It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel
Yes, I hear ya. Waiting since I was a very young girl. Waiting, waiting. Always felt that the world as we know it, society as we know it, would change drastically during my lifetime, when I was older. That colored my view of my life. Sometimes I regret falling under the spell of this "waiting" for some type of grand change.

I always had this "back of my head" feeling that -- what's the point of ANYTHING I do in normal, everyday life, because the world was going to change and nothing I was doing was going to change that or prepare for this great change. This feeling I had wasn't from books, wasn't from 2012 talk, wasn't anything but what I "knew" inside me since elementary school. I told no one, as I had the sense that no one felt this feeling, since I never heard it spoken of.
[...]
What say you all?

Just because no one's talking about it does not mean that no one's thinking it. You are familiar with situations, no doubt, where one individual puts voice to the thought on everyone's mind.

I'm approaching 43, and have also known there was something deeply wrong with this world since I was a small child. Wrong, not in a moral sense, but in the sense that competition for energy has turned all animals on this planet into eaters of other life. But what happens in this world is a reflection of what is happening in humanity, according to the metaphysical paradigm in which I perceive my current reality.

Keeping to the subject at hand, I've been in "waiting" mode ever since my first 'awakening' in 1989. I reckon that a global paradigm shift is inevitable at this point, and also that it will be painful for most. However, and this is the reason I decided to pitch in my 2p, those who are currently at a low ebb of consciousness will have the most shock from the sudden destruction of their old assumptions. Who are we posting 'me too' in this thread, but those who are equipped not to panic in such a circumstance? The panicking people around us will see our serenity in the maelstrom, and will take heart that perhaps things aren't as bad as they seem. Some will stop screaming and crying long enough to wonder why we aren't screaming and crying. This will afford them the opportunity to play some 'catch up', as it were.

Originally posted by jimmiec
I have always had that feeling. I have always felt like i was training for a certain event. I have always had a need to know how everything works and how to fix it. I got 2 masters in mechanics and 1 associates degree in electronics. I am still learning all i can and am in my 50's. Beats me why. I have just always felt that i would need it someday for some event. Maybe it is some vague disorder. I certainly can't tell the future. I even made a thread about it a long time ago.
Ditto for me on the compulsion to know how machines work. I found out only 10 or so years ago that not everyone has a 3-d rendering brain. If you have one, that means you can imagine the internal workings of moderately complex machines (say, a modern printing press). I take it to mean for me that I am meant to rebuild a low-intensity technological society (labor-saving devices, no gadget-mania) after this one crumbles.
edit on 28-2-2013 by seamus because: adding another response

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Your post probably speaks to me the most. It's been the same way for me. I'm not sure if it is because I'm autistic and, ergo, the way I perceive the world may be through a more rigid and less emotive based view, or not. What I see out there is a malfunctioning society on multiple levels. We do so many things wrong that it's absolutely idiotic. I know a woman who probably owns 60 pairs of shoes. One person shouldn't own that many shoes, period. Although she's an extreme, I see so many people consuming and consuming without regard to any of the externalities that may result from their personal choices. It's like we all can see that air pollution needs to be in check. All one has to do to see what air pollution can do is look at Beijing or Salt Lake City yet, you bring up air pollution and people want to yammer on about global warming because that's the only thing that they seem to be able or willing to discuss (general public remark, not including you all on ATS). We have all of these capabilities, particularly in the US, and we don't do things to rectify significant issues within our country. Everybody will scream about their electricity bill but nobody does anything to push forward ideas like what's been taking place in Europe (Germany in particular). Nearly everyday I want my beat my head against a wall because it's so aggravating. End rant, lol.

Oh and ps. I have high spatial ability, too. Never thought it was novel really until I realized that nobody else I knew could do it. I thought everybody had mental 3-d rendering, lol. I'm regretting that I didn't do the engineering track now, too.
edit on 28/2/13 by WhiteAlice because: added engineering remark

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Had to reply to this since I'm 43 and have always felt like I'm still a teenager (which makes me pretty popular with my teenage daughters friends) I've studied everything from metaphysics, Christianity, Wicca, and nothing really fits although I do believe in Jesus, just not the condemning attitude of the church. I guess I've become a religion unto myself. To me there is some greater power out there, and I think reincarnation is absolutely plausible, as well as time travel, and other life forms besides the human race.

Since the thing in Russia I swear I've felt like I'm just waiting for some sign and keep getting the urge to look at the sky. Since I'm normally stuck inside writing a book looking up isn't a norm for me. Lately I've been researching everything from the Free Masons, the Stonehenge thing in Georgia, The Rosacrutians (not sure on the spelling there because my brain is tired) whatever is going on and disturbed my normal daily life so I'm hoping it hurries up.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think the OP hit in one strike heads of many nails

I believe that waiting feeling was responsible for the 2012 mayan calender hype, many of us hoped for a revelation of some kind, something/someone to appear with instruction manual. Many of us have begun searching for that "manual" as soon as they learned to read and when internet became public it was like heaven for us...
With the birth of world wide web information transfer reached new level, borders and language barriers blurred, those who thought are alone in their world views suddenly found like-minds in the remote places on the other side of the Earth and thinking global got new meaning. The patterns for the "manual" started to appear..

I'm waiting while observing changes in the mainstream perspective on reality - I remember the fresh days of ATS and lots of change happened since than.. Many theories proposed than were believed to be bunch of crap, now the same subjects are on the mainstream shows...
Many Sci-fi books written in Sixties and Seventies are no fiction anymore...
I could go even further back in my memory bank and say that I remember my biggest childhood disappointment was not the discovery that there is no Santa, but the knowledge I got at school, that there is no life on Mars
Maybe quite soon we might discover that we were wrong again...

I believe our collective knowledge expands and retracts in the same manner our heart beats.
I believe the "manual" is here and we are on the verge of understanding it, but we need a trigger event, sort of "code" and I think we might get it soon from the place outside of our imagination.

I think we are waiting for that CODE now and many of us "feel" that is coming ...
edit on 28-2-2013 by jazzgul because: fixed grammar

edit on 28-2-2013 by jazzgul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

I can relate to several of the things you expressed so well in your post. I used to take apart my toys and electronics when I was young to figure out how they worked. One time I even had rigged up a makeshift alarm system to my bedroom door that had live AC wires exposed that would make a connection to run a buzzer. I was probably 8 at the time. I nearly burned the house down when I tried to incubate a fertile chicken egg with an aquarium heater in a glass jar as well. It took me a while to learn patience!

I've taken several courses in a variety of survival skills in and out of the country. For some reason when I was little I'd always thought that we would one day return to a more balanced life as a participant in the natural world. That lead me to explore Native American spirituality as I could not relate to traditional religions.

I'm 42. A few posters back mentioned changeling abilities. My eyes change color from time to time. It's hard to explain but when I see myself in the mirror, I don't really identify with the reflection I see. It's like, oh yeah, is that what I look like.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I am not so sure that it is a feeling of waiting for something coming from outside of me into my life. But, rather a feeling of needing to be fulfilled which I have come to learn comes from the inside.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
As a "waiter" (stupid name, how about smylees gang
) I just wanted to mention and find out if others feel the same. The fact is, i have never been frightened by this impending "thing", which is ridiculous really cos all sorts of horrible things could happen to us..
I was just wondering how many of smylees gang are not scared of what is to come. And please dont flayle me for that,i just saying how i feel.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
As this thread seems to be slowing down know, (and actually this is an excuse for a cheeky bump), i want to say again to Smylee, what a great thread, ive actually exercised some of my demons, and its great not to feel so alone.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Your wait is just a simple longing for a drastic change in the way human beings interact with each other and the earth. We need to be more accepting of others who haven't had their eyes opened. We have to consider all the wrong humans have wrought on the earth and accept that universal karma is playing out. The world is going to balance itself out. We are going to be at the hands at mother nature until everything is as it should be.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by orwellwaldo

I mean no disrespect to you or your statement, but maybe it is this kind of thing that fuels this waiting sensation. I mean, I felt this way for as long as I can remember, but I've also been aware of the book of Revelations for as long I can remember.

I'm not sure what your goal in making this statement was, Orwellwaldo. As far as I'm concerned you're preachin' to the choir. The problem is, this is too ambiguous...this fans the flame and offers nothing concrete.

And it seems like what we all really want here is something concrete.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This was a wonderful thread. I'm sad to see it slowing down. This thread has served to bring me out of my shell a bit more. I even went out on my own, without dragging my husband or kids with me. It's something I haven't really done in a very long time. Thanks again Smyleegrl, this thread has helped me remember I'm not as alone in the world as I feel.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I don't know how I missed this thread when it was so active but, after reading the first 19 pages of it, I'm terribly sorry that I did.

This is one of the best threads I've ever read on ATS in that it was people coming together with their commonalities and human-ness. The minimal bickering and trolling has been wonderful.

That said, I'm nearly 53 y/o, female and have been waiting for 'it' for as long as I remember. It's comforting to know that so many others feel it, too.

So very many of you showed just how wonderful, intuitive, caring and real you are. So many individuals, such varied experiences and virtually every participant coming across as a terrific human being.

Thank you, OP, for the thread and thank you to all the fellow members of ATS who participated and showed the caliber of the membership here. It came at a time when I really needed to see that.

Bless you all.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It's on! Read the book, the manual, it's coming.
What amazes me is how many people will make excuses for all the filth that permeates society. Sometimes it feels hopeless that people who are 40-50 can't understand or interpret the massive paradigm shift that is occuring.
Maybe they're in denial that they helped build the nwo, so their knee jerk reaction is to blame the kids. It's messed up. Kids do keep the ball rolling by emulation, but parents should be all over this, and teach them at a young age

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I was just wondering how many of smylees gang are not scared of what is to come.

I'm certainly not scared of it. It's not a panicky feeling, it's just... like trying to sleep on Christmas Eve night, knowing you have to wait for all those presents. We need "the patience of the saints" to handle it I suppose. And there are now 177, by the way. Yeah, I'm still keeping count (not including The Other Thread unless they specifically say they're waiting instead of just answering the questions).

The Big Whatever might be very annoying to actually live through, in fact it almost surely will be, but I still yearn for its arrival because what's the alternative? The status quo. And that is even more annoying to live through. People who don't feel The Waiting are simply afraid of change. People who do feel it crave change. We just don't know what to do to effect it yet.
edit on 2/28/2013 by Thought Provoker because: Two more while I was typing...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Oh yes,I know that feeling very well having felt it most my life too,I believe it's something felt by a lot of people at one time or another.Obviously the cause of the feeling will vary from person to person but in my case I think nuch of it has to do with an unconcious feeling of 'well,is this it ?? there has to be more to life than the daily routine'.It's almost like an unacknowledged sense that life simply can't be this,at times,rather mundane reality.Where's the magic we hear of in stories or the miracles in the bible.For a sceptic and someone who generally believes you can take the physical reality of the universe and the natural world at face value I'm left with a feeling no matter how much sense that outlook makes I'd kind of like a universe where magic,mystery and miracles where possible.

What's that got to do with the waiting feeling you may ask.Well,I just think there's a notion in the back of my head that there's a deeper truth to life,the universe and everything (besides 42.lol) and one day it'll be revealed to me or i'll figure it out.Coupled with the fact my life's been either a hard struggle,a viscious fight or a lurch from one disaster or crisis to the next and part of me feels one day things will just click into place but they won't,it's just not the way it's meant to be !!

As for you turning 38,I turned 40 at the end of last year.Now birthdays have never bothered me one bit and age is a number.40 is just another number and in itself it didn't really put me up or down but in the last 2 or 3 months before my birthday it kept popping into my head.Not in the 'Oh my god,I'm old' sense but it occured to me that I've lived half or more of my life,the physically fit half too.It's the first time I became truly aware of my own mortality and I was filled with the sense that every second is a second I won't get back ~ make them count !!

Had that going around my head,was telling myself 40's just a number it isn't necessarily downhill from here and also reviewing my life up until now and where I was presently at.The overriding feeling was I could have done so much more with that first 40 years but now it's too late.Unsurprisingly I couldn't give a f**k about work n meaningless crap like that the week of my birthday and the day itself was ok while I was busy but after work I went by some friends,stayed 5 mins then sat in my car for hours feeling totally wretched.lol

Within a few days my natural optimism got back on top,I realised it's all relative and what I've done and what I should have done,bollocks it's too damn late now.lol.I soon got past the stupid number and as for living half my alloted time I've walked away from 2 car crashes that should have killed me,masybe the next time it will.Who knows,enjoy the present while it's hereto enjoy !!!

And that's the message I want to put across.All the time any of us are sitting,wondering,feeling like we're waiting for something we can't quite fathom we're not doing what we should be doing which is appreciating life right now while we have it.Ok,the christians and reincarnationists have their afterlife to enjoy so maybe it's not as critical for them but for us that believe this is our life (though I may well be wrong.lol) then enjoy it,here and now n don't waste time waiting for something that probably isn't coming !!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I was just wondering how many of smylees gang are not scared of what is to come.

I'm certainly not scared of it. It's not a panicky feeling, it's just... like trying to sleep on Christmas Eve night, knowing you have to wait for all those presents. We need "the patience of the saints" to handle it I suppose.

Lol, thats a nice one

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
i wouldn't describe it as the feeling before christmas. On christmas eve you are 100% to look forward to food and possibly presents ( not everyone gets presents) But this feeling is something more then the predictable cravings for egg nog and ice rink skating and nut cracking are garenteed around Jesus's Holmark day. But this feels like something beyond nut cracking and skating with metal bladed shoes.

This goes beyond the disturbances one feels 30 minutes after a detour to tacobell. No. This is more unprecedented then knowledge of this springs ground hog seeing his own shadow or not.

It won't be anything normal or explainable in a modern sense that everyone will be like. Yes this exists. lol. The gov could tell you about the earth going Crazy. Apparently theres some mega storm on the sun right now but its on the side of the sun not facing us. But estimations are possible a SME could come close sometimes during fall. Who knows guys. All i know is, Everyone uses poor examples like Y2K and the nuclear scare as falsifying the bibles seals being broken as well as other prophecies being broken and calenders going up. Y2k never had 2 ancient civilizations make a prophecy about it. But 2012 did have the Mayans and the Hopi calender both end. Which are pretty signifigent to change the coming of things reoccurring from the passed reoccurring today. Of course since we warship Orion, We can assume it involves something to do with that constellation.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I know what you mean about waiting, I was waiting for this and it happened..

www.digitaljournal.com...

I have only left 2 previous comments so don't have enough to comment in the 911 forum so just trying to spread the message in case people haven't heard.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Some of the things in this thread are interesting. As was said, this type of thread has been done several times on ATS, but some things that are being said are quite similar and by newer members. Its just an interesting phenomenon... if it is a valid feeling you all are having or not. I suppose its valid to YOU in any case!

Me? Nope. I felt it when I was much younger.. as if I was in a holding pattern or waiting for some signal for directon. Apparently I got whatever I was lookin for as I dont feel like that anymore. I do feel an expectation as far as world events, but that is more than likely from reading so much news and current events.
I have no lucid dreams or never cared to control dreams.. sleep is just an intermission between living a real life to me... and oh how I love real life!

Now in my 40's I can truly say I am not wondering what will happen or feel something awaits me or that Im "special"... its more of a here I am.. I am content here feeling. I know something WILL happen and its a wonderful point in time to be alive for me. Amazing things are occurring and I am watching them as they happen. I guess a Ministry song pretty much reflects the me of this time we are in right now.

Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true
Jerry lee lewis was the devil
Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world
So there was only one thing that I could do
Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

ETA, thats Jesus Built my Hotrod by Ministry

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-3-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
So... what happens now that we have discovered there is a 'waiting' for something and that quite a lot of us share this and similar other things??

Do we keep this thread going and see who notices it first or do we let it slide and be forgotten??

I think i'll remember this thread and if/when I feel something is about to happen, i'll come here and post about it... will be easier than going to each profile and doing so.... or maybe a new thread will pop up.

edit on 1-3-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join