It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I feel the same although this feeling is an illusion, time waits for no man, and life is too short to sit around and wait.

2nd.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

edit on 25-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines
If you don't like your life, change it. Get out of your comfort zone,
try something new. Travel the world.
Waiting gets boring, and in the meantime you get distracted from
truly enjoying this life.

That's my motto (stop waiting, start living)
Even still no matter how absorbed I am into living, it's like
waiting with abated breath for the other shoe to drop (concerning
the state & morals of the planet these days)

Delusional as it might seem, I would like to think that the planet will
somehow survive after humans destroy themselves;
Once earth has had enough, it will become our worst enemy.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Hello, ATS.

All my life I've had this feeling of.....waiting. For what? I do not know. I only know that it feels as if something's out there, and I'm at the mercy of its timeline.

I wish I could describe this waiting sensation better, but I don't know that I can.

So I go through my daily routine, waiting for this....something.....and all the while life passes by.

Is it a distraction? Or is my lifestyle distracting me from discovering what I'm waiting for?

I'm 38 years old, I feel like I'm 18, and yet my life is halfway over in all likelihood. And the waiting continues, on and on.

Do you feel it? Have you discovered what you're waiting for? Or, like me, do you still wait?

Any and all replies welcomed.

the waiting is almost over.
your lifestyle has been a distraction, but not for much longer

be-not-ware of the ides of march..

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

INTP here. I'm of the world view that our personality type, while an important part of our individual perception, is really just another means of coloring our observation, and has as little to do with our feeling as the color of our eyes. I'd speculate that we run the gamut, excepting of course those personality types that don't like to make posts!

(excerpt of INTP)
INTPs are philosophical innovators, fascinated by logical analysis, systems, and design. They are preoccupied with theory, and search for the universal law behind everything they see. They want to understand the workings of the universe, in all their complexity.
INTPs are detached, analytical observers who can seem oblivious to the world around them because they are so deeply absorbed in thought. They spend much of their time focused internally: exploring concepts, making connections, and seeking understanding. To the Architect, life is an ongoing inquiry into the mysteries of the world around them.
(end of excerpt)

However, do let me know if you discover differently, as I would be interested to investigate that angle as well.
edit on 25-2-2013 by TheEnlightenedJuan because: to add rejoinder

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

I feel exactly the same as you, as a child i felt as though i was born during a special time in human history, and that i would be present to see something very special. However, i feel the same, im 45 next month, and starting to wonder if indeed i will around. Your not alone, many of us feel the same i think.

Though I've always had a feeling that something totally mind-blowing is going to happen to humanity (Yes, I'm waiting for it), I couldn't be more your opposite if I tried. I feel like I was born and continue to live in a time that is not special - not to me, anyway. I don't say this as a bad thing, I say it in a way that means I'm missing out on EVERYTHING!

Born in 1955 I missed out on the big wars (this is a good thing, lol), but I was too young to truly appreciate Elvis, and I think I was only 13 when Woodstock happened. When I was 18 I couldn't wait to turn 21 so I could legally drink - there would be a big drunken party on THAT day! However, when I was 20 they dropped the drinking age to 18. It was like, Huh? I can drink now and it's not special? Who knew that I would end up not drinking at all anyway? lol

At 18, I joined the service, but while still In basic training we pulled out of Viet Nam (again not a bad thing).

The 1970's was the decade of disco. I was marred with children, so I really didn't get into it that much.

I have witnessed the inventions of some incredible things (microwave ovens, computers, internet), but I feel like I am only an observer of such things, not an active participant.

Maybe I'll get to chat with a real alien before I die. But, the way I've missed out on other things, the aliens will probably land in Boston the day AFTER I die.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I waited once and got impatient, and being naturally crazy, I grabbed the bull by the horns and have wrestled with it since. It's been a rather exhilerating ritual dance with the bull.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Hello, ATS.

All my life I've had this feeling of.....waiting. For what? I do not know. I only know that it feels as if something's out there, and I'm at the mercy of its timeline.

I wish I could describe this waiting sensation better, but I don't know that I can.

So I go through my daily routine, waiting for this....something.....and all the while life passes by.

Is it a distraction? Or is my lifestyle distracting me from discovering what I'm waiting for?

I'm 38 years old, I feel like I'm 18, and yet my life is halfway over in all likelihood. And the waiting continues, on and on.

Do you feel it? Have you discovered what you're waiting for? Or, like me, do you still wait?

Why wait? Just do.

Think about that for a second.

We wait because we feel we are trapped into a life not of our choosing. We accept what we have as either being our lot in life, or not enough to sate our curious natures. It is naturally human to want and expect more.

The truth is, if you want to fall on your feet, you will. If you think you are going to fall on your ass, you will. People are too scared to take a chance on something outside their rut, for fear of failure. Fear that it might make them financially troubled, fear that someone will say "I told you it was a dumb idea." But is it really?

I know. I procrastinated for years, many years, before I just got sick of waiting for my ship to come in. Watched as my family suffered while I stood idly by and wondered 'what if?'

I went through periods where I felt everyone else had life better than me. Where I felt I was not sufficient to be a part of humanity. I had no real skills compared to some people.

Then, one day, I just looked at what I had. A good family, good friends, I'd worked hard for the material possessions I had accumulated over the years. I guess I just realised one day I had life pretty good, that I wasn't any better or any worse than anyone else. About six months later I got fed up where I was, realised where I was was making me unhappy, and moved myself to a completely new life, and took my family with me to start over. It worked because I wanted it to work. It took ten years to make that one decision, and about a month to make it actually happen. Since then I've never looked back. It was hard, I remember one day just getting depressed because I was so far away from my friends and family, and it was hard to start over. But I did it.

I've often wondered, like all people, if I have a special place in the universe, if somehow we are all part of a grander scheme that will earn us a spot as notables in the world.
Then I look at the lives I've made better by believing in myself, and wanting to be the change I wanted to see.

The truth is, the only one holding you back, making you wait, is you. The expectation that some great galactic event is going to give us some meaning, some path, which is in truth is just a copout. We've been brainwashed by governments to rely on the system to make us successful. It's the system that keeps us where we are, due to our own fear of change. If you don't believe me, ask yourself what happens when change is forced on us. We resist it of course. Then we see it for what it is, and either accept it or get pissed enough to walk away.

I'm not waiting. I'm doing.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Tiger Girl!

Keep on keeping on and you'll be fine babe!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I'm usually very skeptical of these kinds of threads, but after reading the first few posts it made me realize that I've felt the same for quite some time now. I started feeling an anticipation when I was around 13/14. I'm 25 now and still feel it. I don't claim to know what it is, because I don't, and obviously I have no proof that anything is going to happen, but it's always right there biting at my ankles.

It's almost an impatient feeling. Does anybody else get that? Kind of like when there's something wrong with you and you go to the doctor and have some kind of scan or bloodwork done and sit at home for five days waiting for the results. It's that 'hurry up and get it over with, I just want to know' kind of feeling.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Yep OP I know exactly what you mean, I'm only 2 years older than you and yet I have the feeling that my time to shine is about to come. I am doing stuff now in case I am wrong but it really is just going through the motions, I have had a feeling all my life that I was waiting for someting to be the real me, or to fulfil my purpose to put it another way.

Esther 4:14 If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?"

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I have never stayed up longer than I should just to see the next post on a particular thread. While I've spent time on ATS skimming around late in the evening sometimes, I have never felt the desire to follow a thread so late. And, when I awoke, before work, I had to check it to see all the new posts overnight.

Thanks to the thread-starter. What a wonderful "opening" it's been for us. Can't wait to come home and see where this thread is heading and how many will chime in.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Wow, everyone. I'm honestly flabbergasted at this thread.

I wrote it yesterday in a moment of pique, figured it would die a quick ATS death with just a few replies. But when I logged on this morning, I was amazed to see the amount of attention and the responses this thread received. I never knew so many people felt this way.

I've not read through all the responses yet, but I did want to address a few comments. This waiting feeling, its not as if life is passing me by so much as it is a sense of anticipation. There have been some very insightful comments about living life instead of waiting for life to happen.....very wise words, and to some extent, I'm sure that's been a part of what I've been doing.

But this feeling is different. I do live life, I do enjoy things in the "here and now," I am present in the moment, if that makes sense. But there's always this feeling in the back of my mind of waiting.

I guess a good analogy would be this: Imagine you've spent weeks preparing for a test of some sort. You are ready for that test (or at least you think you are) and now you're waiting for it to begin. It's a feeling of anticipation, curiosity, apprehension...but mostly, its a "Hurry up and lets get things going!" feeling.

Thank you to everyone who's shared on this topic.

Hugs to you all,

smylee

XL5

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I know that feeling, I also know what I am waiting for. I am 33, male, personallity seems varied but I am an introvert with a hint of aspergers (maybe its a case of undiagnosed azzberger's that causes the feeling?). I can not really connect with people unless they are unconditionally warm and not fake when I first meet them and even then its hard to open up. All other people are very open fake people who only seem to care about their own world, they will ask some one who just had a very terrible day how they are and expect "I'm ok, how are you?". It makes me sick when I see so many pointless puppets with no thoughts of their own, no vision, no hopes other then to dance to some one else's music (think it sounds like wub wub at the moment). They seem so happy to follow, yet here I am, knowing that following will make me go mad yet, not following does the same for different reasons.

I am waiting for the day I or something else can/will forcefully rip peoples heads from their behinds OR the day I can somehow leave the bs and be my self. I would love it to be aliens, doesn't matter if they are ugly or scary, just as long as they are here for everyones good and people stop being so fake! I would also take super powers (flight if nothing else) just so I can get away and maybe find an island with the like minded. I would also take a show stopper dooms day as long as I get to live through it and REALLY live knowing the waiting is over and there are no constraints.

It could just be that this is hell and we are doing our time waiting to go home.

That said, to any one who says "stop waiting and do it!". I'm sure if I did, the video would go viral. I would be shouting, pull your heads out of your... lifes not fair because you were told it wasn't and you keep repeating it like its your job instead of making it fair where you can!.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Hello, ATS.

Waiting for the mysterious, waiting for piece of mind that the mysterious will come before I turn serious.
Hoping this is not a whimsical figment of an active imagination. Like waiting for fairies at the local train station.

Yet the feeling is so physical sometimes, emotions in a turmoil like a blizzard attacking wind chimes

Wanting universal understanding and peace but hating these products that wander with this vile disease.

I remember when it use to be easy to go out "there" and integrate, function with some sense of belonging and a will to collaborate.

But how can a man function in a system that he loathes with every signal fiber within him, how can a man aspire towards success feeling so grim?

When there is exchange of pressed and processed trees displaying made up numbers for made up dreams.
Waiting whilst the blood flows from the martyrs , fulling the bellies of the greedy harvesters.

Waiting for seven billion souls to see the bigger picture, to understand that humanity is more important than personal fixture .

Waiting for a stranger to smile and accept that they are only human, full of flaws and mistakes, full of regrets and heartaches.

I am a dreamer just like them, just a different shade and cut of the the same gem.

Pardon the cheesy poetry but I felt compelled to reply in this manner.

Good things

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'm glad for this thread as I too have been waiting all my life-for what, I don't know but the feeling has always been so intense and I'm 38 this year. Sometimes I feel like screaming "come on show yourself" and that I am gonna burst with anticipation. I literally have wasted alot of time waiting lol...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
You are not waiting on one thing or a special one thing, you are waiting on everything in your life.

Waiting to start school, waiting to finish school.
Waiting to start education, waitting to finish education.
Waiting to start your new job, waiting to get off your job.
Waiting on the bus going home from your job, waiting on the green light if in a car, waiting on your food, your sleep, anything actually.

Why are you waiting? Cause of time!

Forget time and you will wait no more, like when you have the feeling that time went by in a flash, that's because you didn't wait on anything, you just followed along.

edit on 25-2-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

From very early on in my life, I knew I was from a different mold. Most of the time, even at being fifty now, I still feel like the extra terrestrial in the crowd.

Well, looks like that mold might not be so unique afterall !!!!

I am really surprised, after reading this whole thread, to see so many people that see and feel things like I do.

I find it reassuring and comforting. This thread has been an eye opener in some sort of way. It's just a great feeling to find out that I am not so alone in this line of thinking and being...

Awesome thread !!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Hello, ATS.

It's strange but i am having really strong deja vu feeling when i read these words, seems like i've already come across this thread which is impossible because it's only two days old. I had to check the date a couple of times just to make sure, wow.

..and i am waiting too. Just like the rest of you, for something bigger, more important. I hope it comes soon and in the mean time i read, i learn, i search for it. My life is kinda on hold but my mind is certainly not. Maybe the searching part is the answer to life, why would all of us otherwise be waiting??

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Hello, ATS.

The waiting is the brainwashing that has been set in place to keep you docile.

If you knew you were on the way to your slaughter you might kick up a fuss and start a stampede with the rest of the cattle. So they sell you pipe dreams of 2012 ascension and and all the rest of the bullsheet that people believe is going to change their lives but never comes to fruition.

There are no aliens who are going to save you, there is no god coming to save you, nothing and no one is going to save you save yourself. You will be waiting as a pawn for the rest of your life and on your deathbed you will asking what it was all about.

If you are unlucky and there is an afterlife you will enter into that life just as confused and clueless as you entered this and more than likely continue the cycle until you wake up to the ultimate truth.

I hope my post isnt received in a negative manner im not trying to sugar coat anything here just giving my opinion which I believe you asked for.

On the plus side my opinion has as much credibility as any other useless opinion on here. What you need to figure out is what you need to figure out and unfortunately if you need to be told you will never get it. You are a kind and gentle person from what posts of yours I have read and I hate giving such abrasive opinions...but you did ask.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join