It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I've always been different. Different from my family, my twin, my peers. I've always been waiting for whatever it is. I've been waiting just a tad longer than half a century. Hopefully I won't have to wait much longer.

My results:
Introverted intuitive feeler.

Judger/Perceiver 50/50 split. "Your score was right on the borderline for the Judging vs. Perceiving facet. We can't say for sure what your preference is for this facet of personality."

My two possible personality types: INFJ: The Counselor and INFP: The Healer again 50/50 split.
edit on 24/2/2013 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

Oh... edit to add B+
edit on 24/2/2013 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

i agree

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ok so who ever asked..coincidences and syncronicities are increasing daily...

And different? I thought I was alien or swore I was adopted (I mean I look similar) but who are these people in my family LOL

Don't know my blood type but I am sure its wrong, and wont take the personality test cause I am stubborn and I took it before and I forgot the results, and I don't like tests, and I am sleepy, and I am pretty sure they were wrong too and I am out of excuses on that one.

We all seem to be in or extremely close (with some variants in age) to GenX (hated that term unless it meant we were mutants like GenX-men LOL). I have up till know only met a few with this "feeling" and although I have told my wife, and often lurk on metaphysical/spiritual threads this is the first that really "Clicked"

Always wondered if what I was waiting for would be to have telepathy, super powers or something similar growing up with all this technology. But then as was mentioned I too was the "Day~Dreamer" in school but also a class clown. hehe

edit on 25-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
He's my theory.

Some people feel the issue of "what's the point of all this?" more than others.

In my experience, it's the really smart and talented ones who do this most. Perhaps the feeling is hard-wired for an evolutionary purpose...an advantage.

It spurs behavior driven by curiosity and colored by creative thought. It tends to produce things....the engine, if you will, of innovation.

I'd be willing to bet that throughout all of human history, there were many who "waited for something..." and because of it, spent a fair amount of time "searching for it."

These were...and are...and will be the creators within humanity.

Many in this thread are part of a larger club with a long line of predecessors before you.

Another facet of the human condition....but this time, probably a good thing.

edit on 25-2-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

did you ever visit ron sheeks wanderer forum, now defunct?

second line

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I took the personality test too, but I couldn't use the link given in the previous post. I wasn't allowed.

So I went here instead:

Similar Minds

My test scoring was INFP

The Questor.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Are you

My advice?

Just trying to be clever here I guess, don't mind me. (Most don't)

I get what you mean though.

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Keep heart. Head up, eyes to the front. Beyond that.. whatever will be will be. The truth will out. Believe in good people. Karma's a bitch, and there are those about to catch a hot one. Choose your side wisely. As Raekwon once said; "All bets on the white horse."

As for the others, keep smirking. We'll see what it is.

Apologies if I'm seeming to speak vaguely or in riddles, in one of those moods.

1Love. ~

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I only read the first page-ish of replies, so this might've been said already, so I apologize if that's the case.

I know that feeling you're talking about, but I think that is just a byproduct of being self-conscious. It's prolly one of the main reasons for the invention of religions. (That is, unless God, or gods, or Aliens are these said inventors.) That being said, I'm guessing most of you that feel this way, are atheistic, or at most agnostic. Yes?

Or, i like what Loam wrote just a few posts above this one.
edit on 2/25/2013 by japhrimu because: Last line entered

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

did you ever visit ron sheeks wanderer forum, now defunct?

second line

No, I don't think so. It doesn't ring a bell.
But I'm betting I would have liked it, or would have been interested in checking it out, if it was still up and running.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I've read thru the posts and have noticed that everyone that has replied seems educated, stable and have a strong personality. I think we were all chosen to be witnesses to some event in the near future. All of my life I feel like I have been led in one direction for one purpose. I'm thrilled to know that I am not alone in having this feeling.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm with you guys, except that I've been waiting longer. I'm 65.

I have read many ancient books in which the people were waiting.

I think there is a consciousness level upon which we all await.

I recently read a book called "This is it", which follows John Lennon's idea of "Life is what happens to you while you're making other plans". It seems we all prefer to maintain a part of our conscip0usness somewhere in the future. But we all know tomorrow never comes.

If we seriously question this waiting game, I think it's telling us that we should stop waiting, and spend more conscious moments in the-here-and-now. Everything that is happening or can ever happen, is happening right here, right now.
And right here right now it seems to be coffee time

Cheers

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I swear Smyleegrl if i get insomnia because of this fantastic thread, I am taking all my stars and flag...and going to my room and not playing anymore!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I am feeling the same way as many people have posted on here. I am 34 now, and ever since a very young age I have always been waiting for that 1 moment that completely changes everything. I remember watching the events of 911 unfold and thinking that was it, but it was not quite there.
One of my biggest fears in life is facing my death bed and thinking it never happened. I guess the 1 thing I want to see is true alien contact that no one can dispute, or God stepping in, again with no one able to doubt it. I have always thought even if the devil came and made himself known to the world, that is proof to me that there is a god, and hopefully still gives a # about us.
Up until I was 13 I always believed I would be able to travel through time, and I now put that down to stupid childhood fantasies, but the stuff about aliens, or a true divine intevention would make me feel like I have lived my life and witnessed something truely remarkable.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Yeah, I feel the same, I have to force myself to sleep here in a minute, but this has been a great thread, and I have never given out so many stars. Everyone has been so insightful. I keep coming back and checking in and still so many fellow ATSers posting, I hope when smylee sees this, she will smile

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I am 44 going on 90, both Mentally and Physically. Have always felt I was born at the wrong time. Mainly because I'm a bit more conservative than others my age. However I haven't always appeared to be conservative from the outside looking in. What I mean by that is that I lived some wild and crazy years. At one point feeling as though I could never have enough friends. I was forever going to hang out out with different types of friends trying to find the group that best suited me. But the hunt always seemed hopeless. I could be at a party with 100+ people and feel completely alone. I was a serial dater and never thought I'd find Misses Right. Lots if heartbreak along the way. Fortunately I married at 35 and had a beautiful daughter at 38. (apple of my eye)

Blood Type: A+

Hobbies: I've done everything I can to experience as much in life as I can. I had always been atheletic, played baseball for 18years, worked out often, I became a thrill seeker doing crazy things like bungee jumping, car racing, sky diving, hang gliding, etc, I've always been an overachiever and like to find my own path.

Religion: I'm a cradle Catholic. Had been an altar boy, was baptized, First Holly Communion, Confirmation. Later joined a Catholic men's fraternity. The best value I've ever learned is something called Stewardship. I live each day looking for someone I can do something for. I love helping others and look for nothing in return.

Career: Without finishing college I attained a degreed position with a Fortune 500 company where I've worked for 25 years.

Life Changing Event: At age 30, knowing I had lived my life as a good person, yet a sinner nonetheless, I prayed to God one day and asked that if I were due to spend any time in purgatory, could I spend it here on earth so I wouldn't be so lonely. (A prayer I might regret asking one day). Within a few weeks I injured my back in the gym. I tried and tried to work through it and it only got worse and worse. I spent the next 10 years suffering in severe pain that controlled my life. I still managed to go to work (thank God I have a desk job), I still managed to focus on my Stewardship. After 10years I found a neurosurgeon willing to do surgery and I had to have 3 cervical disks replaced with cadaver bone and secured with a titanium plate and 8 screws. I continue to suffer low back pain, but it's a cross I'm willing to carry. On July 7, 2007 I had a dream that was more of a revelation where It truly was like one of the Life After Death experiences you hear about. Who knows, maybe I did die for a few moments considering all the pain meds they kept me on prior to my surgery. It was only during this dream that I felt my WAITING was over. It was an experience like no other and where all life's questions were answered the moment you thought of them. Everything felt right. I didn't feel out if place.THIS is what I'm waiting for right now. I feel in my heart I'm waiting on a Devine intervention/event,
Ever since that dream that night I have been awake. I spend hours a day (usually at night when families in bed) looking for answers. I feel as if I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for this event to happen that seems to never come. but I will continue to be on the alert.
I will say a prayer for everyone on this thread, I feel God haas woken us up and has a special role waiting for us and we'll know exactly what to do and when to do it.

Side Note: I hate Chemtrails. I'm a Birther but not a Republican. Our Govt is corrupted. I'm pissed that no one has been held accountable for Benghazi. And just found out today that Medvedez/Russia warned countries like ours that they won't hesitate to use nuclear weapons. What makes me mad more than anything? The largest coverup of all time, The Ongoing Fukushima Nuckear Disaster!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's truly fascinating that this many people have the same feeling. I've been "waiting" for something to happen for a little over a decade now, just turned 44 a month ago.

I have a tendency to rationalize and search for meaning and researching about subjects that intrigue me, so you can imagine I've dug deep into every doomsday theory and prophecy I've come across, all because of this "gut feeling" / intuition, and if you don't mind I'm going to share my conclusions so far with you, but please bear in mind they are just my own opinion.

It's my belief that we have reached a point in time that there are enough of us who are ready to evolve through knowledge and love, without the need for the experience of learning through pain and suffering, that sharing existence with power-thirsty, dominating, dishonest and violent people has become a serious obstacle to our own learning experience (I say "we" and "our" because I want to believe I'm part of that group, but in all honesty I'm not all that sure). That obviously brings us to the biblical reference of judgement day and separating wheat from chaff.

Now this part will only make sense if you believe we're not this crude flesh vessel but immortal spirits who happen to have a body in this earthly existence. From that perspective, there is no such thing as "death" and doomsday can be faced as just a milestone in human history, which will bring on some profound changes in our way of life yes, but will most definitely not be the end of our existence.

So yes, I do believe we're going to experience what many will call "extinction level events", but for anyone who believes we're incapable of dying, what does that really mean? Something like diving into a cold pond on a summer day, uncomfortable at first but after a while you get used to it and in proper time might even begin to like it.

Those cataclysmic events will come in waves and take lots of people at a time, and after that at some point the separation will take place. Advanced "students" will go to a proper "classroom" together so they can have a better and faster learning experience, while the ones who are still caught up in the material side of things will be sent to an adequate "classroom" to their current level of understanding. No "heaven" or "hell", just suitable environments for everyone's learning stage. And BTW sooner or later everyone will reach the same evolutionary state, it's only a matter of time and path chosen, no shame in taking longer nor pride in getting there faster.

Of course, again all this IMHO.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PMNOrlando

God answers prayers in bizarre ways! Be careful of what you ask for.

You forgot to include Fast and Furious, that one really bothers me.

I feel a lot of what you have written.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
reply to post by abeverage

Yeah, I feel the same, I have to force myself to sleep here in a minute, but this has been a great thread, and I have never given out so many stars. Everyone has been so insightful. I keep coming back and checking in and still so many fellow ATSers posting, I hope when smylee sees this, she will smile

Being a Vivid and Lucid dream I am bound to have a doozy tonight! I still remember the first time I typed in a MSN chat room with people all over the world, stayed up until 4 or 5 am! That night I dreamed we could still keep talking through some form of telepathy.

Vague forms but clear words...Funny I have not thought of that in years geez like 15???

Well sweet dreams!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Thank you very much Happy1!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

Thank you Glad to be here among a community of people who have shared interests.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join