It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A serious question about chemtrails

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by RoScoLaz

and what is the chemical makeup of the lines in your picture?

Are they chemtrails, or are they contrails?

i don't know. but i do know that there are days when this happens on a large scale, as when i took the pic, and other days when it doesn't. do the airlines have 'slow days' ? serious question. if so, that might account for the often massive difference between the amount of trails (chem or con) that i see. if not, then why on some days are there virtually none?
edit on 1/3/13 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

I think when you look at flight traffic, it stays relatively the same day to day, but conditions that cause those contrails to be seen and to persist change as often as the weather changes if not more. So some days you will see the sky filled with them, and other days, not so much.

Edit to add:
And thanks for the polite, serious question.
edit on 1-3-2013 by network dude because: added information

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns
reply to post by Chadwickus

arial geo engineering.

Try to use the correct word when you are writing about things occurring up in the air.

arial - a commonly used font for printing. Other examples include Times New Roman and Verdana

aerial - existing, happening, or operating in the air

Helps give the impression you have some clue about what you are writing.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

reply to post by RoScoLaz

and what is the chemical makeup of the lines in your picture?

Are they chemtrails, or are they contrails?

i don't know. but i do know that there are days when this happens on a large scale, as when i took the pic, and other days when it doesn't. do the airlines have 'slow days' ? serious question. if so, that might account for the often massive difference between the amount of trails (chem or con) that i see. if not, then why on some days are there virtually none?
edit on 1/3/13 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

I think when you look at flight traffic, it stays relatively the same day to day, but conditions that cause those contrails to be seen and to persist change as often as the weather changes if not more. So some days you will see the sky filled with them, and other days, not so much.

Edit to add:
And thanks for the polite, serious question.
edit on 1-3-2013 by network dude because: added information
Flight traffic stays relatively the same day to day, right? So then, why is it, where i live, they only come around at certain times? They don't come this way, day to day. But, when they do come out, they come out, in force. The come out, plane after plane, after plane, after plane. Steady, throughout the day. They leave loooooooooooooooong trails, as far as the eye can see, in both directions. It's so blatant and in your face, how can it be denied???

I have pictures of the skies, from the time they start spraying, til the time the sun sets. The effects that these "trails" have on the weather is UNDENIABLE.

Let me also ask this...if these "contrails" can produce clouds, how come they weren't flying regularly, in the areas being affected by the drought?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by profundus

Let me also ask this...if these "contrails" can produce clouds, how come they weren't flying regularly, in the areas being affected by the drought?

Why would they?
Neither contrails or cirrus clouds (which are essentially the same thing) produce precipitation which reaches the ground. Rain and other precipitation comes from lower level clouds.

edit on 3/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Why would they?
Neither contrails or cirrus clouds (which are essentially the same thing) produce precipitation which reaches the ground. Rain and other precipitation comes from lower level clouds.

Why would they? I don't know??? Maybe, to block the sun???
Do people think OUTSIDE of the BOX anymore???

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Thinking outside the box is fine if you have some idea of what's inside the box in the first place.

How does "blocking the sun" help a drought? A drought is a lack of precipitation.
Did you know that contrails actually seem to have a net warming effect? They trap heat at night, preventing cooling.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I am curious, why did you ignore this question?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NONPOINT21
Actually there are less flights now then 15 years ago. So that argument is invalid.

I am afraid that just isn't true.

Can you provide some sort of proof for your statement?

Those are forecast numbers and not actual numbers. Call an airline and ask them. Gas prices would be a major factor on why there are not as many flights as 15 years ago, plus families can't afford to fly as often due to the economy and private pilots no longer can afford to fly as often because of both reason above. It makes for less actual traffic in the airs.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by NONPOINT21
Actually there are less flights now then 15 years ago. So that argument is invalid.

Invalid? Less flights than 15 years ago? Mind posting a source? Every statistic website I could find shows your statement to be absolutely incorrect, bordering on dishonesty.

Even the FAA says it expects air travel to double over the next 20 years from the current amount.

edit on 1-3-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

Ok great that is not a fact thats an opinion by the FAA. They expect it to which doesn't mean it will. I expect to win the lotto and quit working in the next 20 years. Do you believe that also?
edit on 1-3-2013 by NONPOINT21 because: changed

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NONPOINT21

International Passenger departures 1998: 31,134,000
International Passenger departures 2011: 58,496,587
tinet.ita.doc.gov...

Seems that would require a few more flights.
Do you want domestic figures too?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Why? Do you have a specific movie in mind???

I'll just STATE FOR THE RECORD: I'm not a "chemtrail theorists". I believe they are MANIPULATING THE WEATHER, with their fancy little toys. And, i also believe that these "chemtrails" are part of WEATHER MODIFICATION! You can call it, "geoengineering", "aerosol spraying", or whatever fancy word you want; but it still doesn't change the fact that they CAN make it rain or not! They CAN make earthquakes. They CAN move hurricanes; and they HAVE DONE so! There's a whooooole lot of things "THEY" can do, that YOU or me, don't know about. Nor will we ever; even when they use them against us. The stuff you see in movies, isn't far from the truth, my friend. You just have to view them, with a different PERSPECTIVE!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by profundus

You made a statement that you didn't believe there could be proof of persistent contrails in the 60-s and 70's. I asked a very,very specific question that if you were provided that information, would it change your mind? If you are afraid to answer, just say so. It's ok.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by NONPOINT21

International Passenger departures 1998: 31,134,000
International Passenger departures 2011: 58,496,587
tinet.ita.doc.gov...

Seems that would require a few more flights.
Do you want domestic figures too?

The whole .gov thing...irks me! It let's me know, you BELIEVE THEM. Yeah, those numbers are kinda like the unemployment rate. Anymore "proof" or "facts"? Please, HUMOR ME!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by profundus

You made a statement that you didn't believe there could be proof of persistent contrails in the 60-s and 70's. I asked a very,very specific question that if you were provided that information, would it change your mind? If you are afraid to answer, just say so. It's ok.
Well, i was hoping you'd go a little bit further back, then the 60's or 70's, considering that was around the time of the Vietnam War. And, we ALL KNOW what happened there. Anymore "proof" they don't use "chemtrails" anymore???

Again, i'm NOT a "chemtrail theorist". I'm a REALIST! And you "contrailers" are living in DENIAL!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

to be clear, I am living in denial because I don't automatically believe the the pictures of white lines behind planes are chemtrails? Please humor me and tell me why they cannot just be contrails.

Why are you still living in the US? If "they" are really out to get you, shouldn't you do something about it? Like move?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Please don't take this the wrong way, but unless you accept that the real world can and does exist, these discussions will be completely pointless. Fantasy land is a great place to visit, but if you live there, the view can become obscured.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

to be clear, I am living in denial because I don't automatically believe the the pictures of white lines behind planes are chemtrails? Please humor me and tell me why they cannot just be contrails.

Why are you still living in the US? If "they" are really out to get you, shouldn't you do something about it? Like move?
It's a WORLDWIDE phenomena, in case you didn't get the memo. Do you think everything revolves around the US? You are QUICK to make assumptions, when you know NOTHING about the person, responding to your willful ignorance. Again, like i said, you can call them whatever fancy name you want, but they're not "normal" and certainly aren't natural.

At this point, even the name: "chemtrail" is tired and OLD! Kinda like the arguments you and the rest of the "i don't see anything out of the norm" crowd, pass off as "proof" and "facts". You say science this, and science that, but science is the one making this stuff happen. You DENY the very "science" you support. Science involves lots of TESTING; and testing requires real life scenarios and guinea pigs.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Please don't take this the wrong way, but unless you accept that the real world can and does exist, these discussions will be completely pointless. Fantasy land is a great place to visit, but if you live there, the view can become obscured.
And your facts from 1940's is living in TODAY'S REAL WORLD. I hardly think so. That's why these discussions are "completely pointless". You're still living in YESTERDAY'S technology and Science!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You are correct. Blocking the sun would probably make a drought worse since precipitation usually, but not always, results from convective activity, which occurs when the surface is irradiated by the sun and warms. Moisture laden warm air near the surface is warmed, and since warm air is less dense, it rises and adiabatic cooling causes it to reach the dew point, the water vapor condenses and falls to earth as rain. The air at 35,000 feet is so cold it can carry very little moisture. The water vapor that causes contrails is carried aloft as jet fuel (dudocane) and results from the combustion of this hydrocarbon in an oxygen environment. The chemical reaction is:C26H12+O2+N2->CO2+H20+NOx. Sulfur impurities in jet fuel also result in emissions of various sulfur oxides which can combine with H2 to make H2SO4, or sulfuric acid - acid rain.
One other chemical fact to consider is that aluminum is a very bright silver. Contrails are a bright white.
And I have an offer which should be irresistable for any true believer in chemtrails. My company has a Learjet 25D which is certified to 51,000 feet. For $3,000 we can use it to go up and actually capture a piece of trail. (Yes I said "trail.") My lab (I am a forensic scientist) can then do a qualitative analysis and see what is actually there. I have the use of a quality GC/MS machine which can without any doubt resolve the question. Just send me a private message if you are a Chemmie who is willing to put his money where his (or her) speculation is.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy
reply to post by Phage

You are correct. Blocking the sun would probably make a drought worse since precipitation usually, but not always, results from convective activity, which occurs when the surface is irradiated by the sun and warms. Moisture laden warm air near the surface is warmed, and since warm air is less dense, it rises and adiabatic cooling causes it to reach the dew point, the water vapor condenses and falls to earth as rain. The air at 35,000 feet is so cold it can carry very little moisture. The water vapor that causes contrails is carried aloft as jet fuel (dudocane) and results from the combustion of this hydrocarbon in an oxygen environment. The chemical reaction is:C26H12+O2+N2->CO2+H20+NOx. Sulfur impurities in jet fuel also result in emissions of various sulfur oxides which can combine with H2 to make H2SO4, or sulfuric acid - acid rain.
One other chemical fact to consider is that aluminum is a very bright silver. Contrails are a bright white.
And I have an offer which should be irresistable for any true believer in chemtrails. My company has a Learjet 25D which is certified to 51,000 feet. For $3,000 we can use it to go up and actually capture a piece of trail. (Yes I said "trail.") My lab (I am a forensic scientist) can then do a qualitative analysis and see what is actually there. I have the use of a quality GC/MS machine which can without any doubt resolve the question. Just send me a private message if you are a Chemmie who is willing to put his money where his (or her) speculation is.
Since you "got it like that", why don't you do it yourself; and post it on ATS. Make sure you videotape it, and post it on youtube. Maybe "myth busters" could team up with you.
Who is the burden of proof on? The chemtrailers or the contrailers? Who's the one up in the skies, flying around, blocking the sun and changing the weather patterns; the chemtrailers or the contrailers???

Tell your company to hook you and your boys, at the lab, up, with the learjet 25D
because you want to "go up and capture a piece of trail"
, then, "your lab" with your "forensic" expertise
can do a "qualitative analysis", so you can see
What is actually there?

That is the FUNNIEST thing i have EVER heard. I'm actually laughing in tears.

Do it in your Tattoo voice: "Boss, de playne; de playne".

ATS is soooooo much better than TV.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join