It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Hello, ATS.

All my life I've had this feeling of.....waiting. For what? I do not know. I only know that it feels as if something's out there, and I'm at the mercy of its timeline.

I wish I could describe this waiting sensation better, but I don't know that I can.

So I go through my daily routine, waiting for this....something.....and all the while life passes by.

Is it a distraction? Or is my lifestyle distracting me from discovering what I'm waiting for?

I'm 38 years old, I feel like I'm 18, and yet my life is halfway over in all likelihood. And the waiting continues, on and on.

Do you feel it? Have you discovered what you're waiting for? Or, like me, do you still wait?

Any and all replies welcomed.

I feel it too. Ever since I was about 15 years old (I'm 26 now), I felt like I was destined to play some role in the shift that was meant to be December 21st, 2012.

As we started to get closer to that date, I realized about 2-3 years ago that it wasn't going to be anything instantaneous, instead a gradual shift of awareness within humanity.

I've come to believe now that my entire life IS a part of this undeniable shift occuring. My ENTIRE life will be one major contribution to humanity, just like yours, and everyone else.

I believe now that every human that lives, there life is stored in some database, like the askashic records or whatever, and that whatever you do in your life affects the rest of humanity (to what degree doesn't really matter that much , to me anyway).

You should trust your intuition. Wish you the best!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by smyleegrl

This is going to be an extremely morbid reply, but...since you asked...

I'm waiting for something miraculous to happen. I'm waiting for a reason to live. In the absence of that, I'm waiting to die, because right now I don't see much justification for being here in this plane of existence. It certainly doesn't feel rewarding.

Again, morbid...but it's the most honest answer you'll get from me on a subject so vague.

I resonate with EVERY post I've read so far on this thread. To the thread starter, THANK YOU for posting this thread. Even starting this thread alone, you are contributing to doing YOUR part.

To the person I just quoted, I resonate with your message the MOST. I feel the SAME way.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I had to come back and repost a comment about how wonderful it is to see so many people share the same sense of knowing of an upcoming event. I bet the alphabet agency employees hate this thread so much.

I can be honest and say that this waiting prevents me from living to my full potential because "in the back of my head it says, It's not going to matter anyways. I'm interested to know if anyone feels the same "it doesnt matter" vibe from this "event". By the way I'm 22, and I noticed most of the people who have this "hunch" are in their 40's...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Well....maybe you forgot why you wanted to live once more in the flesh.

I believe in reincarnation and also have the feel I am here in the flesh with a purpose but have no idea what that should be....sometimes even have the feel that it is useless and not important to built a carreer or whatever "normal" people do for having to say " I had a fruiteful and satisfying life" when they take their last breath.

There are so many people on this Earth today....close to some 8 billion. There are many factors responsible for that number...of course..But, I can't stop thinking about the possibillity that there are a lot of souls out there that wish to live in the flesh once more before they will have the chance again. Yes, I am steering towards a global whipe out of humanity.

It will take a few millenium before your number is up and your turn to walk the earth in the flesh again....Maybe people with that feel of "waiting for something" took their last chance...but have no idea, or forgot what to do with their "last" lives.

So,...I would say.... don't wait any longer and live....enjoy while it lasts !!

edit on 24/2/2013 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

~Morpheus

I am just wondering at this point if we should just start a The Waiting Game club...

For those saying they have been waiting for the end I can't say I feel the same, on the contrary. I often feel like I was misplaced in time but I have always felt like I have wanted to be at this time of human existence. If it were a disaster I would survive, a revolution I would witness and be part of a triumph, alien contact I would be hopeful yet dancing the I told ya so dance, enlightenment, ascension, the rapture I would have front row seats and a bag a popcorn!

If anything I have never been waiting for the end, I have just been waiting for the Beginning...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Well, one of the advantages of being an agnostic, open-minded skeptic, is that I am absolutely open to the possibility of having the sort of gnostic experience you describe. I believe it's possible for someone to have an experience that is not externally provable, but which for them absolutely transforms them and instills faith in them. Just because I've essentially lost my faith and am skeptical of faith, doesn't mean I'm not open to the possibility of such an experience, or that I will say you didn't have the experience you did. On the contrary, I believe you when you say you've had such an experience because I know people who have, and I have seen how it's changed their lives and consciousness. And it would be wonderful to discover that the essence of such an experience, should it happen, were simply what we term love.

All I can say is, it would be nice if I could experience such a thing. And I am open and receptive if it does. In the mean time, I must persist in doubt however. No matter how much I wish it were otherwise. I just don't know one way or another, and that is both a blessing and a curse for someone who longs for meaning and belief.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

"I often feel like I was misplaced in time but I have always felt like I have wanted to be at this time of human existence."

I think that is probably the best explanation I could not put in to words...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
At 47 I relate to many of the comments. At times, at less accepting moments, I find myself saying, "The hell with it! Bring me ASCENSION, or bring me the APOCALYPSE!" Because it gets mighty tedious watching a growing group of awakening beings arise even as I observe another group of beings slide further down the foodchain begging for more tyranny.
What goes around comes around.
The suspense is killing me.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

I too keep coming back to read all the posts -- and now I have to get some sleep so I can get up for work in the morning

But wanted to say that I think the "it doesn't matter anyway" pertains to the mundane, the societal, the expectations of what life is supposed to be --- and what really does matter is the love we have for one another and for the life on this planet, truth, authenticity, kindness, compassion, and joy we find, share and treasure. That matters. Being creative, being present -- matters.

Why we feel the world will change in some way, I don't know. Why many of us have felt it since childhood--long before we read or heard things about the environment, politics, lies and shadows--we felt something was going to take place and we would be part of that "change" - whatever it was (will be). So it colors our view of the day-to-day world we live in, and others seem to not feel and sense this.

Glad to see someone as young as you so awake and aware. Maybe the "change" is just us remembering who we are and why we are here -- and nothing more. But, that could be everything.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

If you check out my introduction, it might make more sense too, had some interesting experiences that seemed to reinforce some of this

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The feeling is very mutual...Many are right when they say we can't keep going like this forever...The Bible even says that we go here and there, thinking nothing will ever change, then.......As for the secular side, yes...our spending, the governments stagnating secrecy, our laziness, all combine for something soon...dare I say, it most likely won't be pleasant.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

:who-do-you-work,for:?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peekingsquatch

Originally posted by abeverage

"I often feel like I was misplaced in time but I have always felt like I have wanted to be at this time of human existence."

I think that is probably the best explanation I could not put in to words...

That is because there is something about this that does not seem right. I felt like I had some sort of destiny whatever, but then I think for me 9/11 inverted that. I always thought in a semi silly way I had been trained secretly as Jedi or some other sort of nutty thing like that. But now almost 42(psst magic number lol) I am wondering did that event pass? Did something change that, will it still happen? I think so...

Oddly, I have been more awakened to this then I ever have, through all the soul searching, religion seeking, spiritual learning I feel the cusp is very close.

I know whatever it is I am not nearly ready (proly never would be) but then I have always made it work by the skin of my teeth...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel
reply to post by PurpleVortex

I too keep coming back to read all the posts -- and now I have to get some sleep so I can get up for work in the morning

But wanted to say that I think the "it doesn't matter anyway" pertains to the mundane, the societal, the expectations of what life is supposed to be --- and what really does matter is the love we have for one another and for the life on this planet, truth, authenticity, kindness, compassion, and joy we find, share and treasure. That matters. Being creative, being present -- matters.

Why we feel the world will change in some way, I don't know. Why many of us have felt it since childhood--long before we read or heard things about the environment, politics, lies and shadows--we felt something was going to take place and we would be part of that "change" - whatever it was (will be). So it colors our view of the day-to-day world we live in, and others seem to not feel and sense this.

Glad to see someone as young as you so awake and aware. Maybe the "change" is just us remembering who we are and why we are here -- and nothing more. But, that could be everything.

What I implied when I said " It doesn't matter" vibe is the event will be so major that it will change EVERYTHING.

Not being passive towards life and having "meh" attitude. Don't get me wrong, I give love and love life but the "hunch" has a gravity of it's own and sometimes shakes you back and forth like a puppet doll. This is all I have been thinking about today. I was playing ball earlier on, and I randomely asked two of my buddies if they ever felt this was strongly and they all looked at me like what is this guy talking about

I have a couple of ideas..

We are going to be visited by an off planet entity. (2nd coming of Jesus Christ? Na bro)

MAJOR Disaster. I mean MAJOR. Earthquake? Tsunamis? Niburu?

Satan disguised as the last Pope? "Shrugs*

NWO?

Add your own ATS. ( I'm thinking too much about this) MK ULtra?

eta: This is a good one lol, God writes "You ALL got Punkd, this was all just a test..now lets get on with the real thing" with clouds in the sky for everyone to see in the world

edit on 24-2-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

wow at my post count and stars.

edit on 24-2-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Hey there Smylee,yes me too,all my life.I though it would pass after i had my children,but i still feel the same-on standby mode.In a holding pattern.Have a good day+week,always wishing you well,Rax.

link   

Hey there Smylee,yes me too,all my life.I though it would pass after i had my children,but i still feel the same-on standby mode.In a holding pattern.Have a good day+week,always wishing you well,Rax.

link   

Like many, I grew up with the feeling of expectation that seemed to loom over everything. It seemed to make all pale in the shadow of some unknown event that was hurling through space/time to meet me and mark my destiny with a big surprise of vast magnitude.

It has happened a number of times so far for me in life,
and I am expecting a few more BIG MOMENTS.

Life is good, so the key, in my humble opinion, is to Follow your Bliss per Joseph Campbell, and Moyers interview say this:

BILL MOYERS: Do you ever have the sense of... being helped by hidden hands? JOSEPH CAMPBELL: All the time. It is miraculous. I even have a superstition that has grown on me as a result of invisible hands coming all the time - namely, that if you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in your field of bliss, and they open doors to you. I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be.

Unlike many I took the feeling as a calling to, Not Wait, but actively engage in efforts to speed up the meeting. I realized early that this was about TIME, with all the Long Subjective waiting going on, and how TIME would freeze when the waiting got to unbearable levels, and a gut twisting at a soul level occurs. This is when we don't follow our Bliss.
So, I looked into Alternate Reality and How to move from Here to THERE. Most would say it is mental masturbation, but I believe the proof is in the pudding, and am satisfied with WHERE I am today, and What I am Becoming. More Integrated and Whole.

Especially in Time. Meaning, the Moment of NOW is the Biggest factor of Life. How one Navigates the Bifurcation Points of '''time'', allows one to Surf the Wave to alternate realities of collapsed 'particles' that cut the timelines into Nano slices of Life.

I also understand the desire of survivalist and preppers, and how if taken to extremes can take one down the rabbit hole to hell. Paranoia and the timelines people enter in such mindsets DO EFFECT us all,, just look at the news and see how the butterfly effect expands outward in 'time'. Believe me when I say with firsthand knowledge that being all Love and Light is much better than that opposite alternative. But personally I prefer to find a balance point to stand upon.

Ritual for me has also been a method to make Big Jumps in not just consciousness but also Physical Difference in Being. Having a pagan concept of cyclical progress of life has allowed me a freedom of knowing that with waiting,,, it too will pass. So active engagement is in my best interest to further a swifter meeting with the next Big Moment of my Life. Synchronicity can be actively worked with for ones own benefit and pleasure under the right intent. The Opposite of Waiting is Engagement. Ritual gives control and works because of correspondence and the fact that one draws a Circle around oneself that exists in NO TIME.

Live like there is no tomorrow, but Plan like you will live Eternally, and you will.

Pay attention to the signposts of synchronicity while remembering there is No such thing as a coincidence. Being ALL is Connected allows for the movement from one state of being/place to another.

Still there is something Out There,, like the Big Kahuna,, waiting for me.
I can't Wait!!

Changing Universes One at a Time and Loving it.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jdw3rd74

I've read the whole thread so... My blood type is Bpositive, my personality type is "Composer", I will turn 50 years old this Sept. 15, I have felt since I was a small child that something is going to happen, I'm not like other people, "why did god put me here - what am I supposed to do for Him." I've had some precognition from childhood on, studied every religion I could (raised catholic), even dabbled in occult -as a pre-teen, 13 year-old oija board, numerology, astrology - don't use the oija board - it's bad news) I was beaten/almost murdered when I was 24 years old- cops and docters said I shouldn't have lived - and after coming out of the coma ==

I felt exactly as Res Ipsa says durning his grace period - I wanted to forgive everyone - love everyone -- and I'm not afraid of dying.

I have had to make myself not be a hermit through my life - because I find most people to be so selfish, petty, and mean - it almost phsically makes me sick at times. I work as a psychiatric nurse.

I really believe that we are going to go through hell, before we come out the other side. I do believe that satanist rule this world, and that they will be taken down.

I sometimes, morbidly, envy the people who are dying right now, that they will not have to go through what is shortly coming upon us.

God bless us all, especially the children and young parents right now.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I have always felt this longing also, Even as a child. Maybe God has placed this longing in us, so we would want to be with him.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by byGRACE
I took the test.
INFP: The Healer

Read more: www.truity.com...

I just finished the test,...

ENTJ: The Commander

not surprised really.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>