It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Senator calls President of Iran a Monkey

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This is incredibly immature and unprofessional.

A US senator tweets an insult, which is easily interpreted as racism at brown person......hmmmm.......not surprising coming from a Republican.

McCain the war mongering neo-con needs to retire.....

edit on 5-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
Well, he kinda DOES look like Curious George. Lol

GEORGE BUSH IS CURIOUS GEORGE. The author of Curious George knew the bush family and named Curious George after George W. Bush.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

Not really but I'd debate that different folks have a different standard on what constitutes intelligence.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

My My My awful quick to play the race card huh. You see that is why we are in this mess because people are to afraid Obama will use the race card at the first sign of major opposition.

The race card has been played to much to where it has no weight anymore. Because people automatically expect a person to play it. When this happens the weight of it is like a feather in the wind.

I mean before long, you are going to start hearing things like.

"It''s because I'm a Christian anit it" or Can't a christian get no love up in hereeeeeeeeee...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

caling someone a monkey is not racist. You're using that term. I don't think it means what you think it means.

It was a stupid joke. Haha. Yeah. So it wasn't funny....it doesn't make it racist. It is just someone making the obvious joke.

And of course, since its politics, "the other side" has to be appalled by it and call it racism.

Jesus. I hope the country goes to total hell so we implode. Something needs to save you poor souls from acting so stupid over your silly politics.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
This is incredibly immature and unprofessional.

A US senator tweets an insult, which is easily interpreted as racism at brown person......hmmmm.......not surprising coming from a Republican.

McCain the war mongering neo-con needs to retire.....

He sure does.

But that comment was not racist, and our nation is just a little more morose for having to even have this conversation.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ah yes...

US foreign relations...

Gotta love it.

My question is why the hell is a US senator even tweeting in the first place ?!
Is this what society has sunken to ?

[insert slap forehead here]

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by solomons path

They are Persian and its disgraceful for a US senator to label a Persian a MONKEY.

America would probably invade Iran if an Iranian made this comment about the US president.

Nah we would laugh eat a bacon cheesburger with a coke(i rather pepsi) and see what is on the TV...

That or fling poo...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

caling someone a monkey is not racist. You're using that term. I don't think it means what you think it means.

It was a stupid joke. Haha. Yeah. So it wasn't funny....it doesn't make it racist. It is just someone making the obvious joke.

And of course, since its politics, "the other side" has to be appalled by it and call it racism.

Jesus. I hope the country goes to total hell so we implode. Something needs to save you poor souls from acting so stupid over your silly politics.

He knows its not racist, hes just trying to be a sensationalist or drama queen, whichever term you prefer.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
Well, he kinda DOES look like Curious George. Lol

GEORGE BUSH IS CURIOUS GEORGE. The author of Curious George knew the bush family and named Curious George after George W. Bush.

Now that was a Joke.
Do you guys see how it's done? It was a joke I laughed and I am a Republican!! I didn't need to read my views into it.It was a joke

Speaking of which here's another I am sure Mccain is now hummimg this.

Listen to the lyrics it fit's perfect. (Take it easy)

edit on 5-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

How is that racist? he just happens to be butt ugly and looks like a monkey. There are many beautiful Iranians he just isn't one of them.
There's even internet memes about him looking like a monkey.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
"monkey" is indeed a derogatory term used to describe those of dark skin. The term for blacks specifically is "porch monkey". I have heard the term "monkey" used in a derogatory manner toward those of Persian descent quite a few times in the past. John McCain should know better, but truthfully, we should know better than to worry about what he has to say. How the man ever became relevant is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well, I am just a monkey man
Im glad you are a monkey woman too

I was bitten by a boar
I was gouged and I was gored
But I pulled on through

Yes, Im a sack of broken eggs
I always have an unmade bed
Don't you?

Well, I hope were not too messianic
Or a trifle too satanic
We love to play the blues

Well I am just a monkey man
Im glad you are a monkey, monkey woman too, babe

Im a monkey
Im a monkey
Im a monkey man
Im a monkey man
Im a monkey...

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

White people have been calling brown people monkeys for a long time now as a racial slur. To pretend that it not could not be interpreted with racial overtones (regardless if he meant it that way or not) is disingenuous.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

How is that racist? he just happens to be butt ugly and looks like a monkey. There are many beautiful Iranians he just isn't one of them.

Actually all humans are beautiful of the outside. It's people like you and McCain who are ugly....on the inside.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
The hell are you talking about? What racist comment?

Good god you sensitive thing you..

Dinnerjacket does look like a monkey.

So what? Nothing racist about it... I didn't know that even white people could be offended by such a comparison.

It was a disgusting comment and not fitting the dignity of his office.
Mc Cain is trying to be funny and it fell flat because it was WRONG.

Now Ahmadinejad is going to call McCains mother a whore and we will have to start another war for a stupid reason. If only both these men acted like adults instead of preschoolers...if only.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

What? Now we are insulting Monkeys!?

You gotta LOVE McCain!

The guy is like...OK...i'm old and don't care! That guy is a MONKEY!

LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

Internet memes maybe but not a US Senator. McCain is a diplomat, a pretty crummy one in this instance but a diplomat none the less. He should bite his tongue at least half the time.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

As a person gets older...they have less of an ability to let things go.

Just because someone is a Political Leader...doesn't mean that respect should be allowed them that has not been earned.

In the case of the Iranian Leader...who really is a Puppet of the Old Religious Guard...this man has done more than enough to allow someone like McCain to call him what he will.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Guess monkeys are indigenous to Iran,

yet not America, Hawaii, Kenya (or wherever their Pres is really from)??

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join