It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Magical Battle for Britain' during WW2 and how the witches of Britain fought the Nazis.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Well obviously the witches were not that powerful since it was the good ole U.S.A. that bailed the brits out of trouble.

Not witchcraft.

Britain was all but at the end of her rope before America jumped into the war.

I believe that the battle of Britain was fought over the Channel and was mainly fought by Brit, Canadian and Polish pilots in Spitfires... Where did the good ol USA bail the Brits out????

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

Uhhhh, no. The battle of Britain was fought predominantly by British and Canadians with a little help from some other Euro Nations.

The Americans fought mainly with the Japanese, joining the Allies in taking Italy, as well as freeing the french from German Occupation.

The US, arrived pretty late in the war. Not that you weren't invited to help stop Germany, you just didn't give a # until the tiny Island of Japan bombed your home land.

If you want to be pompous and attempt to be boisterous about your self professed greatness, do some reading first. If we were talking about Normandy, then you could say " Oh, you french would be nothing with out the help Britain, Canada, and The USA. "

The US, didn't fight alone in Europe, and as brutal as it was, the European countries did pretty good with out the US.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Fact 1: If the European countries had done more to stop Germany sooner like telling Hitler..... "ya'll ain't suppose to be in the Rhineland so get back over yonder...." Or even mobalized as soon as he went after Poland... etc.

Fact 2: England was on her knees. No shame in that, she fought bravely and would have fought, I am sure, untill the last.

Fact 3: Many American pilots fought in the Battle of Britain.

Fact 4: Gas, Beans and Bullets that England was running very low on came from the US. Way before we entered the war.

Fact 5: If Hitler had not turned on the Russians, which gave England the break she badly needed. America would have had to invade different beaches (just imagine that logistical nightmare) and do it all alone to save England. I am sure we would have done it anyway. We are kind of fond of her, good o'l England.

edit on 10-2-2013 by murphy22 because: spelling

edit on 10-2-2013 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
While it is a fascinating story it can never be proven this battle actually took place, as it always is with all things occult and paranormal. The role of occultism in Nazism didn’t play such a major part in the Nazi regime as people think it does. The claim that Hitler himself was into the occult for the purpose of winning the war and to fulfill the destiny of the Aryan race is not correct.

Two major players in occultism in Germany were the occultist Guido von List and Jörg Lanz von Liebensfels. Long before Hitler’s rise to power Guido von List took Blavatsky’s work; the secret doctrine and ‘Germanized’ it relocating the super humans to the Northern area of Europe. He justified this by saying that the runes (‘an extinct German alphabet’) proved this. Von Liebenfels later gave the super humans an enemy, and claimed that it was all about the noble bloodlines conquering the lesser humans. The racist ideologies that are a part of Pan-Germanism (also an idea that came to be way before Hitler’s rise to power) went hand in hand with Guido von List and von Liebensfeld’s Aryan race.

It was the political idea of Pan-Germanism that fueled the war; not the occult factor itself. Dietrich Eckhart who was at one point involved with the Thule society adopted the writings of von List regarding super humans, which only fueled the existing racist ideologies of Pan-Germanism (noble bloodlines conquering minor humans) and was extremely anti-sematic like the rest of his pals. The Thule society itself was a sponsor for the Nazi party, and was disbanded before the war, not to mention there’s hardly any evidence that Hitler (or the majority of the party) ever worked together with the society on ‘occult’ levels.

The other occult source would be Erik Jan Hanussen; a clairvoyant who was murdered in March 1933. The influence Hanussen had over Hitler came from Hanussen himself and that’s the only ‘evidence’ of Hitler’s involvement with a spiritualist. The documentary ‘Hitler and the occult’ does a large bit about him. Also, in Mein Kampf Hitler states he’s a Christian doing the work of God – something that doesn’t go hand in hand with the ideologies that Himmler promoted.

The person who promoted the work of von List was Heinrich Himmler – Not Hitler. A fine example of this is Wewelsburg castle; Hitler never even visited this so called new spiritual center for after the war was over. There’s plenty of books and documentaries to be found on Himmler’s obsession with the occult and the master race, going as far as thinking he’s a Germanic king incarnated.

Also the spear seized from Vienne, the spear of destiny, has recently been proven not to be the actual spear as it doesn’t even resemble a spear used in Roman times. I forgot the name of the documentary about it but it should be easy to find on Google.

Was there occultism in Germany? Yes – why wouldn’t there be. Occultism is everywhere and will be everywhere. Did it matter if it was the original spear or not? I don’t think so either – in magick every item can be charged and given the form people want it to. Magick isn’t just for the gifted; it’s something everyone can learn. Why wouldn’t people use magick in warfare if they have the tools available? They can’t prove it but they sure as hell can give it a go. Did it win the war? I highly doubt that.

Was Hitler the front man of an occult war? I don’t believe he was. After 1933 he didn’t had a single good word to spare for Himmler’s obsession with the occult. Albert Speer said, quoting Hitler:
Why are we trying to bring to the attention of the world the fact that we have no past? Isn't it enough that the Romans built massive buildings, while our forefathers still had to live in miserable huts? Himmler has now started digging up the remains of these miserable dwellings, and is enthralled by every pottery shard or any stone axe he finds. The only thing that comes out of that is, that it is now clear to everyone that we were still throwing stone axes and huddling around the fire at a time when the Greeks and the Romans had for a long time reached the highest cultural level. In reality, we should keep quiet about our past, but instead Himmler is creating a quite unnecessary fuss with his activities. The Romans of our days must be highly amused over Himmler's discoveries!

I’m terribly sorry for my long post, but with all the Occult claims on Hitler’s activities I felt the need to add what I know

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by Hijinx

Fact 1: If the European countries had done more to stop Germany sooner like telling Hitler..... "ya'll ain't suppose to be in the Rhineland so get back over yonder...." Or even mobalized as soon as he went after Poland... etc.

Fact 2: England was on her knees. No shame in that, she fought bravely and would have fought, I am sure, untill the last.

Fact 4: Gas, Beans and Bullets that England was running very low on came from the US. Way before we entered the war.

Fact 5: If Hitler had not turned on the Russians, which gave England the break she badly needed. America would have had to invade different beaches (just imagine that logistical nightmare) and do it all alone to save England. I am sure we would have done it anyway. We are kind of fond of her, good o'l England.

Fact 1. UK declared war on Germany as soon as she invaded Poland and gave no response to a demand to withdraw.

Fact 2. UK was in a dangerous situation in the summer of 1940 but not in December 1941 when Germany declared war on the US. The planned invasion of UK (operation Sealion) had been scrapped indefinitely in Sept 1940 because the Germans could not achieve air superiority over southern England and the Royal Navy was too strong. By the summer of 1941 the RAF was regularly flying fighter sweeps over France to entice German fighters up.

Fact 3. American pilots in the Battle of Britain were 10 or 11 and all respect to them.

Fact 4. We paid for supplies and pretty much bankrupted ourselves.

Fact 5. If the UK hadn't held out how the hell was the US ever going to get at the Nazis ?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

edit on 10-2-2013 by Alfie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Remember ........history isn't written by the victors
That's Hollywood job
..................well if you come from the states anyways

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Greetings all,

Short of pilots for the battle over the channel, the RAF welcomed foreign aid :

139 Poles, 98 New Zealanders, 86 Canadians, 84 Czechoslovakians, 29 Belgians, 21 Australians, 20 South Africans, 13 French, 10 Irish, 7 Americans, a Jamaican, a Palestinian and a South Rhodesian joined the RAF in the fighting. Josef Frantisek, flying with 303 Polish Squadron, was the most efficient allied ace of the Battle of Britain, with 17 kills. The Battle of Britain claimed 498 RAF pilots.

There you go, that should put things right, for more info see this link : uktv.co.uk...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Hijinx

Fact 1... Ehhh, close, but Britain, did declare war on Germany as soon as they invaded Poland, and did tell them to cease and desist, but we all know the Nazi's.

Fact 2... Although Britain took a beating, I would not classify their actions as anything close to " On her knees." Britain fought valiantly, showing extreme bravery in insurmountable odds, and came out the victor.

Fact 3... Alright, you seem to be misinformed here, and yes I was wrong in saying no Americans fought in the battle of Britain, I believe 10 came on over to Join the RAF and fly British Aircraft. So FEW Americans fought in the battle of Britain, under the British Flag, in the RAF.

Fact 4... Yeah, Britain did buy some supplies from the US, thanks for selling them.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Good you get it. There are a lot of if, and, and but to the relations between the UK. and the US. Along with some should of, could of and would have.....during that time.
I did mention the logistical nightmare that would have been involved for the US. if Germany had gained Enland. We should all be thankful they didn't ok, the Isle of White... But you are right, America would have had a hell of a time. We needed UK. and they needed us. Along with our other allies.

The only thing the US. had going for it was stand off distance and the Canooks benefited from this also.
Ain't it nice to have friends?

There are many Americans that would do it all again as their grandfathers did to help the UK. should they ever need our help again. She has helped us over the years since WW2....

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Looks like you guys are on top of it.

WWII was fought all over the world by men and machine. If the "magic" was so powerful why didn't they just use it to keep the war from happening in the first place? They had plenty of notice.

It was unique. The first time that kind of war had been waged. But then thats always the way with war. Some new invention like iron sword vs. sticks, the bow and arrow vs. spears or Blitzkrieg will always come along and make somebody think they can conquer the world with it.

Its an undertaking of the world of men, not of spirit.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

Does the name "El Alamein" mean anything to you? Between October and November 1942 British and Commonweatlh forces defeated Erwin Rommel in North Africa. This resulted in two things:-

1) It was Hitlers first major defeat
2) It closed a war front.

It also freed up the North African oil fields to the allies.

Please note, there was no American involvement.

en.wikipedia.org...

Can i also state that if Britain had not won the Battle Of Britain, then the D Day Landings could not have been launched from our shores. The only alternative would have been to invade Europe from North Africa (Which the British had freed up) By having to invade from North Africa this would have taken far longer to free main land Europe, and we will never know what the outcome may have been.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Of course America won the war, haven't you seen the films?

They caught the submarine and got the enigma machine from it, then deciphered all of the codes.

They single handedly beat Hitler and saved the rest of the world from the Nazi menace - the supply of Fanta to the Nazis by the Coca Cola company, and the machines to process the Jews through the camps faster from IBM were just a blip.

Of course since then America has won every major war in the world - well, they've been in most of them, and have probably started 90% of them, culminating in their greatest victory in Vietnam when they whooped those commie asses with a strategic master stoke of obtaining victory by letting Saigon fall and rapidly withdrawing all of their forces back to the good 'ol US of A.

Yeehah!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I feel really sorry for the OP here, this was a very interesting thread that has been taken totally off topic (yes I myself made a mention of the off topic material but the majority of my post was about the subject matter) and not a mod in sight...I have had 2 posts removed on another thread, that I don't believe were particularly off topic, but as this thread doesn't have the death of a conspiracy theorist at its core, it would seem that it's not valuable enough to be moderated. I would use the alert function, but apparently that's not for off topic issues...shame

Back on topic, I see that someone else mentioned the medium I talked about in my previous post, Helen Duncan, that was a fascinating story and it certainly made me believe that some mediums can communicate with the spirit world and I do believe that there is a lot of occult goings on in the world, that we are often totally unaware of.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Alfie1

Good you get it. There are a lot of if, and, and but to the relations between the UK. and the US. Along with some should of, could of and would have.....during that time.
I did mention the logistical nightmare that would have been involved for the US. if Germany had gained Enland. We should all be thankful they didn't ok, the Isle of White... But you are right, America would have had a hell of a time. We needed UK. and they needed us. Along with our other allies.

The only thing the US. had going for it was stand off distance and the Canooks benefited from this also.
Ain't it nice to have friends?

There are many Americans that would do it all again as their grandfathers did to help the UK. should they ever need our help again. She has helped us over the years since WW2....

OK peace.

Obviously US entry into WW2 was hugely important for the UK but I think what gets up British noses are claims by some Americans that we would be speaking German if it wasn't for them.

Fact is that Hitler had given up on taking the UK long before US was directly involved.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

So World War II looked and sounded more like this?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 10-2-2013 by mac420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
But during the midst of this great and terrible astral war, dark forces allied with the Nazi regime threatened the lives of numerous talented children with promising futures in the area of occult practice. In defense, four brilliant pioneers of the most advanced occult banded together and founded a mystical fortress only discernible by established practitioners of the arts who were possessed of pure and earnest hearts. This fortress is known today as a myth, and it is called...

Hogwarts.

If their is a power full tool, AKA magic do you think they would want us to know about it? The powers that be clearly practice it. In our TV shows and movies its depicted as fake, they lie to you and twist what it really is. So you never even open a book or take it seriously. Its been in humanity's history for 1000's of years (keep in mind that people wear allot smarter, in the past then the mainstream wants you to believe.) to ignore it is ignorant. What do the powers that be know that makes them practice occult rituals and put symbols on every thing?
Its real....

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Couple more 'facts' to throw into the mix.

Firstly, American big business had a major hand in changing a bankrupt Germany in the early 1920's into the rabid, thriving war machine of the late 1930's- particularly good'ol Prescott Bush of that distinguished family later to give us two US presidents.

Union Banking Company, Standard Oil and Rockefeller's Chase Bank as well as U.S. automobile manufacturers all had a hand in helping the Nazis establish themselves.

"In October 1942, the U.S. authorities confiscated Nazi bank funds from the New York UBC, whose then president was Prescott Bush. The firm was condemned as a financial and commercial collaborator with the enemy and all its assets were seized.
Later, the U.S. government also ordered the seizure of the assets of a further two leading financial agencies directed by Prescott through the accounts of the Harriman banking institution: the Holland-America Trading Corporation (a U.S.-Dutch commercial firm) and the Seamless Steel Equipment Corporation."
rense.com...

Secondly, by far the greatest amount of German military casualties happened fighting on the Eastern front. Also, the nations who suffered, by far, the greatest military casualties in WWII were Soviet:

"The German military suffered around 2,800,000 killed. Of these around 2,000,000 died on the Eastern Front, 300,000 died on other fronts, and 500,000 died in captivity. The Soviet Union suffered 14,500,000 killed total. Of these 3,330,000 died in captivity."
wiki.answers.com...

Amazing achievements as the likes of D-Day, the Allied drive through Europe in the West, the air battles over Europe and the North Africa/Sicily/Italy campaigns were, their physical size was much smaller when compared to the industrial scale slaughter of the charnel houses of Barbarossa/Stalingrad/Kursk etc etc. In fact, it can be argued that the biggest contribution made by the US and UK forces was in the air campaigns over the Reich, destroying industry, paralysing commercial transport and tying up thousand of servicemen in the defence of their airspace (pilots, groundcrew, AAA crew etc).

Thirdly, according to lists held by the RAF, alongside 2,353 British pilots, 574 pilots from other nations were active during the battle- 11 American pilots qualified for the 1939-1945 Star with Battle of Britain clasp, meaning they flew combat during the Battle of Britain (10 July – 31 October 1940- 3 months 3 weeks)

This by no means undermines the bravery shown by both British and American forces, without whose selfless sacrifices, the world would have been a much darker place today. Just worth remembering when going with the 'Hollywood' version of WWII.

On the topic of the thread, I can well believe there were attempts to use occult forces by the British- the German interest in the occult is well documented, and the Allied war effort was leaving no stone unturned in order to achieve an edge. Im sure I read somewhere that Admiral Doenitz believed that something 'unusual' was enabling Royal Navy vessels to track his U-boats so successfully (although really, it was just the breaking of the Enigma codes and the advent of ASV radar). There were certainly points in the war where Hitler and other top Nazis behaved completely out of character (like halting the armoured drive just before Dunkirk for a crucial few hours) and it wouldnt be the most bizarre thing attempted by the British forces- ever seen the concrete 'audio amplifiers' on the East coast, or the enourmous catherine wheel type obstacle destroyers they tried?

I dont believe it had any big effect on the air 'Battle of Britain' campaign- that was purely down to the Luftwaffe having to cross the channel with fighters with very short effective range, the change in tactics to attack London instead of the South Eastern RAF bases, and Goerings failure to grasp the importance of GCI radar. And 'Sea Lion' required full air superiority in order to have the slightest chance of success (even with air superiority, its been proven to have been highly unlikely to succeed).

Either way, I would not be at all suprised if the British war office had, at the very least, looked into it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

nauseating huh?....lol...Regardless of your opinions, the fact is/was that without American aide in either military manpower or economic resources Britain and Russia would have folded up like a cheap lawn chair in a hurricane. You can thank god for Churchill in your hour of need who mustered the drive necessary to prosecute the war from a practical position. Chamberlain and minions was a disaster in assessing Germany's intentions. Regardless, both Churchill and Stalin owe the United States and Canada for establishing the allied backbone and wrangling the power from Germany and Axis powers and their onslaught.
That is not an opinion, it's a fact.
As to the point in this thread, I too find the prospect of the occult as curious to a point. Of all those cited i know very little of with the exception Aleistar Crowley. I will research it more when i have the time. From what i know about Crowley, other than he was pervert and drug addict who impregnated every woman who crossed his path and lived off the purse of his friends, that he probably cared less for western democracies and if for no other reason offered his expertise for a modest pay check. According to him, he gave a copy of his book "the Law" to Hitler in the early years. Personally, i think he had no loyalties to anything or anyone other than himself. In fact, he was thrown out of many countries for his lewd behavior and obviously he cared less for anything noble.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dagann
reply to post by GrandStrategy

nauseating huh?....lol...Regardless of your opinions, the fact is/was that without American aide in either military manpower or economic resources Britain and Russia would have folded up like a cheap lawn chair in a hurricane. You can thank god for Churchill in your hour of need who mustered the drive necessary to prosecute the war from a practical position. Chamberlain and minions was a disaster in assessing Germany's intentions. Regardless, both Churchill and Stalin owe the United States and Canada for establishing the allied backbone and wrangling the power from Germany and Axis powers and their onslaught.
That is not an opinion, it's a fact.
As to the point in this thread, I too find the prospect of the occult as curious to a point. Of all those cited i know very little of with the exception Aleistar Crowley. I will research it more when i have the time. From what i know about Crowley, other than he was pervert and drug addict who impregnated every woman who crossed his path and lived off the purse of his friends, that he probably cared less for western democracies and if for no other reason offered his expertise for a modest pay check. According to him, he gave a copy of his book "the Law" to Hitler in the early years. Personally, i think he had no loyalties to anything or anyone other than himself. In fact, he was thrown out of many countries for his lewd behavior and obviously he cared less for anything noble.

Are you taught in the US education system that not only America but Britain gave aid to the USSR during WWII? Or is that something that Americans like to ignore?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join