It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Magical Battle for Britain' during WW2 and how the witches of Britain fought the Nazis.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

Nice to hear a voice of sense and reason.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

But the point was raised when someone made the false claim. Are we just supposed to ignore it? Especially when it seems to be a common claim amongst Americans?

I could argue it's perfectly on topic. The OP's claim is witches helped Britain fight the Nazis, someone else claimed it was the Americans who helped the Brits fight the Nazis, I simply refuted both claims.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Thank you.
I really do find it awfully sad that so many of my fellow American still wholeheartedly subscribe to the false ideal of ultimate American imperialism and the overwhelming ego that accompanies the belief in that ideal.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

You are a fool,who must have skipped history class.Every operation I listed after Operation Torch (November 1942) included Americans . All of the campaign's in Sicily and Italy and most of North Africa.I have not claimed we did all the work,but to lessen our involvement because of your ignorance or just pure hatred of the U.S.A.Just make's you look stupid.

If you would bother to check the event's I listed.You would find that the U.S was there.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I

'Allies' does not mean it included Americans. The majority of American troops were in training until the D-Day invasions.

On the site I got those dates from I included all mentions of American and British troops up until 1942, just to point out they were not involved in the BoB. Which was the claim I was refuting.

Why do you all need to feel that you did so much more than anyone else, I just don't understand this. Is it because you all grow up being told you're special, and America is number one? Does it deflate your ego when faced with the truth?

Since this site is meant to deny ignorance.I am sorry to confuse you with fact's.Yes American's were involved in the B.O.B.

And as desperate as the pilot shortage was at the end of August, it looked to become even worse in the near future. RAF Fighter Command decided to look for pilots outside of their own training units. This notice began to appear in American newspapers during July and August. (This particular advertisement appeared in the New York Herald Tribune):

LONDON July 15: The Royal Air Force is in the market for American flyers as well as American airplanes. Experienced airmen, preferably those with at least 250 flying hours, would be welcomed by the RAF

Which is one of the reasons that Fighter Command decided to accept American volunteers. The Yanks might not have the combat experience of the Poles or the Czechs, but at least they spoke a language that was roughly similar to English. They could be vectored toward an incoming enemy formation by ground control, and could sometimes even be understood when they spoke. (They would also prove useful as a propaganda device, to sway the opinion of neutral America.)

Nobody knows how many ‘secret Americans’ served in the Royal Air Force during the summer of 1940, or how many Canadians who joined the RAF were actually Americans who kept their nationality a secret. (The official number is 7.)* But the real figure is probably many times higher. The only trace of their true nationality are buried in squadron rosters – ‘Tex,’ or ‘America,’ or ‘Uncle Sam.’

www.davidalanjohnson.com... ___the_american_connection_48330.htm

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Oh dear I can see this turning into a 'real handbags at dawn' session.
Can someone get some real figures from an MOD type source ??? So they are at least incontrovertible...
How many US witches took part in the magical battles ?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This thread to me is kind of insulting... Witches? Dragons? Or maybe witches throwing lightning while riding dragons who spewed fire?

No. It was plain machinery and flesh. That's all there was to it.

Also if you ask me, if Hitler never opened the eastern front I don't care if it's with or without the USA, fact is western Europe would have fallen.

Let's wake up to the coffee. Countries never go into wars to save other countries out of some ideal of pure good will or benevolence. That's not reality. Countries go to war if it is in their interest either geographically or politically.

Meat doesn't go selflessly to the grinder without the green light. Geo-politics is the name of the game.
edit on 10/2/13 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Why is it insulting. I don't know if you have noticed but it is in the paranormal forum, so don't read the paranormal section if you do not like it.
Also it did happen - you don't have to believe in the outcome.
Also no one can convince you that 'wars in heaven' start before wars on the earth plane, you either believe that or you don't. But don't start being insulted - that is insulting !

My grandfathers. landed at D Day,my dad's uncles were in the war in France,my family were bombed to buggery in London , so don't tell me I am insulting them. Thank you very much
edit on 10-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

O.K ever heard of the R.A.F Eagle Squadron ? A all American figther squadron during early ww2.Well it was well before 1941.Watch the video then read up about it. This is a British News Reel from 1940. I think this quote applies to you and the other poster.

"It's not denial,I am just selective about the reality I except"

Here's another source.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 10-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by Jepic

Why is it insulting. I don't know if you have noticed but it is in the paranormal forum, so don't read the paranormal section if you do not like it.
Also it did happen - you don't have to believe in the outcome.
Also no one can convince you that 'wars in heaven' start before wars on the earth plane, you either believe that or you don't. But don't start being insulted - that is insulting !

My grandfathers. landed at D Day,my dad's uncles were in the war in France,my family were bombed to buggery in London , so don't tell me I am insulting them. Thank you very much

Well done. You posted it on the right forum. Fortunately threads also appear on the fire-hose. Purposely to check out the latest threads.

Hey I'm into the paranormal and read a lot about it. But in the end of the day let's differentiate myth from reality.
WW2 started on the earth plane and ended in the earth plane.

Very well. My ancestors also fought in WW2, more precisely in the mountains of Greece offering resistance against Nazi troopers. Pretty much the majority of Europeans will have ancestors who were involved in the war. Doesn't make my point any less clear. So if my comment insults you it's your freedom to feel insulted, go ahead. By the way if at any point I feel that you are insulting your own family, I'll let you know that you are insulting your family.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Well Jepic you may have noticed the title of the thread was the Battle of Britain, it is relating to a specific time period in the war, BEFORE the Americans entered it and it does not relate to the German invasion of Greece.

You cannot deny it happened, because physically the witches of England did fight this battle also.

You are entitled to think that the outcome was all a load of rubbish though - that is for you in your concrete world to decide.

But as I stated - don't tell me i am insulting my forebearers who I knew well - who lived and breathed this terrible time when england stood alone. Thank you.

I am just reporting a series of events - not whether the results were true or not.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's funny. My pastor told me it was Christians praying who kept Hitler away from England's shores....

So witches, after World War 2, you just-quit? No interest in keeping the Commies out of Europe and Asia? How about that whole Islamic fundamentalist thing? You need to wax up your Ouija boards because the whole world is teetering on the edge here.

PS, my friend who knows a lot more about WW2 than I do says that Hitler never invaded England because it was full of Angles, who are a Germanic tribe, and he didn't want to kill fellow Germans. His policy was to contain the English until he could get Europe's "Jewish problem" taken care of. Not sure if that was his policy (and don't much care either way), but I thought I'd add it to the discussion.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

wiki is not a reliable source not really. I was thinking a ministry of defence source,

Anyway the point is this event happened during 'the Battle of Britain' the British, the Canadians, and many others were fighting but not the Americans in a govt sanctuioned role. Although there may have been a few there privately or who joined the RAF I do not doubt that.

So your argument is moot really because it was before they entered the war.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The video was from the British D.O.D so your argument is just denial.

My advice to you is READ A BOOK
or learn your own history.Or just stick with your own reality whitches.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

The video was from the British D.O.D so your argument is just denial.

My advice to you is READ A BOOK
or learn your own history.Or just stick with your own reality whitches.

hey listen Mate - what exactly is your argument.

Are you honestly telling me that Americans fought in the Battle of Britain, apart from a few.
America entered the war after the bombing of Pearl Harbour - 7th Dec 1941

LETS RECAP: The Battle of Britain is the name given to the Second World War air campaign waged by the German Air Force (Luftwaffe) against the United Kingdom during the summer and autumn of 1940. The objective of the THIS was to gain air superiority over the Royal Air Force (RAF), especially Fighter Command.

The Battle of Britain was fought entirely by air forces,and was also the largest and most sustained aerial bombing campaign to that date. From July 1940, coastal shipping convoys and shipping centres, such as Portsmouth, Plymouth, Hull, London, and manay many other places in the UK.

It was nothing to do with D day and the Americans were NOT in the war at this stage.

The Battle of Britain was BEFORE PH as many have already pointed out to you

Eagle Squadron were volunteers not sent by the govt.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

Well Jepic you may have noticed the title of the thread was the Battle of Britain, it is relating to a specific time period in the war, BEFORE the Americans entered it and it does not relate to the German invasion of Greece.

You cannot deny it happened, because physically the witches of England did fight this battle also.

You are entitled to think that the outcome was all a load of rubbish though - that is for you in your concrete world to decide.

But as I stated - don't tell me i am insulting my forebearers who I knew well - who lived and breathed this terrible time when england stood alone. Thank you.

I am just reporting a series of events - not whether the results were true or not.

Exactly. This thread has to do with events preceding the US entrance. So don't tell me about D-day and I won't tell you about Greece.

Good for the witches.

You mean Great Britain not England.

If I think you are insulting your forebearers, I will tell you that you are insulting your forebearers.

Come again...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

the story is real actually - you can choose not to believe the results of what they did. However - they did do it,

This is no different than thousands of church goers praying to God to help the troops. I'm sure they did do it, just as Christians pray. I do not for one minute believe supernatural forces helped the Britons in the manner spoken of above.

I think the most interesting part of this thread is finding out that Ian Flemming was the author of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

that is right - and yes I know !

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Jepic are you trolling this thread ?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by GrandStrategy

I agree that we didn't join the war soon enough but it was not Russia that sent supplies and troops to Britain to save her, America did.

Had America not joined the war Russia still would not have saved Britain. America did.

And yes America did save Russia because we opened the second front in the west which made Hitler split his forces.

Silly

Hey, just a quick history lesson for you.

Go check out the dates, the USA opened the second front AFTER the USSR won Stalingrad, broke the siege of Leningrad and began to push back the Germans, at that point the USSR would have won the war by themselves and it was obvious to everyone.

America realised that if Russia conquered Europe it wouldn't have given it back to the governments in exile and they would have absored its population and its industrial capacity unto itself which would have meant that America and Britain would have no political friends left in the world and Russia would indisputedly outclass the both of them as a superpower both industrially, economically, politcally and technologically (thanks to all the new Nazi Scientists working for them.)

Who wins a war is simply Industrial capacity times manpower. Most technological and tactical advantages, such as the German's one, are very short lived and unless the war can be concluded in one fell swoop then you quite quickly find yourself on the receiving end of the punishment as proven in World War 1, 2, Napoleon etc etc.

The USA's involvement at this point wasn't an act of charity it was a clever act of desperation because the Russians wouldn't have saved anyone and it would have left the USA with very bleak prospects if Russia were allowed to absorb all it laid eyes on.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join