It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
reply to post by NorEaster

I humbly suggest reading some of the works of John Curtis Gowan. He was actually a pretty big name in the educational psychology field. What you have been stating has a lot of correlation between what he wrote and may therefore may be of interest to you. His son, John A. hosts a few of his father's works on his website.

Thanks. I will. I've been searching for anyone who's already put together the information I'm dealing with. It'd be refreshing to discover that John Gowan has already tilled this field. A major relief, in fact.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Actually, I changed my mind.

Was going to say something but nevermind.

Keep on.
edit on 1-3-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Keep on.

That's okay. I see now that Mr. Gowan wasn't involved in TOE research. I love Google. I don't know how anyone ever got anything done without it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

to the OP yeah I know what you mean....Our generation had no great war.. no great depression..our greap depression is our lives . But I think Durden spoke too soon.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I've had the same feeling for a couple of years now, It's gradually got more intense over the past 12 months. The feeling that something big is coming and it used to scare me, now it's more of a curious excitement. I kind of though December 2012 would bring it to a head, but no. It just got stronger. Some days it's worse than others. I wish I could explain it properly, but I'm glad I'm not the only one and I cannot wait to find out what does happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I came to this site for the reason -an overpowering feeling that things are about to change, that things are in motion and we need to be prepared. I have had and still have a feeling that change will happen rapidly and that eventually things will work out for the good (hope I am right on that one) can't pinpoint how I know this just that I do - frightening exhilirating type feeling - wish I knew but afraid to know all in the same

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Hello, ATS.

All my life I've had this feeling of.....waiting. For what? I do not know. I only know that it feels as if something's out there, and I'm at the mercy of its timeline.

I wish I could describe this waiting sensation better, but I don't know that I can.

So I go through my daily routine, waiting for this....something.....and all the while life passes by.

Is it a distraction? Or is my lifestyle distracting me from discovering what I'm waiting for?

I'm 38 years old, I feel like I'm 18, and yet my life is halfway over in all likelihood. And the waiting continues, on and on.

Do you feel it? Have you discovered what you're waiting for? Or, like me, do you still wait?

Any and all replies welcomed.

Holy crap!!!! I am the same age as you and you just nailed how I feel to a T! I have felt this way for quite some time now, just going through the motions, day to day, waiting, days pass, more waiting, I have not figured it out but now I must read through all responses to find out if anyone can offer meaningful thoughts. S+F smylee

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
This was a wonderful thread. I'm sad to see it slowing down. This thread has served to bring me out of my shell a bit more. I even went out on my own, without dragging my husband or kids with me. It's something I haven't really done in a very long time. Thanks again Smyleegrl, this thread has helped me remember I'm not as alone in the world as I feel.

Peace,
Cirque

Myself included - I was hoping for more information. I am amazed at the info Smyleegrl other thread about many of us. It seems like we have some connections but not really clear to what those are except that we all have the same feelings. I had high hopes for 2012 and the fact that the sun was so close to the earth that we would have lost some of those Sats you know the spy ones we see in the movies which is only a guess of what is really up there. I really wanted to see the great RESET lol....

Once again Smyleegrl it was a pleasure to do many Stars and again only have one flag to offer you. IMHO this is the finest thread I have ever seen in ATS. Wonderful how long the Trolls stayed away. Perhaps that was due to the anti Troll spray that was used by the member who posted us the photo of what he was using LMAO!

Edited to say I am not fearing a change or what may come. We cannot continue as we are so something is better than the status quo IMHO!
edit on 3/1/2013 by IceHappy because: Edited to say I am not fearing a change or what may come.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I did not expect this many replies. It's rather...startling.

I'd like to see if we can recognize some common traits.

I don't know my blood type, sorry.

Here's a link to a personality test. It'd be interesting to see if several of us get the same results.

Here are my results.

The only thing it told me with certainty is I am an introverted feeler, the other 2 categories were borderline.

Out of the 4 choices ISFJ Protector and INFJ Counselor seemed to fit best.

edit on 1-3-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: it cut out my response *sigh*

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
We're really close now. Can you feel the difference just from, say, end of January to the now of March 1st? I CAN.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I was just wondering how many of smylees gang are not scared of what is to come. And please dont flayle me for that,i just saying how i feel.

For me it is not a sense of doom. I'm not 'waiting' for the end.

It is just a sense that 'something' monumental is upon us. Good? Bad? Somewhere in the middle? I have no idea. It feels like nothing will be the same after whatever it is happens.

Probably doesn't make much sense but that's the best I can describe the feeling.

And to reiterate, once again, I'm not actually waiting. I'm very involved in my life, my family, and my community. I haven't placed my life on hold. I make plans for the future.

It's just this damnable feeling that I can't shake.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Juslurkin because: added info

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I'm 35 but still feel 18.

I'm waiting but not sure for what. Since grade school I was renting books from the library on lost ancient civilizations and ufo studies... Roswell...etc. A part of me is waiting for disclosure. Its been a dream of mine to see it in this lifetime.

I've also been searching my whole life. Trying to get to the bottom of things and figure out exactly what I'm supposed to be doing here. The true meaning of life. I want to know the secrets of the universe.

I def think something big is coming our way and I think it's getting closer, but I don't know what it is. Lately I have also had this sense to start preparing for something big, some kind of disaster.... Its kind of strange. I feel as though time and events are speeding up to one big event. I feel lucky to be on earth at this time. Wether it be good or bad I think we are going to witness something life changing and live through some interesting times.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I've also been searching my whole life. Trying to get to the bottom of things and figure out exactly what I'm supposed to be doing here. The true meaning of life. I want to know the secrets of the universe.
reply to post by miss_sky

This. You described it exactly right.

To me, it's almost as if this search is the single most important thing I need to do, but living is getting in the way of that search.

I have no idea if that makes any sense, but I completely understand and agree with your post.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I know what I am waiting for now! I am hoping to be selected to be a Beta tester for Skyrim on-line!
I applied.
I would be an awesome tester....it is my destiny....I spent 2005 playing World of Warcraft...everyday...12 hour days...do you know how much beer that is?!

Look more syncronicity! it's in the title...."The Waiting GAME: Do You Feel It?" I do! I do! I'm waiting to play.

hahaha, I can sympathize with this. I am a long time WoW player as well, and was very excited when Elder Scrolls Online was announced.

On a seperate note I have noticed than everyone who has commented and took that test is an introvert, I hate to be a downer, because I think it is more than that but the logical portion of me is considering the possibility that it is a "feeling" written into our specific personality? One thing is certain, we all feel a part of each other just by sharing this feeling, and I share the sentiment that I feel I could "get along" marvelously with any of you in RL.

Truly an epic thread beyond doubt!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I came out as an extrovert....and I am in the group of those waiting for something. Here's my results from taking the test...

Your Results for The TypeFinder Personality Test
March 1, 2013, 10:33 am
Section I: Your Preferences

This section will explain how you scored on each of the four preference facets.

Read more: www.truity.com...

You Are an Extrovert

You prefer Extraversion over Introversion by a 39.13% margin. This facet describes how you get your energy.

Extroverts get their energy from engaging with people, objects, and experiences in the world around them. They are energized by:

Interacting with other people
Being in busy surroundings
Engaging with the outside world
Expressing thoughts and feelings
Thinking out loud
Stimulation and activity

You Are an Intuitive

You prefer Intuition over Sensing by a 58.7% margin. This facet has to do with how you take in information.

Intuitives take in information using a "sixth sense" and focus on meaning, connections, and possibilities. They like to focus on:

Observing patterns and connections
Interpreting meaning
Imagining potential
Ideas and concepts
Innovation and creativity
Possibilities for the future

You Are a Feeler

You prefer Feeling over Thinking by a 8.7% margin. This facet describes how you prefer to make decisions.

Feelers make decisions based on subjective values, and focus on using empathy and compassion to arrive at a conclusion. They decide by:

Consulting personal values
Considering morality and ethics
Analyzing the impact on people
Applying subjective understanding
Seeking harmony and appreciation
Being involved and invested

You Are a Judger

You prefer Judging over Perceiving by a 8.7% margin. This facet describes how you prefer to approach the world around you.

Judgers like structure and order, and want to make decisions and plan ahead. They prefer to:

Make a decision as soon as possible
Understand the rules and regulations
Set clear expectations
See a task through to completion
Adhere to a schedule
Create a plan and stick to it

Read more: www.truity.com...

Des

edit on 1-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Keep on.

That's okay. I see now that Mr. Gowan wasn't involved in TOE research. I love Google. I don't know how anyone ever got anything done without it.

No, he was not though there may be some relationship. Dr. Gowan's primary research area was educational psychology, creativity, and, in particular, gifted children. However, several of his writings from the late 70's to 1980 (available online) are heavily inspired by the Huxley's and Heisenberg. I've read what is available of these works and some of what you were describing needled Gowan into my head. Were you able to locate those books?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I have felt it my whole life, I find it to be somewhat a feeling of eagerness. As a child I was often unhappy in science class and social studies because to me I felt like there was something more to it and nobody was able to explain what is was. I thought maybe I was just "different" than most kids, so I stopped asking.

During my teen years I attempted to block it out, because it was eating me inside, I could not stop feeling it, and it was driving me nuts. Sadly, I turned to drugs and alcohol in hopes I could find a different "peaceful" euphoria, however, I finally came to the conclusion that no matter what substance I used when it was gone I would still be eagerly waiting for something.

I joined the military once I turned eighteen. It was a love/hate relationship, I loved the travelling and saw many places, Germany, Russia, Japan, Philipines, Afghanistan, Iraq, Canada, Ireland, but it was not enough, there was still something else that I longed to see or experience. This is when I turned to meditation, hoping to silence my mind or find out what this feeling was. I was able to still my thoughts but could never really pin point why I had this feeling and still when I came to I had that same feeling as if it were lingering behind me waiting for me to wake up.

Recently, the feeling has grown stronger, I can not say if it has to do with recent events or if it because I am growing older and still have not seen what I am waiting for. It still eats me up and I do pray that it is not just waiting to die. There has to be something more to it than just that.
edit on 1-3-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice

Originally posted by NorEaster

Keep on.

No, he was not though there may be some relationship. Dr. Gowan's primary research area was educational psychology, creativity, and, in particular, gifted children. However, several of his writings from the late 70's to 1980 (available online) are heavily inspired by the Huxley's and Heisenberg. I've read what is available of these works and some of what you were describing needled Gowan into my head. Were you able to locate those books?

My wife would probably agree that he was referring to me with this one although I probably wouldn't view it as a compliment

The books I found all related to studying "unique" ways of thinking. I know that I suffer from this sort of "affliction", but the good part is that if something good comes of it, then it'll be viewed as a gift.

Until then, however.... :~\

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Smylee,

It makes perfect sense. Its almost like these obstacles were put here on purpose..... People getting to caught up in the rat race and base their whole lives on material things....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So... what happens now that we have discovered there is a 'waiting' for something and that quite a lot of us share this and similar other things??

Do we keep this thread going and see who notices it first or do we let it slide and be forgotten??

I think i'll remember this thread and if/when I feel something is about to happen, i'll come here and post about it... will be easier than going to each profile and doing so.... or maybe a new thread will pop up.

I've been thinking about this as well. I know the thread's critics swooped in and either didn't get it or didn't care what the majority were saying. But what struck me was the level of civility overall, the eagerness for people to respond openly, and the "okay-ness" of saying "me too" in a thread when the rules of the road here on ATS tend to discourage that type of "me to" post.

We've discovered that here, on a site where many come because they question or think differently than others on many topics -- that beyond that, there's a group who actually shared a vague funky feeling that almost defies words, and seems so odd that -- even on a conspiracy type site -- most would be hesitant to bring it up -- that is, until they started to see others dare to share.

One takeaway is -- let's all remember this civility when we're back out on the rest of ATS. Be kinder, don't try to be "right" -- rather, share, ask, question, with respect and kindness. When bullied, stand up, but don't let the bully push your buttons. There are many places in our lives where we have to "take it" or keep our mouths shut it seems (perhaps with a family member or on the job, etc.), but ATS should be a place where we can share our "opinions" and thoughts, learnings and experiences, ideas and theories, memories and fears, laughter and more -- knowing that, in the end, it's about community. By the nature of that word, we should be supportive of one another, even if we disagree or our particular experience was different than another's experience.

I may believe in Atlantis, and you may think it's hogwash. You might believe you saw a UFO, and the next poster may think it is an impossibility. I might think chemtrails exist, and you might feel that is just crazy talk. But there's a way to share and bring information and perspectives to the table without tearing one another to pieces.

I secretly was thinking it would be fun to have a sub-group within ATS of all of us who share this "feeling" of expectation -- just because we all seem to be such a caring, open and supportive group -- and it feels that many of us really appreciated that type of support.

Thanks for a great thread ride.

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join