It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Heard on scanner LAPD has two helicopters and 20 man swat team ready to head out from LA.

LAPD keeps all that air equipment right across the street from Men's Central Jail. They should have been there at least 45 minutes ago....it's not that far especially by air.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I don't believe any of this crap now....it seems staged...and it's perfectly legal to do so to catch a crook

Well then you should listen to it straight from the source...

www.radioreference.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
reply to post by NickDC202

This area is almost to the bottom of the mountain, It's not really Big Bear where his is at now. Shame they are cutting out all helicopters now. We won't ever know what is going down now.

Remember there is a KCAL reporter actually with LE during this standoff
"We apparently pulled up at the same time as law enforcement" Carter Evans, KCAL

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202

Captain Janks a Howard Stern fan has gotten through to national and local coverage of everything from the OJ Chase and with the exception of 9/11, every other breaking news event

Priceless
An instant youtube classic.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Law enforcement was already assembled "it was as if they were just waiting for the go ahead" Greg (last name unknown) reporter KCAL/KCBS

Question to the Firearms Gurus Here on ATS:
What potential damage could Dorner inflict if in that cabin he has the firepower that he has been reported to have in his arsenal?
edit on 2/12/2013 by NickDC202 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
LAPD chief enroute. Wonder if he has them holding up until he gets into the action.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

LAPD keeps all that air equipment right across the street from Men's Central Jail. They should have been there at least 45 minutes ago....it's not that far especially by air.

I would think they have a good amount of air traffic already considering the fact that every news media from all over that area is reporting this.

Also the amount of law enforcement helicopters from federal, state and local must make it very interesting to fly around.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Was the information that Dorner was in Mexico or headed to Chicago floated out to the media to allow Dorner to feel that he had some breathing room at Big Bear to make his next move?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What do you mean - it was staged, and legal?

I did see a very fresh pool of bright red blood that the helicopter zoomed in on for JUST a second on the side of the road.

For some reason the helicopter was keeping a wide view. That puddle of blood was quite clear during the zoom. That's some powerful zoom.

Heard on the radio it was 2 women he tied up that got away and sounded the alarm.

link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I'm local so I'm actually watching 3-4 local channels at a time and listening to the radio...I still won't believe any of this until I hear the two witnesses that said he tied them up.

link   
I thought Dorner was going to be smarter than this but after reading the manifesto I was having my doubts.

Why would he do a home invasion is that the same lace he is in now?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Raw Video of the smoke spotted at the scene of the Dorner standoff:

From the LA Times

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Question to the Firearms Gurus Here on ATS:

Do you really want to go down that road, especially considering this is a very good thread?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Dorner at an "associate" police have only given the initials AY (???) but we do not know if this person is helping Dorner right now. Police initially learned of AY (???) on Thursday when police found his vehicle at Big Bear. AY (???) is alleged to own a home in the Big Bear area.

KCAL Reporter at the base of the mountain "We do not have confirmation that Dorner is held up in that cabin"

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

No, he stole the truck to get to where he is at now.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
What do you mean - it was staged, and legal?

I did see a very fresh pool of bright red blood that the helicopter zoomed in on for JUST a second on the side of the road.

For some reason the helicopter was keeping a wide view. That puddle of blood was quite clear during the zoom. That's some powerful zoom.

Heard on the radio it was 2 women he tied up that got away and sounded the alarm.

I'm saying that it could be and yes, it is legal. I didn't see any blood, but okay. I'll begin to believe it when those two women come forward which won't happen anytime this week I bet.

The bottom line is, if LE knew for a fact that Dorner was in that cabin, this would be all over...period. No one can confirm that's even Dorner.

Then someone is on local tv, KCBS and the reporter gets pranked...the caller said "you're a dumbass you still don't know this is a prank".

This is ridiculous!

ETA
Okay, I just saw the blood...where's the person that got shot?
edit on 2/12/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I'm curious to get in the mind of LE to understand the pro's and con's of different methods in resolving this situation. Dorner's arsenal and the damage it can inflict is a HUGE component of a response.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202
Dorner at an "associate" police have only given the initials AY (???) but we do not know if this person is helping Dorner right now. Police initially learned of AY (???) on Thursday when police found his vehicle at Big Bear. AY (???) is alleged to own a home in the Big Bear area.

KCAL Reporter at the base of the mountain "We do not have confirmation that Dorner is held up in that cabin"

That's why I think this crap is going on right now...this is crazy

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Grimpachi

No, he stole the truck to get to where he is at now.

That is NOT officially confirmed. He stole the truck (note the truck is what I would describe as a Nissan Murano) from the alleged home invasion involving the alleged in-home kidnapping of two individuals. We do not know if this cabin is the same as the home he allegedly invaded or if this was the "staging area" for Dorner being speculated by LE.

edit on 2/12/2013 by NickDC202 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join