It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Expansion of Black American Misery under Barack Obama's Watch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Also, in your OP, your claiming the re distribution of wealth, from the very poor to the wealthy.

I am not sure your 100% on that either.

Lets start at food stamps in 2010.
Black folk are 10% of the population, but are gobbling up 22% of the food stamps.
answers.yahoo.com...

35% are White
22% are African American
10% are Hispanic
2% are Asian
4% are Native American
19% are Unknown

Lets move onto welfare now. What I call the dole.

White 38.8%
Black 37.2
Hispanic 17.8
Asian 2.8
Other 3.4

It doesn't initially look good for either whites or blacks until you compare these figures with US Census population figures. Blacks = 12.9% of the population, Whites = 77.1%. This means that proportionally, a MUCH bigger percentage of blacks are on welfare than whites. Surprisingly, teenage mothers of all races only accounted for 7.6% of people on welfare.

I am sure that the bad boys and girls will come soon and start yelling racist at me, but OP, I want you to know that I have spent more time around people of color than I have around my own Aryans. I am not racist against you, but.

Facts are facts.

OH and I forgot to mention.

THEY ARE TAKING MORE AND MORE FROM EVERYONE, NOT JUST YOU AND YOURS.
edit on 22-2-2013 by lnfideI because: we cool?

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Fri Feb 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Feb 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI

THEY ARE TAKING MORE AND MORE FROM EVERYONE, NOT JUST YOU AND YOURS.
edit on 22-2-2013 by lnfideI because: we cool?

Like I said earlier, unless you can make it look like some minority is the victim your "facts" are either irrelevant or racist.
Its funny that blackagendareport can be used but its white counterpart would be a T&C violation because it is "racist" They don't even try to hide the fact that the site was founded by a member of the black panthers.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

First you asked what policies to my response that Pelosi was Speaker when Obama had the House, which you didn't know so I answered the questions.

I answered why Obama policies hurt blacks as well as the economy as a whole. Blacks have it worse in every category under Obama yet they supported him 95% in 2008 and 93% in 2012.

That was the point of my post. Just go back and read it. Blacks walk in lock step behind Obama and the Democrats and get the blunt of his policies.

Black families are faring worse than at any time in the last 25 years, and worse than at this point with President Obama than with Presidents G.W. Bush, Clinton, H.W. Bush, Reagan, and even Carter. These presidential comparisons span a period of almost four decades.

We are experiencing a 28-year high in black unemployment; but unlike January 1983, when black unemployment spiked but then soon improved, Barack Obama's black unemployment has hovered in the 14%-16% range for over three years (now 14.1%).

Not only has the job picture been dismal, but standards of living have deteriorated in other ways. Black poverty has increased, and the prices of gasoline, bread, ground meat, milk, and sugar are up dramatically.

Like the adults, black children have suffered mightily under President Obama. Teen black unemployment is at a terrible 39.3%. The number of children living under the poverty line is as high as it has ever been.

www.americanthinker.com...

Again, the point is blacks support Obama overwhelmingly but his policies hurt blacks the most. Obama runs for Hispanics and Gays when they threaten not to support him or the democrats but blacks don't have that luxury because they walk in lock step with the Democrats.

Obama policies have been a hammer to black families and that's what the article and the thread is about.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

You know,,,,,,

We really need to get by and over all this racist bs.

When the F are we all going to be able to unite for a single cause?

Never

And that is EXACTLY what he wants, well he gets.

I am white trash cracker idiot. BUT when I walk into a white ghetto, I dont feel that all eyes want to kill me.

But when I walk into a black ghetto, I feel as though I need a tight grip on my blade.

And its the same for black folk, they cant come into a white ghetto freely and safley.

And here we all are in the same boat adrift and fighting one another as the captain has took off with the good looking girls and all the gold.

Is there any group of people not being impacted by Obama and his crews policies?

I'm not to sure.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Eh, white people are still using more welfare than any group. You forgot to take into account SSI which is overwhelming used by eldery white Americans. Black Americans pay into it all their lives and most never get to use it because they die before they are eligible. SO moot point.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

This is basic grade 4 math.

If you had 10 people eating dinner and being served was a PIZZA with 10 pieces,

There was 7 Whites, a Mexican, an Asian and a African American.

The whites ate 35%of the pizza, or 3.5 slices. The Mexican ate one slice or 10% and the African American ate 22% or 2.2 slices. The OTHER 33% or 3.3 slices went to the rest of the folks, the Orientals, the Indians, the unknowns.

You have 7 people who ate 3.5 slices, under 1/2 of a slice a piece.

You have one African American who ate 2.2 slices, almost a 1/4 of the pie.

You do not see a problem with this?

if no is the answer, can you order me a double Hawaiian with extra cheese and I will catch you next week.

ps, I am going to shut up now in this thread because I think that the poor man who opened this thread up is in bed trying to get some rest for work tomorrow so he can get up and slave allday to feed his family and keep the roof over his head and it is unfair to keep harping on it while he is not here to defend what he has said.
edit on 22-2-2013 by lnfideI because: Long before my grandfather was born, this land was ours.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Is there a group that voted for Obama 95% in 2008 or 93% in 2012 that are being decimated with these numbers?

The post is about how blacks overwhelmingly supported Obama and they're being hammered by Obama policies. Did you read the statistics?

Black household income stood at only 55 percent of white household income in 2011, an even smaller share than 1999’s 63 percent. Black unemployment in August 2012 ran twice white unemployment, 14.1 to 7.2 percent.

Black people currently make up about 13.8 percent of the U.S. population, and about 27 percent of these Americans fall below the poverty line. The population overall rates as about 15 percent poor. So black people in the United States face nearly twice the risk of living in poverty as average Americans.

Here's more:

The poverty rate for all African Americans in 2011 was 28.1% which is an increase from 25.5% in 2005. Actually the poverty rate increased between 2005 and 2011 for every demographic of African Americans except those ages 65 and over who experienced a decrease from 21.2% to 18.8%. Black families with children under 18 headed by a single mother have the highest rate of poverty at 46.5% compared to only 8.6% percent of married-couple Black families.

The poverty rate for African Americans has reached 27.4 percent, the highest level in four years, according to figures compiled by the U.S. Census Bureau this week.

“The figures are both startling and very telling,” said Rev. Derrick Boykin, associate for African-American Leadership Outreach at Bread for the World, said in a statement. “That the African-American poverty rate is twice as high as the poverty rate for whites reveals that African-Americans continue to suffer disproportionately from social injustices.”

According to the census, the 27.4 percent number for Blacks is higher than that for Whites at 13 percent, Asians at 12.1 percent and Latinos at 26.6 percent. Those numbers have some in the Congressional Black Caucus asking why Obama has taken so long to address the poor and specifically the plight of Blacks in America.

Again, I'm talking statistics not hyperbole.

THE FACT IS BLACKS SUPPORTED OBAMA 95% IN 2008 AND 93% IN 2012.

That makes no sense because Obama policies has hammered the black community.
edit on 22-2-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

-_- Work on your reading comprehension man your too focused on being right about math which was wrong btw, because you missed the point, lol. I said SSI or social security income, is used at a higher rate by whites than blacks. Therefore taking into account that whites make up most of the population of America, if you take the percentage of whites on cash assistance, food stamps, SSI, and other public assistance programs. Whites take up more money than any other group. Its not that hard/
edit on 22-2-2013 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by lnfideI

-_- Work on your reading comprehension man your too focused on being right about math which was wrong btw, because you missed the point, lol. I said SSI or social security income, is used at a higher rate by whites than blacks. Therefore taking into account that whites make up most of the population of America, if you take the percentage of whites on cash assistance, food stamps, SSI, and other public assistance programs. Whites take up more money than any other group. Its not that hard/
edit on 22-2-2013 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

Thats a brilliant fact. They should be using more there is more of them.

Whites are 77% of America, do you think that whites are using 77% of welfare $?

White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3

To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all recipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population.

Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents. Why am I writing this? Because I am tired of the misrepresentations on this issue. I read so many on here claiming that more Whites are on welfare than Blacks (true, in terms of raw numbers), yet not accounting for the fact that there are over 4X as many Whites in this country than Blacks! In statistics, you cannot go by mere numbers. Only if the playing field is exactly equal, which is rarely is! This thread was started, not to be racist, but to keep it real. After all, there are some legitimate reasons for Blacks to be on welfare more than Whites. But the worst thing anyone can do is be in denial.

Simple math bro. math is math, fiction is just that. Wheres your math?

edit on Fri Feb 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

LOL!

What in the world are you talking about?

I don't need you to feel anything. What is your point? You're hung up on some racist nonsense. Nobody ask you to feel sorry for anybody. I'm talking about Obama's policies not racist nonsense.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Eh, when people quote welfare statistics they don't take SSI into account. I don't have the numbers in front of me but whites do "gobble" up more social security than any other group. Thats taking into account the percentage differences based on population you keep shouting about which I was addressing all along. So what im saying to you is, whites do the same thing, lol. But good for you, you said originally more blacks were on welfare than white. But now that you changed your position I think we're cool.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I knew it would only be a matter of time before some little muffin came in and started with the racist cards. LOL

The OP says that blacks are losing. That Blacks voted Obama. And now its no picnic, they are worse off.

This is partially a group who brought this on themselves. Now what? cry a river? look for forgiveness? ask to repeal? ask for more dole? ask for another slice of pie?

I don't get it? what do you want people to do?

Here is what people are doing.

The people at the bottom of the $ chain are crying big croc tears, its not working out.

The people just above them in poverty, keep slogging because they have to.

The middle class is pissed at all the $ they had to send down the chain to the useless eaters. White and black.

The people at the top continue to rake it in, wealth creates wealth, it dont matter really who they vote for.

The rest of the world laughs at you all, at the same time being squeezed by our own heroes in Gov.

I knew when you were spouting off about who was on welfare you had no clue. No math skills and no answer, but to cry racist.

Typical. Goodnight.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by lnfideI

Eh, when people quote welfare statistics they don't take SSI into account. I don't have the numbers in front of me but whites do "gobble" up more social security than any other group. Thats taking into account the percentage differences based on population you keep shouting about which I was addressing all along. So what im saying to you is, whites do the same thing, lol. But good for you, you said originally more blacks were on welfare than white. But now that you changed your position I think we're cool.

OMG!!!!!!

Are you talking about Old Age Security?

This is what your talking bout? - www.ssa.gov...

How can you claim SSI when you have not worked?

Do you want to collect SSI without working a day in your life?

LOL

Thats rich man. very rich.

edit on 22-2-2013 by lnfideI because: Long before my grandfather was born, this land was ours.

kk IM serious this time.

ps, I am going to shut up now in this thread because I think that the poor man who opened this thread up is in bed trying to get some rest for work tomorrow so he can get up and slave allday to feed his family and keep the roof over his head and it is unfair to keep harping on it while he is not here to defend what he has said.
edit on 22-2-2013 by lnfideI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
reply to post by lnfideI

I'm talking about Obama's policies not racist nonsense.

orlly?
I don't think you have mentioned a single policy, you have mentioned race and sexual orientation many times but not one specific policy while quoting black agenda.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

I live in the South Ga, I know exactly what you are talking about, this getting bad around here in my neck of the woods for already poor black people

Now the Budgets cuts from the defense is going to hit like it was predicted back in June, millions of jobs within the government will be lost, already the local military base is getting their civilian work force ready for the lay off that will amount in the hundreds

How can shedding jobs in cities and towns that their sole economy depend on the government can thrive and prosper, welfare is not prosperity, unemployment is not prosperity, things are going to get worst at the end of year all this unemployed people have not where to go, two or our major chain food stores are closing, Merck is gone, Cooper tires is gone, Bob Candies is gone, uniform manufactures are gone, is nothing left in the city we live now but hopeless welfare and poverty

Money is needed for the Obamacare program that will also bring another burden to the states Medicare and Medicaid programs because with so many unemployed is nobody to tax for the program

Yes, people forget because of Obama been an African America that it doesn't matter he is still a politician like the rest of his white counterpart, they serve the corporate interest.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

The Expansion of Black American Misery under Barack Obama's Watch

blackagendareport.com

Black folks are not only far worse off “since 2009 under President Obama’s economic and job creation policies” – Africans Americans are the only group that “has taken a definitive step backwards since then.” The main reason: “lack of attention to employment in urban and rural geographic areas where Blacks reside.”

Here are two facts that may surprise many people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

OH well , you get what you paid for, my heart bleeds for them, we tried to warn them after the first term but he still got back in, and anyone who says anything against is labelled a racist, tough luck as I see that divide and conquer is working well on the skin colour front.
And UNTIL we say enough with the colour of skin BS and start taking each other seriously then we will never get anywhere.
Either suck it up or do something about it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Please.

When only a minority owned (read black owned since they are the only minority in the govs eyes) business can secure a government contract, I'm not really feeling your pain.

Sorry.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Thank you sir. Your post is an inspiration. I have black friends who think likewise. They are doing just fine. Your are correct, the Democrat party is still the party of slavery. They just call it entitlements.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

We knew that either a Black or a woman would follow Bush after that administration finished gutting the nation, funding and founding the global private military industry, creating insurmountable debt and passing the laws needed for global corporate government.

Obama's not perfect - but don't blame him for the current state of affairs. He's just the latest patsy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join