It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
In this thread: A lot of people waiting for "something" to change their lives.

I will probably catch a lot of crap for this, and maybe it has been brought up already, but I didn't want to read through 10 pages of people explaining their waiting situation.

Why are you waiting for outside influences to dictate a change in your life? That is EXACTLY why the "system" people are complaining about exists.

If you don't like your life, change it. Get out of your comfort zone, try something new. Travel the world.

Waiting gets boring, and in the meantime you get distracted from truly enjoying this life.

... I used to feel the same sentiments as many of you, years ago

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

that was maybe 15 years ago. It was excellent until it finally fell to trolls and pranksters.
This thread is amazing in that it seems to be almost free of negativity.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
43, INFP, B-,Atheist/skeptic

Sure, I feel it. Always have and still do every single damn day. But, I have to go along with the posts like AfterInfinity's, Sinder's and hawkiyes in that, I no longer feel like this is an event that's going to happen. That there is nothing coming, no grand or personal happening that will change it.

I really thought that life would have something more interesting to it. That freedom/good things or exciting things would come eventually. But it's just THIS. It's always been THIS and THIS will only stop when I die and think - THAT's all it was?? I believe that's probably on the minds of the dying all the time, if they can think sufficiently.

I believe that I have a good "big picture" sense of the world and society now and although I can't verbalize it, it's mostly really, really overwhelmingly sad.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I've been in the waiting mode myself.Divorced with a great daughter and I'm 44.
Been through different career changes over the years,the whole marriage gig.

Can never quite put my hand on what the anticipation,angst...is.
Seems like there just has to be more to this life.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Apologies for my last post, it was little too much on the dark and aggro side than i would have liked.

Anyways, reading through this thread i can empathize and identify with pretty much most of what the majority of you are saying, and since you have expressed how i also feel probably better than i can at this point, i'll play the role of DJ and post a couple more tunes in keeping with the theme of the thread.

Pretty amazing how this thread took off. Looks like there are more than a few who feel this way.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gottaknow
Last week I re-met a lady who was a good friend about twelve years ago. She said to me "Do you find it peculiar being in this world, but not of this world?"

In the way that some healers have identified that we do have a connection to "home", they refer only to our earthly home.

Is it not possible that we have a connection to a more desirable home elsewhere, and this gives us a subconscious yearning to bring that home here, or to return to it there?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Deny777

I have also dug into prophecy in an attempt to quiet the mind and find answers. I believe that prophets have provided us with many of the answers yet in our habit of being linear thinkers along with the need to control due to fear (dates and times), it has disheartened some which is expressed in various ways.

My own conclusions are (so far), that people get 'feelings' because there is a part of us that already knows. This feeling is beyond my own frame of reference. I have few experiences that communicated to me, "You had a feeling something big was going to happen today and it did." If I had this all the time it would not bother me that I have an unsettling feeling now - past 5 years give or take.

If there is a need for a physical explanation it could have something to do with the most ancient part of the brain - aka reptilian/the basal ganglia (instinct, controls breathing, heartbeat, etc), I also believe in God and believe that we were given these abilities so that He could speak with us (it's a gift if we can accept it as such).

Maybe many of us have this waiting/uneasy feeling because it we need to be having it. I am not thinking in terms of doom and gloom. Having said that - it should have left me by now and it seems as if things are changing. I often think of WWII and the people living in Poland who "had a feeling" something wasn't right. Hitler was planning years before anything bad happened to them. They 'sensed' it so strongly and time sped up in a sense - having to wear an armband to school if a Jewish child, negative remarks on cartoons, etc. It was not right in their face yet those who went with the 'feeling' listened and attempted to protect themselves. I think we need to listen and pay attention to what is put in front of us on a day to day basis. Being loving and alert to what is going on around us seems like a viable thing to do if that waiting turns into something more.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

If you had bothered to read the WHOLE thread, you would see it's not people saying they "need" something to change their life, it's about people who have felt their entire life - from childhood - that "something" - world changing (not their personal life) was going to happen during thier lifetime.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Thank you for your post OP. I too feel that something is about to (or should) happen. I am 53 years old, AB -, INFP.
I have become acutely aware of how shallow and cruel the world has become. The ones who purport to lead us are corrupt and we seem to be powerless to change it. I left the US and moved to England after George Bush got elected a second time. When Obama was elected, for a moment I had hope that we had turned a corner and that we would pull ourselves out of the nosedive. It didn't (hasn't) happened.

I won't go so far as to say I am waiting to die, but I search the alternative news every day for The Event I feel will be the catalyst for change, as I am not sure how long I can continue to live in a world where the principle focus of government and industry is figuring out more efficient ways of dis-empowering and killing people we perceive as different from "us". In my world, we are all "us" and unless and until we figure that out, life is just a mirage on the horizon.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. It has literally lifted my mood out of a bit of a funk and given me some measure of comfort. Good vibes maan.

Wish there were more threads like this at ATS. You are beautiful people, and you've humbled me.

Much Love & Respect to you and yours.

Peace. ~

(one last song)

edit on 25-2-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Four pages. That's all I got through before my mind was blown. So many differences in everyone, yet fundamentally the same in our cores, where it matters. I wonder how many of you also think of yourselves as a "jack of all trades"... or "creative"... or "insightful"... or even just "special." And I have always, always felt completely out of place amongst the human race, like I'm not human deep down inside. Like I don't belong here, but I am here, so it has to be for some unknown purpose. And yes, I too feel 18 inside... like the mid-40's outside is just clothing to be shed later. I wouldn't miss it.

For the statistics, I'm an INFP (significant) with AB+ blood (insignificant) and a rather high IQ that I don't even know for sure but it's rather high. Genetics, race, nationality, religion even, we don't all have in common. Those don't seem to have anything to do with this... let's call it a "phenomenon." I've always had the feeling that I was here (on Earth, not ATS) to learn everything I could about everything I found interesting. I know pi to 230 decimal places, for instance (just to see if I could do it). I know just about everything about Star Trek and wish every day that I lived in that world instead. But it's not just memorization; it's experience. If that makes sense. Like being in training for something, but I know not what. So, like you, I'm simply... waiting, studying, learning, helping others, etc etc etc. Going with the flow.

There's no question something is coming, and fast. We've all felt it, independently, most of our lives. We are all on the same "team," for some reason, and we'll figure it out eventually. Don't worry. With this much obvious Master Planning going on, we can't help but succeed at our... Big Whatever. I have my suspicions about what it is, but I'll keep that to myself for now...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines
Why are you waiting for outside influences to dictate a change in your life? That is EXACTLY why the "system" people are complaining about exists.

We wait because it's natural for us to wait. Getting out, seeing the world, all that stuff would be selfish, for our benefits only. And violence, I'm guessing, is abhorrent to any of us, so there's no way we can be the catalyst for change (not that we'd survive if we tried it). I wouldn't know what to do to get it started because I don't know what "it" is. We're waiting to help out with "it" once it begins, I think. We wait because we were programmed to wait. And watch. And learn. We're all eager to get started on it, but until then, waiting is all we can do. Make sense?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
yes the wait is almost up, the PlayStation 4 is being released soon.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Oh... another question has occurred to me for you guys: have you ever been in a situation where your life was seriously in danger, only to have something seemingly miraculous happen that saved you? I sure have. More than once. And I have the feeling a lot of you have, too...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

To your direct question - yes - but I've already posted that.

I want to say that the abhorrence to violence - it is soooo true. I hope others post their feelings on this.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

edit on 25-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

When I read this post and the one after this post I replied to, I've a feeling your spot on. It makes sense, at least from my perspective.

I wasn't aware I was to give other info to try and find common denominators in this Waiting Game Group. Let's see, I'm O+ (common enough blood type). I do feel as though I'm "different" from most other people, but I'm not so comfortable stating that I am "special" or more than anyone else. I think we all have the same potential, we are just all at different stages in that potential.

IQ - when I was young it was 130 something, when I was last tested in college it had went way up from that initial testing when I was in grade school. I'm not sure it the testing changed, or i just got smarter. It went up more than 30 points. But now being out of school, if I took it again, I might get a whole new number closer to what I had in grade school. I don't know. Anymore, I retrieve information from my brain like a rolladex. I just flip through the files till I find what I want. Asfab - 86. I didn't take the ACT's or SAT's in high school, so I can't give those test scores.

I'm a mutt, of course. Mostly of European descent with a bit of North American Indian mixed in.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It's emptiness without finding your call. Gods still waiting while you try to fill the lack of belief with something else. Waiting for something is the most soul destroying event in a humans life. You don't wait...you reach out and take.

Don't live waiting to die and then go oh...... ooops.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Waiting... For what?

Back in 2001 with the 9-11 disaster I actually got a clue as to what I was waiting for. And after working on it for years I know what the problem is.

We're living in Left Behind. Pre rapture.

What I determined was this.

Based on Matthew 24 and the fig tree parable the biblical end times started between the end of WW2 in Aug. of 45 and May 15 1948. The birthday of the nation of Israel. The birth of Israel being the earliest end time event I can find that actually happened. Making it a fig leaf of the tree. And actually the 2nd fig leaf but that does give us functional date as to determine when other end time events happen.

Such as the end of the apocalypse and the starrt of the day of Jezreel. Referred to as the 1000 year reign of the saints in Revelation. 2025 to May 15 2028 as the latest possible date for it. Putting the 3.5 year reign of the Antichrist as starting between 2022 and 2025. And the start of the 7 year agreement of Daniel 9-27 as starting between 2018 to 2021.

Events that have to happen before the 7 year agreement. Not necessarily in order.

Destruction of Persia (Iran).
The fracturing of the United States into the 4 republics of Daniel 8.
The creation of the kingdom of the North. (Roman Empire)
The creation of the kingdom of the South. (Caliphate)
The Gog and Magog disaster.
The appearance of the Branch/Messenger of the Covenant. The guy who rebuilds the Jewish Temple. He also appears to be a future Witness of Revelation and the black horseman as well.

This is what I figured out so far. I shoud give it a thread someday. It would be interesting ot look back in 2021 to see what I got right. And showing you how Revelation works would be interesting.

Cross-references to old testament prophesies. It's interesting to put the pieces together.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
We are always waiting for it to happen, while ignore that it's actually happening here and now. There is no future, there is only now. Yet we ignore now because we are waiting for something in the future to happen. In the process of waiting, we miss out on what is going on now in our lives to the detriment of ourselves. Stop clinging and just enjoy the ride. There is very little you can do to change a future that is yet to exist.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join