It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You nailed it exactly. I am 41 years old and I have been waiting my whole life for something to happen. My life as it is now and as it has always been seems pointless and empty of meaning. I raised a daughter, I work 40 hours a week, I pay bills, and when not exhausted from cleaning up after truck drivers I spend time in the woods or at the creek. I have done many things in in life, I went to college and a computer tech school. I am a Reiki Master, I have my CDL and drove a truck for a while. I took care of my grandma until she passed away, but no matter what I do I always feel like I am waiting for something. I don't know what I am waiting for, maybe it is death and for my soul to return home to the summerlands. I just know that no matter what I seem to accomplish it isn't the something I am waiting for. I can't help but wonder why I am here, what is the point in all this. Maybe it is that life seems to have no meaning because humans have strayed from nature and we are no longer truly connected to the Earth. With all this technology it seems we have lost our way and are no longer what we are meant to be. Maybe I am waiting to discover what it is I am really meant to be or do. Or maybe this is all there is to life and all I await is death.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

ENFJ: The Teacher

ENFJs are idealist organizers, driven to implement their vision of what is best for humanity. They often act as catalysts for human growth because of their ability to see potential in other people and their charisma in persuading others to their ideas. They are driven by values and vision, and are passionate about the possibilities for people.

ENFJs tune into the needs of others, and want to engage to create an environment of support. They are concerned with making people feel cared for and fostering their growth. Their compassion is not reserved for the people in their immediate vicinity: they are often humanitarian in nature, and may feel genuine concern for the ills of the entire human race.

ENFJs like to be liked and are very sensitive to feedback, both positive and negative. They take criticism quite personally. They expect the best not just from themselves, but from others as well, and tend to idealize relationships. Discovering that another person does not have the ENFJ’s best interests at heart, or that their intentions are not pure, is deeply upsetting to the ENFJ.

ENFJs have an intuitive sense of the emotional state of others, and often act as an emotional barometer for the people around them. They tend to personally experience the feelings of others, and are highly motivated to create harmony in their environments. Read more about ENFJ >>

That's me to a tee! Especially when you read the extras. Age 51 if somebody's taking notes

S&F OP
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
reply to post by smyleegrl

I feel the same although this feeling is an illusion, time waits for no man, and life is too short to sit around and wait.

2nd.

I don't think any one of us are sitting around waiting.

Im living life to the fullest!

The waiting game is a feeling as if we are expecting something grand to take place within and abroad.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Congratulations on hitting the top thread on the home page, Smyleegrl!! Of course, you get a S&F on this thread from me too.
I don't know how you come up with all these great topics, but I'm glad you do.

Yes, I have been waiting for something major to happen. It is a spiritual thing I can't put my finger on.
I don't know if it's the rapture, as Christians call it, or the aliens coming to beam us up, as the new-agers call it.
But, I feel it is major, whatever it is. And I feel I'll be alive to see it happen.

I've been waiting on other things too. I've been waiting for that job to come along that I would look forward to going to everyday, finding complete happiness, and a lot of other things. Still waiting....

Currently, I am waiting on that money tree seed I planted 20 years go in the back yard to grow, but as of yet, I haven't even seen a sprig of green growing from the ground. Still waiting....

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I have also had this "feeling" all my life as well. It has definitely grown much stronger over the last 10 years or so (I'm 31 now)
Sometimes the feeling is so strong that I find myself standing staring up at the sky as if "it" is going to happen at any minute.

I always just assumed it was the way everyone felt. Kind of like a willing for something out of the ordinary to happen due to our pretty horrific existence.

I really do hope something profound happens soon, that shakes up the world and gives us something else to live for, currently I'm pretty much done with this life.

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Reminded me so much of a thread I started some time ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dgwest7

"We have four years to get it right, or else it's irreversible, we're done.." - Michael Jackson early 2009 right before his death.

I'd say four years is almost up, and I don't think we got it right.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Yes, I have been feeling the same way for a while, I have no idea why and have no explanation, and it is irritating.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

This is going to be an extremely morbid reply, but...since you asked...

I'm waiting for something miraculous to happen. I'm waiting for a reason to live. In the absence of that, I'm waiting to die, because right now I don't see much justification for being here in this plane of existence. It certainly doesn't feel rewarding.

Again, morbid...but it's the most honest answer you'll get from me on a subject so vague.

couldn't have said it better.

I feel like I just wiaitng to die. Being a manic/depressive though doesn't help. Catch me next week I may be high on life.

I'll tell you though this rollercoaster ride is getting played out. Not to mention nobody want's o know you cause they don't know what version of you they're gonna get that day. Super happy talkative and full of laughter, or morbidly depressed and intensely angry ready to blow.

Gotta be more to it than this.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I've felt that feeling of waiting for something to happen since for as long as I can remember. I'm only 24 but I've always felt it, like waiting for the bottom to fall out or for some huge external event to occur and affect humankind. And always feeling like I'm watching for something yet I don't even know what that something would be.I was extremely advanced for my age and a dreamer when I was a child but due to traumatic experiences, I stopped dreaming and threw myself completely into perfectionist behavior and learning as much as I could in a weird attempt to cut off all feelings/emotions. It led to great academic success and I eventually started opening back up to dreams and feelings when I was a teenager but I constantly stifled feelings of anger over the things I'd been through most of my life. I got married very young and my husband was extremely abusive; he ended up attempting to murder me and almost succeeded but I survived and I was granted a fast-track divorce. Since then, I've not been able to dream at all (other than very lucid nightmares) and since then, even worse than before, I have a hard time feeling at all and expressing/understanding/talking about any feelings that I do have. I know that I'm just suppressing it (and suppressing it very well because I've taught myself to suppress my feelings my whole life). Despite this inability or unwillingness to feel, I'm still seeking out knowledge and trying to figure out why after all these years and throughout everything I've been through, I still haven't shake this feeling that I'm just WAITING for SOMETHING to happen and just KNOWING that SOMETHING is coming. I have no fear of it, I eagerly await it happening (whatever IT is). I don't feel special or like I have a purpose, I just have this feeling and this knowledge.

Oddly enough, while I'm younger than most that have posted here, I have always felt very old and have been told I have an old soul. I suppose my seriousness and the feeling of being old comes from having to grow up too fast and too early.

I saw people including all kinds of info about blood types and IQs and whatnot so I figure why not include mine. Probably too much information but here goes:
Age- 24
IQ- 168
Blood type- AB-
Myers-Briggs- INTJ Mastermind (I tested as INFJ Counselor years ago)
Birth- supposed to be born on Dec 24 1988, instead born early in Aiken SC on Thursday Dec 8 1988 (Dec 8 is Immaculate Conception) at 5:55 PM under a new moon, during a huge thunderstorm that knocked out power in the town
Astrological Sign- Sagittarius (or Ophiuchus if you believe in that aspect of astrology)
Background- upper class old Southern family/money, raised in Charleston SC on the water in an old haunted plantation house, extremely dysfunctional upbringing, quite a few traumatic events spanning from childhood to adulthood, very "popular" girl, friends with everyone I met, homecoming and prom queen, cheerleader, president of several academic and social clubs, always felt extremely dissociated/distanced/different from my peers, locally and regionally modeled/acted/sang for past eight years, play the violin and piano, was part of a ballet company in high school, speak French and Italian and Spanish, can read and write Latin
Religious- father's Southern Baptist, mother's Roman Catholic, major religious clash growing up, I'm simply spiritual and have a relationship with God
Political- Conservative/moderate
Education- educated at Ashley Hall (very old private preparatory academy), SAT score- 1580, always top of my class, in all gifted and talented and AP and IB classes, majored in political science in undergrad, currently in my second year of law school, next step is getting my Master's and Doctorate
Relationships- married at 18, divorced at 21 due to chronic abuse, mother to my 5 year old daughter from my failed marriage
Health- PTSD, congenital heart defect and immune system issue
Family Info- family on mother's side has a very long history of occult involvement and practices, they believe their women are born with the "gift" (ability to cast and practice magic, astral projection, psychic abilities in telepathy and precognition and empathy and etc, medium and summoning abilities, healing, etc), father in government job with VERY high security clearance
Genealogy- father's side of the family are English/Irish/Scottish/northern-Italian, mother's side of the family is Romany/Irish-Traveller/French/Cherokee (lots of "gypsy" blood on her side); some Russian, Spanish and Lebanese blood distantly on her side also
Hobbies- reading, writing, studying (favorite subjects are history, theology, philosophy, psychology, sociology, social and cultural anthropology, etc), traveling, exploring, playing the violin, organizing charitable events, etc.
Vices- none, do not have an addictive personality, staunch believer in self-denial and discipline
Odd Experiences- so many unexplained/paranormal/supernatural experiences that I actively try to shut out the other side
edit on 2/25/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I've always waited for whatever "IT" is. This is a large reason why I joined ATS is to try to educate myself and make sense out of it.

I wonder if that waiting is really a longing for our true home in Heaven? I've read a lot of books about the afterlife and it makes me think our souls are homesick for where we originated. Life is only a classroom for us and Heaven is where we truly belong.

That's my thought on what "it" might be.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalWisdom

Sometimes the feeling is so strong that I find myself standing staring up at the sky as if "it" is going to happen at any minute.

That's exactly what i seem to do on a weekly basis. Just this morning, i was outside smoking a cigarette and watching the sky thinking about upcoming meteorites (because of Russian situation 2 weeks ago i guess) Sometimes it's just a feeling of grandeur, something so intangible and unknown to us humans it seems, there are no words to describe it.

This thread made me realize some people have been waiting for 60+ years and maybe nothing will ever come

..but if it does, we are ready, whatever it is.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I know that was a lot of information but does anyone else identify with what I said?

And does any of it have anything to do with this feeling...no, this KNOWLEDGE...that something is coming and will happen that is far bigger than me or you or any of us?

I just...want to know. I want some sort of explanation or at least to be able to have someone identify with what I said or say, "Hey, I've felt the same way, I've been through some of the same stuff and it made me feel this way even more" or whatever someone would say.

I've been living my life to the fullest every day, I'm not waiting for anything to change my life because only God and I can do that. But I know that no matter how much I try to block it out or ignore it, the feeling of waiting and knowing it's coming has been growing stronger every day since I was a child. So what the Hell are we all waiting for? What's coming???

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I don't feel it, and am AMAZED that so many of you do.

If I'm waiting for anything, i guess it's to die?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

You are as unique as all of us... and as similar. We all have our unique talents and skills, unique learning, unique experiences, unique characteristics, and that uniqueness seems to be integral to the plan, whatever it is. The uniqueness makes us... "useful" in our own ways, so that, combined, we can deal with whatever's coming. We who "feel it" don't know what it is, either. We just know it's something. We can't predict what it is, or exactly when it's coming. But it is coming, and boy does it feel like "soon" to me. Watch for it with the rest of us, we'll see what happens.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I sure have and that something or someone comes from our hearts. I feel the illusions we are trapped in are self inflicted and now more people are starting to wake up.

I posted a tread in regards to this very issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 25-2-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

I agree 100%...it will definitely happen soon. You can practically feel time running out...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Interesting thread. I'm going to throw a reply out there which many of you probably won't agree with, but nonetheless .................. here goes.

What are we waiting for? Absolutely nothing.

I'm 35yrs old, and up until I was 30 or so, I also had this sense of 'anticipation'. Of feeling there was something big around the corner. I didn't know if it was going to be a big event in my life which would affect me personally, or a big event globally which would affect everyone, but like a dog chewing a bone there was this constant gnawing at the back of my mind. Something big was definitely going to happen.

Then I went through a few things in my life. Nothing life-changing like finding God or anything like that, just a few things which happen to a lot of people (I met my now-wife, my Dad got cancer, I hit a kinda landmark age - 30 - and started to try and assess my life and were I was going). And whilst going through these things, I started to think about this sense of anticipation - where did it come from? Why did my grandparents never have it or mention it? Why did my parents not seem to share it either?

And I came to a single conclusion : it's all in our heads. And it's a product of the age we live in.

Think back to the early 20th century. Most of the world was intensely focused on 2 major events which took place in the first half of the 20th century - World War 1 and World War 2. During these World wars, people living in affected countries had one main aim : to stay alive. And post-wars, the immediate threat to their existence may have lessened but there was also a huge push to rebuild society both literally and metaphorically. It's STILL ongoing, in the sense that no-one ever wants to see a World War again. The population, as a whole, didn't have time to daydream.

So we passed through the 50s, and 60s. There was prosperity, growth, and a sense of hope. Popular culture changed dramatically in the Western world with much more variation and proliferation of music, literature and film. Science Fiction - showing what we could be and what we could do in the future - became huge. Around this time, and entering into the 70s and 80s, there was also a colossal shift in attitude towards money: the 80s (the decade of 'greed') epitomized this. Suddenly everyone wanted to be a millionaire. And society was telling us that people could all BE millionaires if they had the right moves.

And then slowly into the 90s and 00s. Where the internet suddenly went from the realms of 60s science fiction to reality, and people were linked in ways they had never been linked before. We have the ability to discuss anything, with anyone. And in doing so, websites like ATS - a haven for those of us intensely interested in all things weird, all things conspiratorial, all things which may affect our futures globally - have grown huge, with followers and readers numbering in the thousands. And things like the Mayan calendar, and the inevitable discussions around it, get our minds working overtime.

And that is why I think this sense of 'waiting' for something is all in our heads. We live in an age where we do the lottery and could become a millionaire tomorrow. Where we could invent the next iPhone and become an internet icon tomorrow. Where we go on American idol and could become a huge musician tomorrow. Where we can go on any reality show and become a celebrity tomorrow. Where we spend half of every day discussing whether alien disclosure is about to happen and the world will be a changed placed tomorrow. Where we spend the other half of every day discussing whether North Korea will fire the first shot in a nuclear war and the world will end tomorrow. None of us really know what's going to happen tomorrow, but thanks to society and the Internet, we believe that something amazing could happen.

We have created this anticipation by - arguably - looking ahead too much and living in an age where everything happens at a much faster rate than it did for our predecessors. I'm not going to say that my sense of anticipation disappeared overnight once I realised this, but it certainly lessened. And I realised that while I'm waiting for absolutely nothing to happen tomorrow, part of me is surely missing out on the things that ARE happening around me today.

Life is short enough - don't let it pass you by.

edit on 25-2-2013 by elgaz because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Heh maybe only the smart high IQ people who have been hurt and who have had time alone to think have these feelings. I have an IQ of 132 and ALOT of time alone mixed with enough pain to make me question...why.

I hope it IS soon and that it gets people to dream of a better way and then do it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Never really had the feeling I've been waiting, but I don't think I've had the chance to wait like others. Due to life and work I'm always getting in to some problem to fix, most not my own. So I don't feel like I'm waiting just preparing.

As I was once told. If you're not ready for hell, you can be sure hell is ready for you.
edit on 25-2-2013 by ObjectZero because: grammer

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join