It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Magical Battle for Britain' during WW2 and how the witches of Britain fought the Nazis.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Thanks Destination

yes the case of Helen Duncan was very interesting. I think someone has posted a link in one of the earlier posts actually.

Referring to an earlier post - if that picture of aleistar Crowley is genuine, it may well have been taken before the war. there are pictures of the British prime minister Neville Chamberlain with Hitler during his appeasement campaign.

Crowley claimed he was not a black magician.

There was a court case in the 1930s where he sued someone for libel in 1934 for calling him a black magician.

Repeated in the Guardian: Here; www.guardian.co.uk...

Mr. Aleister Crowley, the author, claimed damages against Miss Nina Hamnett, authoress of a book entitled "Laughing Torso," and Messrs. Constable and Co., Limited, the publishers, and Messrs. Charles Whittingham and Briggs, the printers.

Mr. Crowley complained that the book imputed that he practised "black magic" and he said this was a libel upon him. The defence was a plea of justification

Plus in regard to that picture - did he not work with British Intelligence and was he not tasked to fact find behind enemy lines as it were ?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Oh yes I quite agree - paganism is alive and well. You only have to look at the old churches with their goblins and green men. I grew up in a village half of which was Sussex and the other half hants - it is surely a magical part of the world. I wish i still lived there.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Hopechest

Britain and Russia were starting to win the war before the Americans joined.

Granted, we would have been screwed if America hadn't sent supplies, but all them joining the fight did was help speed up the victory.

Don't get me wrong, appreciated and all that, but it is incorrect to say we would have fell had America not sent men.

Yep, I think there are a lot of Brits that appreciate america sending out for the groceries for us while we were battling the greatest evil on the planet.

----

America nearly became a nazi dictatorship in the thirties, but their coup failed. Despite it failing there were enough of these conspirators still in power that they prevented America from doing the right thing of entering the war on the side of the allies when they should have. Millions needlessly died as a result. The American people are not to blame for this but the american state most certainly is.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thanks for that link neformore - really interesting. especially considering the 100 year mark is coming up.

Also WW1 and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and the Fairies in the Garden in Cottingley - fantastic story. This is when there was a massive re emergence of the belief in the supernatural In Britain.

en.wikipedia.org...

The below one is the one that even as adults and in old age they claim was real ?

edit on 10-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dagann
reply to post by GrandStrategy

nauseating huh?....lol...Regardless of your opinions, the fact is/was that without American aide in either military manpower or economic resources Britain and Russia would have folded up like a cheap lawn chair in a hurricane. You can thank god for Churchill in your hour of need who mustered the drive necessary to prosecute the war from a practical position. Chamberlain and minions was a disaster in assessing Germany's intentions. Regardless, both Churchill and Stalin owe the United States and Canada for establishing the allied backbone and wrangling the power from Germany and Axis powers and their onslaught.
That is not an opinion, it's a fact.

No, it isn't a fact at all. By the time the US was finally dragged into the war in December 1941 the UK and Soviet Union had already withstood the worst Hitler could dish out.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Even devout Christians like Kipling and Belloc refer to the old gods when talking of the Southdowns.

If you haven't read Kipling's Puck of Pook's Hill, ma'am, you are in for a treat. It's all about the old gods and their guardianship of the land. It's a children's book, really, but one that an adult can enjoy—so long as they can stomach a few political anachronisms—and, as with everything by Kipling, it is beautifully written.

Kipling was a great man - I believe he was into the unseen too, like Conan Doyle. even Harry Houdini
Of course both he and Conan Doyle had lost sons in the Great War.

Indeed Kipling is responsible for the phrase ' known unto God ' which is on all the war grave head stones.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Indeed Kipling is responsible for the phrase ' known unto God ' which is on all the war grave head stones.

Just a point of detail. The phrase "known unto God" is just on those headstones where the identity is not known.

Will usually say for example " A Soldier of the Great War " " known unto God ".

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

i felt i had to reply to you for this interesting thread.
i was vaguely aware of the protection invocation on the british
isles during wartime as well as crowleys involvement with intelligence.

my usual source for crowley is currently in a secure unit going by the
name tetragrammaton and painting light scales as if his life depends on it.
i have assured him his library is safe.

i knew a guy for five years before he passed away in 2008. he was a career
raf officer for sac during the cold war. during conversations a couple of
years into knowing him, he let drop that he was a white witch and that in
many sections of the forces, their presence was felt. he was quite sincere
although his initial words upon meeting were hardcore sarcasm. he spoke of
the other plane and treading carefully whilst concentrated there. his
children also confirmed that he practiced in the art and were quite
knowledgable themselves beyond my level of understanding for that branch.
he was a true gentleman in a cravat.

a book i read a decade or so ago was 'the nostradamus traitor' regarding the infiltration
of the highest echelons of the occultists within the nazi party. cannot remember the authors
name, however i know that he worked in intelligence. the book is depicted as a fictional novel
but the very nature of their craft could suggest some facets as plausable.
regards fakedirt.
f(uk).

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wow this is pretty awesome. I'm glad you shared this
And people, (this means you tink)I think we all know that the Americans came to the aid of the Brits, but this thread appears to be about witches and magical warfare, etc... Not physical battles taking place in the physical world. If you look carefully, you might find another thread here on ats dealing with the more physical aspects of WW2 and the turning of the tides and what caused it, etc., but this thread is about something different. And yes, I know you have the right to post whatever you want wherever you want (im talking to you tinker bell), it doesn't mean you have to be an arsehole about it

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

Your wrong.
We won the battle of Britain before you got seriously involved. That is why it was called the "Battle of Britain" because British pilots fought it and won it with a little help from the common wealth countries and some pilots from the US and Poland.

edit on 10/2/13 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is such an interesting thread! Good job, OP. Star and flag

P.S. To everyone bickering over American imperialism, stop clogging up this discussion with your disagreements and go start a thread called "To the World: Americans Did Everything for Everyone Ever So You All Owe Us so Bow Down" or "To the Americans: Read a Book for Once in Your Lives, Get Over Yourselves and Kindly Sod Off" depending on where you stand on THAT subject and fight it out there. Honestly, I am absolutely at a loss as to why a mod hasn't stepped in to either delete the off-topic posts or to simply tell you all to stay on topic or go start your own threads.
edit on 2/10/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
And people, (this means you tink)I think we all know that the Americans came to the aid of the Brits,

Again for the third time in this one thread, NO they didn't.

The US first sent troops to Britain in 1942, the Battle of Britain was fought and won in 1940. We had the Germans stalled in 1942.

US troops didn't do much of anything but train until 6th June 1944, when you helped to invade France, and liberate Europe. That was after almost FIVE years of Britain fighting in Europe, weakening the Germans, and Italians.

The war ended when SOVIET, and POLISH, troops captured Berlin.

The US joined the war for money, you were paid. The Brits only just finished paying for that a few years ago. There was nothing altruistic about your involvement. Your history, and movies, completely ignore most of the war, and focuses on what Americans did during 44-45. Europeans did the work, you lot just came in with fresh well trained troops to help finish it off, and then try to claim you did it all.

edit on 2/10/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

'Allies' does not mean it included Americans. The majority of American troops were in training until the D-Day invasions.

On the site I got those dates from I included all mentions of American and British troops up until 1942, just to point out they were not involved in the BoB. Which was the claim I was refuting.

Why do you all need to feel that you did so much more than anyone else, I just don't understand this. Is it because you all grow up being told you're special, and America is number one? Does it deflate your ego when faced with the truth?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
This is such an interesting thread! Good job, OP. Star and flag

P.S. To everyone bickering over American imperialism, stop clogging up this discussion with your disagreements and go start a thread called "To the World: Americans Did Everything for Everyone Ever So You All Owe Us so Bow Down" or "To the Americans: Read a Book for Once in Your Lives, Get Over Yourselves and Kindly Sod Off" depending on where you stand on THAT subject and fight it out there. Honestly, I am absolutely at a loss as to why a mod hasn't stepped in to either delete the off-topic posts or to simply tell you all to stay on topic or go start your own threads.

^^This...

Awaiting off topic post removal and one liner warning

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

LOL, very true, and a star from me for you...well, I'm just a touch hypocritical, I suppose.
Honestly, I love the post...it's so interesting, I wanna hear more about it and unfortunately, I won't have much to add to the conversation until I learn more about it and I can't learn more about it when 90% of what's being talked about isn't anything to do with what the OP posted about.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

It's only off topic when the truth hurts.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Wow, very interesting. I would love to hear more about such things.
Do you have any other resources?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

No, it's off topic when it is nothing to do with the topic, this topic being about magical powers being used in Britain by the British for the war effort...nothing to do with Americans...Gasp...I know, I know, that;s quite a far fetched theory in itself

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
ww2 was an Illumaniti bank job , they funded the nazis, hitler wanted power and to bring about a new age for the aryen race and the Illumaniti were happy to fund it , apart from that you are correct sir , in fact the war was an occult war that not many know about , crowley being an occultist ? yes he was and mi5 are still very much into the occult in so many ways it would scare you if you only knew the truth,
that being said im going to inform you of just a small part but for what its worth please keep an open mind because "the truth is incontrovertible"-Winston Churchill-
the nazis were into aliens we all know that , the occult were all into demons so how does this fit togeather ? well its one and the same thing
God created the human race and sent not one but two races here , Angels and the "others" known as "the greys" to see this race in biblical times would make a person think this race was demons , this race played on this and after the flood that almost wiped man kind out the greys saved noah , yes not God , Gods plan had failed and this race saved some human beings to use as slaves in underground citys , this race of humans still live on the planet in just one of many underground citys , back in the days of WW2
if you remember , both sides reported Foo Fighters , mi5 and the occult made contact with these beings and the greys being what they are a menevolent race continued to tell mi5 they were infact "Demons" , this lie carried onto the 1970's when mi5 made contact with none other than Satan him self in northern ireland in 1973 when they made their biggest mistake ever .. an mi5 again finding the 2 1/2 year old Satan didnt believe a word the Devil said , Satan gave warning to the agents about american remote viewers in the 1980's who were being paid to remote view or simply spy on God him self ,
if you know anything about mk-ultra you will know that a shock is given to the back of the neck of an altar , mi5 carried with them one of these devices and proceded to shock this child and caused damage to his angelic vision ,
if you know anything about the nazis who were taken to the united states after the war you will know that some of them continued to conduct experaments in mind control joseph mengele (in fact the two lightning bolts of the SS represent a 50 thousand volt electric shocks delivered to a mind control victim)
the greys being friends with satan issued a warning to mi5 , Satan was at war against heaven and mi5 made a mistake the whole of the human race will soon pay for , mi5 were informed by Satan that remote viewers would discover a secret about God and this discovery would lead to the destruction of the human race , by the 1990s mi5 had met with other races and were trying to manipulate them into fighting a war against heaven in the name of Satan , Satan found this out and turned his back on the greys , the human race and many other races , Satan if you remember used to live in heaven and altho his war was against God it was never against Angels , mi5 made the mistake of making Satan an enemy of the human race insted of being the freedom fighter against Gods plan to manipulate the human race in nothing other than a covert genetic experiment..
Satan can win this war , mi5 and the races they manipulated into siding with them cant win . why did mi5 do this ? power and the fact they are an occultist organisation hell bent on the donination of heaven and all other races . Satan isnt standing for any of it and will not help the human race survive because of the abuse he suffered throughout his life at the hands of the mi5 agents and their glorified pedophile ring occultist friends ...
so lets sum it up , demons , nothing more than a race of beings sent here by God to carry out genetic experiments,
-a view from the inside- long ago this race as i told you had taken human beings underground , please do not mistake the white glowing orbs for alien craft , those devices aree man made and have been around for thousands of years..the race of human beings who live under ground use them to travel around the planet from city to city and are not alien craft ,the alien craft are a different colour .any sighting of these craft are human pilots !
how do i know this ? i have been in one , how do i know about the citys under ground ? i have been to two of them, how do i know this information ? im an insider and please do not let my warning of the upcomming destruction of the human race go unheeded, mi5 started a war against heaven letting remote viewers discover Gods secret , mi5 being military intelligence were to nosy and didnt take Satans warning seriously unless their agenda was to destroy the human race and use Satan as a mind controld slave to fight and win their war for them .
most wars are a bank job conducted by the "Elite" who are ancient bloodlines who think the rast of the human race belong to them. mi5 soon found out the occult was bigger than them and no amount of witches can save them

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now

Originally posted by ANOK

No, it's off topic when it is nothing to do with the topic, this topic being about magical powers being used in Britain by the British for the war effort...nothing to do with Americans...Gasp...I know, I know, that;s quite a far fetched theory in itself

I don't want this to be a one-liner but if I could, I would just give you one huge line of thumbs up for that response, destination now. ...

FYI, I'm an American and I was brought up in private schools when I was younger. I have many friends who were brought up in the public school system and I gotta tell ya, the differences between what is taught publicly and privately are ridiculously vast. In the private schools I went to, I was taught a complex and honest history of WWII covering respective involvement of each of the Allies...which is on par with what the Brits on here are saying. My publicly educated peers were spoon-fed a much simpler (and far less honest) version of events that highlighted American involvement in the war and downplayed the other Allies involvement altogether. I, for one, was not told I was special or that America is number one while I was being brought up, but most Americans are and it's really sad to see how they just take those two ideas and run amok with them without even ever questioning whether what they're being told is even true.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join