It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If he has a .50 Cal then the police are going to keep distance until they get some armor up there. Even then if he has AP rounds then it better be some thick armor.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I'm local so I'm actually watching 3-4 local channels at a time and listening to the radio...I still won't believe any of this until I hear the two witnesses that said he tied them up.

I guess that will be coming later in time as they are probably being interviewed by law enforcement agencies right now.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Keep in mind we DO NOT know if LE is dealing with an active hostage situation--- If this cabin is the home that Dorner allegedly broke into, detaining two individuals (no one has reported if these two allegedly detained individuals were released at any point yet) OR is this the "staging area" Dorner had set up for a final battle such as this.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

If he has a .50 Cal then the police are going to keep distance until they get some armor up there. Even then if he has AP rounds then it better be some thick armor.

That has got to be the most frustrating thing for law enforcement in not knowing what they are facing.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I am going to go out on a limb and speculate that this is Dorner if not I would be real surprised.

It looks like the truck is stuck in a ditch.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
NOTE:
We have not again heard from KCAL reporter Carter Evans who is WITH LE at the shootout/standoff site since KCAL unsuccessfully attempted to go to him at 4:12pm Central time. Wondering if LE is not allowing him to continue reporting,.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Keep in mind we DO NOT know if LE is dealing with an active hostage situation--- If this cabin is the home that Dorner allegedly broke into, detaining two individuals (no one has reported if these two allegedly detained individuals were released at any point yet) OR is this the "staging area" Dorner had set up for a final battle such as this.

Actually wasn't there a shootout after he stole the truck and that is when the two deputies were shot?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

Actually wasn't there a shootout after he stole the truck and that is when the two deputies were shot?

Earlier I posted KCAL highlighted that there are TWO scenarios being reported as to what started the shootout.
One involves the home invasion and the other involves Dorner being spotted by Fish & Wildlife and a chase ensuing with Dorner abandoning his vehicle.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
LAPD News Conference at 3pm Pacific

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

We have not again heard from KCAL reporter Carter Evans who is WITH LE at the shootout/standoff site since KCAL unsuccessfully attempted to go to him at 4:12pm Central time. Wondering if LE is not allowing him to continue reporting,.

Well they did push the news choppers to a higher altitude...So that could be a possibility..

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The truck that the dumbass media keeps showing video footage of is a white pick up truck crashed near a stream...isn't a Murano a small SUV?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Carter Evans of KCAL was giving a live report in the area when he stumbled upon and was in the center of the shootout.

They keep mentioning him but still haven't gone live to him (Note: the reporter was NOT injured during the shootout)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
See how confused all of us are

Now if you turn your channel to the idiots over at CNN, you'll really get confused.

ETA
This doesn't make a lick of sense
edit on 2/12/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Earlier I posted KCAL highlighted that there are TWO scenarios being reported as to what started the shootout.

You are right as I must have heard it wrong...

The vehicle found and the suspect, believed to be Dorner, ran into the forest and barricaded himself inside a cabin. A short time later there was an exchange of gunfire between law enforcement and the suspect.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

When I initially saw the vehicle in the live KCAL shot I noted it wasn't a pickup but looked like a Nissan Murano which is Nissan's smaller SUV; its a nice car. I ascertained this because of familiarity with the Murano and the distinct back gate style of the Murano and its cheaper sister version both have.

All the doors and the back gate were open on the Murano-like car.

I mentioned it to highlight it is NOT the reported pickup truck but actually a smaller Murano-like SUV

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well I just saw the clip where there is blood on the road and that truck looks like the front end is either in a snow bank or in a ditch it’s kind of hard to tell so it would fit with him abandoning his vehicle.

I heard on talk radio earlier that he carjacked the truck.

add

Do many homes have basements there?

edit on 12-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

...I still won't believe any of this until I hear the two witnesses that said he tied them up.

Will this be good enough?

The people whose vehicle was stolen described the suspect as looking very similar to Dorner.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Best I can find for now...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Honestly, I've gotta defer to KCAL since they are the only media outlet with a reporter actually in the shootout and now the standoff. I am confident that although he is not doing on-air reporting at the moment that he is feeding info to the station. He is really the only source of info that MAY witness how this goes down.

KCAL is speculating that he may have had the couple tied up for a couple days.

The associate of Dorner (mentioned earlier in my posts; AY I believe) has a home on the mountain and this is someone that police was following for days and it was because they were following him that police found out about the burned out/burning truck.

Speculation that Dorner broke into the house several days ago and held them hostage. No word on the couple's current wellbeing.
edit on 2/12/2013 by NickDC202 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Someone on another thread said trac cat ordered in. Gonna gas or smoke him out?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Honestly, I've gotta defer to KCAL since they are the only media outlet with a reporter actually in the shootout and now the standoff. I am confident that although he is not doing on-air reporting at the moment that he is feeding info to the station. He is really the only source of info that MAY witness how this goes down.

Yes KCAL deserves this for their coverage...

They are doing a great job on this...

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join