It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A serious question about chemtrails

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by fireyaguns

I agree.

so how's those burnt fish at Exmouth doing?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Ha, you are here to get rid of this thread.

I wouldn’t have replied to my last post but you did just as expected, Thanks for confirming.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Tit for tat my friend.

I just questioned your comment about 50 years, you did the rest...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns

Not sure what you mean.

What are you talking about not working?

Maybe your here to throw this thread off topic also. We get it friend you don't understand arial geo engineering. Your welcome to start your own theads on contrails.
edit on 1-3-2013 by fireyaguns because: add

One thing I'd like to ask you, how is Arial geo engineering not working as you say?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

if it's been happening for 50 years and things are steadily getting worse, how else would you describe it?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Painfulhead

I have a serious question for you. Why can it not be contrails that are being added to video games?
Flight used to be only for the well off. Everyone didn't fly. Now at present, anyone and everyone can fly usually cheaper than they can drive. So there are many, many more flights today than there were say 50 years ago.

If it looks a lot like a contrail, and acts a lot like a contrail, why can it not be a contrail?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
Because now, unfortunately, contrails are seen in the sky and are the norm.
Notice I say contrails. There is no such thing as "chemtrails."
It's not programming, it's reality. There are more planes, flying more people to more places every single day. If you want no contrails, everyone should just stop flying.

Actually there are less flights now then 15 years ago. So that argument is invalid.

I know a way that could possibly sway some votes, does anyone have pictures of their cities skies on 9/11 when aviation was shut down. Now if there were contrails after lets say 11am or later then we now know that they weren't considered commercial aircraft and were doing the job they are tasked to do. Now if someone produced pictures on contrails on 9/11 at say 1pm what would you say to that?? I'm sure you can come up with a good excuse.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NONPOINT21
Actually there are less flights now then 15 years ago. So that argument is invalid.

I am afraid that just isn't true.

Can you provide some sort of proof for your statement?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NONPOINT21

Invalid? Less flights than 15 years ago? Mind posting a source? Every statistic website I could find shows your statement to be absolutely incorrect, bordering on dishonesty.

Even the FAA says it expects air travel to double over the next 20 years from the current amount.

edit on 1-3-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel

Unless I was at an airshow, I never saw contrails/chemtrails - whatever -- except for a very tiny, short line behind a jet flying so high I could barely see it. It never left long trails in the sky, and the trail never latest for more than a few minutes and then was gone. This was true my entire life until more recently, when the skies changed.

Nothing has changed apart from the increase in air traffic with High-bypass engines. I grew up in Scotland under a very well used transatlantic flight path. As a kid in the 1970s caught with the aviation bug I was fascinated by the aircraft and the contrails produced by the regular air traffic. I was an avid aircraft enthusiast through the 1970s and into the mid 1980s before I joined the military (since retired). The contrails I observed were no different from what is produced today albeit that there is more of them. Yes long, long trails that sometimes persisted. This myth of persistent contrails only appearing from the late 1990s is just that a myth.

Correspondence from aircraft enthusiasts during the 1940s in the UK in regards to aircraft trails.

www.flightglobal.com...

Note letter from David H. Darbishire in relation to spreading trails.

This is, naturally, a rather rare condition and is the intermediate between the two commoner phenomena of (a) the air is unsaturated and no vapour trail is formed, and (b) the air is supersaturated to the extent that the vapour trails formed persist, and, under favourable circumstances, may even spread.

Can you explain why people in the 1940s were observing persistent contrails?

Even test-pilots at the time were adding to the correspondence.

Geoffrey de Havilland, Jr, test pilot, wrote in Flight Magazine in June 1942

VAPOUR TRAILS Views of Well-known Test Pilot I WISH to correct the various erroneous statements that have appeared in the correspondence columns of Flight concerning the origin of aircraft vapour trails. The trails referred to are, without doubt, due to the condensation of the water vapour content of the engine exhaust gases; this condensation will always occur under favourable conditions of humidity and temperature at high altitudes. I have myself frequently observed these trails from the cockpit of a high-flying aircraft in the very act of formation at the exit of the exhaust pipes. The formation of a short trail, or, as Mr. Dixon has expressed if, a trail "like the wake of a boat," is merely the prelude to the formation of the familiar "permanent" condensation trail which will occur when the aircraft in question runs into more favourable atmospheric conditions. Another type of trail which may be induced by the passage of an aircraft through air of high relative humidity may well be termed an " adiabatic trail," since it has its derivation in the adiabatic cooling of the air concerned to below its dew point

www.flightglobal.com...

Recount from RAF Pilots in the 1950s on persistent contrails.

Image of RAF Canberra bombers producing contrails.

www.flightglobal.com...

www.flightglobal.com...

The other was to get the first-ever photographs from above of a formation making contrails at 40,000ft. Fortunately, very persistent trails were forming at the prescribed height—so much so that in flying a local circuit—via the Firth of Forth and Chelmsford ! —our own trails were still apparent on the return journey.

Possibilities Investigated by the Aircraft Recognition Society in the 1950s. Note the persistent contrail references and none of this non-sense that contrails only lasted a few minutes.

Another consideration is the length of the contrail: it may persist, and stretch from horizon to horizon; or it may be quickly re-absorbed, giving the effect simply of a short plume.

www.flightglobal.com...

www.flightglobal.com...

1970s

Measurements of the Growth of the Ice Budget in a Persisting COntrail - R. G. Knollenberg

journals.ametsoc.org...

Multiple Contrail Streamers Observed by Radar - Thomas G. Konrad and John C. Howard.

Images and study of persistent contrails

journals.ametsoc.org...

Full timeline at following posts. Includes a video of a chap that can't 'get' a book referencing persistent contrails during the 1940s.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1/3/2013 by tommyjo because: Malformed link corrected

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Chemtrails don't exist because the people that have 'scientific facts', regarding the forming of clouds, said so. They also say the government wouldn't hurt it's people. So, that's a relief. They also believe, these "chemtrails" are nothing more than "lingering contrails". Phew! Glad to know that!!! They believe that geoengineering is nothing more than a computer modulation, done in a laboratory.
Saves me time for my own research. They also believe that chemtrails can't be proven! So, there's no need to look any further. Oh, and they also believe that people who believe in chemtrails are "crazy" and should "seek therapy".

Nothing to see here, folks. Chemtrails are just a figment of your imagination. Aren't you glad you DENY'd IGNORANCE.
I sure am.

I'd like to watch some old classic movies, to see if there are any "lingering contrails" in any of the scenes. Surely, there has to be something from back in the day, that PROVES they've been there, all along. I know they have PLENTY of "lingering contrails" in today's movies. What about back in the day, about 60 or so years ago?
edit on 1-3-2013 by profundus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
obviously contrails are lingering longer now because of global warming.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by profundus
I'd like to watch some old classic movies, to see if there are any "lingering contrails" in any of the scenes. Surely, there has to be something from back in the day, that PROVES they've been there, all along. I know they have PLENTY of "lingering contrails" in today's movies. What about back in the day, about 60 or so years ago?
edit on 1-3-2013 by profundus because: (no reason given)

If that was provided to you, would it affect your opinion at all?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Are you being serious? You must not have read this entire thread. I posted a photo from the 1960's and a photo from the 1940's on the previous page showing persistent contrails.

You can see more photos of persistent contrails through the years here:

contrailscience.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Certain weather conditions can attribute to the length of time that contrails can linger.

Anyone with common knowledge of weather knows that the atmosphere is layered. The level of the atmosphere where most commercial airlines fly is quite different from what we feel at ground level.

Also it would be pointless to spray anything at the height that these chemtrails/contrails are being emitted. The barometric pressure and wind would variate as these so called chemicals fell, dispersing them too much to be effective.

Take crop dusting for an instance. You can't do it if it's too windy. In windy conditions, how could anyone emulate crop dusting at 30 thousand feet when pilots can't do it at a hundred feet?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_ "Nothing else needs to be said."

perhaps. however, i will say this;

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

and what is the chemical makeup of the lines in your picture?

Are they chemtrails, or are they contrails?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Are you being serious? You must not have read this entire thread. I posted a photo from the 1960's and a photo from the 1940's on the previous page showing persistent contrails.

You can see more photos of persistent contrails through the years here:

contrailscience.com...
PROVE your picture is from 1940. Some of you need to work on your "reasonable doubt" side. I've got pictures with "lingering contrails"
and photoshop. Your point is MUTE! Hardly considered "proof" or "facts". Nothing you show can be considered "facts". Nothing the chemtrail side can show as "fact" either. None of us have the "facts" about anything.

The only way to PROVE those clouds are PURE, is to grab one from the sky, drag it into court, and have them test it; right there, on the spot. Give your "lingering contrail" cloud a drug test.
lol:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by RoScoLaz

and what is the chemical makeup of the lines in your picture?

Are they chemtrails, or are they contrails?

i don't know. but i do know that there are days when this happens on a large scale, as when i took the pic, and other days when it doesn't. do the airlines have 'slow days' ? serious question. if so, that might account for the often massive difference between the amount of trails (chem or con) that i see. if not, then why on some days are there virtually none?
edit on 1/3/13 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by profundus

Have you ever heard of a Library? they keep books there. Book that could not have been photo shopped. If you go to such a place, and look up books on contrails, you will see the answers. But I will bet all the money in my wallet right now that you will not. You have no desire for answers, only validation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join