It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Magical Battle for Britain' during WW2 and how the witches of Britain fought the Nazis.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Listen mate,you jumped in on a poster saying there were No americans in the B.O.B .You and he are wrong any fool who has studied history know's Americans volunteered and entered the R.A.F prior to the battle of Britian.I can send you artical's but with the denial you are in, you will just dismiss them.

Fact is that Americans were in the Battle of Britian and your attempt's to minimize their contributions and DEATHS .Show what shallow and ungrateful kind of person's your type's are.Now here are some more sources,they are not the exact sources you are looking for so I guess in your opinion they are all lying.

One is from the Battle Of Britian Historical Society,I suggest you read it instead of stating what you have heard.

www.raf.mod.uk... ly-fiske-dies-17082012
www.battleofbritain1940.net...
www.historynet.com...[/ur l]
[url=http://www.taphilo.com/history/wwii/BofBamericanpilots.shtml]http://www.taphilo.com/history/wwii/BofBamericanpilots.shtml
edit on 10-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

During the Battle of Britain, nine citizens of the United States of America flew with Fighter Command. As America was neutral at that time, these brave men risked the wrath of their home government by volunteering for the Royal Air Force, but their love of flying and their belief in the British cause drove them to take the risk. In order to avoid detection by the authorities the nine pretended to be Canadians, then caught ships to the UK and joined up. Two would not survive the Battle of Britain, and five more would die before the end of the War

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

You guys had barely stopped being a colonial possession by that point. Why would we deny you the opportunity if you insisted on being meat to fill the planes we stuck infront of Nazi AA guns along with the Australians?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

well mate

clearly there were about 10 Americans in Eagle Squadron but as stated America did not enter the war until post 7th Dec 1941.
FACT.
So America was not involved in the Battle of Britain, apart from a few as i stated who were individuals who volunteerd but they wre not flying under the stars and stripes they joined the RAF, so for all intents and purposes were British Pilots in the RAF.

I am not anti American I even wrote a story about the Arizona and her 'death'- i may post it here.

This thread is about the magical forces that were employed additional to the Christians praying and the RAF etc fighting

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Can someone get some real figures from an MOD type source ??? So they are at least incontrovertible

Here's the post you jumped in on.

I included all mentions of American and British troops up until 1942, just to point out they were not involved in the BoB. Which was the claim I was refuting

My reply was that yes there were americans at the B.O.B.Here is your reply.

Can someone get some real figures from an MOD type source ??? So they are at least incontrovertible

Beside jumping in on a reply not directly related in your thread (look at your reply you tried to take a high road).

You did what I said you would and minimized these brave man some of whom DIED for your country.That was a really awlful thing to do.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It would be interesting to hear more about Aleister Crowleys involvement with military intelligence, I never knew that about him before. In my eyes it certainly gives some weight to the idea of magic being used, if he was working for MI5 he must of been selected for some specific skills.

Can we please stop slagging each other off too, everyone who is properly educated knows the conventional history of WW2, i.e Americans volunteers did fight in BoB, Hitler wasn't able to invade UK, El Alamein was won by Commonwealth forces the Soviets done most fighting and without USA the French would be speaking German....lets try and stick to magic and attempts to use it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Look below your last post to me I sent a reply by accident and had to edit.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

i was the one who posted the pic of adolph w/ aleister.
i do not know that the pic is genuine.
i also don't know how to spell aleister.
the rest of what i posted was just my opinion, sorry if it was off topic as this is an intresting thread.

if A.C. worked with both sides in the war, that would validate my theory.
i'll see if i can find where i got that from.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

It was nt off topic it was really interesting - thank you for posting it,

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
There were people praying in churches too so does that mean...????

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sajuek

I have no interest in the Americans saved Brits behinds nonsense. I had an uncle storm the beaches of Normandy, it was good the US got involved, the reason is just as you state. Russia would have taken all of Europe, and given nothing back if the US hadn't got involved in the race to Berlin.

The US should have stayed out of WWI.

It is completely believable that witches cast spell to protect Britain, just as Christians prayed.

But did they accomplish anything?

Who knows?

Interesting topic.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
After giving it much thought and going over timelines of WWII and Crowley's life, I would have to say that any involvement that Crowley had in military intelligence work must have been very small if at all.

Crowley would have been 63 in 1939 and 72 when the War ended. Those were very productive years of his life, and Crowley was always a hale and hearty guy, but there were tons of mitigating circumstances besides his age, that would have prevented him from being any sort of super-spy. He may have been consulted on symbolism and the weird anthropology he knew about.

Most of all he was busy writing and trying to out-write every writer of his time. His correspondence with Fleming is really no surprise, lots of authors back then and today stayed in touch, and many belonged to the same secret societies.

Just as rulers have always been known to consult with those that they were convinced could see the unseen, so have those that have claimed to have that power always been immediately available to convince any given ruler that they have the capability to do so.

I can imagine Crowley actually offering his services unsolicited, it would have probably been the only real financial stability that he knew for his whole life.

I would say the same of the others, I imagine that Dion thought it her patriotic duty to get the witches rounded up and have them point their wands in the right direction. Anything to help.

But mainly, I have trouble reconciling 'Aleister Crowley: Super Spy' with the guy that wrote this...

hermetic.com...

I think it's just a story that is slightly more plausible than the Crowley/Barbara Bush thing from a few years back.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Been back a little over a month from an extended stay in Glastonbury, and your poetry took me back there tonight. Thank you for this thread. It was a pleasure to come across.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal

notice Aleister Crowley in center of photo.

while the topic of this thread is quite interesting,
it is, unfourtunately, absolute disinformation.

germany, great britian, the united states, soviet union ...
they are all on the same side.

the war was orchestrated to ...
kill orthodox christians and jews,
steal gold
realign 'governments' and establish state of isreal in preperation for 'armageddon'

witches should be much more cautious when in contact with etherteric entities.

they thrive on destruction and will misrepresent themselves to fool you.

Exactly.

Sorry about all the other Yanks that do not know the complete history of what happened. In our schools we're teach that we won everything and helped everyone...kinda sad...

All the forces were on the same side with similar wants but then they started turning on each other and that is when the U.S. jumped in, after Hitler and Stalin double crossed them. We (U.S.) did not want either of those having total control of Europe, which is why Americans were set up to die to give an excuse to break our neutral stance and join the war.

U.S. funded all sides of the war as did the Vatican, who helped the Nazis up until Hitler started losing the war.

People need to stop using school textbooks and start reading actual history texts/books as well as first hand accounts. School textbooks are crap, i.e. Texas recently made changes to textbooks that leave out tons of stuff like slavery, civil rights, treatment of the native peoples, etc etc. and whenever Texas changes textbooks the rest of the country uses those same books because of the size of Texas. 2-3 members of the ed board that accepted these new textbooks home school their kids.

On topic though, good read, I have read about such stories before but not this story.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

I know England contributed in assisting the Russians. But in doing so was not necessarily an act of brotherly love as it was a joint decision shared with America to equip Russia with the means to engage a successful attack on Germany's eastern flank. Had we not Hitler may have more military resources to use on the western front that could pose a threat to the Allied advancement into Germany. BTW...where did you go to school? I ask because if you are not cognizant to the fact that America sent an obscene amount of war material to both England "and" Russia, that you may want to get legal representation and sue your faulty education system.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Yeah...and he lost.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Hi all,

Although i posted on this thread too to try and calm things down by explaining some facts, may i suggest that certain posters on this thread stop bickering with each other and have a little respect for the OP who went into great lengths to write a thouroughly interesting thread?

If you wish to start off a Brit Vs USA thread start a new one up somewhere else please! but at least have a little decency, respect and thought for the person and people who want to talk about the topic in hand which isn't about National EGOS but about witches and the battle of Britain.

Many kindest respects to all

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

I totally agree. People like Henry Ford and "Lucky Lindy" were just two of many who supported Hitler's intentions. America had/has a NAZI party as well. Lets not forget that Prescott Bush involvement with Brown bros and Harriman union bank in New York was seized by the govt. for laundering funds for the NAZI's.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Great thread, brill story, thanks for posting.

Your intro reminds me how much I miss my home land. Must visit soon!

For the record - I totally believe this story, and also think that what they were doing would have ha a remarkable effect on the outcome of the war. Wow.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Oh yes I quite agree - paganism is alive and well. You only have to look at the old churches with their goblins and green men. I grew up in a village half of which was Sussex and the other half hants - it is surely a magical part of the world. I wish i still lived there.

*yeay* waves from the top of the Downs..

Anyway, just been thinking this through and If Crowley was employed by the Secret Services during WW2, it would (at best guess) have been with Mi9A..

Mi9 was split into 2 distinct groups, and we predominantly know of MI9 (separate from Mi9A) as the department that used stage magicians, escapologists, conjurers to design and create all the escape aids given to POWs/Resistance fighters for escape and evasion..

But dig a little deeper and you'll find "A force" or "Mi9A" who employed magicians for deception, creating fake air fields, fake armies, fake towns to deceive the Germans etc. they where more active in combating Germany by deception and more.

Of the 2, Mi9A is harder to pin down, more myth than real knowledge of their activities, which is why I find them interesting, and thus there has always been in my mind scope for Mi9A to be more than the claimed stage trickery..

I have always thought that "A Force" was more a mixture of the stage and the occult, especially given that the occult of the age was related more to the stage than they are now, the two where at that time inextricably linked in peoples minds so it would be logical to tie both together in one organisation.

One supposed trick to impress senior officers of the abilities of Mi9A was to create the illusion that the German pocket battleship the Admiral Graff Spee was sailing up the Thames.. Another was making Alexandria harbour vanish, which was supposed to have been carried out to hide the whole of Alexandria from German bombers.

So if there was a department that Crowley would fit in, it would in my mind be Mi9A, what is interesting about Mi9A and the magic/illusions/tricks they created is that most are attributed to one stage magician, Jasper Maskelyne, a stage magician that everyone seems to agree 100% couldn't have carried out any of the illusions attributed to him, nor anyone around to confirm the methods they used to hide Alexandria from German bombers.

So that always leaves a few question in my mind, if he didn't. who did? and if there is no evidence of the usual camouflage tricks used, what was used? real magic? I know some sceptics will say nothing was used, which is a fair enough response, but we have plenty of evidence of how the other fakes/tricks where carried out, and while we can assume the same tricks where used there are few incidents that are still anomalies.

I guess we will never know more than we do right now, but it is an interesting topic.. hope I have added a little to your investigation.. and perhaps an avenue to search

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

well now...let me see...hmmmm...if i'm not wrong i believe it was the European countries who saddled Germany with all the costs of WW-1 and by being so greedy created the hatred that produced Hitler. Also your intelligence agencies were knowledgeable of Germany's rearmament and sat idle even after Hitler invaded Austria and Czechoslovakia. He trampled the Treaty of Versailles and Neville Chamberlain head was so far up his arse that he was unaware he'd been scammed. Yeah...by the time the Brits and the French woke to the wolf at their door it was too late to cage the beast. Hell...even members of your monarchy who wed into their German counterparts was involved in treason as the flight of Hess clearly illustrates. You got your "Johnson" slammed into the door jam and "needed" America to clean up your mess. Not only did we save Europe but we rebuilt it as well.
Also...lets not forget that it was the British who authorized the State of Israel and by doing so created the quagmire in the middle east we see today. Thank you but please don't do any more favors.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join