It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Senator calls President of Iran a Monkey

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
arstechnica.com...

US Senator John McCain used his Twitter feed today to call Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad a "monkey."

John McCain ‏@SenJohnMcCain
So Ahmadinejad wants to be first Iranian in space - wasn't he just there last week? "Iran launches monkey into space" news.yahoo.com...

www.twitter.com

John McCain has called the President of Iran a monkey. This is absolutely disgusting behavior by a US senator. Tweeting racist jokes about the President of another country.

How dare he racially abuse the President of another country. All hell would break out if Ahmadinejad spoke like this about the US president.

McCain is trying to pass off this racism as a joke and still hasn't bothered to remove the offensive remarks,

nation.foxnews.com... _campaign=Feed%3A+FoxNation+%28Fox+Nation%29

www.theatlanticwire.com...
edit on 4-2-2013 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

abcnews.go.com...

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The hell are you talking about? What racist comment?

Good god you sensitive thing you..

Dinnerjacket does look like a monkey.

So what? Nothing racist about it... I didn't know that even white people could be offended by such a comparison.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

It wasn't racism . . . Iranian is not a race and he didn't call the people monkeys. He, more than likely, was taking a jab at his intelligence, moreso than nationality.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You are reading into it too much
Twas clearly a joke.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Monkeys everywhere should be outraged.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

They are Persian and its disgraceful for a US senator to label a Persian a MONKEY.

America would probably invade Iran if an Iranian made this comment about the US president.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Is it racist to monkey around?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I doubt it was a jab at Ahmadinejad's intelligence, he is a very educated man

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Out of the two men I say McCain would lose the intelligence contest.

edit on 4/2/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

They are Persian and its disgraceful for a US senator to label a Persian a MONKEY.

America would probably invade Iran if an Iranian made this comment about the US president.

What if they called him an ass?

Is that a non-insulting animal to call him?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Criticism from member of his own party;

Justin Amash ‏@repjustinamash

Maybe you should wisen up & not make racist jokes. “@SenJohnMcCain: Re: Iran space tweet - lighten up folks, can't everyone take a joke?”

www.twitter.com

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I did read this topic on a totally unbiased news source also.

edit on 4-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
McCain sucked at being a soldier (captured) and sucks at being a politician. Besides - why's he wasting so much death-related-industry-time by tweeting?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I'd say McCain accurately represented the view of some ATS'rs based on the replies to the OP. Pretty sad. He does not represent my views. This is not the way to stimulate diplomatic discourse but then again, our Govt stopped trying to negotiate wth those who wont fall in line a long time ago.

CX

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I wouldn't call it racist, however i firmly believe that whilst politicians keep on saying things that really don't help anyone, they should have their mouths wired shut and banned from all social media.

Whether it's petty or not, we all know how much something silly can escalate tensions between countries.

For someone in his position, he should just be a bit more responsible.

CX.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

But its cool for the Iranian president to call americans the "white devil" and the "great satan", right?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

What if they called him an ass?

Is that a non-insulting animal to call him?

So its okay by you to stoop to the level of others who act immature? If so, when has this ever helped resolve conflict? How is it not like pouring gas on a fire?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

But its cool for the Iranian president to call americans the "white devil" and the "great satan", right?

So its okay by you to stoop to the level of others who act immature? If so, when has this ever helped resolve conflict? How is it not like pouring gas on a fire?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
How is it racist?

Surely it'd just be as racist as calling Mr McCain himself a monkey? All humans, regardless of skin colour and whatnot, look just as similar to apes/monkeys as each other (albeit, hairless, more sophisticated apes).

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I wouldn't call it racist, however i firmly believe that whilst politicians keep on saying things that really don't help anyone, they should have their mouths wired shut and banned from all social media.

Whether it's petty or not, we all know how much something silly can escalate tensions between countries.

For someone in his position, he should just be a bit more responsible.

CX.

This is the same guy, who while on camera, chanted "bomb, bomb, bomb. Bomb, bomb Iran". Why should anything ignorant coming from him surprise us. [facepalm]
edit on 4-2-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Criticism from member of his own party;

Justin Amash ‏@repjustinamash

Maybe you should wisen up & not make racist jokes. “@SenJohnMcCain: Re: Iran space tweet - lighten up folks, can't everyone take a joke?”

www.twitter.com

I think Justin Amash is himself racist for thinking it's racist. I cannot understand how calling Ahmadinejad a monkey is racist like calling McCain a monkey is or Mugabe a monkey is? Isn't it just generally insulting to call any human a monkey?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join