It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Im 26, been waiting for a train that has yet to come. lol Funny I had this convo with my wife 2 days ago before i even seen this thread. I feel my life experiences have been training me for an event that will come “soon.” I believe in a higher power and I don’t believe in coincidence. Whenever I have a problem, fate has always provided a solution for me. I know deep in my soul that I will be a leader of sorts in my community when they need me most. All signs for me point to an imminent collapse of society and fate is awaiting me to help rebuild it for the better on the other side

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I agree..... and..... so does Manly.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Like many of our brothers and sisters here feel the same. When I became conscious I felt I was destine for more than I have achieved in this life time. I have been waiting a long time. This June I turn 60. I am still young in heart albeit body broken from the service and trying to keep my family and my wifes Gparents now father who suffers from Vascular Dementia among many other ailments afloat. I am in chronic pain now and take morphine as that is what they have here in the UK. I miss America but shocked how its gone down hill in the last 28 years. I am not a lover of Clinton yet during his years my friends in the States said that the economy has never been so good. I had hope in the American Dream despite Hillbilly LOL Hillary and Billary Clinton! I see a bleak future ahead of me very bleak but the one thing that has me going is the hope and the strong feeling that at some point with in my life if I am patient enough that SOMETHING is going to happen. We have proven we cannot governed ourselves let alone take care of our beautiful planet! Al Gore says lay off fossil fuel REDUCE carbon foot print of ourselves. How can we when TPTB which would have been Al Gore had he not made the deal with TPTB for a Nobel Prize and running the Green tax program, would have been like Noboma and GW. That is one fighter jet that takes off in anger in a non war war to drop more bombs to destroy more lives I feel helpless that there is nothing I can do to offset my foot print considering what TPTB do NOT IN MY NAME! I feel that 911 was an inside job and my plane ticket and Canadian passport stamp is in my photos here on this site have that right to say that and we are here now because of that!

I used be believe in the Star Trek dream. I only have one wish remaining in life, that is, for a greater power to come and stop what is going on... S to many and SnF to the author of this thread thank you!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Originally posted by XL5
Heh maybe only the smart high IQ people who have been hurt and who have had time alone to think have these feelings. I have an IQ of 132 and ALOT of time alone mixed with enough pain to make me question...why.

I hope it IS soon and that it gets people to dream of a better way and then do it.

What a load of tosh.

I'm 38 years old, have a higher IQ than you, have lost multiple of my nearest and dearest to cancer, (including a partner) so have had plenty of time alone, and 'still' don't feel like I'm waiting for something.

Just saying..

Interesting...like I said at the start I had always thought this was something I felt and not many others did. Throughout my life I have asked people if they could feel something just over the horizon, or if you felt you had some sort of destiny that would unfold greater then your own personal one.

You are the first I have seen reading through the thread that is the contrary, like my wife or friends or most people I know they do not sense this. I am not saying I am special or "we" are, but honestly I have felt this way most of my life. Not the mommy & daddy tell I am special, but that I am or that I will witness something that has either not happened ever in humanity or very rarely.

Also I am sorry for your loss.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I've had this feeling too since I was kid, still do.

Its not a bad feeling, its a feeling like your waiting to be connected to something but you have no idea what the connection is. Almost like something is going to switch on and your anticipating for the power surge but it never happens, its just seems to come in pluses.

Like something is going to happen thats going to change the whole ball game. Something thats going to have every human being on earth collectively having a jaw dropping moment.

Or it could be my coffee....seriously though I do this feeling. Just can't explain it right.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I'm a loner too. Didn't start out that way in my yearly youth. Past 10 years, after reaching 40, the feeling came over me again that I was waiting for something to happen. I felt that way growing up. Different, didn't fit too well. Always looking in space, researching science and spiritual thing. Trying to make sense of both together. Bought a farm 10 yrs ago in the middle of nowhere. Became self sufficient. Not because of all the doomsday scenerios, but because of what my inner gut was telling me. Besides commuting to work, I close myself off on weekends. I must say, when 2013 kicked off w/o a bang I was relieved, but that was short lived. I feel the energy increasing and feel the wait is almost over. Don't know what it is either.. but I know it will be significant. Like everyone else, the waiting is getting to me. Glad to have stumbled on this post, so I'm not alone. I think we loners hear and feel the energy better when we are not bombarded by distractions of crowds and ppl.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65I think most of us know, there is something profoundly wrong with our world and the larger part of people. We are constantly absorbed with “stuff”…material wealth, possessions, physical beauty, sex…etc..etc…etc. Consumerism and materialism IS the religion of the world. Nearly all the word…even the poorest of the poor have been conditioned to believe that the accumulation of “stuff” is the key to happiness and success. That “things” are our purpose in life. “Stuff brings you happiness and without “stuff” you are a miserable person.

Of course, most of the world plays no part in this game. Half the population of earth lives on less than $1 a day.

This isn't to downplay the problem of consumerism. It definitely has its dark side. But the capital disparity is likely a greater problem. And it's becoming almost as dramatic in the West as it is elsewhere. Such periods of increasing disparity usually lead to upheaval.

However, before we get caught up in all this, we might remind ourselves to not let this sense of "expectancy" stop us from living our lives. From doing great things.

This mental state may just be something that developed in our evolution. Something to stop us from acting. Not everyone can vie for the top spot in the tribe all the time. And if everyone always felt "this is my moment" that's what would happen. We would likely have died out as a race millennia ago if we all shared that mental view. So perhaps this sense of "expectancy" evolved to keep us from acting. Or acting all at once. To put most of us in a "wait and see" state. And thus eliminating the sense of chaos that would ensue if all sought the top spot all the time.

Something to ponder.
edit on 25-2-2013 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thank you Smyleegrl for another wonderful post. I am 54 and I have always been waiting for "something". I don't know what the "something" is, whether it be good or bad, but the feeling has always been with me. Like other people that responded to your post, I do not like large crowds,and I feel I have always been preparing for something. I am happy just being with my dogs when I get home from work. Which I found unusual after my husband passed away I thought I would not know what to do with myself.

Thanks again for starting this thread, it is great to know I am not alone with this feeling.

Norma Jean

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Wow so many other people with pretty much the same deal.

Not to stray off topic, but if I went to bed tonight and had a dream with Mother Abigail in it (or something like that) it WOULD NOT surprise me in the least.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I remain confused why so many replies to the OP include the assumption that "waiting" in the context of this thread, means being unproductive or idle.

I never read the OP's post in that manner.

Like I said in my first post here, I think what is being described is a normal human expectation that there is "something more" in all of this we call "life".

That has little to do with "waiting" in a literal sense...other than for an "answer" to present itself one way or another.

edit on 25-2-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Wow, everyone. I'm honestly flabbergasted at this thread.

I think you'll find there are many of us out here.

I told you there were many of us out here.

As soon as I read your OP, I knew this was going to be a big thread for you.

edit on 2/25/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Hello, ATS.

All my life I've had this feeling of.....waiting. For what? I do not know. I only know that it feels as if something's out there, and I'm at the mercy of its timeline.

I wish I could describe this waiting sensation better, but I don't know that I can.

So I go through my daily routine, waiting for this....something.....and all the while life passes by.

Is it a distraction? Or is my lifestyle distracting me from discovering what I'm waiting for?

I'm 38 years old, I feel like I'm 18, and yet my life is halfway over in all likelihood. And the waiting continues, on and on.

Do you feel it? Have you discovered what you're waiting for? Or, like me, do you still wait?

Any and all replies welcomed.

not sure about a waiting game....i think its more like a "wanting" game...people want something to happen, something to be out there or sh!t to hit the fan...because life in the system is so sh!tty at the moment...if i could screw the system without going to jail I definitely would. but i cant so unfortunately im along for the ride

edit on 25-2-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
OK. I too feel exactly the same - waiting for something, don't know what!

But I think this is embedded into the human consciousness due to the fact that we are passing through a material world. Every human being with a stable mind is implicitly waiting for that "something" which he/she is not aware of. I have a feeling that this "something" might be something spiritual.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Because of this, I think those of us that are “expecting something” have known all along that this system…these farms of human labor and flesh…cannot continue…they will eventually come to a destructive end.

"Expecting" is a strong word for it. I don't "expect" anything like that. I hope for it. Expectation is to make the judgment that such and such is the best course for humanity, and I just don't know enough to say that. I feel like a revolution would be the means to a better future, and so I hope for it.

I hope...and I wait.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hombero

I think we were separated at birth. I'm the same age, going through the exact same problems. (Even the health one is somewhat similar). We also live in the same country lol.

Seriously though... your post sent chills down my spine. It was like somebody read my mind and posted the information they collected.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

Your post was eerily similar to my life in someways. I identified with you on several points. Particularly being raised in a family that is similar to yours. I too have Roma in me, along with a lot of other heritages. I too was born under unusual circumstance, and I'm sure hearing the tale from my grandfather through out the years, has in many ways shaped my interest in spirituality and the occult. My maternal grandmothers family also talked of having "the gift". Catholic/protestant influences and then of course a big dose of free form spirituality.

I very much personally identified with your post, Cutler. You are in like company here with many others too, I suspect.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Hello, ATS.

All my life I've had this feeling of.....waiting. For what? I do not know. I only know that it feels as if something's out there, and I'm at the mercy of its timeline.

I wish I could describe this waiting sensation better, but I don't know that I can.

So I go through my daily routine, waiting for this....something.....and all the while life passes by.

Is it a distraction? Or is my lifestyle distracting me from discovering what I'm waiting for?

I'm 38 years old, I feel like I'm 18, and yet my life is halfway over in all likelihood. And the waiting continues, on and on.

Do you feel it? Have you discovered what you're waiting for? Or, like me, do you still wait?

Any and all replies welcomed.

i already know what i am waiting for i was given a choice along time ago now it is up to me to live the right kind of life to make sure when he comes back he will take to where i belong.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The world has become a house of cards. We all know that things cannot continue the way they have without very dire consequences down the road. We all know that change is coming but none of us knows how that change will manifest itself. Deers in the headlights is what we all are.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
In another thread I stated that my participation here was coming to a close because the shift was upon us and then I saw this thread. I never realized so many are here for the event. I was told there are two main types of people here now, the position holders and the transitioners.

I have known since I was a little kid that this was a special time and I've been impatient for its arrival. I'm in my early forties now and my focus for the last year has been the restoration of my soul. Reclaiming fragmentation, resolving past life traumas and dynamics, releasing all the useless programming and shifting to a heart centered awareness. Being in my heart has been really hard as this world does not value this but its the key to our liberation.

For the most part 2013 is a psychically blocked year. The only info I seem to be getting is that it's a transition.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
The world has become a house of cards. We all know that things cannot continue the way they have without very dire consequences down the road. We all know that change is coming but none of us knows how that change will manifest itself. Deers in the headlights is what we all are.

change always comes; are you the same person you where 20 years ago? big change is a slow process because it takes a lot of people willing to make a change. look at occupy wall street , what real changed did they bring about

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join