responsible party for keeping their countries apart, thus they target the us.

That of course leaves blame/righteousness out of the frame of reference. e.g. how right/wrong the countries are ruled as one and whether or not it should or shouldn't be prevented.

That would be a correct point of view in my opinion... not wether either country is right or wrong, but what NK believes to be right. That does excuse their actions but it certainly explains them.

I just chose to believe that regardless of what kind of state any country believe is the right way to rule themselves and the cost thereof to its people, we in the west have NO right telling them if they are right or wrong and we certainly have no right, by the guise of liberation to impose sanctions on said countries, simply because you don't hurt the government of those countries, you hurt its people and therefore sanctions are no more than a way to try and change the mind of the people to hate its government.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I just meant that I see all the turmoil you were referring to, but I do not understand it because there is so much propaganda and so many differences of opinions.

muddy the water means to purposefully make things unclear.

thanks for your reply though.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I understand that they probably don't have the capabilities to nuke the US mainland. It's still very scary to me that Jr. is huffing and puffing threats of nuclear war. They would be able to drop one on South Korea and if a nuclear weapon is used that is bad news for the world.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Good thing their only long range missile which isn't able to reach the US mainland failed.

Rest easy my liege. Sleep well.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

I don't know who is right or wrong, in regards to leadership, or what kind of current social structures are right or wrong, because there are far too many unknown variables to judge by.

However, I do think that most forms of government are feasibly justifiable, IF moral leadership is applied.

I think that even the most holy ideas can become corrupt if tainted by selfishness - and that seems to be a problem no matter where you look.

Thanks for your info, again.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

I know you are saying that you are not taking away responsibility of the US, but honestly....... neither China or Russia is no way near as imperialistic as the US is. China might be using money as a way to acquire property and influence in the third world. But America seems to be 100% depended of destroying countries with its military for growth and income in the homeland.
A country based on the necessity of war.

I refuse to go tit for tat on bad things done by different countries, it doesn't really accomplish anything, as we can continually go back in time as far as we want to switch blame from one party to another.

I also refuse to do it, because I'm not here to defend the US government or their actions, i'm simply here to voice my opinions, and present ideas and perspective to other people (the guy who asked about why NK hates America)

One could argue russia is far more imperialistic than the USA, if we don't forget about the soviet union, which was going around the world absorbing countries like it's nobody's business. very imperialistic behavior.

One could argue the USA is more imperialistic as it goes around the world buying influence and overthrowing governments to gain control or influence. Just a slightly different form.

One could again argue china is more imperialistic as it's doing similar things to the USA, it's going around the world trying to buy influence and loyalty, it's crawling all over Africa and behaving on the local level more like an African warlord.

Those arguments are just pointless IMHO, all they do is give people a reason to hate or support a given nation, when all 3 nations are responsible for a large chunk of the world's problems. Personally I'd say china is a least of the 3, as their actions have been far more recent. Russia was acting in an imperial fashion before the US was, and while the US was, they have slowed down recently, and China has taken their place. USA was very isolationist up until quite recently on the timescale of nations.

That's why I'm not going to support or defend, or attack any of the nations over another as a whole. I'll call out all nations when they do something I feel is wrong, and i'll defend a nation when I feel it's being demonized unfairly in a specific instance. And I'll apply that to any country equally, I'm not going to hate on russia or china simply because they are "opponents" of the USA, just like I'm not going to support the US simply because i live here.

I've defended russia quite a bit on the issue of Afghanistan, the legal government of Afghanistan was begging russia over and over to go into Afghanistan and help them fight the religious extremist rebels. While I've scolded the US for their role in funding and training the mujahideen. If I was just some blind america supporter I wouldn't do that Like I said, I call out bullchit when I see it, it doesn't matter what country it comes from. And I'll defend a nation regardless of which one, as long as I feel they are being unfairly attacked or demonized.

What I won't do is make some neat and tidy little judgement that "nation x" is the bad guy and "nation y" is the good guy. It's dishonest and ignores history.

I think the NK government is horrible and is destroying its wonderful people. I think the US government is horrible and is destroying its own people and other nation's people. China is doing the same. russia did the same and isn't terribly better today, they are slightly less of a mafia run country than they were, but it's impossible to forget their attempted takeover of the world following wwii and into the coldwar period.

They are all tainted and it's impossible to say one is better than the other overall. All we can do is evaluate specific situations, in the NK vs SK situation I believe NK is the more evil side. If they allowed their people to leave if they wished, that would do a great deal to show that they aren't an evil dictatorship that's holding it's own people hostage. As bad as the US, china, and russia is, at least their people can leave if they want to, NK cannot claim that, it's a prison country.
edit on 4-4-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I think we need faith to think freely. If we can have faith in others, then we can understand them; thereby understanding the situation.

(Super empathy)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Unfortunately we are past right or wrong or reason,we have entered the realm of the insane..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Reply to post by Bleeeeep

Really, you're buying that crap?

North Korea is a pure invention of global communism. It shouldn't even exist. The origins lay that in the final days of WWII Stalin wanted the Koreas to reflect both Communism and Democracy, so the country was split into two. The US occupied South Korea as they were removing the remanants of the Imperial Japanese Army.

In 1949 there were 500 KMAGs in country, getting ready to leave. The US Congress refused to send military aid to South Korea that year. Meanwhile the remanants of the Soviet's 25th Army had set up military acadamies and were providing weapons, training, and material to the North. When word got around that US was vacating North Korea attacked South Korea.

The invasion was, at minimum, supported by the Soviet Union if not planned outright by the Soviets.

The United Nations condemned the attack and decided to fight for South Korea. When the Norks and the Soviet "volunteer" pilots were about to be pushed into the Yalu River, ending the Korean War and Communism in North Korea, China sent in 1 million combantants and began pushing the UN southward. The war ends roughly where it begins.

China wanted North Korea intact as a buffer zone. With Taiwan on the Southern flank and a Unified Korea on the North, Mao was worried that the US might aid Chang KaiSheck and topple him, so an North Korea insulator gave him breathing room to only worry about an amphib invasion from Taiwan.

The Soviet Union wanted a North Korea to create a satellite state in the Pacific to offset Japan falling into the US sphere.

Strangely enough, the Korean War is what began the strain between the PRC and the Soviets. Mao saw the lack of Soviet ground forces as a lack of commitment to communism on behalf of Moscow.

Feel free to wade through the history yourself. The origins of the Korean War and conflicts will show the the Communists have made this junk yard dog.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

While I don't agree with everything flice says i totally agree when he said you should make up your own opinion.

And it seems you are doing that, it's good that me and flice have different opinions as it shows you the same subject from different perspectives allowing you a more informed view. Unfortunately many other people are totally unaware of the long history of korea and simply think that all of the sudden NK broke off and became a crazy dictatorship, when the reasons are far more complex than that.

As cliche' as it sounds to understand the present you have to understand history, it's 100% true. The reason for the current split in Korea is very obvious, opinion only comes into play when taking sides. If you want to go back further, Japan is the guilty party. They are the ones that took over Korea in the first place, setting the table for the current state of affairs.

Then if you want to go back even further you can blame Americans again, as America basically forced Japan to modernize ( and helped them modernize), which allowed Japan to become a powerful enough nation to defeat korea in the first place.

Then if you want to go back even further you can blame the British for colonizing america in the first place, setting the table for america's rise to power, which allowed america to modernize japan, which allowed japan to attack and defeat korea, which forced america to liberate korea from the japanese, so on and so forth.

As you can see, it's incredibly difficult to place blame, you can keep going back and shifting blame around until you are blue in the face

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

That would be a correct point of view in my opinion... not wether either country is right or wrong, but what NK believes to be right. That does excuse their actions but it certainly explains them.

I just chose to believe that regardless of what kind of state any country believe is the right way to rule themselves and the cost thereof to its people, we in the west have NO right telling them if they are right or wrong and we certainly have no right, by the guise of liberation to impose sanctions on said countries, simply because you don't hurt the government of those countries, you hurt its people and therefore sanctions are no more than a way to try and change the mind of the people to hate its government.

And I totally agree with you there, nobody has a right to tell others how to live their lives or run their countries.

But the problem is that NK people don't have the right to control their own lives. They can't even leave their country. So it's dishonest to say the NK issue is simply america trying to tell NK how the live. The NK government is controlling how NK people live, and they don't have a choice. THEY are not in control of their government, so just like america doesn't have the right to tell NK people how the live, the NK government also doesn't have a right to control the lives of the NK people without their choice.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Listen, the economy is goosed, there hasHAS to be a war somewhere against some "bad guys" and Korea MkII is just as good as anywhere else.

In fact the economy is totally goosed so it probably will be a world war.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join