It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A serious question about chemtrails

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
......................................A serious question about chemtrails...........................

If the sky looks the same now as it did ten years ago then why are game programmers only now adding them to the sky?

I have friends that work in similar fields and as a whole realism is very very important. So if there where lingering contrails in the sky they would have been put in. any one that plays games can verify this them self’s. Take any race title and you will see what I mean. or take the last Modern Warfare in multi player the new download maps all had lingering contrails.

putting them in the sky in games, movies, commercials, magazine all adds up to programming. And again if they where there then why didn’t we see them as predominantly as now?

I have said before that I am on the fence on this topic yet things like this stick out as odd.

thanks ; Painfulhead

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Painfulhead

No such thing as chemtrails. No such thing as chemtrails...

Seriously. Maybe they just never thought to put them in there before.

edit on 2/28/2013 by Klassified because: corrections

edit on 2/28/2013 by Klassified because: redaction

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Technology more than likely. The more stuff on the screen the more processing power and as computers get better they can add more fluff.

Couldn't really handle it ten years ago.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

they couldnt render clouds?
this has been easly done since the original xbox. i think your answer is wrong. but nice try.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Lingering contrails. The whole basis of the "chemtrail" disinfo campaign. It's really sad that those on the fence haven't done the most basic amount of research.

Lingering contrails in the 1960's:

Lingering contrails in the 1940's:

Nothing else needs to be said.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yeah.
I've noticed the BBC's Top Fear show.

Nearly every outside shot has chemtrails/lingering contrails in the sky.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Because now, unfortunately, contrails are seen in the sky and are the norm.
Notice I say contrails. There is no such thing as "chemtrails."
It's not programming, it's reality. There are more planes, flying more people to more places every single day. If you want no contrails, everyone should just stop flying.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

It's really sad that those on the fence haven't done the most basic amount of research.

What's really sad is that you and others expect that if someone "on the fence" has done their research, they would of necessity, have to reach the same conclusions as you.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

as a home maker weather and cloud expert can you tell me why contrails linger regardless of the conditions? i know that when conditions are right contrails can linger, its just that now over my head very day the conditions are right.every season the conditions are right, night day, that dont seem right.

and as a side note why to jump right in almost like clockwork. you are diligent.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Painfulhead because: spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
What's really sad is that you and others expect that if someone "on the fence" has done their research, they would of necessity, have to reach the same conclusions as you.

The main basis for the "chemtrail" disinfo campaign is that if a contrail persists, it's a "chemtrail". Since contrails have been persisting for 80+ years, the "persistent contrail = 'chemtrail'" disinformation is just that. And as such, there is only one conclusion to reach.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

The main basis for the "chemtrail" disinfo campaign is that if a contrail persists, it's a "chemtrail". Since contrails have been persisting for 80+ years, the "persistent contrail = 'chemtrail'" disinformation is just that. And as such, there is only one conclusion to reach.

Agreed. Nevertheless, the fact that contrails can persist is not conclusive evidence that chemtrails don't exist. It is only conclusive evidence that contrails can linger. What is being seen could be either. However, I will concede there is no substantial evidence for chemtrails at this point in time. At least, imo. But to me, both sides of this endless debate have reasonable points, except those who take it to extremes in either direction.

As far as I'm concerned, the possibility is there, whether I want to consider it or not.

edit on 2/28/2013 by Klassified because: Correction

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Good point.

Like in earlier racing games, when you hit something, there would be no damage to the car but in new games, there is!

This confirms that 10-15 years ago, real race cars didn't show damage either.

Something fishy for sure....

edit on 28/2/13 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I am not a 20 something. I've been around a bit. I've always been a "sky watcher" since I was a child. I was fascinated by the sun, moon, stars, seasons, storms, weather and clouds. I studied weather, and kept "logs" as a kid trying to learn how to read the sky to anticipate weather. (I felt like indigenous peoples could read the weather, wind, seas and signs in nature -- and I wanted to be able to do that too - to anticipate what was coming next). I had books about clouds with full color pictures - and talked incessantly to my brother and parents about what kind of cloud was above us and what it meant for tomorrow's forecast.

Unless I was at an airshow, I never saw contrails/chemtrails - whatever -- except for a very tiny, short line behind a jet flying so high I could barely see it. It never left long trails in the sky, and the trail never latest for more than a few minutes and then was gone. This was true my entire life until more recently, when the skies changed.

For the past 10 or more years, the skies are increasing criss crossed with trails that last for hours and hours. They spread, and thin out and look like "thin cloud cover" but it's not true clouds. The number of times I actually see fluffy white cumulus clouds (not big towering cumulus about to turn into rainclouds/thunderstorms) but just happy looking fluffly little clouds that float by on blue-sky days -- the ones we used to paint in our pictures and color in our coloring books -- that number is hardly ever where I live (major metro area).

If you watch movies from the 50s, 60s and even 70s-80s, you'll see outdoor vistas with real cloud formations of all types...real cirrus clouds -- which we don't seem to have anymore -- that would indicate a changing weather pattern, and mackeral clouds, etc.. What looks sort of like cirrus clouds today is simply fanned out "trails" that linger forever it seems. Don't take my word for it. Go look at real photographs of your relatives (or yourself if you are older) from back a few decades - or home movies - or rent a couple old movies with outdoor vistas - and look at the skies. Tell me what you see -- or rather, don't see.

And, now, today, I see on games, kids cartoons, the Disney opening on movies, TV shows, etc. that have trails in the sky. Why? Because it's the new norm.

I noticed the trails, but didn't know what to make of them. And then one day someone mentioned the word "chemtrail" and Dennis Kucinich -- and I looked it up. I have read/studied about clouds, trails and "chemtrails" for years. I do believe something is amiss. I don't claim to know what. I'll never know. But I miss real clouds of my youth -- all the interesting skies. I have so many photographs (one of my passions growing up) of REAL clouds and beautiful sunsets that don't have one single solitary trail in them. (Unless I was taking photos at an airshow.)

My children will only remember trail filled skies. It makes me sad.

Laugh and bash if you want. I just know our once beautiful skies are different these days. I know what I saw growing up. And I know what I see now. What I don't know is what to believe about this.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel
the skies changed.

it's the new norm.

our once beautiful skies are different these days.

And yet, when photos from the 40's and 60's are posted with the exact same lingering contrails and criss-crosses, you people just totally ignore them like they don't exist. Those photos are posted for a reason: So that you people won't try to claim what you just did.

Contrails are the same as they ever were. The only difference between now and the 40's/60's is that there are tons more planes in the air making contrails now than there were back then. Other than more planes and more contrails, nothing else has changed. Everything is the same.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Painfulhead
......................................A serious question about chemtrails...........................

If the sky looks the same now as it did ten years ago then why are game programmers only now adding them to the sky?

Game systems are only now powerful enough to display details like that. If you compare new games to games from 5-10 years ago, you will not see that kind of detail in the sky textures simply because outside of a few notable titles like Crysis, the system resources did not support it.

Having wasted many hours investigating this red herring, I will mention that I have seen simply zero evidence out there, not even flimsy evidence, that "chemtrails" are anything other than lingering contrails. The entire related body of discussion comes across as pure hysteria, without a shred of useful evidence.

By comparison, even fringe science like cryptozoology looks solid - in that field, at least we have analysis of hominid photos, a few videos, fossil records, DNA analysis, hair samples, footprint casts, audio recordings, etc etc.

People who want to freak out about "chemtrails" could instead be looking at cloud seeding, storm dissipation efforts or other types of weather modification, which are actually existing, documented and controversial programs being carried out all over the world.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Autograf because: grammar

edit on 1-3-2013 by Autograf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Chemtrail is an escape goat word for those who deny the truth and the shills that continually start strawman arguments over the chemtrail word.

Arial Geo Engineering is real and changes the whole discussion as we are not talking about chemtrails but Arial geo engineering.

I have seen also more often these last 10 years, children’s movies and cartoons full of Arial geo engineering back grounds, cars is a good example (I am not saying Arial geo engineering has'nt been going on for many many years, most likely over half a centry).
Hollywood has its minders also like all entities, they have been infiltrated by the synagogue of Satan.

edit on 1-3-2013 by fireyaguns because: was going to mention HAARP but might do later

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by fireyaguns

Half a century?

50 years...

Not working very well then is it?

edit on 1/3/13 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Not sure what you mean.

What are you talking about not working?

Maybe your here to throw this thread off topic also. We get it friend you don't understand arial geo engineering. Your welcome to start your own theads on contrails.
edit on 1-3-2013 by fireyaguns because: add

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by fireyaguns

Geo-engineering for 50 years.

That is what you said isn't it?

Doesn't appear to be working if that's the case,,,

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It appears the dumbing down side of Arial geo engineering is working just fine

<<   2  3  4 >>