It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

I'm 38 years old, I feel like I'm 18, and yet my life is halfway over in all likelihood. And the waiting continues, on and on.

I am the same age but unlike you I feel 150 years old.

Do you feel it? Have you discovered what you're waiting for? Or, like me, do you still wait?

Any and all replies welcomed.

To annihilate evil? That is what I am waiting for.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I've been following this most interesting thread. I've been waiting for something since I can remember. As young as 4 years old, I remember waiting for something. What is strange, I do remember, always looking up to the sky when feeling this longing as a child. Why is that, I've often wondered. I still find myself looking up to the sky, and thinking...I'm ready....

Des

edit on 27-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Wat?? Wrong post!
edit on 27-2-2013 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
All fixed
edit on 27-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Same here on the Dreams, I too cannot find a meaning. I just had one last night, it had my first love in it, I was 17 then, I am 38 now. WoW, talk about a blast from the past.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. - Matrix

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice

Originally posted by NorEaster
The true substructure of reality has been determined, and humanity's place within the existential whole has finally been established. It's pretty big stuff as far as transformations are concerned. It'll probably take several decades to make its way to the center of 1st world cultural discourse, and there it will be aggressively challenged, as you'd expect. But, the full realization - and necessary detailed depiction - has finally become part of the intellectual composition that is attributed to Earth's Homo Sapiens human race. The seal has been broken on this thing, and there's no sealing it back up again. Soon, ignorance concerning the true nature of reality will be a choice that one is free to embrace. It won't be something that's imposed by circumstance upon our version of the human race.
edit on 2/27/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

Just to be clear on what you seem to be saying--are you referencing what you would call a paradigm shift? I have a reason for asking this so do answer carefully please. Thank you.

Yeah, a paradigm shift. I just looked up the phrase to make sure I wasn't being lazy about my assumptions concerning what it indicates, and yes, this is a true paradigm shift. The extended implications are overwhelming. I can't even begin to imagine the way that so many tech geniuses will radically transform literally every aspect of human existence once they get fully clear on it. Hell, look at what these brilliant minds have been able to accomplish so far with a completely fictitious definition of physical reality.

And that's just the impact on the folks who still exist within the material realm. The transformation that this breakthrough makes possible is even more revolutionary once the Homo Sapiens brain has finally released the human being. Yeah, maybe even more than a mere paradigm shift, but that might sound a bit sensational, so...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The true substructure of reality has been determined, and humanity's place within the existential whole has finally been established. It's pretty big stuff as far as transformations are concerned. It'll probably take several decades to make its way to the center of 1st world cultural discourse, and there it will be aggressively challenged, as you'd expect. But, the full realization - and necessary detailed depiction - has finally become part of the intellectual composition that is attributed to Earth's Homo Sapiens human race. The seal has been broken on this thing, and there's no sealing it back up again. Soon, ignorance concerning the true nature of reality will be a choice that one is free to embrace. It won't be something that's imposed by circumstance upon our version of the human race.

Just to be clear on what you seem to be saying--are you referencing what you would call a paradigm shift? I have a reason for asking this so do answer carefully please. Thank you.

Yeah, a paradigm shift. I just looked up the phrase to make sure I wasn't being lazy about my assumptions concerning what it indicates, and yes, this is a true paradigm shift. The extended implications are overwhelming. I can't even begin to imagine the way that so many tech geniuses will radically transform literally every aspect of human existence once they get fully clear on it. Hell, look at what these brilliant minds have been able to accomplish so far with a completely fictitious definition of physical reality.

Do you recall when you first came across these ideas?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

No worries
Think it is a common occurrence for the busy mind to over analyze any topic of interest consciously and unconsciously, nice avatar by the way.

Good things

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23
reply to post by rigel4

WOW,, that is so Awesome Rigel4,,,
Knowing that this group of like minds has inspired one of our own to do even MORE,,,
Makes me ashamed,,, and now I know, I also,, must BE THE CHANGE I WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD

Thanks for reminding me.

Thank you, But i am unworthy of your praise.
edit on 27-2-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Personally, I do not find your feelings "morbid". Until we reach our destination...that which we are waiting for...all we can do IS exist on this plane of reality. Whether it be our lot to find our answer in this life or have to scrabble along until that final moment when, I believe, our existence is finally justified is part of that "waiting". Something we simply MUST bear, accept. Believe me, I know the feeling of neither understanding why I am here, nor feeling worthwhile. I can only look at my 3 sons and KNOW that they are the biggest part of the reason for my existence. I look to the Moon and stars every night and simply wonder...at least happy to take a small solace in the peace I feel when I do this. Please don't think "morbid"...think "mystery". Our answer will be forthcoming...and I feel it is worth waiting for.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hi everybody, i was one of the first contributers to this thread, with my lifelong feeling that wont go away, and i want to say congratulations to smyleegrl for her fantastic thread and its little brother the companion thread. Now due to other business ive only been able to get to page 23 bt are determined to get to the end of the thread before i go to bed.

There was something ive been reluctant to mention up until now, with regards to this feeling, its the metaphorical elephant in my room and there aint room anymore for both of us. Im a bit embaressed to say it to be quite honest, because its a bit" out there". All the time that ive had this feeling, and this is as far back as i can remember, (id say from around the age of 7), it has been accompanied by the strange feeling that i would never meet death. That that day would never come to me. Now im not suggesting rapture or any other crazy theory, i have no clue why i feel like that, i am just reporting that thats what ive felt along with the big event.
Make of it what you want, i know its crazy.

But its true. A psychologist would no doubt have a field day.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I've finally found it easier to relax, almost bathe in the feeling that whatever journey I am on will bring to a close the feeling of "waiting" that I too have had in the back of my mind for what seems forever. I feel like an old soul, here to learn...and wishing that if I have a "next life" I will be able to take at least some of the lessons I have learned in this realm with me in order that my life will then be able to justify itself to me and whatever world I will live in.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Do you recall when you first came across these ideas?

The late 90s. They'd wake me up in the middle of the night so often that I bought steno notepads and began filling them with what seemed at the time like crazy stuff. In 2005, it all started coming together, and in 2010 I published the first draft of it as a seriously dense overview for sharing with others. It's weird, but the most surprising tenets came to me whole at times while showering. They say that mundane activities (like showering) are often when seemingly intractable problems that your subconscious mind has been grappling with are suddenly resolved. That said, the kinds of breakthroughs I would suddenly experience in this manner involved "problems" that I consciously didn't realize the premise even had. Not until the resolution emerged whole. It was pretty creepy at times.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by skorpius

Jeez me too. I keep having dreams about people I went to high school with and especially dreams with one of my first boyfriends. I figured I was trying to tell myself to get back to my younger mindset or something I dunno. Weird though.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Absolutely LOVE your "new" Rosie The Riveter avatar! Anyway...I'm WAY old and have had a sense of "waiting" for something for ever so many years. It's a feeling I've had everywhere I've lived (old military brat). In some places it was stronger than others for some reason. I've learned to live with it and let it be a warm spot when I allow myself to think about, and analyze it. For some reason I cannot stand silence though. It drives me nuts!!! I always have to have the TV on or hook my poor ears up to "my" music and blast away. I don't suppose anyone else out there has this problem? I'd love some sort of analysis of this state of being. Denial????

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

All the time that ive had this feeling, and this is as far back as i can remember, (id say from around the age of 7), it has been accompanied by the strange feeling that i would never meet death. That that day would never come to me.
reply to post by thedoctorswife

It never occurred to me until now that this shouldn't be the case, but this doesn't sound at all sensational to me. I feel the same way, but I just assumed that was a young naivity.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I feel the same way about being born in a special place in human existence. I wish that when I pass back into stardust that I could be a fly on the wall of the earth and see how things are going. Of course, I'd rather be here in another life and just "know" I've already been through it a few times (at least 4-5) times and put this innate knowledge to good use!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Wow...couldn't have said it better my own old self! I've always been an "observer". Hardly ever a participant. Where ever I go I unconsciously situate myself where I can observe my surroundings, the souls in it. Weird?

Yup...this old world of ours seems to be on a down hill slide with no brakes. Does Mother Nature look upon mankind now as an infestation? Or a boon to her??? It's a scarey thing, with so many possible scenarios. Perhaps the goodness of our souls will be what's needed to transform this physically beautiful world back to what it was meant for...peace, tranquility...harmony. Sorry, had to wax a little "60's" on ya!! Thanks for your thoughts!! :

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pain_is_an_illusion

Looks like I'm one of the younger ones to reply to this. I'm 25 years old. I feel like I've always been waiting for something to happen. I'm constantly wondering what my purpose is here in this life. I'm waiting to either figure that out and do something with it or for something interesting to happen. I really have no aspirations when it comes to a career. I don't really care about any of that. Nothing of that sort interests me. My interests pertain to most topics covered on sites like this one. I have a degree, but the times we're in having a degree doesn't matter too much. I've learned early that making good money doesn't bring happiness. It seems like everything I do is just to try and distract myself while I'm waiting. It's good to know that I'm not the only one out there with the same feeling. Just wish we knew what we were waiting for!

I have some pretty heavy understandings. After much review of the bible and the life that we have here, its clear that all life including humans did not originate from earth. As a result, your NATURAL reasons for existence are not here on earth. I don't believe that we all die and have a future its more that we were transplanted here against our will.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join