It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Expansion of Black American Misery under Barack Obama's Watch

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

The majority of black america does not worship Obama. Get real. Do you actually believe that every "black leader" or "black figurehead" is true to himself or to his people? You showed videos of actors and comedians, who are employed to play a part (which is often portraying a caricature of sorts) by ahem white people. There will always be people willing to abandon their ideals and beliefs for a crumb off the crust of the pie, just like there will always be whores in nevada. They don't speak for everyone though, not by a longshot. The problem is a lot more than just a white vs. black thing. There is a history of conditioning, dehumanizing and betrayal that runs deep and dictates the way a lot of things are allowed to be seen today, and the true state that things are in.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

The Majority of Black America, that represent black people in our political system, voted for Barrack Obama...

I would suggest you hit Google up before you even attempt to debate me on that one....

Also Jamie Fox, and Chris Rock, whether you can understand it or not are Black leaders.....

I am guessing your not American...

Please do not admit to me you are...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Not saying it isn't but....If Obama is redistributing the wealth from poor to wealthy...why is the GOP AGAINST him?

The answer to this question is reason enough for most black people to rather ride with Obama.

And I don't see any black people who worship Obama, maybe except in words only. Obama hasn't paid anyones rent/mortgage or brought any groceries. It's an insult to assume black people are stupid enough to believe he has.

WE know he's nothing more than a politician.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Has it gotten worse under Obama due to him or because there's nothing he can do about it?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That's not silly at all when Obama's policies can be directly linked to the current misery of the community as well as the economy as a whole.

What's silly is everytime someone criticizes Obama the excuses just roll out. "Well, what about Bush" "Obama is just like every President"

I'm not talking about every President, I'm talking about Obama and his policies. So I wish apologist for Obama would stop making these obvious, blanket statements which have nothing to do with the horrible policies of Obama.

Of course people need to take responsibility and that's my point. Stop voting with the Democrats in these overwhelming numbers when there policies are horrid for your community and the economy as a whole.

So exactly what was it Romney and the GOP were going to do for the black community that was going to be better than Obama?

You're suggesting blacks should stop voting Democrat and even consider Republican when the GOP doesn't even ATTEMPT to consider the black population? Remember it's Republican policies that decimated the black communities in the 80's.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

This here is the problem. The G.O.P. is no worse than the Democrats. They're 2 sides of the same corrupt coin. Under Bush, black unemployment was 9.4% and under Obama it has went as high as 16% while corporate profits are at historic highs.

The point is blacks need to go to the G.O.P. and work with them in places they agree and give them some votes. It's just silly and puts blacks in a powerless position when our community is just slaves to the Democrat Party.

When the Gays threatened to take support from Obama, he came out for Gay Marriage. When Hispanics threatened to take away support, Obama was on so many Spanish programs, I thought he was going to start speaking Spanish.

If blacks get a little wrestles, the Democrats just send out Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to black Churches to round up the Negroes and this needs to stop.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by divideandconquer

Of course blacks are worst off...everyone is, we're in a depression!

Do you expect blacks to be doing better than everyone else? There would be an uproar and Obama would have been assassinated by now if he ACTUALLY achieved prosperity for blacks!

Blacks are the bottom of the pole in America so OF COURSE we're doing worst now as EVERYONE is.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

This here is the problem. The G.O.P. is no worse than the Democrats. They're 2 sides of the same corrupt coin. Under Bush, black unemployment was 9.4% and under Obama it has went as high as 16% while corporate profits are at historic highs.

The point is blacks need to go to the G.O.P. and work with them in places they agree and give them some votes. It's just silly and puts blacks in a powerless position when our community is just slaves to the Democrat Party.

When the Gays threatened to take support from Obama, he came out for Gay Marriage. When Hispanics threatened to take away support, Obama was on so many Spanish programs, I thought he was going to start speaking Spanish.

If blacks get a little wrestles, the Democrats just send out Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to black Churches to round up the Negroes and this needs to stop.

It's as simple as Democrats voice better intentions and more concerns for the black communities. GOP on the other hand attempts to pretend as if blacks haven't been getting the short-end of the stick for generations. They even attempt to flip policies designed to bring blacks level with the rest of America as being racist against them!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

And it was Democrats like Al Gore's father and KKK Byrd who didn't support the Civil Rights Act.

The point is, it's silly to act like Democrats are this pure party that loves blacks so much more than the G.O.P.

NEWSFLASH!!

They're both corrupt as the day is long, so yes give some votes to the G.O.P. instead of walking lock step with the Democrats who are just as corrupt.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Obama hasn't made the wealthy filthy rich, the corporations and investors who own our country have! Obama is just a squirrel trying to get his nut. There's nothing HE nor any other President can do about our situation. They don't have the power, that died with JFK.

So really arguing about what Obama has or hasn't done is just exercise, he CAN'T do anything really. Until we get the money out of politics we are all slaves to money.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Democrats voice better intentions? Then they decimate the black community while enriching Wall Street and Multi-Nationals.

Again, both parties are 2 sides of the same corrupt coin. It's silly to walk in lock step behind the Democrats.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

And it was Democrats like Al Gore's father and KKK Byrd who didn't support the Civil Rights Act.

The point is, it's silly to act like Democrats are this pure party that loves blacks so much more than the G.O.P.

NEWSFLASH!!

They're both corrupt as the day is long, so yes give some votes to the G.O.P. instead of walking lock step with the Democrats who are just as corrupt.

Come on we know those Democrats moved to the Republican party...

Any way you're right the Democratic Party doesn't love blacks, neither does or will. Personally I believe everyone should stop voting and make our government fix our election process.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I know,

Obama can't do anything when he's in power so he's not responsible for anything but Bush was responsible for everything when he was President.

In my opinion, they both are corrupt Politicians running 2 corrupt parties and it's silly to walk in lock step with either party.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Democrats voice better intentions? Then they decimate the black community while enriching Wall Street and Multi-Nationals.

Again, both parties are 2 sides of the same corrupt coin. It's silly to walk in lock step behind the Democrats.

It's simply like having two gangstas robbing you.

One only takes 100 dollars per month for a total of 1200 dollars a year while the other wants to take the entire 1200 dollars up front. A family living check to check and struggling would rather the gangsta who takes 100 dollars per month because they can at least still function and hope.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You are my hero! You get it! All the politicians use the black vote by spewing empty promises. The black community has been abused this way so long that their culture reflects it. Negatively. There is only a difference in basic philosophy between the parties. Republicans believe in Constitutional government. Democrats ( Left leaning anyway) believe in big government to control everything. Republicans would actually be better for the black community because they desperately want their votes. If you research it, the Republicans have given more to the black community than Democrats in the last 25 years. I have black Republican friends that are doing quite well. Better than me actually.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

One only takes 100 dollars per month for a total of 1200 dollars a year while the other wants to take the entire 1200 dollars up front. A family living check to check and struggling would rather the gangsta who takes 100 dollars per month because they can at least still function and hope.

Function and hope??

Under Obama black unemployment went as high as 16%.

Under Bush it was 9.4%

Under Obama Multi-Nationals are being flooded with cheap dollars. Corporate profits are at an all time high and income inequality is increasing, but Obama is better because people can still hope while he Golfs with tiger Woods??

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I'm saying neither President was at fault or responsible, there's nothing they can do except cosmetics.

Until we get rid of Lobbyist and get the money out of politics (such as removing the unwritten rule that only millionaires can run) we will continue to spiral downward.

Until WE as a people get together and take our politics seriously by voting to institute such things as Congressmen only make the mean salary of the American populace and they don't get paid if a budget isn't passed, we will not see improvement.

However NO, and I mean NO President will make any significant change. Actually people need to pay more attention to the Senate and HOR seats for change.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

You are my hero! You get it! All the politicians use the black vote by spewing empty promises. The black community has been abused this way so long that their culture reflects it. Negatively. There is only a difference in basic philosophy between the parties. Republicans believe in Constitutional government. Democrats ( Left leaning anyway) believe in big government to control everything. Republicans would actually be better for the black community because they desperately want their votes. If you research it, the Republicans have given more to the black community than Democrats in the last 25 years. I have black Republican friends that are doing quite well. Better than me actually.

BINGO!!

Both parties understand a NO VOTE. So if Blacks were to go to the G.O.P. in places they agree and give them votes, the G.O.P. would bend over backwards for votes and the Democrats couldn't take blacks for granted.

It's just basic common sense because both parties are 2 sides of the same corrupt coin.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

I can destroy your claim that Republicans want less government by simply asking you where you stand on felons getting their rights back or a myriad of other things to include abortion.

Republicans aren't against government...........................as long as it either tips the scales in their favor or attempts everyone to live by their morals.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Function and hope??

Under Obama black unemployment went as high as 16%.

Under Bush it was 9.4%

Under Obama Multi-Nationals are being flooded with cheap dollars. Corporate profits are at an all time high and income inequality is increasing, but Obama is better because people can still hope while he Golfs with tiger Woods??

Firstly, unemployment for the black community has ALWAYS been at the least 15%. It's just that many blacks give up looking for employment and fall from the rolls.

I work in employment and am aware of the struggles blacks have in getting jobs under Obama and the other Presidents. It isn't Obama policies hurting the jobs, it's Republican ideology that's hurting blacks getting jobs. Such things as no prior convictions, misdemeanor and felonies.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join